Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #31  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Makenzie sounds so cute!

Slavika: The waiting would be hard, I can image. Glad the the grandkids can go visit him to. That should make him happy. on the girls at the lake! How cute. They are getting tierd of them Yeah thats good News! How is he doing?

Gloria: Haviland China, lucky you!

Maria: The picture is very nice! Glad you now have a Plan! Thats great!

Peggy: sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Trudy: Weather is awful here to. Its been so hot. 105 to 106. Hate it! Happy Anniversary!

Karen Glad you escaped Emily! So glad you are fine after the accident.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:45 PM   #32  
Member Florida Chick

Boy Oh Boy!!! I'm away for a few days from the thread and I miss a whole lot.
Trudy - Belated Happy Anniversary. I'm sure you had a lovely and quiet time. Those are the best.

Slavika: I am so elated for you that the stem cell collection is all behind you and that now you will be ready for the next step. God is Good!

Gloria: I checked out your web pages, and the Mass. coast is very nice. I have never spent any time there. Since DH has family in Maine and he always went there with his parents every summer, that is where we go, when we go north. He has his class reunion at Mass. Maritime in Sept. and we are hoping to go up for that.

Lily: Nice to be hearing from you again. It seems there is a lot of hot weather all over this summer. Our weather man keeps telling us that is why the tropical storms/hurricanes keep forming because of the warm Atlantic. So far we have escaped and we surely pray that will continue.

Glenda: Hope you had a restful weekend. I know having Mackenzie with you was probably enjoyable, but also tiring, and then you have to go back to work. The lovely thing about Grandkids is that they visit, but then can go back home to Mom and Dad. The good Lord knew what he was doing when he gave children to the young.

Peggy: Hope you are now feeling better. There seems to be some of that 'blahs' stuff going around here. Are you getting the hot weather too? It is miserable to not feel well, and also be suffering with excessive heat.

Karen: Hope you are mending nicely now. Bruised ribs are the pits. Are you enjoying your new van? What happened to the kid that caused all this, running a stop sign. I hope they 'threw the book' at him. There is so much of that here in FL. too. Running the red lights. I find it hard to understand the great hurry people seem to be in, and so willing to take the chance on their life and the lives of others at the same time. Is it the 'me, me' generation who only thinks of themselves?

Maria: Your photos are awesome. How are you doing with your new photo program? Or have you been too busy with Matilda to really get into it? Your family is very photogenic. No wonder Matilda is such a pretty baby, getting a look at her Mom and Dad. And of course Grandma and Grandpa are pretty good in the 'looks' department too. Your Prime Minister is having conferences with our Pres. A good alliance, I think.

Now to my week. DD and DGD arrived a week ago this past Sunday - the 10th. We managed to do a lot of shopping of all kinds. The girls have started a new business making all sorts of bead jewelry. So we found many bead shops, as well as clothing. Lots of fun and also tiring for us all.

We also spent a very full day at Sea World. There are some great shows. We love Shamu, and on these hot days everyone who sits in the front rows don't mind getting wet. But they are always warned about getting wet. Those seats are known as the Splash Zone. We did avoid sitting there, since we didn't want to get a salt water bath. But it was hot, and they have misters located in strategic places which help a lot. Also sold these little battery powered fans and they would also mist with ice water. A big hit! They now have a new show entitled "Pets Ahoy" and it is delightful. There are many dogs and cats, some birds, a pig, a skunk and a rat- all rescued animals and all trained to do the show. It was a lot of fun. We couldn't go to the Dolphin nursery that day, as a Dolphin was giving birth, so it was closed to the public.
Yesterday we went to one of our gigantic Flea Markets. Karen - have you been to Webster? It is only open on Mondays. It was very warm, but the girls found some great bargains, and had a great time. I found a bargain or two also. Got a little one burner gas stove, and I call that our insurance policy, so we won't have to use it for any hurricane caused power outages.

The girls are making lovely ear rings for both pierced ears and clip-ons. Also necklaces, and bracelets. Half of every sale goes to the American Cancer Relay for Life. They have made some lovely bracelets with different color stones, each representing the many different kinds of cancer. They enclose a card with each one. I know colon & prostate is royal blue, Lung is white, brain- grey, of course breast - pink, ovarian - light blue, orange - leukemia, Lavender- general cancer, light green - lymphoma, kelly green - kidney, Purple - pancreatic , yellow - childhood cancers . It is really a nice reminder to pray and also a nice reminder for us survivors.

She made me some lovely ear rings, and also a necklace, bracelet, ear ring set. She is very clever.

I'll miss them, but is is also nice to have our house back again. I am afraid the WW program sort of fell by the wayside on several occaisions. I'll know for sure on Saturday. I got back to the bike riding tonight, and will get back to Curves. We did go together, as Holly is a member too.

Guess I've rambled on long enough. 'See' you soon. Ann
Old 07-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #33  

Better start another thread......

See you there.

Maria
Closed Thread