Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 10:19 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Thumbs down

Slavika: Oh Oh Sammy is in trouble! Poor Sammy better hide! Thats a great idea for a WW meeting. Only I would have a problem. I threw all my old stuff out. I wish I would of saved one thng. But Alas I didnt.. We are suppose to take a recipe that we love to ours next week. Should come home with a bunch of good ones to!

Geri: My that was mighty nice of your daughter. You are to kind! I would of told her to do it herself! You will be sore tomorrow with that kind of work out. Take it easy tommorrow!
Old 05-14-2001, 10:24 PM   #2  

That wasn't Karen's laundry I ironed! It was mine. I told her I would watch and play with her baby, but I am not cleaning her house. Occasionally I put something in the oven for her to help her get supper if she has an early night meeting and will only be home for a brief time between day and night meetings. And I empty the dishwasher and fill it. But that is all. I am there to keep the baby and that is what I do. She does her own housework and laundry.

Like the fish. Glad to see that someone is keeping Slavika's fingers from being overworked
Old 05-14-2001, 10:50 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Geri: Oh Im glad! Sounded like you did hers! Im just not that nice mostly when it comes to Ironing. As I hate it with a passion!
Old 05-14-2001, 10:56 PM   #4  
Super Surfer

Default ...Slavika doesn't have anything to do now....

Slavika..With all the gals starting the new threads, what the heck are you doing? I guess that one of these days I will have to start one .
I got rid of all my really big clothes, but I do have a dress from 20 lbs ago. I put it on today OVER the clothes I was wearing and it was still really big. I think tomorrow's meeting will be a good one, because just putting on the dress today made me remember how unhappy I was when I bought that dress a couple of summers ago. See you tomorrow...
Geri I don't think you should do your DD work either, looking after the baby is enough, and she probably doesn't expect you to do the ironing anyway.
....speaking of ironing.... YIKES... I have quite a bit sitting downstairs, and I washed clothes again today. The pile is like Everest.
Lily.. you know how we all like new recipes, if you get any good ones please pass them on.

Well now I am on this new thread and I can't remember who said what on the last one. I hope everyone had a good day. See you tomorrow.....
Old 05-15-2001, 07:22 AM   #5  

Here's to Geri I sure hope you can move today. After weight training for 2 hours I surely don't know how you did all that ironing much less pick up a baby. It does seem like the ironing pile never goes away. Even stuff that supposedly doesn't have to be ironed. My dh had a friend come over Sat when I was gone and they fixed the hot water faucet for the washer, finally put up the new light fixture in the bathroom and fixed the light switch over the sink that hasn't worked for at least 2 years. He had little Happy Mother's Day notes on them. Either the bathroom light fixture is very, very bright or the old one was dull. You don't like to look in the mirror in the morning. Not a pretty sight. Slavika and Trudy your WW meeting sounds like fun. Will be a hoot to see some of the outfits. Have fun! Hi Lily, Karen, Glenda and Maria[now what are you up to?] Talk later, Peggy
Old 05-15-2001, 10:05 AM   #6  
Net browser

Default ....not Sammy

Good Morning Lily
I saw "Sammy" in the yard this morning and I said to him, "Sammy, did you dig in my flower box"? He said, no he didn't do "DAT" it was a squirrel that "just" looked like him". LOL
Old 05-15-2001, 11:05 AM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Default Sammy is saved!!!!!!!!!

Trudy: Im sure Slavika is bored now as she has nothing to do.
I really wish I would of saved one thing that was big as a reminder. Im gonna have to go on a search and see if maybe I forgot something. I will add some recipes to the page. I havent done that in a while. Im a bad girl....

Peggy: How cute of your DH to have all those little things done for you on Mothers Day! I would keep him around for a little while longer.

