3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Week of July 25-July 31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/62113-week-july-25-july-31-a.html)

Sweater Girl 07-25-2005 08:27 AM

Week of July 25-July 31

Morning Ladies,

I went to WW, weigh too much, but hey, I am smaller than I ever have been at this weight which shows all the muscle and hopefully bone density I have gained from running. But alas, I need to lose 18lbs to be a few lbs below my WW goal.

Today I get my ultrasound and mammogram... not fun, but it's for peace of mind.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Ali:)

Grace, Grace 07-25-2005 10:07 AM

another returnee!

Hey all. I have been MIA for about a year. I taught last year and did not have internet in my office so I didn't post BUT summer is here and my summer job offers a LOT of downtime and internet access. Such a dangerous combination!!!

I cannot get over all of the babies and marriages going on. DH and I are hoping to TTC in October, November. I would really like to drop a few pounds before then. Well, actually about 10 or more if possible so I am back on the WWer bandwagon.

How is everyone?? I am not sure if you all remember me but I know a lot of the names that I have seen posting so I think you will.

I look forward to connecting with all of you again. I found myself throughout the year wondering how all of you are. Update me on the happenings of your life when you get a chance :)

Sweater Girl 07-25-2005 10:10 AM

Becky!! Welcome back!!

Grace, Grace 07-25-2005 10:12 AM

Ali, Great to see you still here. Glad you are running. I always admire runners b/c I really do not like running. I know it must take a ton of disicpline. I think you are doing well to focus a bit more on how you feel (muscles, health) than that number on the scale and of course if you keep it up that number will inevitably fall!

Sweater Girl 07-25-2005 10:36 AM

Becky: I know, I have actually increased my personal goal and put that to 152, but if I feel great and the number doesn't get that low, I am willing to adjust it. My problem though is my eating has been really terrible as of late and has been since March of this year with a few good weeks thrown in here and there. So even if my WL is slow which it probably will be, I really want to make sure I am nourishing my body properly and not resorting to destructive eating behaviour like binging, making excuses to eat tons etc. Due to my weight gain, I have found it much harder to do hill repeats in running and those are so important for distance. The one thing a lot of runners have is that we often think "hey I can have this since I am running" unfortunately a lot of us say it too often;) . As for running itself, I started really slowly and now I am completely addicted :).

Anyway I am so glad you're back!

Lollybird 07-26-2005 04:39 AM

Good morning from the grey and dreary UK! Becky, so good to see you again, how are things going? Ali, I hope the ultrasound etc weren't too stressful. Sounds like you are in a good place mentally - are you still running races?

Well, I had a fun time last week boxing up our old flat down in Oxford, and yesterday we drove back up to the NW with a carload of boxes. What should have been a 3.5 hour drive took over 5, because of traffic and stuff, so by the time we got here we were bushed. DH is driving back down as I write this to collect the rest of the stuff, including (most importantly!) our hamster-baby. They will be back tomorrow and then all 3 of us will be in the same place for good. I can't tell you how excited I am :D

Spent the weekend at my parents, which some of you may or may not remember is always a bit traumatic foodwise. But I did (mostly) ok, just couldn't resist the posh choccies that were lying around - they are both schoolteachers and get lots of gifts at the end of term. So ... I was up 2lbs at WI yesterday morning, but it's most likely a direct response to the weekend, so I'm not too worried.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, how's everyone else doing this week? Newbies - Celeste, Chrissy, come and post!

And Kim - long time! Congrats on the baby, and what a *beautiful* picture!

love
Lx

Sweater Girl 07-26-2005 09:45 AM

Anyway, I went to get the tests done yesterday and the mammogram was fine according to Radiologist #1, but the ultrasound radiologist wants my doc to get a sample from the lump (it was kind of funny getting the ultrasound done, the tech wasn't sure what he was seeing and then the radiologist looked puzzled... fun fun fun). Yet the radiologist# 2 is fairly sure it's benign.

Lolly: yah for almost finishing the move. I know they can be very stressful. Enjoy getting your hamster back!

Cheers!

Grace, Grace 07-26-2005 09:51 AM

Godd morning Lolly! Glad you are all living in the same place. It sound like you had a pretty hectic wk with moving and being with the fam. I would guess the 2 lbs will be off quickly.

It is very dreary and grey here today also. So hot and humid and yesterday was a scorcher. The funny thing is that tomorrow it is supposed to be 74. Only in Michigan! I am actually looking forward to the cooling down that is headed our way.

I didn't walk this morning but hope to this evening if I don't step outside and melt :) I did walk yesterday though and did Pilates last night. I love my pilates class. My sis teaches it and she kicks my butt. I love the fact that I leave there SO relaxed. I literally feel like I have just had a massage. MMMM I may ask her for a private home session again this week. She spoils me a bit.

