View Poll Results: I've seen a $140 jacket that would be great for my interview, should I....
Buy it, keep the tags on and return it after the interview 1 5.56%
Buy it and keep it - could be an investment... 13 72.22%
Don't buy it 4 22.22%
Other - suggestions welcome! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 01:46 PM   #16  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Is it five o'clock, yet??

Hey everyone! I just have a few minutes b/c boss went to check the mail. Our receptionist is on vacation, so the phones are ringing like crazy!
Had a bridal shower yesterday, got lots of stuff!! It was fun!
Well, she's back so I'd better jet!
Old 06-04-2001, 02:39 PM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Default Stacey!

I just realized you are only 23 to goal!! Congratulations!! That is so awesome!!

you know how every once in a while you realize how much others have lost or how close they are to goal? that is the cool thing...I seem to have lost my signature - will see about that.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:00 PM   #18  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Alright Ladies, I am bored lets get to postin'. This coming from me who hasn't posted in months It is nice to be back though. I need the encouragement this wk It's PMS wk and the wk before vacation! Anyways, I have lost 6pds since I last posted but I haven't been going to WW. You girls, however, inspired me to go back. I know that I need to watch my points. I have just been cutting back and although that works. I need to get back to journaling. Thanks for the inspiration.

So I guess I could catch you up on my life. NO men yet, well there is still my "friend" but as usual that is complicated. I had this realization last night that I am filling this void in his life. ONce he finds the woman of his dreams our relationship couldnt possibly be the same. This is weird. I guess it would be the same way for him if I found someone though. UHH relationships. I would give anything for a normal relationship.
Oh well what else is new??? I turned 25 saturday which brings me to the realization that I am almost 30 which brings me to the realization that I am yet to experience a healthy relationship Etc. etc. etc. Oh well I do love my life. God blesses me daily but sometimes the being alone thing makes me a bit paranoid Did any of you feel this way before you met your DH's. Fill me in!!! Well back to work Iguess. I am sooooo bored today. I know there are a million things I could be working on though
I'll check in for all of your intriguing responses to the DH question
Becky
Old 06-04-2001, 03:12 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

BECKY... I was 25 when I met my hubby. You are no where near 30, so live life to it's fullest. I am now 29 and in the past 4 years have had so many rewarding experiences!!! I dated so many duds, I am glad I was a bit older when I met hubby, made me appreciate him more!!!

Oh the days just keep getting longer. Still cold here in WI. I went to the bank and the temp was 58... it was supposed to be at least in the 60's. The normal for this time of year is 80's. This is NUTS!!!

Oh well, back to the grind!
Old 06-04-2001, 03:21 PM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Default Slow day..

I am with Becky on this one - come out and post - its such a boring day, need some stimulation.

Well, have been working out points to have chinese food and cake for mom's bday tonite - it won't be easy - will have to run for an extra 10 min today adn fit in an additional run tomorrow -hope hope....I WI on Friday so I dno't want this meal to have any adverse effects

Becky I am 25 too - fear not!! Everything has its time and place.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:21 PM   #21  

Here is a pic of Emma and me from yesterday. It is taken with our home computer web cam. Hubby had to work, so we e-mailed him a pic of us. How sweet is that!!
Old 06-04-2001, 03:35 PM   #22  

Look how skinny my head looks. Maybe I have lost more weight than I think And my hair is kind of looking bad. Oh well. Emma is CUTE!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 03:49 PM   #23  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Hello all

Well, I am still at home. My mom was in town taking care of me all last week. She did so much work on my gardens and house. It was great. I am feeling pretty good. A little sick but I feel better if I keep something bland in my stomach. I am also so tired in teh day if I do the littleist thing, but I am having trouble sleeping (this is common for me). So I am trying to not drink too much before bed so I don't have to get up and pee.

Kirsty: I am glad you bought the jacket. It sounds great!

Lolly: wow, moving into a new flat sounds fun. I love new places.

