Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #1  

Default Help please-discount hotels in va beach area

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with a cheap hotel sight? Here is the problem, Virginia Beach, 2nd week of 'July, I guess I forgot it was a tourist place, just want to see my grandson and daughter, my grandson is now 2.5 years old, I only saw him once when he came up for 1 week at christmas and he was 3 months old. I finally decided i am going to make the long drive only to find out hotels are about 200.00 a night that time of year. Oh my gosh, I soooo can't afford that, where can I get discount prices? I would actually like to be closer to Williamsburg, figure I will kidnap my daughter and grandson and bring my 2 girls and atleast go to Busch Gardens for a day. Anyway, I came here for help as usual, where are the discount sights?

Thanks a bunch
Brenda
Punky
Old 02-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #2  

Hi Punky:

If you promise to keep your eyes closed when you enter my house until you get upstairs to your bedroom, the charge will be $0. My home is full of clutter!!!!!! You probably will have to rent a car to drive to Virginina Beach and Williamsburg. I live 33 miles from Williamsburg and even less to Busch Gardens and about 40 miles from Virginia Beach. My son is coming in from California in March so his coming to visit me shouldn't be a problem, although he said something again about coming when the kids were out of school so he could bring them with him- that would be another trip for him. I just won't worry about that; if he is here when you are, somebody will have to sleep on the couch downstairs (eyes closed).

Love,
Freddie (who knows about the high rate of hotels around here; they are probably more in Williamsburg than in Virginia Beach)
Old 02-21-2005, 09:51 AM   #3  

Hi Freddie,

Oh you are so sweet, but I don't think you really want 5 extra people in your house. Actually the girls are really looking forward to a hotel because I promised them. Suzanne and Jennifer and some of the mods have helped me find some discount hotel websites so I am going to check them out. I would definitely like to meet you though when I am down there, I would love to take you out to lunch or something. It would be so neat to meet one of my fellow owls. Also we will be driving to Virginia so a rental car won't be necessary, that will save me some bucks.

You are sweet and I want to thank you for your generosity.

Brenda
Old 02-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #4  

Five people driving down from Massachussetts in one car!!!???? I hope you have a big trunk for the luggage!!

I understand the girls wanting to be in a hotel. I thought maybe it was just you and your companion (?). I do have one bedroom with just a standard double bed and another bedroom with a hospital type bed in it (single). Downstairs is a pull-out bed from a couch (seldom used and looks very uncomfortable). Discussion about beds is just in case you cannot get a hotel room. Around July 4th, Virginia Beach could all be booked up.

It certainly would be nice to meet the NIghhtOwl Punky. I try not to drive at night so meeting for lunch would suit me fine. No matter, let me know what hotel you decided upon so I can phone there.

Love,
Freddie
Old 02-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #5  

Would someone tell me why my number of posts keep decreasing? It jumped the wrong way from 257 to 211 on my last post.

Freddie
Old 02-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #6  

Just testing to see what post number comes up now.

Freddie
Old 02-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #7  

Hi Freddie,

You are so sweet and I will remember the offer if the hotels are full. Yes, there will be quite a few people. Driving down it will be me, my mother and my 2 daughters and then I will be kidnapping my daughter and grandson, so actually it will be a total 6 in the hotel, yikes!! I have a mini-van so we should be okay, will have to pack light though.

Work has been tough as usual, we have had auditors there all month, they are gone as of today but will be back in 2 weeks, lots of extra work when they are around.

How is everyone, or better question, where is everyone, lol???

See Ya
Bren
Old 03-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #8  

I hope all the auditors have come and GONE! Maybe you will get a chance to come back to the 3FC site. Only about 100 more days before you come to Virginia Beach. My phone number is in the Hampton Peninsula Phone Book under Freddie Bloch.

Freddie
Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #9  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hi There Nightowls!

