Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 08:58 PM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi guys!

Whew.....winding down the weekend. Lots of stuff going on, the Sopranos comes on in a few minutes.

Essie!!! sounds exactly like something that I'd do, mixing up the dates. Look at it this way, you got up the courage to keep the appt., you've made yourself a little stronger. Don't you feel good that you went and didn't chicken out? So sorry to hear about the party and your SIL. That is never a good situation. It's so hard on the family and everyone who loves her.

Terri, what Bruce went through really was rough. Isn't it amazing that people actually want to be dentists, and make that their life's work, when we all fear them so? It's such a shame that he had such a rotten one.

Dianne, hope you survived your expedition to the aquarium. Are we still sane? LOL

Joyce, you gained, but can put it behind you. I'm in the same boat, gained 1. I don't know about you, but usually I don't drink enough water. If I do, it fills me up. Why don't you give that a try? Hang in there!

Patti, hope you had fun at the picnic today. How was it? I found a wonderful dentist out of the yellow pages; like yours, mine caters to babies (translate to chicken adults!)

The kids just left, we had a nice day. My daughter surprised me w/a birthday cake today. Wednesday is my birthday, but we won't see them till next weekend. The boys are great.

gotta run......have a great Monday all!

love,
~Jen
Old 05-21-2001, 04:56 AM   #17  

Joyce, I'm sorry about your frined. She was so young. Like Jen said, water helps - sometimes. I always get my water in but I'm one of those emotional eaters so when something BIG happens I tend to over eat. It's Monday, break out your journal & your water bottle & get ready to roll!

Jen, it's been some weekend. The ordeal with my sister was a nightmare. My BIL got her out of jail but we are very worried about her because she's suicidal. I just don't know what to do for her anymore. I've prayed, I offered to go to AA with her, I told her about a program in my church called Victorious Overcomers but nothing seems to work for her. I'm Letting Go & Letting God take over.

Terri, thanks for your prayers. How's our girl Brittany? She's become part of us. Is she eating normally yet?

Believe it or not I'm glad it's Monday. Start over week. I went totally off program this weekend. Never went to weigh in but did exercise for an hour each day. Too much was going on. I'm back on my feet.

Have a great day

Love,
Essie
Old 05-21-2001, 12:32 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie,
I'm so sorry about your sister. You can not do anything beyond what you've tried. You're on the right track.....letting go and letting God. It's a difficult lesson to learn (at least for me it has been) to not worry about what you cannot change. If you have offered your sister so many options, and she chooses to not help herself, you've got to accept that. And pray for her. My brother committed suicide 7 years ago. No one can help someone who does not want to be helped. It may sound simplistic, but it's true. This is such a tragedy for many families. My prayers are with you.

Have you looked into the support group for families of alcoholics? The name escapes me at the moment, but it was a big help to my sister when her ex-husband was "off the deep end" and wouldn't go to AA.

And hey, weigh in? You're exercising, that's great. It's so great to hear you look forward to fresh starts on Mondays......I feel the same! Let this be a great week.

Hi to everyone.....how are you all doing?

~Jen
Old 05-21-2001, 05:20 PM   #19  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Hi all! How have you been? I've been AWOL for a while now, not just from this board but from WW itself. Had this killer project -- a metal statistics book -- that took all my time plus. I have, however, managed to keep up exercising but I know I've really gained. I haven' t gone anywhere near a scale in about a month. I keep saying I am going to get back to journaling and meetings but I haven't done so yet. I will though. Just been hard stressful times. Now that my book is almost at the printer I found out that the people I do the lion's share of work for (I am a freelancer) was bought out and is in the middle of a shakeup. I have no idea how that will affect me but I have to assume it will mean a loss of income. Only time will tell.

Well enuf downer talk. I hope all is going well for all of you. Talk to you again soon.

Myra
Old 05-21-2001, 09:09 PM   #20  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Weigh In Day.....

Hi ladies

today was weigh in day and can you believe it, right with TOM!! I am so, so, so bloated!!! But I managed to lose 5.5 pounds!!! still in the 80's but not for long, not for long.........

Myra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you girl??!??!??!?? Don't be a stranger........stay, stay, stay....

Joyce ~ I'm so sorry about your friend. Only 43.......so young.

