View Poll Results: Would you rather be rich or famous? You have to pick one!
Rich 21 87.50%
Famous 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 10:57 AM   #16  
flibbertobbergenie!

Janet - thanks for that! I think a Chartered Accountant might be a bit different, they have to do 3 years of training and exams (eek!). Yay! on sending in the resume. Let us know how it goes ...

Lisa - don't worry about the 'plateau', just shake things up a bit, see if you've got into any food routines and make a few changes. One thing that's worked for me is going out and having a big meal (within reason!) and forgetting about points, just for 1 night. I think maybe it gives my metabolism something to chew on, or something, I don't know, but it's def worked!

Belle - you know what we're all going to say ... ANY man who doesn't take you to the zoo deserves to be eaten by a tiger. No! that's too heroic! By a warthog. And re: the running, I noticed cool things like my legs and bum getting tighter rather than amazing weight loss. I'll take it!

Hi Kay, you're making me jealous with the cruise - glad it was fun though.

Lxxx
Old 05-23-2001, 11:00 AM   #17  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Kay... Before I knew I was PG I was extremely exausted. I mean so exausted I was sleeping on the couch by like 7:00 at night. I wasn't really too queezy tho... I just felt blah and no energy. I thought I was coming down with the flu. It lasted for over a week, then no period, so I tested. Your queeziness may be from the trip tho, but you really won't know until you don't get your period. Also, no spotting for me. Good luck and keep us posted!!

This morning is going SOOOO SLOWWWWWWW. I want to go home and it is only 10:00am. YIKES!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:18 AM   #18  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Thanks Lolly and Janet for the suggestions. I think I will try them out (any suggestions that I add points or fat to my diet is welcome) within reason

Lolly - maybe the gain was water or your clothes. No need to change the sig! Because you'll just have to change it next week when you lose

Okay ladies - thanks for the advice.

Lisa
Old 05-23-2001, 11:18 AM   #19  
flibbertobbergenie!

Jen, you could pretend you're on UK time ... 4.15pm! Nearly time to go home (for people in normal jobs). But I hear you about things going sloooooooooooow. Bored bored bored.

And Lisa - nope, the gain was def food! I didn't Wi the week before and hadn't been OP at all. But it's def coming off next week! Good luck with the plateaubusting!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:20 AM   #20  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm bored...

i have no concentration left after this morning's excitement! i'm also feeling a bit down cos i wish they'd given me some kind of sign after the audition. i am being all pessimistic and thinking i won't get it. still, at least i enjoyed going for it and wasn't nervous which is cool. thanks for all being so sweet about it though. isn't it great we all have each other to talk to about anything and everything.
it's just after 4:20pm here....so i've got about 2 hours till the pub. but it is really dragging and i so can't be bothered to do this feature i am working on. hmm, i think i'll go sit in the park and read it there instead. nice bit of sunshine might perk me up...
Old 05-23-2001, 11:22 AM   #21  
flibbertobbergenie!

We're all bored! must be the sunshine, reminding us what we're missing ... and making the icky banana someone has dumped in the bin smell even ickier (ICK!). I have brought a yummy infusion down to try and combat it ... cinnamon, honey and vanilla ... YUM!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:28 AM   #22  
Proud Mama

Kay~

I forgot you asked about the pregnancy thing. Ditto what Jen said on the tiredness... I was constantly falling asleep on the couch at night. Also, strange as it may sound... I noticed my nails growing really fast and my hair too. Ok, so most people don't experience that, but I swear it's true! Also, tender breasts, and for me, an increased appetite. The spotting could be caused by implantation, or it could be nothing. I hope your outcome is whatever makes you happiest!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:35 AM   #23  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Janet... my hair and nails also grew fast. And my wretchedly thin hair got thicker... but now it is back to being wretched!!! I loved the new hair changes. But my nails always grew fast (hair too) so that part was annoying. I was always trimming them!

