Wendie Plan

• I keep meaning to try it out, and I want to do it this week. But it just seems like a whole lot of points. I'm supposed to get to 45 points on the SHD, and that just seems like a lot! And then on the other days, you go up to 35, and that seems like a lot too. I added it up, and it works out to be around the same for the whole week... but it just seems like a lot!

If you do a little less than the target each day, does it still work?

~Liz
  • I asked tahe same question recently and didn't get any response at all. Maybe it is an urban myth...
  • Hey guys! I am doing the wendie plan right now, and it is working great for me. I do have a bit of a tough time sometimes on my superhigh day( you wouldn't think that it would be hard). I'm on week 6 as of yesterday and I have lost 25 pounds! I do drink alot of water and I walk everyday. I eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks. I cut out reg. pop almost all together. I used to drink 5-6 cans a day.
    I don't think I'll lose this fast the whole time, I think it is becasue I was so heavy to begin with.
    I have my superhigh day on Saturdays, after I weigh.
    Let me know if I can help more!

Izzy(Lisa )
  • Hi girls- sorry I didn't respond sooner on this- I've been gone.

I don't know how the Wendie plan would work if you altered the points. The goal is to keep your metabolism burning higher, not allowing it to settle at the amount of food you're eating everyday like it would if you just ate your minimum everyday without using flex points. I totalled up the points using the WP and at the end of the week, even after the super high day, I still have, I think, 7 extra flex points. So I'm not going over points at all and I don't see any reason to cut points. In fact, you could add points (up to those 7 extra flex) if you wanted to and still be OP with flex.

I can't say how well it works or how it might work if you alter. I know I'm losing at a good rate (around 2.5 a wekk once I divided my total loss by weeks on program). It makes sense to me, and it is easier for me since the flex points are worked in to the week already- it's easier for me to follow a strict plan than regulate my use of the flex points.

And besides, the super high day is fantastic!! Although Lisa is right, sometimes it is really hard to get in all the points on that day!! (Just think, before I started WW, everyday was a super high day, and now I can't fathom eating that much!! )

Hope this helps. I'm no expert on the wendie plan, but if you have more Qs, feel free to ask!

Lori