Slavika: I knew it wasnt Sammy! Had to be his evil brother.
Old 05-15-2001, 08:04 PM   #8  

G'day all,

Well I will have to have a bit of a 'vent' today.
I am sure it is now the world over but how do you feel about getting the run around with all the large utilities and banks.
You cannot talk to a person, you ring and you have to go thru a ridiculous amount of prompts to be put in a queue and told that 'your call is important........'
Yesterday dh asked me to sort some things out at our bank. Went to the bank told them I would really like to speak to a PERSON rather then on the phone. Of course they said she could help me only so far but with some of the other issues I had, she would have to ring herself to get the answers, like what is the balance on some of our different accounts!!!!!!
The manager (a young girl in her early thirties) and another lady tried to help me but they themselves were very frustrated with having to ring and go thru all the prompts themselves to be then put in a queue, you would have thought there would be a hotline for staff.
I ended up being there for almost 3 hours trying to get things sorted. The staff at the bank and myself parted the best of friends and they said they enjoyed the challenges I threw to them Then of course dh is the primary account holder and HE must make the changes I requested.
Went home and thought I would have a talk to you guys and I had problems with my service provider again Rang them and after the many prompts got to a young girl who was so patronising using stupid analogies why I was unable to get on the net etc. etc. By this stage I was really angry , told her that I had been using the internet for the past 6 years and her ridiculous analogies made no sense at all. I then requested to be put thru to a senior technician who could help me with my problem.
As you can see I am back on line again.
Just as well I have the time to do it, I am sure they count on people just giving up, too hard, too much time.
Once upon a time when I worked full time that is how I felt, I now have the time so watch out
Now that I got all that of my chest, life is good.
I am very much on track with my points etc. and feel I am going the right way and I WILL succeed shedding this weight.
Fantastic Trudy being able to put a dress that once fitted over your present day clothes. Good for you.
I haven't done much exploring as yet, I have been walking in the garden across the road from me, they are just superb. The climate here being cooler than Sydney is reflected in some of the beautiful plants grown in the botanical gardens.
Have a great day all, I have rambled on long enough again.
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 05-15-2001 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2001, 08:19 PM   #9  
Super Surfer

Default ...what an interesting WW meeting..

Hi gals..
The WW meeting was really interesting ... there were quite a few of us who brought in BIG clothes. A couple have lost around 80 lbs and when they held up the pants, 2 people could stand behind them. One gal came up to the front with a huge nightgown, took that off to show a big T-shirt, took that off and had a pair of jeans that were so big, and the belt was so big it just hung down. It's when you can put the too big clothes on over what you are wearing that you really see how far you have come. Then the Leader talked about what kind of foods we kept in the cupboards and fridge and what kind of food we keep now.... big difference. I am 3.4 lbs BELOW goal now .. believe me, I NEVER thought I would ever be able to do that. My personal challenge for the next few months will be not to go over goal.
Slavika your backyard looks so pretty with all the flowers and hanging basket, the garden tomato plants looked so lush. And there was Sammy's little house, carpeted and stocked with food, I half expected to see him doing the backstroke in the pool you have set up for the Grandkids. He sure leads a luxurious life...
Geri.. You must really be fit to weight train for 2 hours. On Tues. I usually go to a class that runs for 1 hr, but we do the whole body training.
Peggy.. getting all those jobs finished must have been a great Mother's Day Present for you. Had to laugh with you about the light in the bathroom... I know how scary it can be when we see ourselves in bright lights.
Lily... I will keep looking for the new recipes, we can never have too many. Slavika and I know a couple of gals who DO NOT have any cookbooks, and are not interested in recipes. We read them like novels. I liked your little fish in the bowl.

It has been a good day... tonight we are having company, so I will say Goodnight to my cyber friends...
Old 05-15-2001, 09:07 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Default Look Slavika! Sammy is in the pool!!!

Maria: I know what you mean. Pretty sad when you have to drive miles to the nearest bank and then they cant even help you when you get there! Our banks are all in Grocery stores with no one to talk to. So you do have to drive miles and miles if you really need to talk to someone. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Trudy: Im gonna go add a Shrimp Linguine recipe now. Will try to get more in there to.
I knew Sammy had his own carpeted house. She spoils him!

