Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 09:17 PM   #31  
Inchworm

Oh Patti!, You make it sound just marvelous! I can hardly wait to see it all.
I just got dh a digital camera for his bday, so should get some nice pix with that when we visit your fair city!
I'm been surfing the web, finiding all sorts of fun things to see.

Wouldn't you know!?!?! after walking this morning, granddaughter came home this afternoon, and asked if I would go along with her to pay her college fees and find her classrooms!!! I walked another mile!! and it has warmed up again, so by the time we finished up at the Bookstore, my face was beet red, it's a wonder they didn't call the paramedics for this old lady!!!
It was fun to see her so excited, and comforting to be able to show her the closest parking lot to her building, etc..
She brought home the 'official'pictures that were taken at the prom. I'll put them on my site for a few days.

Patti, it sounds like your baby has quite a dent in his car$$$!! So glad he is o.k.!

Congrats merri for facing the scale! It is not easy for me to do, after I've been off prog for a while. those 3 pounds will come off before you know it!!

~~~

Joyce
Old 05-30-2001, 02:07 AM   #32  

Hello, ladies. I am "Linda Jean," but we changed our email address and it wouldn't let me re-register under that username because it was already "taken!" Anyhow, I'd like to rejoin your 50's group if I may. JOYce has been telling me from time to time that a couple of you have asked how I've been doing. I appreciate your thinking about me, even though it has been so long since I posted last.

We took a month-long trip to Denver in February where we assisted my cousin in moving her Dad (my uncle) from a convalescent home to a nicer place which is an assisted living facility. We needed to shop for lots of things he needed in his new digs and DH was putting things together (computer table, shelves, things to help him be more comfortable, etc.) like crazy for a few days near the end of our trip. *Any*way -- I ended up having candy for breakfast many mornings (it was there), along with other indulgences when we were out for meals so often, and I put on a few pounds, of course. So, I am back at WW, over goal (much to my chagrin; I know that at least one of you was looking to me for tips on how to maintain)--and determined to get back down to the weight I was when I left for Denver.

I do have a question, and that is, how is the "Winning Points" different from the regular 123 points system? And are most of you indeed, counting carrots as points? And my biggest question is, have you all adjusted your ranges down as they suggest now?

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:41 AM   #33  

Hi everyone - isn't it great that its WEDNESDAY already! Boy I could get used to these short weeks! I did stop by to read posts yesterday but couldn't find the time to stay so I am starting early this am before the day gets crazy again.

Saara - HUGE CONGRATS on the assignment to Univ of Utah! The only portion of Utah I have ever seen was when we cut through a corner of the state on our way back to Vegas from the Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon. I remember lots of beautiful mountains and scenery. I am SO excited for you! And this late notice doesn't give you much time to get yourself and your stuff together, does it? Be sure you get that computer fixed before you leave so we can keep track of you now!

Linda - It is also great to see you back on the board! So many familiar faces returning to us! I think its wonderful that you feel comfortable enough to return and wise enough to know that you need to get right back up on the WW band wagon after slipping up. I would imagine it will be much easier to take off those few extra pounds right now rather than wait until they all creep back on. As for the winning points program - I don't care much for it and I pretty much stay on the 1-2-3 program. Hey, 1-2-3 has worked for me and I don't mess around with something that works! I have read comments on the site where some WW leaders have even basically said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Carol - How are you doing this week? I am sure it is one of the "longest" weeks you have had in a while. Hang in there - we are all still thinking about you and praying hard. Let us know as soon as you see the doctor. Gald you seemed to have had a restful week-end at least and that you got some time with your dd. I know that she is worried about you too!!

JOYce - Wow, you have gotten your exercise this week! It is exciting to see our kids (or grandkids) moving into a new phase of their lives! A little heart-rendering that they don't "need" us as much anymore, but still the way things should be. Let us know when the prom pics are up and I will drop by and check. I meant to tell you a few days ago how sweet your comments were about the Texas homecoming mum I sent Melissa. It was really my pleasure and I am so glad you were both pleased.

