Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default Fab 40's and Fit 50's! # 171

I can only stay for a minute. I read all the posts but now I must go get my kids. I will be back tonight.
I have to say there are many SMART women on this thread.
I am very glad to be a part of this wonderful group.
Luv y'all.
Terri

I am back.

L.J.
I am glad the COPE post helped get you to us.
I know what you mean about CORE. I am not in as much control as I want to be. Flex is the best for me.
I was reading about starting your day off with the best intentions. It happens to me at least twice a week. The only difference with the way i was a few years ago I'd put the fresh start off til tomorrow. Then it turned into Monday. Now it is now. I can usually stop the eating wrong by nightfall.

Sandy,
That is good that your aunt and uncle will live there too. I wish life was easier sometimes. There were many times I was glad my little ones lost in tournaments. It just goes on so long.

Leeann,
Congrats for re-joining. Fresh start YAY!!!!!!!!!!
I have made habits. I start by making them rules first. I do not eat while reading, on computer or watching TV. I use those times to sip green tea and water.
I wish your sister could go with you too. That'd be cool but e-mail can help you share.
If you eat a little and save your craving for Saturdays remember to stay in points and flexpoints. I used to eat whatever and kind of take the weekend off and then I worked hard all week to stay even fore the weekend. Now I just stay in points but eat the foods (no nutrition on Sat.) I normally won't eat on weekdays cause of sodium or whatever. I LOVE SATURDAYS!!!!!
Congrats on your Bachelors. I have mine in education. Next I want to get licensed in Al. and get my masters.
I love my WW magazine. I subscribe but they also sell them at my meetings.

Jen,
I am thinking of you. I pray your therapy helps. I know it will.

Dianne,
Glad you had a good time at the Concert.
You will get the 3 pounds off. Life happened.

Hi ES! How are ya doing?

Lots of storms heading our way. Going to watch the News.

TTYL,
Terri

Last edited by points; 04-06-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
am also out the door, to my therapy. I'm so achy today, just waiting for the rain they've been forecasting..feel like an old lady
I've been faithfully doing my stretches, and am a teensy bit sore in those areas. We'll see what today's session brings.

Will be back later,
~Jen
Old 04-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #3  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

New thread! Now I won't be able to remember what was on the other one.(senior moment)

Dianne, you're so funny. I'm weird. Something must of happened to me as a child on a Tuesday. That's why I hate Tuesdays. You'll get those 3 lbs. off. Drink lots of water. I live in a apartment complex on the ground floor. The rain didn't come in thank God. When does Alana graduate?

Jen, I feel achy when I first get up. Bummer turning 50! I hope you heal real soon. Thinking of you kiddo

Terri, do you follow the WW guidelines? 2 fruits, 2 milks, 2 oils, etc.? I'm doing okay I guess. My weigh-in is Friday evening. Even if I lost 1 lb. I'll be happy.

I have to email my sister. It's going to be long so I'll be back later or tomorrow.

Hi to the rest of our group

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 04-06-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #4  

When there is a new thread I get up another e-mail and put the old thread up so I can read as I write on the new thread.

Es,
No I don't do that like I should. I rarely use oil. I do on CORE since 2 are free. I do try to have at least one milk. I eat Cream of wheat almost daily so that takes care of the milk for the day.
I do try to get my veggies in. I just bought 1/2 a watermelon.
Good luck Friday.

My nephew was ubducted by his roommate the other day and he made him drive for 22 hrs. all over Ohio by gunpoint. He had the gun to his head for 4 hours prior to the drive. I found it on the internet It was scary to read.
He goes to Ohio University. He is ok and the gunman is in custody.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #5  
Back on Track

Smile

Good afternoon, ladies! I hope everyone is having a good day and all is well. Have any of you had laughing cow cheese? I’m having hard time finding it here, and I was wondering if anyone has found a good substitute.

Terri: You are a fountain of really great tips. I can’t tell you how many of them have hit home for me. Have you been peeking in my window? I will probably re-subscribe, even if it is just for the recipes. Bachelors in education? That’s super? Are you or do you want to be a teacher? What level and what subjects? The good teachers are a dying breed. Too many of them where I work are in it just for the money and could not care less about the students. To them, it’s just a means of getting a decent retirement. Unfortunately, we are one of the higher paid schools in WI. Sometimes I wish we could reward the good teachers with the higher pay and the ones who don’t care with less. Of course that won’t happen, but it sure would benefit the students. Oh my heavens, Terri! Your nephew must have been so scared! I’m glad he’s ok.

Jen: How’s the PT going? I’m sure it isn’t easy and probably doesn’t feel great right now, but stick with it. It will pay off. Is the ache from the rain? Arthritis can really cause havoc on the joints, can’t it? Old lady? You? Nah! You’re not allowed to be an old lady until you hit 90.

