Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #16  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

I have some GREAT news to share..... We received a phone call from the Princess yesterday and she was just yelling and laughing into the phone, could hardly speak but managed to let us know that they were
NUMBER ONE in the Jr Jazz competion and are bringing home gold medals for Canada.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #17  

Thats wonderful I will celebrate too
Old 07-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #18  
Web Nana

We will even celebrate here in MA They must be happy today!!!!
Gloria
Old 07-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #19  

Slavika all your news is good.

Tell the Princess and your dil congrats from me. Wish I could have seen her dance. Great news about the stem cell being moved up. That means Maui is closer.

Maria what a great opportunity. Hope it all works out. We all know you would do a great job. Grandson is getting rounder and rounder and a double chin or two. He is at the cute stage of giggling and cooing.

Karen I have to laugh at your carrying Sprout home halfway through your walk. You need one of those pouch things that they put babies in.

We have ds's 2 dogs here while they are at a wedding in Michigan. They have calmed down after the first night. They go home tomorrow. Took them to the park the other day and some lady fell in love with the big one. We were walking and she kept driving along side of us talking. Now we are looking after the neighbors dog in her house. She had something happen to her and she is spending a few days in the hospital. She just got this dog at the beginning of the week from a rescue place. I went to let her out this morning and she almost bit my finger off. She kept growling and snapping. She likes my dh better than me so that is his job. Feel sorry for the dog cause you don't know her story. She is about 7 or so. I am about up to here in dogs and dog hair. lol

Gloria I am picturing Massachusetts as very cool. Wish I could go to the Vineyard.

Have a nice weekend.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 PM   #20  

What great news Slavika, I bet this news will brighten your days for weeks to come.
Congratulations to the girls and of course your d-i-l.

Life is looking good! Maui here we come

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #21  
Member Florida Chick

Slavika: Let me add my congratulations to the list. to the girls and teacher.

Just where did they dance? was it at Magic Kingdom at Disney World? You may have told us, but I sometimes suffer from 'sieve brain'. Everything goes in and right out again. :

We have probably lost our minds, but we have adopted a cat. Someone dropped off this lovely gray cat, and she has been hanging around a house a couple of streets over. I would see her every morning when I walk, and she would come right out and flop down in front of me for some pats. I kept thinking she needed a home, but we had said we weren't going to do this anymore. So, we weakened, and brought her home yesterday. She has settled in nicely, and tomorrow we take her to the Vet, to get checked over for any problems, and to get de-fleaed, etc. We think she is probably about 2 -3 years old, and she has fur like velvet. I think she has some Siamese blood in her, since she is a talker like they are. And the amazing thing is that she has been spayed. Why anyone would go to that expense and then drop her off, I can't imagine. She is very affectionate, so I think we will have a nice pet. Cat's are quite self sufficient if you want to go away for a day or two. Ane we do have some neighbors and friends, who would probably come in and feed her and take care of her if we were to go away for more than a couple of days.

That is our big news of the week. Hope everyone is haveing a good weekend. 'See' you later. Ann
Old 07-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #22  

Well Ann now you are 3 again. What have named the new cat?
Karen
Old 07-24-2005, 05:38 PM   #23  

Ann the cat sounds pretty.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 PM   #24  

G'day all,

Ann a cat is not as much of a tie as dogs, sounds like a lovely cat.
Our dd is always trying to talk us into having another dog but we will NOT give in I wouldn't mind having another little dog but I am so pathetic that I would not put it in a kennel when we go away. Can you imagine little Sprout in a kennel Karen

Just dropped dh at the airport and another weekend has flown by

Since we have our PLAN, I feel very contented with life, it is a good feeling.

Hope you all had/having a great weekend.

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-24-2005, 06:38 PM   #25  
Web Nana

Good Sunday evening gals.

We are back from our cruise of Buzzard's Bay. What a wonderful day!
Originally scheduled for Saturday but today was the perfect day for this.

Their boat is a 33 footer and we headed out of Fairhaven Harbor about 11:30AM and motored out onto the Bay with sailboats, motorboats abounding on the sea. An hour and a half later we made Naushan Island which is in the Elizabeth Island chain. Actually we were at Hadley Harbor on Naushan Island. This island is privately owned by the Forbes family, John Forbes Kerry, Senator from MA. Not directly owned by him but by a Naushan Trust. We were able to anchor in the harbor along side some of the most beautiful boats I've ever seen. Had lunch while anchored....Lobster rolls, wine, pasta salad and a lovely piece of peach pie. MMMgood!!!!!!!

No cars are allowed on the island but we did see a large group of horses that have been imported to provide transportation via, buggy and carriages.

After lunch we meandered back to Fairhaven and then to Mattapoiset. Had a wonderful chat with our friends and I think we will sleep tonight after all that sun, sea and air.

Oh, yes, they gave us a large chunk of freshly caught, yesterday, shark. I have sliced it into steaks and we will have it tomorrow and freeze the rest. I' ll let you know how it comes out.

Too tired to even read posts but I will tomorrow....also see the Retina Dr. for a check up on the Lazer work he did earlier.

Gloria
Old 07-24-2005, 07:22 PM   #26  

Sounds devine
Now that is what I call a 'nice' Sunday

You certainly will sleep well tonight Gloria, good for you!