Janet - I have to agree about the colt - what a mental picture that is!! Would have paid big money to have seen you running around that corral! And of course horses have "lips"! Anyone who has even seen one "grin" knows that! I know how badly you wanted that mirror you found in Mexico. Next time we have to figure out a way for you to get it back home! Glad Krysten's grad went fine - and that you weren't a weeping mess! Don't worry about the step-mother comment either - I make it a rule not to worry about ANYTHING my dd's step-mother says!

Merri - How is it going on day 2 - or is it 3? I am glad you are doing the water aerobics. That's something I have thought of doing but there just isn't a water facility close enough for me to drag myself to at the end of the day - and it would have to be pretty close! We have a pool right down the street but they don't offer anything but kids' swimming lessons and regular swim times. I have heard that water aerobics is better than the gym because there is less impact. Of course, you are young, but that means a lot to an old lady like me! I remember the candy bar story, too! Would have like to have smacked that kid good! Glad you went to WW in spite of your bad week - the meetings are usually a really good place to re-charge your motivation.

Jan - I knew that's where you would be staying in Laredo! It looked like such a wonderful hotel when we were there. I think on our "next" trip, we should all go and stay there at least one night and then we can make multiple trips across the border! Just think of all the things we could bring back to the hotel and not have to carry around all day! The possibilities are endless! Of course, Janet and I will have to get a U-haul! She can drop me off and head back to Mississippi with her mirrors!

Patti - Sounds like you had great fun on your mini week-end excursion. You know I think we sometimes all forget to be "tourists" in our own cities and towns! It can be so much fun to see our own sites - no need to do much traveling! Do you know I have never been to the Space Center here in Houston and I have lived here all my life - except for the 20 years ex-dh was in the Army. Its only about 80 miles on the other side of Houston from me, and I have never been. A pity. It is on my list of things to do someday - before I get TOO old~! Good luck on getting the car repaired. Sorry it will delay your househunting - but as you said earlier, better now than 2 months ago!

Kendra - so glad to have you back again, too! Congratulations on finishing your Masters's! That's a huge accomplishment under the best of circumstances - much less under bad ones! My dd was awarded her Master's in Environmental Geology a few weeks ago too. She is really glad to be done and I know you are too - well, almost done anyway. We are here for your support and I am glad to see that you are feeling more in control of things now.

Liz - All I have to say is that if all those plants bear fruit, you are going to be swimming in vegetables this summer! Tomatoes are already producing wildly around here. Its amazing how far apart our growing seasons are! Too bad about your rainy holiday week-end. We had a few storms one afternoon, but other than that it was hot, hot, hot and dry, dry, dry - something you will hear Jan and I saying most of the next 5 months! Anyway, I am really glad you had some time off from your busy job! Are you still working on your house? Or have you transferred all your energy to your garden now! I know we only have so much energy to go around so we have to spead it carefully!

DD and her fiance are just about moved into their new place. The movers will come this Friday and get the heavy furniture. But everything else is in the house and mostly put away now. We just about killed ourselves last week-end, but the worse is over I think. The place really is beginning to look like a "home" now that stuff is put away and window treatments are up in the formal, ktichen and den. Of course, some furniture is already there too. None of the bedroom windows have been done - but that's another week-end, I guess. We spent the entire week-end either working or making multiple trips to the store to pick up odds and ends - all of which added up to much $$$$$. Moving is never cheap, is it? Tomorrow I will go pick up my "grand-dog" and bring him home with me for the night so he doesn't get too stressed with the movers and all the excitement happening on Friday.

Gotta go - I see I have written the great American novel here now. Everyone have a great rest of the week! Will check in again later.

Last edited by texaslady; 05-30-2001 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:16 AM   #34  

Hi Linda! Great to hear from you again!
Since we've moved to a second page, will start the next thread now. Everybody come join us in 50 or More # 63!
Jan
Closed Thread