Sandy: My aunt is in an assisted living apartment. I keep telling her with all the activities they have schedules and the food they prepare, I’ll move to where she is and she can have my house. It will be nice that your mom will have family there as well. That seems to be the hardest part for the residences where my aunt lives. Family doesn’t visit as often, or at least so they say.

Es: Hi, Es! Was there lots of rain by you? Have you had water come in your apartment before? Sure hope not. That doesn’t sound like it would be any fun at all. I haven't really been watching that much tv this week, so I'm sort of out of the loop. Good luck Friday.

Hi to everyone else. Well, back to more reading!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

TGIF!

Terri,
I did alot of reading about Core, but since my problem is portion control, I believe I'd have a very difficult time knowing when I'm satisfied. The good old regular Points program worked best for me in the past. I've got to commit and get back to meetings. I believe your method of having your cravings on Saturdays is very smart.
What an ordeal for your nephew! I would have been petrified. Thank God he is safe.

Dianne,
As long as you enjoyed those 3 pounds.... You've been doing so well, I'm sure they'll come back off.

Es,
I'm with you...if I cannot go back to re-read the other posts, I can't reply to them! How do you like the meetings? I'm fortunate to have a WW center about 2 miles away, with a ton of meetings. Perhaps I'll go to a couple to find a leader I can stick with.

HI to Sandy, Zoe, Leeann, and LJ

~Jen
Old 04-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Terri - That must have been really scary, I'm glad to hear your nephew's okay. Did they find out why the guy kidnapped him.

I just got back from the hospital. Willie was admitted yesterday. It was really strange- I had been feeling dizzy at work on Wednesday, so willie came and picked me up. He made an appt. for me at our family doctor for yesterday. We got there, he waited in the waiting room for me while I was in the exam room waiting for the doctor to come in. All of a sudden the receptionist comes running past the room I'm in and shouting your husband passed out - he's on the floor. It was such a shock that I almost didn't move right away until her words actually got through to my brain. Anyway, when I got to the waiting area, they had picked him up off the floor, but he was having what looked like a seizure and throwing up, etc. So the doctor called 911 and the ambulance took him to the nearest hospital. When we got there he was still throwing up - it was scary. We were in the emergency room until 3:00 a.m. (from 2:00 p.m.) - they finally moved him to another part of the hospital - not a room - apparently they didn't have one yet, but a quieter place then the ER. They took blood, did a ct scan and xray and cardiogram, etc. His heart seems to be okay, so he wasn't having a heart attack. When I finally left this morning after being up all night, the nurse said he'd have to speak to the doctor, but his chart mentioned gastroenteritis and rule-out infection in the blood. I just came home to shower and change and bring back some clean clothes, etc. for him. I'm gonna take a little break - I'm exhausted, pluse I never did get checked for my dizziness, but I'm feeling better with that.

I will talk to you guys tonight or tomorrow. Hi to everyone. Jen, I hope your'e doing better.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone I can't believe that I haven't been here since Sunday!! Someone said "life just gets in the way".....how true. I've been sooooo busy. My Dad and Step Mom are coming today so I took the day off to get the rest of the stuff done that I need to. I finished the gardening which was the BIGGEST job. Everything looks so nice if I do say so myself I just have a few things to do in the house and then get myself ready. By the time Greg comes home, I'll be ready to go.

jen ~ Still thinking of you each day. Hope your therapy is going well.

Hi Es, Dianne, Sandy, L.J., Terri, Lee Ann....sorry I can't write more but I've gotta run. I may be somewhat scarce the next few days but I'll be back.......I promise....hahaha....you know me, disappearing annie.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #9  
NeverGiveUp

Question

Dianne, I hope they find out what caused Willie to pass out! Did he tell you he wasn't feeling well? OMG Amiga you take care of yourself & after you find out about Willie you should check yourself. I'll be praying for the two of you.

Terri, your poor nephew! That guy sounds like he has a serious mental problem. Thank God your nephew is OK. Must have been terrifying.

Zoe, enjoy your time with your Dad & step-mom.

Jen, I like the meetings but with my schedule it's hard to get there. I think I'm going to go every other week for a while. I'll see.

Be back later if not tomorrow morning. David just got here.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 04-08-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #10  

Dianne,
Oh my goodness, are you and Willie ok? You had to be scared out of your wits hearing he was on the floor. Willie hadn't even told you that he was feeling ill. I hope you have found out the cause by now and that it is not anything serious. Could it be some kind of gas fumes in your house affecting both of you?

Terri, How is your nephew? We all think our lives are fairly ordinary and are pretty grateful for that especially when something as unbelievable as this happens. Hope he is ok, I am sure he is thankful to be safe, but still there could be some post traumatic reaction.

