Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #16  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Karen I am so happy that you DH and young Sprout are fine after that car accident. Gosh that is scarey thing. I know insurance costs a lot but boy it sure is nice to have it when we NEED it. I hope you have all recovered now and that you get a lot of pleasure from your new Dodge Caravan.
Maria the picture is lovely it makes me wish I was there. The colours are so nice.
Peggy I used to go to lots of garage sales when the grandkids were small and pick up tons of books and toys for them. I would come home with a bag of "plastic cups/saucers/toy men/cars etc and stick them in a msh bag and put them in the dishwasher......Good as new!!
DH and I went out this morning and bought the new Harry Potter book for our grandson...he will be thrilled. He can read it on the plane when he goes with his Dad to see the Princess and team perform in Florida. DH, is feeling not too bad and now it looks like he may get the stem cell collection done this coming Monday. We are hoping! We have spent every day this past week at the hospital. DH had to have a blood transfusion..that took 5 hours, another day he had a platelet transfusion, that took a couple of days. Yesterday he had more blood work the numbers are now looking good, but he has a rash on his chest......EEK!!! We hope that is cleared up by Monday. He had to have a transfusion of magnesium yesterday too, and that took 4 hours. Today, they gave us a break but tomorrow we have to go in for another blood test even if it is Sunday. It was nice today not to go to the hospital. Yesterday when we went DH forgot to put his Handicap Parking pass out and when got out we had a ticket on our windshield for $150.00. I will phone and see if they will allow us not to pay it as we do have a parking pass.
Talk to you all soon. Bye now.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:40 PM   #17  

Slavika sounds as though You and Dh have had a very busy week. Boy Cancer treatments aren't for wimps are they. Both of you must be strong people. And it has to take a lot of energy just to get up and get going knowing what you have to look forward to. But glad things are moving along and hope Monday brings the stem cell collection as planned. Fingers are crossed and prayer's are being said for that to happened.

Maria I resent you a copy of the Email about the accident did you get it?

Karen
Old 07-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #18  

G'day all,

Karen you would have received my email re the accident. It must be nice to be home again and to reflect how fortunate you all were to have not been injured seriously in the accident.

Slavika it is already Monday here...hope all will go well for you and your dh today.

Yes I also love those sales but I simply MUST stop collecting more 'stuff'!!!!

We had a great weekend.

We have a PLAN
We saw our finance bloke on Saturday morning and we went through all our finances and we WILL retire October 2006 .
It will take 12 months to put everything in the right 'spot' to optimise our investments etc.
DH has about 3 months holidays owing to him so we have decided to go to the Outback next winter in our camper trailer which we are buying in the next few months.
We are both feeling very relieved and happy that we now have a workable plan rather than all these 'airy fairy' ideas.
A holiday to the US and Canada is still in the plan.

To end our weekend we had our son, his wife and little Matilda round for dinner as well as the other set of grandparents. It was all very enjoyable but a bit too much red wine

Hope you all had a good weekend as well,

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #19  

Maria, so happy about the PLAN. And you will be able to retire and enjoy life after all your hard work. The picture of Mattie is adorable. Here parents are cute too.

Slavika good luck to DH and you tomorrow.

We had a quiet weekend. And now I'm tired and will go to bed. Tomorrow we will be making appointments with our doctors to make sure we are altogether ok after the acciident. I already know There is something not right in my in my rib cage and breast bone area. Still having lots of pain when I breath. Have to take pain medication in order to sleep.

See you guys later.

Karen
Old 07-17-2005, 11:55 PM   #20  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi everyone

Today we celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary. My DD wanted to make a big thing out of it, but we preferred to go out for dinner with them and then have my brother and family over in the evening. It was a lovely day for us.
Maria the picture of your Son's family is so nice. Mattie is such a cute baby. I guess you will be happy to get back to normal now that they are home again. It is always good to have a PLAN. I have no doubt that you will be making the big trip to North America some day.
Karen I hope your doctor is able to find out why you are still having pain from the accident. Maybe a bruise?
Slavika I am going to say a prayer that they can start the Stem Cell tomorrow.
Glenda Did you have the quiet weekend? I know what you mean, sometimes you don't want to do anything but relax.
Peggy I am not a Garage Sale person. I did have one once, but find it easier to let the Salvation Army pick up the stuff. They came on Friday and took away boxes of things.

I have to tell you what I did.. YIKES. I bought new everyday dinner ware a few months ago. I unpacked the dishes and have been using them. My DH didn't discard the boxes as I was getting rid of so many kitchen things I never used or had any intention of using. He thought I would pack stuff in the boxes the dishes came in. As it turned out I didn't use them. So, on Thursday, he was out in the garage cutting up the boxes for the re-cycle bin. I went out to help and lo and behold found a saucer still in the box. I would have been short a saucer... can't believe I left it in there. I am getting old.

It is getting late and I am tired. Hope you all had a great weekend...bye bye.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #21  
Web Nana

First I want To wish SLAVIKA & DH the best of everything today at the hospital. If my and I'm sure everyone elses wishes come true you will fly through today with the best of results.

TRUDY: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I agree sometimes the best of times is the quietest of times.

MARIA: That photo of the sail boats was beautiful and your little granddaughter and family are lovely. A PLAN sounds like a keeper. October will come around much sooner than you realize. Camping in the Outback is what movies are made of....you should have a great time.

GLENDA: Yes, a quiet weekend is just great after caring for McKenzie. GK's are wonderful but we know why God made most mothers young.

