3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   New NightOwls WW group? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/61028-new-nightowls-ww-group.html)

AmyMCGS 07-08-2005 08:52 AM

New NightOwls WW group?

Anyone want to join me?

I haven't seen much activity in this forum since I joined the site, but, I know that this is where I belong. I've been a nightowl for most of my life. In my ideal world I'd stay up until 2am and not get up again until about 9am. :D

Night is also when I'm alone (no kids or DH around then) and I can eat whatever I want... so late at night is definitely a hard time for me diet-wise.

If anyone else is wants to chat about late-night habits and struggles, I'd love to get a new group going here.

PJ 07-08-2005 01:21 PM

Hi Amy

I don't think there's any need to start a new group.... because it's already established.... THE NIGHT OWLS...lol

Brenda started this group many years ago and the 3fc gave us our own group forum.... so this IS where u belong.... and we used to be VERY active...maybe we'll all slowly start coming back...I know I'M back. <grin> and naturally, I'll surf around the site while I'm here...but I've always come back to THIS one. So, if it's support at night that u need.... you’ve got it...because that's pretty much when I'm up too. Only I'm usually going to bed around midnight lately because I have to get up for work.
Nice to see some threads already being posted....see? how quickly we can start the NIGHT OWLS up again?

Hope you're having a great day.

AmyMCGS 07-08-2005 04:49 PM

:) That's really what I was hoping for.... that there would start being some more posts in this section. I didn't word that well, I guess-- I didn't think we needed a whole new section or anything, I just wanted to see if there were other nightowls lurking out there who might want to make this a more active forum again. :D

PJ 07-08-2005 06:55 PM

Hello again,

Well, I think our wish will be granted since you and I are already here...and once BRENDAAAAAAAAAA, gets wind of us in here....I KNOW she'll put her two cents in.....right Bren???? :lol: aaaaanyway ... what does IR/ borderline PCOS and TTC#2 stand for? I'm curious.

And by the way, I admire ANYONE who is a stay at home mom...I was for a very long time. It's the hardest job on the planet...I know that some of us HAVE to go to work to put food on the table and I was once fortunate enough not to have to work...now that I'm divorced, my alimony is not enough to support the kids and I ..... therefore...it's off to work I go ... I just thank God that I was able to be home with them when they were small. My son is now 10 and my daughter will be 17 next month. So, here's to you and all the other stay at home moms out there.

Cya later,

P.S. - I just came in from a walk with my "minnie" (doggie) and it's HOT IN FLORIDA.....and we're getting ready for another storm. aaaaggghhh, but i'm on the EASTcoast......it's most likely going to hit on the west coast. Say prayers and light some candles for those already "hit" and those in the direct path of it. I know I will.

PJ 07-08-2005 07:01 PM

Oh yeah!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 lb. loss......WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

AmyMCGS 07-09-2005 06:20 PM

Thanks... I only work outside the home two days a week (Activity Director in a nursing home) and I love it. It's a blessing to be able to stay home most of the time and not send my daughter to daycare. It's also good for me to go and get that adult interaction two days a week! ;)

I got to move my ticker to FIVE pounds lost today! :D I'm happy!

PCOS/IR= Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Insulin Resistance. There's a whole forum here for those diagnosed with those problems, that's why I put it in my signature.

TTC #2= Related to the above.... Trying To Conceive my second child. Having PCOS makes it difficult... but at least this time around I finally have a diagnosis and a plan (meds, etc). TTC is an abbreviation used a lot by those of us with fertility issues.

I do refer to my "kids" (as in plural) sometimes... I just mean my daughter, husband, and three cats, LOL!

It was after those diagnosis that I found this great 3FC site.... and I was THRILLED to see a section on PCOS here. One of the major symptoms of PCOS is unexplained weight gain... which is how I wound up searching for diet sites. So it's all related somehow.

PJ 07-11-2005 12:00 PM

Amy - Don't know if you've got this site on your favorites but I was curious as to what it was exactly and found this site. Very informative...

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/3032/pcos.htm

It took me SEVEN years to have my son due to irregular TOM. They said I wasn't ovulating due to not producing progesterone. Well, insurance didn't cover infertility then and after over two years of trying...we just QUIT trying. Well, GUESS WHAT!!!! The very next month I was pregnant. Go figure. I had gotten pregnant with my daughter on MY HONEYMOON...hey, YOU do the math. hehehe...anyway, the more I read on the above mentioned site...the more I thought I might have had PCOS. Who knows...oh well, I had a partial hysterectomy when i was forty and I'm 46 now...so I reeeeeaaaally don't see me having anymore. :lol: Especially since Jackie is almost 17 (26th of this month) and my son is 10. GOD HELP ME!!!!! Reaaalllly tough ages.....aaaaagggghhhhhhhh.......
Cya all later,