Sorry I can't address everyone. I am exhausted again and need to relax. I never get cramps but the last year, I really get them pretty bad so I need to get on the sofa. At least TOM will come and go by next weekend since we may go out of town for the holiday weekend and my birthday.

Have a wonderful evening.

Patti <><
(220)209/181/148
Old 05-22-2001, 12:21 AM   #21  

Joyce,
I am so sorry about your friend. I know how that feels since I just lost a wonderful friend last month. I'll be thinking of you.
You will lose those pounds. Don't fret. We have all been there.

Thanks Jen,
I have been very greatful that I had great dentists. :knock on wood:
You know the sing song about the gain. You know you can get it right back off. Wish it were as easy as saying it. Good luck. I know it is hard with a birthday.
Hope you have a great one.
I am so sorry to read about your brother. My heart goes out to you. How old was he?

Essie,
I am praying for your sister. I think I was under the impression it was your Sister-in-law. I am so sorry if I soundeed harsher than I should have.
Sister is a different story. A lot closer. I wouldn't be able to handle it as well if it were my sister then if it were my sister-in-law. You and your brother take such good care of yourselves and I wish your sister could follow that. I am praying for you.
Brittany is eating better thank goodness. She is getting around better. When school is out I am making her rest
all day for at least a week. Won't we be spoiled?

Myra,
HI! missed you. Can't wait to hear from you again.
Relax when you are done.

Patti,
"Weigh to go" That is fantastic. Feeling good?

Hi Dianne,
Are you over your aquarium trip? Jen, you are too funny!

Talk to y'all later.
Terri
Old 05-22-2001, 04:50 AM   #22  
Lifetimer

Relax? What is relax? I'm already accumulating articles I need to write, but at least I'll be able to sleep more than 3 hrs. a nite. Thanks for the thought though. One thing I was considering doing is getting a massage at the gym if I can afford it.

Myra
Old 05-22-2001, 05:11 AM   #23  

Goodmorning Buds

Myra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy you came back to us. We missed you. {{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}

Zoe, 5.5 Wow!!! That is great! High five Girlfriend!!

I'll be back later. Have to get ready for work.

Have a great day Terri, Dianne, Joyce, Jen
Old 05-22-2001, 09:02 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Allright!!!! HI Myra, glad you've come "home" I missed your posts. It sounds liked you've earned that massage.

Zoe, great loss, 5.5! That is a great example for us all.

Terri, my brother was 44, suffered from depression and was in therapy. Thanks for the bday wishes.

Essie, Dianne, Joyce, Anita, Hi!

later,
~Jen
Old 05-22-2001, 11:13 PM   #25  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Just popping in for a moment......

just to say hi before beddy bye time.

Jen ~ Have a wonderful Birthday tomorrow....my b'day is Saturday.......still in those 40's....

love to you all and have a great night

Patti <><
(220)209/181/148
Old 05-23-2001, 03:58 AM   #26  
Lifetimer

Happy B-Day Jen! I hope you can take the day off and celebrate!

Myra
Old 05-23-2001, 10:10 AM   #27  

Hi guys:

Just popping in real quick to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!!!!! Hope its a great day for you and I wish you many, many more!

I'll try to come in later to catch up with everyone. Been realllllllly busy.

Hugs to all,
Dianne
Old 05-23-2001, 03:18 PM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls,

Just wanted to say thank you to all of my wonderful, fabulous friends here for all the birthday wishes.

My niece just left after treating me to a luxurious morning of a manicure and pedicure. She used to do nails, has all the equipment, so she came over and did both. What a great way to start the day! I'm going out to dinner tonight with Joe and Joey; haven't decided where yet.

Patti, yep, thank goodness we're still in these 40's..... I can certainly wait a couple more years for the big 5-0.

have a great day everyone

love,
~Jen
Old 05-23-2001, 08:04 PM   #29  

Jen, hope you're having a great day

Check this out guys, www.vitalicious.com
Old 05-24-2001, 09:05 AM   #30  

Essie,
Those look wonderful. Know anything about how many points? Thanks for passing those along.

Jen,
Hope you had a wonderful Birthday. Your niece sounds like a sweetie. Love these 40's. I just turned 42 and I hope this decade goes slower than the last one.

Hi Dianne, Joyce, Myra and Patti.

Terri
Closed Thread