Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for May

I can't believe it's MAY already!!!

This group originally weighed in on Thursday. Some of us still do and some of us weigh in on different days. It really doesn't matter, we want to welcome everyone to our group. I personally think we have an awesome group!!! We like to have fun and have been there for each other through many things. So with that said, please join us!

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm getting ready to go exercise. I haven't been too good at it the last couple of weeks and need to get back at it. Ever since I was sick, it's been more of a chore to do than anything else. Guess changing my attitude about it will help a bunch!
Old 05-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Good Morning,
Susan, I can't believe it's May, either. Thanks for starting us off.
I'm with you. I'm getting ready to exercise. This is my first day back from a week of vacation time. I'm so slow this morning. I'd rather do anything besides get on that treadmill.

Everyone have a great day!
Tina
Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon from beautiful downtown Edmonton

Hi

I didn't drop off the face of the earth, I'm still working 2 jobs & find that I don't have much time. I've managed to stay 9.5 months smoke free, but I've gained about 20 lbs. So I've decided that I have to get serious about this and get with the program. It's nice to see you all still here. I did come here and read the posts but I've decided I have to participate more. Tina, Susan Tammy Mimi, nice to see you all still here.

I now have 40 lbs total to lose so today(like all mondays) I'll stay away from the wrong foods. So here's to us

maureen
Old 05-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #4  
Susan

Maureen,
It's SO good to hear from you!!! It seems like yesterday that you stopped smoking. YEA on the 9.5 months of being smoke free. Is it still hard not smoking? Keep up the hard work!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #5  

Being smoke free for that long is a wonderful accomplishment Maureen!! We are all so proud of you.

I've gained some weight too. Not happy with myself. I'm sure my doctor won't be happy in June. I need to take the things off under my name. Ever since I put those there it's been bad luck. lol

Didn't make it to the mall yesterday. We had the parent meeting about the Europe trip. I did drive to the mall, but it was raining. I decided that just staying in the van and reading a book would be better for me.

Have I ever told you guys that my principal is an idiot? lol I know I have, but we had a meeting after school and he just made me realize all over again why I think he's such a jerk.

By the way, I like jazz. When are we meeting?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #6  
Susan

Tammy,
I don't think you have ever told us your principal is an idiot! You must tell us about him sometimes.... hahaha It's good to know that some things will never change What did the idiot do this time?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

It's great to have you back online, Maureen. Congratulations on being smoke-free. You will get going on that weight loss.
I never seem to get my weight to come off. I can blame it on a lot of things. I need to just blame myself.

Tammy, you were right not getting out in that rain. Principal???? You have one of those. Ditto what Susan asked.

I told Larry about us all wanting to meet in New Orleans. From what I've told him about us, he said that the place would never be the same if we went.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #8  
Vegan Fat Chick

Hi! I just started WW last Thursday so thought I'd pop in to say hi! I will be weighing in again this coming Thursday so I'll keep you posted
Old 05-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #9  

At our staff meeting on Monday, he handed out the agenda. There was absolutely nothing on it that was new. He read it to us! We were there for 45 minutes, when we could have been out of there in 10 or not even been there at all.

Would you believe he is going to observe all of the 2nd grade teachers tomorrow? We have all been observed this year, and he has never had a follow up meeting with us after he observed. I just don't understand why he is still there.

Tina, I'm sure Larry is right!!!! lol When I go places with Carol and Melissa, all of our husbands wonder what the people think about us. We have so much fun. Wouldn't it be great if we could meet??????

Welcome to the crew vggiegirl!!! Very supportive group here. Hope you like it as much as I do!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Veggie, welcome to this great group! You'll enjoy yourself here.

Maureen, how are you doing today? Keep at the proram.
Tammy, I just can't imgine how this guy has been able to stay principal.
Susan, what's up with you? When is your brother getting married?

I was looking through my vacation pics and only saw ONE of me. Oops! And, that one was horrible of me. I'll have to post another pic of me some time.

Mimi, are you working a long week?
Sis, are you surviving all your work?
Old 05-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Default It's Wednesday

Hi all,
For some reason it seems I missed out on a Tuesday. I don't think I've fully recovered from New Orleans.
Am I the only one or do others not like to empty the luggage! This morning, I just opened the case and dumped out what was left on the dining room carpet. That way I'll have to do something with it--like put everything in the washer.
That and buying a Mother's Day present are my objectives for the day.
I have some boneless chicken breasts marinating in ff Italian dressing. I'll cook them on my amazing indoor grill. I love that thing! (It's not a G. Forman)
Take it easy everyone!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #12  
Vegan Fat Chick

LOL I hate unpacking...ever see the episode of Raymond where neither of them will put away the suitcase, and Ray hides a slab of stinky cheese in it and uses a grocery bag for his next trip you aren't alone
Old 05-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

I didn't see that episode of Raymond.
Good, I'm glad someone else feels the same way.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #14  
Susan

Howdy,
I hate to unpack as well. I do it right away because I know it will just sit there. It takes much less to unpack than it does to pack. I normally wash everything.

I weighed in today and was up 1.4 pounds. Guess that's not too bad with being on steriods, and eating way too much for the last 2 weeks. I'm back on track. I've even gone to Curves 3 times this week. Pat just called and his brother is in town and we are going out to eat. ( I went out to lunch with a friend today) I currently feel like a stuffed pig.

Guess I better go feed all of the animals. It's wet and chilly here and would much rather stay inside.

Oh, I had a non fat, sugar free hazelnut cappuccino from Starbucks. It was yummy!! Wish ya'll were there to enjoy one with me.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I wish we were there with you, too.
I'm not much of a coffee drinker but that Starbucks sounds good. Today I had a mocha frappicinno. (sp?)
It's not raining here. It's been so nice today--low 70's.
Don't worry too much about that gain. You'll get it off with all that exercise. Congrats on going to Curves 3 times this week.

Oh, I started the May weigh-in thread.
Closed Thread