Maria
Old 07-24-2005, 08:52 PM   #27  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Karen when we had our little Bichon, I had told one of my friends that when she didn't want to walk anymore, she simply sat down and refused to move.......so I would have to carry her home. One day that friend came with me on the walk and sure enough when Kita had enough she just sat down and wouldn't go another step.
Gloria it sounds like you just had a super time. The lunch you guys had sounds just wonderful.
Ann so you have kitty cat now......what will you name her. You are right, cats can be left at home alone if somebody can just pop in to feed them and make sure they have fresh water. I sure miss having a little fur faced critter in house. I think that kitty adopted you not the other way around. hee hee
Peggy goodness you sure are getting your share of dogs visiting you. Have you seen that commercial where the young man is to give a dog a bath, and the lady says to him make sure you wash the dog's ears....and the dog is showing all his TEETH and growling. hee hee.
Lily how are you enjoying your laptop? That's on my wish list for Christmas this year so that I can take it with me when we go away. Actually it was DH idea so I guess he would like to have one when we are gone too.
Maria I read a couple of days ago about you maybe going into "business" with someone else. Did I get that right, and is that something you would like to do. I can't see that post now so I am not sure what it said exactly.
Glenda hi there, what are you up to these days? Are you having nice weather. We sure are having our share of hot sunny days now.
DH and I bought a sweet stuffed little bear for the Princess and we will pick up one of those filled balloons that says "Congratulations" and meet her and her Mother at the
airport on Tuesday night if DH is up to it. Our son and grandson arrive on a later flight.
Ann I'm not sure where the dance competion was held in Orlando. I guess we will get all the details when they get home.
Trudy hi, I feel like I haven't seen you for such a long time. I am hoping that if I have a free day this week and you do too, we could get together. I'll be talking to you.
See you all soon. Bye now.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:44 PM   #28  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Cat sounds so pretty

Gloria: Sounds wonderful! Very relaxing! What a great weekend!

Slavika: Such good news! Would of loved to see her dance! She will love the ballon. Sounds so Princess

Love Laptop. Its great. Dont like doing my graphics on it tho. they come out ugly. Colors are so different on a Laptop. Its weird
Old 07-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #29  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: Now our kitty is officially Smokey, since that is how she is registered at the Vets. She was quite healthy, considering, but he said she had a convention of ear mites in each ear, so he treated them. In three weeks we will take her back for the 2nd stage shot for feline leukemia, get the ears cleaned out, and have her de-clawed. The Vet said that now they do it with the laser and that there is much less trauma and pain, and that when they get home, they don't even realize they don't have the claws anymore. She has started to scratch on the furniture, and curtains, so since she will be our house kitty, we decided that would be best.

The Vet says he thinks she is around 2 years old. and in good condition, since she has been a stray for at least 6 to 8 months. I think that she is in such good shape because the fellow a couple of blocks over had been feeding her. She didn't even test positive for worms, and that was a nice surprise.

As soon as we got her home she headed right under the bed, and has finally come out. I expect since she had some shots and bloodwork done, that she doesn't feel 100%. But she is quickly becoming our 'baby'. And I know my DH is happy to have her too, even tho' he swore that he wouldn't ever have another pet, and that I have to clean the litter box. We'll see.:

No other great news from this part of the world. It continues to be hot, and we do go to the pool every afternoon.

Lily: Have you established a new email address as yet?

My weigh-in wasn't a good one. up 1.6 so I paid for my fun with my gals, but I don't care that much, I just have to keep at it and if it came off once it will do so again. I am not going to obsess about losing.

Gloria: Your week-end sounds lovely. We are hoping to get up to Hyannis for DH class reunion and homecoming. He is a grad of Mass Maritime School. And this will be 55 years for him.

Slavika: Are you planning to take us all with you on that luxury liner. Wow! What a BOAT! A trip like that would certainly make up for the missing Christmas Tree under covers. :

Hope to 'see' you all tomorrow. Hi to everyone. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 07-25-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:30 PM   #30  
Fun Blonde

Gloria, I am so envious of your beautiful Sunday. It is so blamed hot here that it is a struggle to do anything at all. I hate it when it is this oppressive.

I visited my girlfriends on Friday night. We went to the other one's house, the one who had brain surgery back in March. She did not come to my house when the others did because her husband (get this) would not "let" her. What nonsense! Anyway, it is certainly different with her in the group. With the others we can say anything, but with this lady in the group, we are sort of walking on eggshells. She is so submissive to her husband and can't say anything in the least derogatory about him. We have all decided we have wonderful husbands who for the most part just don't have a clue, but Nellie thinks hers is so beautiful (not!), smart (definitely not!) and great that we should all be drooling (ain't happening!). Anyway, had a nice visit, but nothing earth-shattering.

Slavika, I am so happy for the princess and her mom! I bet there was a lot of pretty girls phoning grandmas doing the Happy Dance. I am so glad that your DH is scheduled for the stemcell transplant August 15th. The sooner it is, the less you have to dread it. I enjoyed your email with the details.

Maria, with the plan I think you have relaxed somewhat. It is so great to have a target date. And does your little Matty have big feet? I bet she really knows her grandma. You seem to spend a lot of time with her.

Everyone, stay cool. Ann, I am glad you have a fur-faced critter in your life again. Pets are wonderful. They give us so much pleasure and it is a fact that people with pets have lower blood pressures. Something about the petting, I think.

Glenda
Closed Thread