Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Monday-Tuesday (March 21-22)

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well! I had a good weekend! I know have a tiny chunk of the Northwest Territories on my left ring finger! Yup I am engaged so yah me I still haven't told my parents, I'll surprise them this weekend!

Anyway, I am using this and my HS reunion to get my toosh in gear. Food has been great today and my ring is a fabulous anchor!

I also got an adjustment on my income tax from last year and a check for $103.50 so yah!

So come out and play!

Ali
Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ALI!!! Congrats!! I'm about to head to bed
I was bad tonight DH is on the train home and I found out one of my closest friends is moving out of the country on short notice
So I had a sugar and fat fest
sugar from "juice" and fat from the supposedly healthy (it mutated) Lasagna I made
2 things i learned
buy oven ready lasagna noodles
buy shredded cheese
now I have a food hangover
busy at work today thats why i didn't post lets make tommorrow More active!
Nite
Kier
Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Hey all, I had a busy day yesterday trying to get the house in order for the Easter weekend. My brother & Mom are coming. My bro has an appointment here tomorrow morning so he is actually coming tonight and staying until Easter. I hope we can get along that long. He is a big stress and I hope that I can deal with my emotions some other way than eating.

One stress is over: we finally got our cheque from the car insurance people and gave them the car that got wrote off. I am thoroughly enjoying or new wheels. Awesome!

Busy work day today so that's good. Not too much else going on. It is stil snowing like crazy here and it doesn't feel like spring is ever coming. We have more snow now than we did at Christmas. At least Easter is almost here. Seems like spring should come shortly after Easter. Hope so lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Oh yeah Ali a big congrats on the engagement!! When do you think you'll have the wedding?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

First off, congrats Ali! How did he ask you?

Kier - I have to PAY money... $800 to federal and $400 to state and it SUCKS. I used the IRS calculator at the beginning of last year but apparently a raise and a lot of overtime put DH And I in a higher tax bracket and I didn't realize it.

Rina - I don't know what I'm doing for Easter. Was thinking of going to my parents, but now I'm not so sure (read next paragraph) if I will be able to or not. We are not Catholic (not religious at all, actually. I wasn't raised with one) but we still spend the day together and when we were younger we used to hunt for eggs. I was hoping we would get to go to my SIL's house and bring baskets for my neice and nephew, but I'm not sure if that is going to happen.

So, things have been ok lately. I haven't posted in a while, but I was really busy with my midterms, the house, and work. And just as things are going good? A swift kick right in my arse. I found out today that one of my friends committed suicide last night. We had been in touch here and there online lately. Haven't gotten together a whole lot since I moved to RI 3 years ago. DH and he go waaaaaaay back. We didn't see it coming, and it is a total shock. We knew he was upset about some things, but didn't know it was this bad. I don't think anyone knew.

But, good things with the house. The inspections keep going on. Things aren't as bad as they could be! There is termite damage in the basement, and we had someone inspect that. Looks like it will only cost about $300 to fix, and so we are asking for that as a credit from the sellers. They are having a heating person, a plumber, and an electrician go in and do more inspections, and then we have to decide if we will ask them for more money or to fix stuff.

Pictures of the house here:
http://www.ailesfamily.com/pictures/housethumbnails.asp

The pictures are really big, so they will take a while to load.

On another note, I decided after going to Old Navy on Friday and NOT FITTING INTO A SIZE 18?!?!?! that it was REALLY time to get back on track. It was weird cause I can wear 16s and some 14s, so I don't know if it was just that style of pants or what, but I'm done with procrastinating. I have not gone off program since I started Saturday morning, and I'm very proud of myself.

Also, I feel as if I am surrounded by pregnant women. My friend at work, my real estate agent, and another good friend of mine are all pregnant! My agent is due in 4 weeks, my friend at work is 4 months along, and my other friend is 3 months along! My agent is in her early 30's, friend is in her early 30's, and friend at work is 28. It is kinda weird, I feel like I should be jumping on the bandwagon or something DH and I have decided to wait 2-3 years, now that we are buying the house. Besides, I turn 25 this summer, and he is 26, so we still have time.

Gotta go. DH and I are both home together today. Take care of yourselves and stay healthy!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Ali- Congrats on the engagement. So much excitement!

Modkittn- I am really sorry about your friend. My husband's brother committed suicide in July. If you need any advice maybe I can give you some. We didnt' know things were that bad with him either but they say they keep it all in and keep it a big secret. I am sorry again.

I was a complete idiot today and decided to tackle the living room and bathroom and really clean up. Well I put bleach in my bathtub and let is soak because I wanted everything to be super clean. Well I ended up staining my bathtub this nasty color and I had to run to the store and get CLR. Thank God that works. All I kept thinking was, I am such an idiot. My husband came in and was like how in the heck did you do that...haha. I am trying to do good this spring break and get things done. Tomorrow it will be the kitchen and office...woohoo. Hope everyone is doing well. Good night
Closed Thread