I miss being PG... can't wait to try again. Although Emma needs to be a little bigger because I can't handle running after 2 little babies. Maybe we will try again next year!! YAH ME... trying is fun!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:36 AM   #24  
Scotland's finest export

i'm so bored i can't be bothered to go sit outside....
anyone know any good jokes?
Old 05-23-2001, 11:36 AM   #25  
Eve's Mom

Kay - can relate with the suspicion thing....but remember that if you worry you can put your body all out of whack anyway.

did anyone see the season finale of freinds? I heard that rachel is pregant! I bet its that old office assistant's baby....!!!

god, v. bored today. Wondering if DBF took the day off to go to the zoo.

What's that word from BJ?

F*^kwit?
Old 05-23-2001, 11:37 AM   #26  
Eve's Mom

Default Kirsty

A magician worked on a cruise ship. The audience was different each
week,
so the magician did the same tricks over and over again. One problem:
The
captain's parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the

magician did every trick.

Once he understood, he started shouting in the middle of the show:
"Look, it's not the same hat! Look, he's hiding the flowers under the
table.
Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything. It was, after all,
the
captain's parrot.

Then the ship sank. The magician found himself on a piece of wood in
the
middle of the sea with, as fate would have it, the parrot. They stared
at
each other with hatred but did not utter a word. This went on for a day
and
then another and then another.

Finally on the fourth day, the parrot could not hold back: "OK, I give

up.
Where's the (F*$&%#G) ship?"
Old 05-23-2001, 11:47 AM   #27  
Scotland's finest export

Old 05-23-2001, 11:57 AM   #28  

Default you all make me laugh!

Kirsty - sorry you are so bored. Have fun at the pub. Seem like you go everyday!!

Belle - thanks for the joke. Sorry bf upset you. I am agreeing with Janet. He shouldn't make you feel bad. Maybe to=ime to get off the rollercoaster.

Lolly - Can't say I have noticed mcu from my running. Though Iay. what are you up to by now?

Jen, Janet and Kay - I am fascinated by signs of pregnancy. I am looking forward to getting PG. Seems like babies and pregnancy are all over TV lately.

Kay- let us know what happens. I hope you are happy no matter what.

Lisa - good luck on breaking your plateau. I think mixing up what you eat helps as well as increasing your points. That was recommended to me by a former leader. She said to incerase points for 2 weeks, you may have a gain the first week but it will only be temporary and get you moving again.

It's almost noon now and the morning went pretty well. I think the afternoon will be kind of slow though. I'll be back.

sarah
194.41/60.8/153
Old 05-23-2001, 12:04 PM   #29  
Scotland's finest export

Default perhaps i should join AA not WW?!

i wish i did go to the pub every day! but sadly no. although lolly and i did meet in one last night (well, more a bar than a pub) and then tonight we (work) are welcoming a new member of staff and celebrating someone's birthday and then thursday someone is leaving and friday i'll be in cardiff (capital of wales) so will be drinking in pubs there with BF (whom i haven't seen for almost a week now - sniff). and then of course i'll be in and out of various pubs and restaurants in wales for the rest of the weekend.... i reckon we'll do lots of walking and hire bikes so that should help me save some points! oh, and hochmagandy too...
Old 05-23-2001, 12:18 PM   #30  
Parrothead

Default I'm bored too!

Back only a day and already bored! I haven't noticed any of the other signs so I think I'm just recovering from the cruise. I am super tired, but nails and hair haven't changed. I hope I don't freak myself out too bad looking for signs. Half of me is really ready, but the other half still thinks I'm too young (25). I know 25 isn't young but I still feel like a kid most of the time. It will all work out for the best either way. I don't want to get my hopes up or down. The positives of not being preggers right now are: 1. WW goal, 2. time to party more with DH, and 3. grad school.

The positives of being preggers are: 1. cute baby!, 2. being young enough to keep up with the kiddo, and 3. buying a house.

So really there are good things either way. I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks!

I'm off to WI to face the music for the vacation. YUK!

check ya later,
K
Closed Thread