I've missed posting so much. I did read back a bit yesterday and feel as if I am getting my bearings as to how everyone is doing and where there at in their lives presently.

Well I wish you all well today on our weigh loss endeavor. BBL

Ooh question. Those of you who have had a baby or are planning to ever. Did you or will you lose weight before starting to TTC? I just read a book that scared the crap out of me and indicated that if I didn't drop a bit of weight I would be opening myself and my child up to all of these complications. I am just curious about all of your thoughts on this. It depressed me a bit but it was a definite wake up call. DH and I feel that I will lose what I can in the next couple months but that the book may be a bit extreme. Thank for your input ladies!

Grace, Grace 07-26-2005 09:55 AM

Ali~ Glad that all came back well. I am sure they are just taking extra precautions. Thank for the running info too. I guess starting slow might be the ticket.

KO 07-26-2005 10:39 AM

Its been a stressful few days for me. My Gram who is 88 went to the hospital on Sunday with Congestive Heart Failure. We found out Sunday evening and were in PA by 8:30 am Monday Morning. She's doing much better she's off of the Ventilator but still in ICU. I couldn't stay for longer than a day b/c of work We're going back up on Friday. The Only good thing was that I didn't stress eat at all! and I didn't give in to the buckets of temptation at my moms Breads etc.

Welcome Back Becky!
Hi to everyone I'll be back when I'm more awake
Kierie

Lollybird 07-26-2005 02:40 PM

Oh Kier, I'm sorry about your grandma. I hope all is going well. And yay you for not giving into the parental candy store - sounds like you did better than I did!

Hey Ali, that's great news! Fingers crossed it all goes away very soon.

Becky, I have a friend who is the same age as me (30) and weighs around the same as me (tho' she's about 3 or 4 inches shorter). She has been TTC for about 3 years now and had no luck at all, even with a recent go at IVF. The doctors told her it is almost certainly down to her weight. I know you're nowhere near as big as this, but I guess the closer you are to your ideal range, the more straightforward it is likely to be? I'm sure there are people who know more about this than me, but maybe it's worth talking to your doctor to see what their take on it is? After all, if you are healthy in all other ways (BP etc), it probably doesn't make so much difference. Wow, sorry for the essay - this is something I have been thinking about as well, not so much for the immediate future, but hey, it's going to take at least a couple of years for me to get anywhere near a healthy weight, so I figured I might as well be informed...

BTW, do any of you eat Skinny Cow ice creams? They have been over here for about a year now and I got a box of the mint ones, but it tastes like toothpaste! Are any of the other flavours any nicer?

Bye for now,
Lx

KO 07-26-2005 02:42 PM

Lolly I've had the vanilla Flavored Ice cream sandwichy things they're pretty good

Grace, Grace 07-26-2005 03:11 PM

Kieri~ Thanks for the welcom back! I am sorry about you grandmother. I know that can be stressful. Keep us posted.

Lolly~ Thanks for weighing in on the baby thing. I too have a friend whose dr told her to lose weight first but she had more to lose. I guess I was surprised that 30 lbs was cause for concern when it came to pregnancies. I do have a Dr appt on the 2nd of August and plan to talk all about TTC.

I cannot WAIT for work to be OVER.. Only 2 more hours!!!

BTW I have never tried skinny cow sorry! Or maybe I'm not due to the whole toothpaste taste :)

Belle2000 07-27-2005 10:02 AM

Becky, I didn't lose and I got pg the first month we tried, on our honeymoon...nice to see you back!!

Lolly - you too!

Ali - so you're having the lump biopsied? When? I am so impressed by your commitment to running!

Kier - sorry about your Gram honey - hope you're doing OK...

Hey, did anyone read the new Harry Potter? I just finished at like 3am after feeding Evie...I was sad!! I won't give it away in case any of you are reading it.

I lost 1.4 last week, and today is WI again. I feel like I eat a LOT on the nursing program, but it works.

I have to go feed the monster, but I'll BBL tonight when Hubby gets home....

Miss you all!!!

Sweater Girl 07-27-2005 10:46 AM

Hey all,

My doctor has summoned me for an appointment this afternoon... I think she wants to discuss stuff with me. Again as far as I have heard from everyone, my lump isn't cancerous, but they want to verify.

Belle: I think I'll probably get a little needle, that's all... A minute of pain is worth peace of mind. I'll see what my doctor recommends this afternoon. I am going to buy Harry Potter this week, so thanks for no spoilers:) How is the little darling? Well hey, enjoy the nursing program:) You need the calories! I do my WI on Saturdays. Tonight I do hill training... always fun.

Kierie: Sorry about your grandmother. Take care

Becky: Good luck with TTC when you feel ready, hopefully your doc will give you the go-ahead, especially if you're making an effort to get your weight down.

Lolly: Never tried Skinny Cow ice cream bars... tehy have them, but I am scared I will scarf them all down.

Cheers!

Ali