Friends, Sorry I haven't been around lately, just overwhelmed and busy between work, the musical, and getting my mom ready to move. I actually think I spend more time in my car than anywhere else! In a couple of weeks, after my mom is moved I will have time to take a breath!

Hugs to the rest of our gang,

Sandy
Old 04-09-2005, 08:29 AM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
What a scare that was for you! Am thinking of Willie and you are both in my prayers. Sandy, I think it was, had the same thought I had...could it be carbon monoxide or gas that you're both having effects from? Just a thought.
Stay well and keep us updated on his condition.

Sandy,
Make sure to take a minute each day for yourself. At least when your mom's move is over you'll have one thing out of the way. Stay well.

Jess and the boys surprised me and were here when I came home from work yesterday. They spent the night, so I'm going to run.

Enjoy the weekend,
~Jen
Old 04-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #12  
Back on Track

Thumbs up

Good afternoon, ladies! How is everyone? I went to my weigh-in this morning and am down 6 lbs. Too bad the whole journey won’t be this way. I know that the first week is sometimes a big initial loss week, and it slows down after that. I’ll still take the loss. A pound gone is a pound gone, no matter what way you look at it.

Jen: I feel the same way as you about Core. I know there are a lot of people out there who swear by it, but frankly all that freedom scares me. Silly, huh. I’m glad you’re feeling better. How’s the PT coming? Is it getting any easier?

Dianne: Oh my heavens! That must have been scary. I hope Willie is ok and it was just some kind of virus going around or something simple. Let us know how he is doing. Make sure you get your dizziness checked out though. I know you’re worried about Willie, but make sure you take care of yourself too. Sandy and Jen had a great thought – some kind of fumes in the house. That would make sense. Make sure you get that checked out. Maybe get a carbon monoxide detector in the house too.

Zoe: Hi! Glad to see your post. When people come to visit, there always seems to be a lot to do, doesn’t there? How long are they staying? It sounds like you will have a great time visiting.

Es: How did your meeting go?

Sandy: You sound so busy right now. I hope you remember to take care of yourself too in all this rush. Remember that we’re all worth it.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:20 AM   #13  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Buddies,

Leann, great loss. I didn't make it this week. Too many things going on right now. But ,I weighed in at home & I'm down 3. Like you said the first week is always more than the rest but that's OK. Congrats to you

Sandy, I know how overwhelming moving can be. Hope you can find some time for some R & R after it's all over.

Jen, are you feeling better?

Dianne, hope Willie is okay. I'm worried about you.

Be back later

Hugs to all

Es

Last edited by Rios426; 04-10-2005 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:00 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Leann,
6 pounds! great loss! It's true that the first week usually is the best in terms of a large loss, but it's very motivating, isn't it? Keep it up, you're doing great

Es,
good for you, 3 pounds is cool! You're still working 5 day workweeks, aren't you? It is difficult to get many things done without that extra day. Stay focused, you're doing it!

Dianne,
How is Willie? and how about you? I hope everything is ok.

My p.t. is ok. I go twice a week, and have to work it at home twice a day. I am reminded of how out of shape I am each time I do the exercises. I love the stretching. I can already tell the difference, that my quads are becoming stronger, when I get up from a seated position. So that's a good thing. Still have pain, but am accepting it and not letting it get me down.

We have two beautiful days in a row...sunny and 70.

~Jen
Old 04-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #15  
Back on Track

Talking

Hi Everyone!

Es: Good going! 3 lbs gone forever! Good for you! Keep on moving, and you’ll be at your goal in no time.

Jen: Glad to hear the PT is working. The more you stretch, the easier it becomes, and the better it feels. Easy to say, and sometimes oh so hard to do. Keep up the good work; you’re doing great!

Dianne: Any more news on Willie? How are you doing? My prayers are with you both.

Hi to Zoe, LJ, Sandy, and Terri. I hope you all are having wonderful weekends.

Well, my vacation is coming to a close today. Yesterday evening was not a pretty sight. I started into my old thinking [gee, since you lost some weight, you can afford to have a little more of the treats]. I almost lost control. I went 3 pts over with an extra helping of Blue Bunny “Bunny Tracks” ice cream before I got control of myself. I really need to figure out where these silly notions are coming from. I certainly wasn’t hungery. I’m wondering if it is because of boredom. When I am busy with something I enjoy, I never think about having something in my mouth all the time. While I yelled at myself for a few minutes for losing sight of my goal, I also congratulated myself on what I have accomplished so far. I still think of hitting my target point as a game, and I’m not giving up. I’m feeling better today. One other thing that I just realized is that I didn’t get in all my water yesterday. I wonder if that had something to do with it too. I think I’m going to take the dogs for a walk. It is 64 degrees outside and wonderfully sunny. Have a wonderful rest of the day all of you. I’ll be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread