Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #16  
Susan

Hi,
I am extremely happy the weekend is here. I'm soooo tired, I can't see straight. I've had 2 late nights at school, one for open house and tonight it was because our coordinator was there hanging out. I like the school and everyone is really nice. I'll have 4 kids and a 5th one coming at the end of the month. 2 of them are more involved than the other 3 and will present a little more of a challenge.

I've not been good at eating this week due to not taking my lunch and being able to eat out. I'll be back on track tomorrow.

Tina, the punch Amy is talking about is everyone in my family's favorite but it will certainly throw you in to a sugar coma Oh but is it yummy!!

Amy, I'm glad you got to go out with the girls, you deserved it.

Tammy, what's up girlie?

Erin, welcome to the group. We like to have fun and everyone is super supportive.

Well, off to try and stay awake until bed time, if not I'll be awake at midnight.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #17  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Today - my first day on the flex plan - was EXCELLENT! I'm so excited about this 'diet'.

As for all of you getting ready for school - I certainly feel out of the loop! I start back to school on the 22nd of August - I'm starting on my Bachelors.

I homeschool my 8 and 10 year old - and we aren't going 'back' to school until Sept. 6th! I did go buy school supplies while it was tax-free, though!

Thanks for the warm welcome, btw! THis website is so informative!
Old 08-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Hey, everyone look at my new tracker. I've made a bold goal for November. I go back to my ob/gyn for a check-up then. Wish me luck!!!!

Erin, glad you are with us. Good luck on the flex plan. It's my favorite.

Susan, I'm glad you have the weekend to relax. Be good to yourself.

I wonder when Tammy will be back?

Sis, Mimi, and Jody, please let us know what's up.
Amy, you will have an empty house this year.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #19  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone is doing better. Susan,I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Tina, hope your burn is getting better.
Welcome to the new people. Hope you like it here as much as we do.
I am starting my week of vac today. I am so happy to be home for a whole week.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week end. Take care all.....Sis
Old 08-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #20  
Susan

Morning all (at least for 10 more minutes)

I've been cleaning off and on. I've also been on the verge of tears this morning so everytime I think I'm going to start, I do another chore. I'm missing Seamus and Betty. Just think I'm tired and overwhelmed. I'm also picking up Betty's things.

Pat's band is playing tonight but I'm staying home. It's at a real smokey bar and I hate going when it's real smokey.

Tina, I'm right there with you on going to the dr. I go in Oct. so I need to get my behind in gear!!!!!

Sis, I'm sooo happy you are on vacation. How is your daughter doing?

Erin, keep up the good work! That's great you are going back to school, what will you be studying? Tammy and I are both teachers.

Tammy, where are you? We miss you!!!!!!!

Amy, I'm proud of you, sweetie!! Keep it up, and give your big sis some motivation.

Off to do a few more chores..... I have a ton of wash to do. Any volunteers???
Old 08-06-2005, 11:59 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Very strange----I didn't get a notice of anyone posting today.

Sis, a vacation sound heavenly. Have a great time. What will you do just for you?

Susan, I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Just know that you have lots of friends right here.

My fingers are almost well. I still don't have feeling on top of the old blisters but that will go away as soon as the rest of the blister pieces go away.

Tammy, are you home yet?

I've been painting for 2 days now. I'm about done with the priming. (I'm no painter and I'm not quick. )

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Oh, I'm going to start a new Goals Thread.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #22  
Susan

Good morning,

Nothing exciting happening here. Wished we had won the lottery! Tomorrow, I'll start packing my lunch so hopefully that will help me in losing some weight. I went to the store yesterday and bought healthy stuff.

Tina, painting does not sound fun. We need to paint the outside of the house and are thinking about getting it painted just for the sake of time. Glad your fingers are better. Get Mederma for them and they won't scare as much either.

Have a great day.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #23  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful week end. We aren't going anywhere this year, just staying at home and relaxing. We have a new puppy right now that need to be fed a couple times a day. She is such a sweetie. Our older dog is soooo tolerant of her. I was surprized, as she is about 11 yrs old now, but she seems to adore her too. The pup is going to be about 4 times the size of our older one, cuz she (the pup) is a Yellow Lab and our other is a Sheltie. Anyways is going to be a nice week. Hope everyone has a great day....Sis
Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #24  

Sis, your pup will be a bit bigger than the older one!!