PEGGY: I usually don't go to garage sales either...DH says just look in the garage if you need junk. However, my friend at the Cape loves them and it was great to see her get out of the house for a change.

KAREN: That accident was terrible and I am glad you and DH weren't hurt any more that you were. Bruises around the ribs and chest are long lasting. A few years ago I fell flat on my face and bruised my ribs and it was about a month befoe I was breathing easy. Hope it isn't that long for you.

We have been invited to visit a couple that live in Mattapoisett near the Cape. They have a boat, motor I hope, and have invited us out for a day of sailing on the bay. He has a business where he an appraiser of boats around the world for possible sale. They, as a couple, hired out to captain and cook for people with large yachts and sailed throughout the Carribean. They are somewhat younger than us and are delightful people. Should be a fun day. Bringing warm clothes as it does get cool out on the water and lots of sun screen. This is next Saturday....I'll let you know how it was when we return.
If you want to see Mattapoisette try this site www.mattapoisett.net Enter, then go to Town Tour...the Easterly view along Water St. is a great depiction of the town.

Gloria
Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #22  
Fun Blonde

Slavika, today is the day! I so hope this is not a painful test, but it is a test that will just take time. Are you getting to know the medical staff everywhere? Praying for you all right now.

Gloria, what friends you know! Wow! All sounds so great.

Karen, I hope you find out how to get yourself back together. Funny how a wreck might not bother you at first but after a week you find out how much you are hurting. Glad you are home and the vehicle sounds wonderful. Get our scruffy dog all beautiful again.

We did have that quiet weekend. I slept 13 hours Friday night and took a nap the Saturday and Sunday. Just feel like a different person today.
Glenda
Old 07-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #23  

G'day all,

Slavika I do hope today went how you and your dh had hoped it would. Thought about the two of you a lot yesterday.

Wow Trudy 40 years . I hope you had a great day. I am a bit like you, we have never had a real huge celebration, just dinner with the kids or just with the two of us.
If it makes you feel any better, re the dinner plate left in the box, there are a couple of things we cannot find and wonder if they have been tossed out in our haste to get the house back in order

Gloria I had a look at the site of Mattapoisett, what a gorgeous place. That is the sort of America that I want to visit!
How far away from this place do you live? It sounds like you will have a lovely time next Saturday.

Glenda I can relate to the long sleep , but as you no doubt have found, how nice to feel so good after the catch-up sleep.

Karen hope you saw a doctor about your aches and pains, hopefully it is just bruising that just needs time for you to feel your old self again.

Son and wife are playing golf today so I am looking after Matilda.
It is a beautiful, sunny winter's day here.

Hope the day is bright and sunny for you all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #24  

Trudy, Tonight as I was looking for an pillow case to match the other one that I keep on our bed. I thought of you and after searching through both linen closets I have come to the conclusion that it went out with the trash. The last time I saw it was just before we left for Minnesota. I was cleaning up and changing sheets so we would have clean when we got home. The last thing we did was take out the trash . So ya! I can relate to your saucer story. I'm sure there are lots of things that we are missing that have gone the way of the garbage. So you see we are ,all a like.

Went to the doctor today and was told that it would take a few more weeks before the bruising goes away. But if it has not gone in that time to come back. The accident did let me know I have arthritis in my neck and shoulders. The jaring of the crash has aggravated it so am on medication for that. Also a muscle relaxer . I've had a migraine every day since the crash and all that imitrex is not a good thing, So hopfully this will help. Dh has to begin Physcial therapy this week.. We spent all afternoon doing doctors and drug stores. Am looking forward to staying home tomorrow. Besides I always feel guily about leaving Sprout two days in a row.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Karen
Old 07-18-2005, 10:59 PM   #25  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

I am so tired and so relieved and happy and just wanted to quickly let you all know that DH blood test this morning at 8:00 proved to be perfect for the stem cell collection......so it was DONE!!!!
Thank you gals for all your good wishes. I'll post more tomorrow. It's time for bed.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:46 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Hi All: Good news Slavika.

I have been busy with my daughter and Granddaughter this past week. They are leaving tomorrow, so then I will come back and fill you in on all the excitement:

Karen: Hope the bruising goes away faster than the Dr. says.

See you all tomorrow. Ann
Old 07-19-2005, 12:34 AM   #27  

Great news Slavika

Look forward to 'seeing' you tomorrow Ann and get an update on all your excitement!

Maria
Old 07-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #28  

Slavika, Just a little parrty to celebrate. Your .Wonderful news!
Karen
Old 07-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #29  
Web Nana

Such wonderful news, Slavika. Things are definitly looking up. Gloria
Old 07-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #30  
Web Nana

Another hot, humid one today....#2 in a series that may make it an actual heat wave. Between the AC and fans we are staying cool.

Marie: Mattapoiset is about 1hr & 15 min. from here. Do have to watch the traffic especially on weekends. Another site is http://www.town.falmouth.ma.us/ That is the town my friend lives in and where we have spent a lot of time...day trips when the kids were small. When you go into the site click on photos and then go to the Beaches & the Coast and enlarge the photo and you will get a series of photos. #2, 7, 9 & 10 are where we have been. The one showing a hill along the coast is the road to my friends house. It is just on the other side of the hill. All the pictures are great. Thought you would enjoy them.

We were given a gift card to a local movie theatre and I am going to look up what is playing....if it is anything good we may take advantage of a cool theatre this afternoon.

Gloria
Closed Thread