Kay: first, you are so right. IT seems that many times it is the woman in the relationship that gives in. For example, my hubby and I live in Peoria...which is not my first choice of a town to live in. But he is from here and I just said, "ok." so here I am. On the preg thing, I ment to tell you that I have a friend who just got back from a cruse and complained of the same thing as you. Turned out she had a innner-ear infection thing. Maybe this is something like that. With my preg tests...I had a neg one day and then the day before I was to get TOM I hada positive. But watver, don't let it stress you. It is what it is and what a great chance ot talk about it all. You are in my thougths.

Becky: First, jen is right, you are no where near 30. I should know, I am 30. Second, I did not start dating DH until I was 25. We were married when I was 26. You just never know when you will find the right one, they just sort of sneek up on you sometimes. and my DH is someone that I knew in college and did not date at all and did not "meet again" until 3 years after we were out of college...it was different that time and we were both ready to get married etc. Don't worry, I also dated a lot of LOOSERS before dh and I can tell you, he did too.

Jen: how is Emma's teeth? THat is so cute. Also, how great of you to send a pic to DH. IT is so cold here too. I hate it and my plants are not liking it too much either. Boo.

Belle: That is so great the way you planned for the dinner tonight at your mom's. Great job on that!

Stacey: your wedding is so close. Glad you had a great bridal shower. They are so fun!

Tonya: great to get back on program. I know that is hard, but you are doing great! What fun to have some extra days to spend with your kids.

Sarah: I would really miss the meetings, but that is me. I guess the reason I pay is for the meetings and the acountability each week. I mean, I know HOW to lose weight, but I love the group support (and you guys as well). So if you go that way, we could be your meetings.

Janet: Great job on the weigh in!!!!!

Angie: what a cute story!

I must tell you all (beware, this may be TMI) but due to the bed rest, early spotting, January miscaridge thing, hubby and I have been advised not to have "relations" for a while. I can tell you, it is very dificult. I really hope that restriction is off soon! The dr did say, "well, you can have nipple stimulation." but my boobs are so sore that I don't really want him anywhere near them. Ok, sorry if that was more than you needed to know.

Well, I must go. Been out of bed too long. Work sent me a lap top, but it does not work. AHHH!

talk with you all soon.

Trish
Old 06-04-2001, 03:58 PM   #24  

I agree...who wants to work this afternoon!!! I have lots of stuff to do, but, who wants to start them this late in the afternoon!!

Trish ~ Glad to see you are feeling a little better! I know exactly where you are coming from with the nipple stim....that is how I knew I was preg, mine were extremely sensitive. Hang in there, it is great that your mom is helping you out.

Jen ~ Love the pic of you and Emma, I keep meaning to take a pic of my new haircut, but keep forgetting!!

Belle ~ Enjoy your dinner, sounds wonderful!

Becky ~ I agree with everyone else. Your still young. I met DH when I was 22, we were married when we were 25. We both turn 30 this year. In some ways I wish I would have met DH when I was a little older, as you mature you realize what is really important in a man, I think....

Stacey ~ Your shower sounds great, don't you love getting presents!!

Well, I have about an hour and I am outta here. Didn't get anything done today, which means I need to be more productive tomorrow!

Talk to you all later!
Old 06-04-2001, 04:08 PM   #25  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default So many topics, so little time

Hi girls! I tried to write something earlier but my computer was being finicky and I lost it. I had to run out so I didn't try again. But I'm back now.

Jen: What a cute photo!

Kirsty: I hear you about the animals! I remember when my b/f and I first started dating and my dog, Toby, was really jealous. He'd insist on jumping up on the bed, so finally we had to shoo him out of the room and shut the door. He'd whine and scratch at it. He's much better now!

Becky: Argh. Age. I'm feeling it, only because I'm 28 1/2 and 30 doesn't feel that far away! I'm in a relationship, but I'm stumped as to why a proposal hasn't come yet. Meanwhile, I'm thinking, ohmygod! I want to be married by the time I'm 30! I know it's silly and shallow, but I can't help it. A friend of my inadvertantly rubbed it in the other day. She's 29, just got engaged, and wrote all her friends an email listing 100 things that made her happy. The first half or so were the names of her friends, which was nice. But one of the things on the rest of her list was, "I'm happy to be getting married before I'm 30." Gah!