Welcome to Erin!! You have joined a great group of women!

Susan, I'm so sorry about Betty. I know how hard things have been for you and Pat. You've been in our prayers and will continue to be in them. You will be great at the Middle School. It won't take you long to get the routine down and to make so many more friends.

Amy, I'd like to see "Must Love Dogs". Not sure about sitting through it though. I start hurting and have to get up and move around.

Tina, Hope you are over the sore throat. Painting is not any fun in my book.

Band camp was fun, but hot. Last Sunday before we left, I ran into the mother of one of the chaperones. I joked about whether Tonyah would survive band camp since it was her first time as a chaperone. Her mom told me that she wasn't going. This is at 11:00, and the check in was 1:00. The mom got her on her cell phone. Tonyah told me that she had talked to the band director and had also called my house to let me know that she wasn't going. The director knew nothing about it, and there was no message on the machine. I was NOT happy. Why are people so inconsiderate? We managed without her, but it would have been easier if everyone would have been there.

The songs and the show are going to be great. The kids got along, so it was a pretty easy week. The seniors did some silly pranks (turned the practice area in the gym completely around, put shaving cream on the handles on the sinks, put "poppers" on some of the doors so they would bang when they were opened, and other things). One of the boys was just disgusting. He had bought condoms and they were found in various places. The director and chaperones were not happy. His parents think that he is an angel and does nothing wrong.

Bob and Tim are in Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400 today. Kramer and I are hanging out here at home. I need to go to school and see if my room is ready. I have to get started or I won't get ready in time. It takes me forever to do things.

Have a great day!!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #25  

Susan I feel for you deeply, I still miss my Peppy so much, but I try to concentrate on all the happy times, and just think what a wonderful life you gave to your Betty and how much she gave to you.

I finally finished the painting in Dan's room. It is beautiful, now.......... on to the next one.
I have been eating pretty good and trying to stick within my points. I started to pick up cookies and candy (my weaknesses) several times and talked myself out of them. I am being stubborn with myself and saying NO I will NOT.
Have a great week ladies.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Someone here has great willpower. That person is Mimi. Wow, telling yourself NO to cookies and candy. That's great!!!
Mimi, want to come help me finish painting my room? I've gonna finish that thing as soon as possible. I need some normalcy back.

Everyone have a great Monday. I am going to get up, eat a healthy breakfast and exercise to the WW dvd tape.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #27  
Workin' hard!

Tina, how do you like those WW exercise videos???

Mimi does have excellent willpower!

I teach children's church, and today at church I had cookies. I thought to myself, I already had cookies, go ahead and have some kool-aid. It completely went against everything the WW plan is about! If I had stopped at a cookie or two, things would of gone fine for the rest of the day.

But, instead, when I got home I continued on a trend much like that, until this evening. It's ok - because I reigned myself in, but from now on, I'm going to tell myself NO beforehand, so I don't go into a tailspin like that again!!!

I'll have a plan for next Sunday, for sure!

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, too!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 AM   #28  
Thursday Lady

It's Monday and the first day of the workweek!

Erin, I have the dvd exercise that was given out free. I LOVE it!!!! I haven't gotten down all the moves in the most intense part. My feet just won't turn that fast.

Hope everyone has a good OP day. In fact, I'm getting ready to exercise with that video---right now.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #29  
Workin' hard!

I didn't get a free dvd!!! I want one, though!!! I'll have to check out what they have for sale on Thursday!
I'm not very coordinated, though - it could be a disaster! LOL!

So, how is everyone today? So far, so good for me. I'm still painting my living room, which is a blast with a baby, let me tell you!

It feels like I've cleaned up more paint on the floor than I've put on the walls!

So, Tammy - do you have children in a band? Do you play any instruments? I play the piano, but I just taught myself how about 2 years ago...it's alot of FUN! I find it VERY theraputic!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #30  

Ladies if you will pay my way down I will finish your painting.
Erin you can have my dvd if you like I am way too much a spaz to even try the routine again. I really did fall over my own feet when I tried it.
As for the cookies and candy you see here's the thing. Its my big weakness and I feel so hungry if I do have them it is like something gets switched on in my body. I often find that if I have a blow out day the next I am incredibly hungry even if I am eating all my points.
I am sure that happens to all of us but it was a revelation to me that I just have to really control the sweets. I still allow myself them occasionally and have lots of treats that I can have.
Closed Thread