Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Pre weigh-in dinner

I just posted on the points thread that I never know what to eat for dinner the night before weigh-in. I plan on eating light, like soups, but then I get famished later and wind up eating too much or eating something heavy. My weigh in is 10AM on Saturdays. So I definitely don't eat before I go. What do you all usually eat for dinner the night before weigh-in, assuming you weigh in in the morning.

BTW, it's 2PM and I just drank my 100th ounce of water. Don't know if I can stomach any more today.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:32 PM   #2  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Maggie,

Maybe you better quit on the water so it has enough time to get out before WI.

It probably doesn't matter what you eat, just don't eat anything that is going to make you hold water. You don't even want to know what I'm having for dinner, but it has 6 points per slice. Wo!

Good Luck on the WI tommorrow.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #3  

And like others have said. . .
Step away from the salt. Any salt you consume can and WILL work against you on your WI.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #4  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Ah, thanks girls, but it doesn't matter. I had 8 points left for dinner when I got home, ate them and then ate four pieces of rye bread with Brummer & Brown. I don't know why I am so compelled to sabotage myself the night before weigh-in. If this doesn't stop, I am just quitting this crap. I know the plan works, but something inside ME doesn't want me to succeed. I am getting really tired of it all -- this panic-stricken feeling every Friday night, being out of control with eating the "little" things, like no major binge but enough excess bread to screw up my whole day, feeling like a friggin' failure every week.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #5  

Maggie, do you think that it would be better if you changed the weigh-in pattern? I know WW meetings have a set pattern, but what if you decide to weigh-in every other week? Or every morning? I used to weigh-in on Fridays. . .this led to me eating next to nothing on Thursday night and then after weighing in, pigging out every Friday because it would be a whole week until it mattered again. The daily weigh-ins really stopped that for me.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:49 AM   #6  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Oh Maggie, I hope you don't stop! To be honest, you sound a lot like my sister. She and I had a talk yesterday about that exact panic-stricken feeling that she gets sometimes regarding food. She told me that she'll even have her apartment stocked full of low-fat and fat-free snack foods, but that she'll eat her way through those in no time just because she gets this intense panic that if she doesn't, she could shake apart.

So you're not that odd or weird or anything of that nature, really. I used to get that same feeling, which was why I couldn't do WW so well in the past. But I told my sister (and I'll tell you), what helped me was taking myself to a different mental place whenever I felt that urgency come on. Like, instead of feeling urgent about eating, I would take steps to feel urgent about studying or grading papers or catching up on e-mail. A lot of times it would help just to make phone calls because I'm such a stickler for the "don't eat while you're on the phone" etiquette rule (though in cases of emergencies, I've been known to munch and crunch in someone's ear, lol). You might even force yourself to leave the house for a little while--walk around the mall or a shopping center for a few hours, at least just window shopping.

But I do think most importantly, you need to figure out for yourself what made you want to start WW in the first place. Was it health-related? Looks-related? A mixture of both? Something else? Just evaluate how you feel about yourself and your future honestly and without being cruel (that's a biggie for me), and then distinguish what steps you think you should take to feel even better about yourself and your future.

Honestly, I think this is a very worthy concern you have, and I bet you're not alone in it. I'd even suggest bringing it up at your next meeting (whether that's today or next week) and see if anyone else has ever felt that way, and if they have, what they did to change their habits. It might just help to have flesh-and-blood people you can see offer you some support as well.

*hug* Don't fret, Maggie, and please don't stop just yet! Just look how close you are to your "Kiss 'Em Goodbye" goal! Only 4 pounds left!

Good luck today!
~Amanda
Old 07-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #7  

Hi all!! Maggie you are such an ispiration to us all, don't quit!!!! I had the same trouble in past attempts at weight loss. I'd start with not eating much for dinner the night before weigh in. Then I'd start to tell myself two days before weigh in I had to keep things light and I'd be so hungry I'd actually eat alot , feel like I failed and get mad and quit.

Here's my new mind set. Weight is an arbitrary number. It's something we made up and assigned a value to. Certainly, through time standards have been created to connect health and well being with a certain number range. We can use that as a guide to keep ourselves healthy. It's ok to own the number and accept how we got there so we can make positive schanges. But don't let the number own you.

