Sunny Saturday Chat (7/23)

• Good morning!

I am in a great mood this morning after myself--- I made my lose-10lbs-by-vacation goal!!

I really was afraid I might have gained back a pound or two, but, to my happy surprise, I actually lost another one.

I'm off and running today-- we leave for vacation tommorow, so I have a lot of packing and errands to do.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • I'm trying NOT to let my very little (if anything at all) weight loss this week discourage me. I know I didn't do that great, I went over on 2 days by ALOT. The first day would have been ok, but Thursday was not. Oh well, I guess I just have to get back to it this week. I know some of it has to do with my not exercising as much, and it being my period week, so hopefully if I stick to exercising every day like I was, and sticking to my points, I'll see a better loss this next week.

Great Job Amy!! For making your goal! http://www.forumeye.it/invision/html...ons/woohoo.gif

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

~Liz
  • Good morning, Ladies!

Amy! How fabulous for you! congratulations!

I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2 pounds this week, so I'm at 5.6 so far. YAY!

To reward myself, I joined Ladies Workout Express and am starting this Monday (I wanted to start today, but they close at noon on Saturdays and I had bills to pay and a son to pick up....)

I'm really looking forward to it! Are any of you members of LWE? If so, tell me about your experiences with it! It is very very similar to Curves, but they have more machines and dual hydraulics, so you get the push-pull resistence thingy.

I'm off to clean my room today!

Have a great day!
  • Hi everyone,

I posted my intro on your thread. Would like to join you all.

I see everyone had a loss, if only a small one. But it's better than a gain. My WI is Wed., I'm hoping for a loss.

WTG Amy on making your goal. Have a good vacation.

Hope to get to know you all. It's kinda like being the new kid at school. MOre about myself = i'm 53 yo, single, live with my grown daughter in her house. I have no grandchildren yet, but have 2 granddogs, a grandcat & my own cat. I'm off work right now for about 6 months due to back problems & waiting to see neurosurgeon.

Glad to be with you all.

Kitty
  • Hi Kitty~ welcome! Our group is only a few weeks old, so really we're all just getting to know each other, too.

Aileen~ Your new gym sounds great. We have Curves around here, but I've never been to one. I have a membership at the YMCA, but all I usually get to do there is swim with my 2yo daughter. Someday I'll make it into the fitness room- lol! WTG on your loss, too!

Liz~ That TOM thing is just messing you up. Bloating, cravings, and cramps--- a dieter's nightmare! I hope you're feeling back to normal this week & I'm sure your loss will continue.

I'm online playing instead of packing and doing laundry.... time to get myself back to work around here.
  • Amy, that is great! Have a wonderful vacation! What great motivation to stay OP throughout!
    Hi, Kitty! Welcome to the club.

I really hoped for a loss this week but got none. I am going to try to drink more water, because I have slowed that down a bit. It is just that bottled water is too much $ and my Brita water filter says it is working, but the water tastes like bad breath. Also, I do not drink water from cups, only bottles, so if I finish one and forget to refill it while drinking another one, then I have to wait until it gets cold et cetera. I am too lazy heh.

I am having so much trouble finding boxes. Had a few offers from freecycle people, but they backed out. The problem is that the stores around me will not give me any, and nice places (like department stores), are a hop, skip, subway ride, and bus ride away. Would not mind going a bit of distance, but there are only so many boxes I can take on the bus/subway. I found a place today that seemed great. It was a .ca site, so I assumed it was Canadian and it said they shipped to Canada. The boxes were $.63 each or such. Perfect, and then I went to see shipping charges. . .$313.96!!! For 20 boxes? No, thanks. Beginning to be a big ordeal when I have so much else to worry about. I just want to pack up so I move out of denial stage.
  • Hooray Amy!! What an exciting accomplishment! I think the best losses are when you fully expect to gain, haha. Congrats on making your goal!
  • Hi, Kitty, welcome! I'm horribly cranky today, so you won't be seeing my best side. But I'm really glad to meet you!

Amy, a big ol' to you. That's awesome, sweetie.

Like I posted on the weigh-in thread, you guys really are the reason I went to my meeting today. I was sooooo close to not going. But I didn't want to disappoint my sistas, and I didn't want to lose my cred when I get up on my to tell everyone to GO TO THE MEETING, no matter what!
  • From Diva:

i've decided i need to make an appointment for a complete physical, and a date with my ob/gyn. i'm not sure if i'm perimenopausal or what, but my TOM is haywire and has been for months. this coming tuesday i will officially be dealing with my period for 3 weeks. i had one last year that lasted 3 1/2 months and my doc did an internal ultrasound and couldn't find anything wrong. it's just crazy. if i'm getting ready for menopause then fine, but sheesh, this is nuts. anyone else ever go through this?????

Diva... best of luck with this. I think we're around the same age; I'm 43, and I know how you're feeling. Just be careful if anyone recommends putting you on HRT. Nasty stuff. There's an article in Alternative Medicine about perimenopause and menopause and natural ways to deal with them. If you'd like for me to send or even fax it to you, just let me know how and I will.

One thing that really made a difference in the way I feel is the new vitamins that my chiropractor gave me. They include omega-3s, which apparently are some miracle supplement. You might want to ask someone about them.
  • HH, is there a U-Haul near you? They sell good, sturdy boxes fairly cheap, I think. Might be worth looking into, just to save yourself some aggravation.
  • Hey ladies!
    Sorry I've been MIA lately. Gosh, I just don't know where the time goes! DH and i went to a wedding today, and it was outdoors. It was soooo hot!! No one fainted--I thought for sure someone would considering it was so hot. Luckily, there were no incidents!

I didn't count points today, but I think I did okay. I did have a slice of wedding cake, and it was awesome!! Yummy--if I wasn't doing WW I would have had like 3 more pieces! Thankfully I have my sistas to keep me in check. I couldn't come home and type that I ate the whole thing! Like someone else mentioned, I love having this group. It really all of you that I thank for losing any weight that I do lose! You're all great!

My WI is on Monday. I'm stressing already!!

Time for sleepy! Good night!