Brenda this thread caught my eye as you might remember or maybe not I am in VA....less than an hour from Williamsburg. I am sure that there are some hotels there that won't cost an arm and a leg. Especially if you go out of the "tourist" area a bit. There may be some with good discounts out near the "Pottery" since that and the outlests is where a lot of the people on bus trips go. I will ask around.

I have not lost any weight to speak of but I haven't gained either. I just stay within the same 10 pounds or so....If I could only lose I have maintenance down!!

I have not been spending as much time here at 3FC although I love this place and always will...it was my first website ...well after the WW one. I have been "bit" by the knitting bug and I spend most of my online time reading about yarn and patterns and good stuff like that. It is a great hobby...you can't eat and knit!!

I will try to catch up and stop by here more regularly! It is good to see so many "old owls" in and out and to see that there are some new ones!!

HOOT HOOT to all of you!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

OMG!!!!! You're all still here!!!!! aggggh!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo happy! I'm in the process of moving into yet another place but hopefully...this one wont get blown away by Frances or Jeanne. Anyway, my computer will be up and running by Friday when I move in...in the meantime...I'm using the one at the library. HI EVERYONE....Holy sh**!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is soooooooo cool..........I can't believe we survived! lol...by the way, if you'd all like to see what's been going on in my life and new pics of the kids and I...just go to picturetrail.com/resler41 cya all later...oh yeah, if you have IM...I'm resler41
Old 05-23-2005, 05:07 PM   #11  

PJ PJ PJ:

So good to see those initials. Waiting for Friday when you get your computer.

The Night Owls post far between each post. Haven't heard from Brenda since February

Freddie
Old 05-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #12  
stbakd

try going to www.choicehotels.com or www.motel6.com glen
Old 07-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #13  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Helloooooo out thereeeeeeeeee............

Hi Freddie and Brenda and Hefty and Emmy!

Wow....so nice to be back....sure feels like home. Brenda, YOU were the one who GOT me here back 1998.

Things are getting better....kinda notta....lol. It's just tough starting over, as I'm sure you well know. I remember when you spoke of your divorce. Well, after almost 17 years of marriage I certainly know from where you speak now!!!!!

I've gained quite alot of weight back as I am horseless. Looking for a DESK job. I've gotten some very nice offers but they're all in West Palm Beach and that's a GOOD half an hour away....without traffic....during rush hour? FORGET ABOUT IT!!!! So, I'm surviving on my alimony for now until I get something that I'd like to stay with until I rot! Not involved with horses much...just can't afford it now..my place blew away in the 2 hurricanes. Don't even ask right now....I cry every time I think about how I was only 2 months away from the grant for the place.

Sooooo, WHERE IS EVERYBODY?????? I shouldn't talk, I know...since I'm one of the "abandoners". lol.....geeeez, I totally forgot how to put in pics and do all the "fun" stuff on here...going to have to practice a bit. hehehe. Brenda? Is there a 3fc get together coming up? If so, I'd love to come. I've got a new email address. So...just message me on here and it's all yours. <grin> I MISS TALKING ON HERE........I HOPE YOU GUYS POST SOME TIME SOON......

P.s. - OMG!!!!! The dating scene is NOT FOR ME! I've gone on a few dates and I just want to get back home every time. ~whimper, whimper~
Cya later.
Throwing lots of xoxoxoxo to all my OWLS,

Last edited by PJ; 07-07-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:23 PM   #14  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default By the way.....

Here's a pic of the kids and I....Brenda....remember when I first moved here to Fla.? Billy was only 3 WEEKS old....he's now 10! and Jackie will be 17 July 26th! AAAAGGGHHH!!!!!! And I'LL BE 47 Sept. 18th OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL376...4/70885101.jpg

Last edited by PJ; 07-07-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:37 AM   #15  

Hi PJ:

I am not well (healthwise). Good to hear from you. Do you know my email address? The first part is still the same and the last part is now @cox.net.

Freddie
Closed Thread