But anyway ... I need to grow up and not let things like age bother me. At least my career is going fantastically. (yeah, that's what all the unmarrieds say, right??) No offense, you married ladies! And b/f and I made our first major purchase yesterday ... a queen-sized bed. So things can't be so bad!

As for eating, I didn't count points at all this weekend. Who knows how I did. Saturday b/f and I went to a baseball game and I ate like a piggie. Last night we went to a Chinese buffet. And today I had a piece of cake! Argh! Anyone got some willpower to share?

Sarah: I think the WW online thing sounds good! I might check it out myself, although making myself get on that WW scale once a week helps me. The meetings don't do much for me, though. My leader is great, but everyone's older and their issues seem to revolve around families and cooking for husbands and kids and grandkids and family picnics and all that. I think there needs to be a meeting for single people! How to handle a drinking binge! A couple of times I've almost brought up my concerns but then I just shut up because I know these women won't care about fretting over whether a White Russian is a better choice than a margarita, you know? I get much more support from all of you here.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a good rest of the day, everyone!
Old 06-04-2001, 04:25 PM   #26  
Eve's Mom

Default Kim

Sending Cyber will power - will need some in reserve for chinese and cake tonite.

Jen - cute pic! Your face does look super thin!

I think its sex story share day!!

Hee hee......

Must go - meeting in a few min.
Old 06-04-2001, 04:30 PM   #27  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Yeah!!!!!!!! So Many Posts!!!

Have I mentioned that you guys are great!!! I am so glad that everyone is posting. I had a real dry spell here and I hate when I am bored b/c it makes me want to eat Anyways,Thanks for all of the advice. Wow it seems like 25 might be a magic age. I know it is not old but when I think about the fact that I was 18, 7 years ago, it weirds me out. I am a neurotic psycho!! Anyways thanks for the encouragement.

Kim I have to agree with you on the Singles meetings. I don't have the concept of picking at my children's food as I pack a lunch. Ya know! I think we should suggest it to WW. Singles Unite Don't feel shallow we all have our hang ups and I always set in my head the whole plan by age. You know marriage, kids, dream home etc. It is pretty ridiculous but hey at least were honest My sister is going through the same thing with her BF right now. Theyve been together forever and she is your age. Shes ready but he is not. He has a lot of fear. I guess we woman must be scary or something

Tonya Good insight into my situaiton. I agree about the better choices as you get older b/c when I was 21 I dated even bigger losers than now Every cloud has a silver lining

Trish I am glad that you are feeling a bit better! Sorry about the "relations" thing

Belle-Good job on planning for your mom's b-day!!! I am glad to hear that there are some single people our age. I know most people wait longer to get married now and I am not even necessarily ready however everyone around me is getting married. Oh well you are right "in time"

Jen thanks you are right it will be worth the wait. I love the pics of you and emma. That is so sweet!

O.k. as far as my day of eating it has been ok. I had taco bell but I am still within my pts. I cannot decide if I would rather go to aerobics tonight or rollerblade. I think I may blade b/c we have a small window of decent weather. It has been rainy and cold here in good ol' Michigan too. It is supposed to rain for the next wk I guess. Oh well Grand Cayman here I come
Old 06-04-2001, 04:34 PM   #28  

Sex story share day??? Oh my!!! Hubby and I did it the night I went into labor. It was very diffcult, but I really don't think it sent me into labor!!

Trish... glad you are OK... Check your PM! We miss you here, but I am so happy you are PG. I miss it all the time, we may try again next spring. YAHHHHHH!!!

Man... 1 1/2 hours left. Hmmm, what else can I post. Maybe I have more pics or something!!
Old 06-04-2001, 04:41 PM   #29  
Eve's Mom

Default Hmmm

I walked in on dad and his g/f when I was 6 and was forever traumatized. that is about it for my "stories"! Well, I could get graphic.

I intercourse supposed to induce labour?? I didn't know that.....hmmm... I'll keep that in mind in case I want to use that as an excuse!!

Old 06-04-2001, 04:54 PM   #30  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Avatar Issues!

I cannot find a good avatar site. When I do a general search I get all this perv stuff Anyways Does anyone know of a good one? Fill me in. Thanks!
Closed Thread