So This time I have told myself I will not try to change my weigh in day meals. I do eat dinner after b/c that is easier for my schedule. But I will not starve myself before weigh in. I will eat my points as I do every other day. I will drink my water as I do every other day. For me I like to use all my flex points on the weekends. And I use them, every last one. I eat every single point almost every single day. We get thos epoints for a reason, b/c our bodies need that much fuel.

So what I ate or drank won't make any difference b/c I am doing the same thing each week. It balances out. It's all reletive. As long as you eat your points each and every day, use your flex if you are doing that program, you will succeed. If you ate a healthy reasonable breakfast EVERY Saturday morning, it's not going to hurt your weigh in from one week to the next b/c it's always there. Just like some people like to wear the same exact clothes. There will be ups and down. We all have off days when our eating is not perfect. We all have weird weeks when we are perfect and the scale does something nasty to us. But over time a downward trend will appear. Consistency is the key.

Amanda is right you are so close to your goal. You have to be doing something right. The program is working. But more importantly it's you who is making the program work. When you worry about not eating too much you may be stressing yourself to the point of eating too much. If you give yourself permission to eat like normal then it may tak eaway some of that anxiety. If you know it's coming do like Amanda suggested push that urgency to another area. Or even plan ahead. Save a couple points for a little "relaxation". I eat icecream almost everynight. It's my little reward. I save my points just for that.

Lots of HUGS for you, Sweetie. We need you here. Please stick with it. When you look at the big picture you're doing GREAT!!
Old 07-30-2005, 03:16 PM   #8  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Oh yeah, Misty! Good point! I eat ice cream every night, too! I make those little treats that Lori and Izzy shared with us a while ago. I have a cup of slow-churned ice cream (this week it's fudge tracks)--6 pts. + a 100 cal. pack of Right Bites Chips Deluxe crushed up in a coffee mug--2 pts. That creates an 8 point dessert. Kind of high, but I save my points every day and plan for it. I know if I were to take away my favorite dessert, I'd feel depressed and deprived and would probably get into that high-anxiety/urgency feeling and possibly sabotage myself.

Maggie, Misty's right--you're a true inspiration to us. We definitely need you here! *hug*

~Amanda
Old 07-30-2005, 03:34 PM   #9  

Maggie, have you considered copying a plan from earlier in the week? Say, Monday you had an OP day and did not feel hungry or deprived. Friday, have the same exact foods. Might be a little boring, but you will know that if you think you are hungry, it is your mind, not your body!
Old 07-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #10  

Amanda_I am ADDICTED to that dessert!!!! Lori and Izzy are the best!!!!! I use Turkey Hill Icecream when I can find it lowers it to 5 points!!! Or I use Edy's No sugar Added and it's only 6. Either way it's my sanity!!

Hippo has a great idea there Maggie. I might just use that too!!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:09 PM   #11  

Oh, forgot to mention that if you do quit and/or we do not hear from you over five days. . .you will wake up in the middle of the night to the sounds of a clan of sistas. . .marching, chanting, and possibly carrying torches. . .outside of your window. Which is scarier, trying to stick to the plan, or crazy fat girls with fire?!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #12  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

LMAO!!! Oh my God, HH...that's hilarious!!

...but true. Watch out, Maggie.

~Amanda
Old 07-31-2005, 11:25 AM   #13  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

OMG crazy fat chicks with fire? now THAT is a mental image!

and we can all wear our Slimmin Sistas TSHIRTS! woohooo!!

you know, actually, i wouldn't mind having a tshirt with our little logo on it... perhaps our esteemed logo creater should set up a store with cafepress!
Old 07-31-2005, 05:24 PM   #14  

LOL!!! I SOOOOOOO was gonna make a t-shirt! I have some iron on printer transfer paper and I was goona try it out. TOOO FUNNY! But I forgot to buy a shirt maybe next time I go to the store
Old 07-31-2005, 06:54 PM   #15  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Ooo...yeah! Try it out and then take pictures to show us how it looks.

And hey, Misty! You and I are like almost always at the same weight every week! How hilarious is that? Congrats to you! We're almost in One-derland! Maybe we'll walk through those golden gates together.

~Amanda
Closed Thread