Check Breakfast and desserts to added some there.

Last edited by LilyG; 05-15-2001 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:09 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Default Away two days and it's a new world!

Thought I had lost you! I've been going back and forth trying to catch up. You have all been busy. And sounds like you all had an enjoyable Mothers' Day!

Maria: I know what you mean about never being able to talk to a live person. I've gotten so I fib and act as if I don't have a touchtome phone and then eventually I get a real person. The Botanical gardens sound wonderful. I love to walk through places like that.

Slavika: Do you spoil Sammy with cracked corn. My DD buys corn expecially for their squirrel Houdini.

Trudy: I really like the music of the Inkspots and other groups of that era. The old stuff has it all over most of the new music. Sometimes I wonder if they really know the tune. They seem to be all over the place. Guess my age shows.

Karen: Glad you didn't lose your post this time. What special thing have you done for your meeting? I couldn't take any of my too big clothes, as I too got rid of them all. I didn't want them around to make me feel I could fall back on them if I didn't stay on the program.

Geri: 11 pairs of shorts!!!!!!Now that's a bargain. That will be a lot less ironing. I too thought you were being a really kind mother, so am glad you set us straight. I hate to do my own, so would have to be in a really loving mood to do someone elses.

Peggy: Now you can wash with hot water! what nice Mothers' Day presents. I have finally decided I much prefer to look at myself in the mirror without my glasses on. A bit fuzzy, but no wrinkles.

Glenda: What's happening with you? How is your friend doing? Are you gardening along with everyone else?

Lily: Looking forward to new recipes. Thank you. I love new recipes, and try them out all the time. My DH is a good sport about it most of the time, but every now and then he will say "you don't have to make that again on my account".

I seem to remember somebody said they have osteoporosis. I just got an 800 number to call to try to be a part of a study. If anyone is interested it is 1 800 65 study.

"See" you tomorrow. Goodnight. Ann
Old 05-15-2001, 11:42 PM   #12  

Hi y'all,

Just a quick hello. Maria, I too get very upset at computer calls and button pushing and waiting-----usually to have someone hang up on me and have to start the whole process over again. I think whoever invented computerized phone calls should be drawn and quartered.

Trudy I envy you seeing the Inkspots. I remember them. They sang some beautiful songs. The originals are all dead or are they just retired? Perry Como died the other day. There soon will be none of the really good singers left.

Slavika, has Sammy been told the facts of life?--That he must stay out of the flower box or he will be looking for new digs. Somebody better inform the poor thing before he becomes homeless.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:03 AM   #13  

Hi everyone, Know just how you feel Maria about the phone calls. The one that really makes me mad is when you call the phone company. It takes forever to get a real person. I feel my time is just as valuable as theirs. Trudy how great to be below goal. Your meeting sounds like it was a lot of fun. Slavika your yard sounds so pretty. Don't you just love spring and summer? Sammy is really a very spoiled squirrel. I hope he doesn't tell my squirrels how pampered he is. We didn't get the rain last night that was expected but it did rain inside. Seems the dishwasher is leaking thru the ceiling into the basement. There is some very wet carpeting. Now we will have to pull the ceiling and paneling down. It is always something. The shrimp recipe sounds yummy. Have to go check that out. Bye for now, Peggy
Old 05-16-2001, 10:40 AM   #14  
Net browser

Default ....sun is shinning

Good Morning Everybody
Today is Wed, so its shopping/lunch day with my friend.
I had hoped I would lose some weight yesterday but ALAS I stayed the same. I will not over eat at lunch, I will not over eat at lunch...........
Trudy is right, WW was fun. Our Leader is very good, and Trudy and I sit with a bunch of really nice gals. We always try to get there at least a 1/2 hour before the meeting just to chat with everybody. Tea Time was great. Someone asked about Dee she was over for tea and feeling pretty good yesterday. She brought each of us the "starter" for Friendship Cinnamon Bread. (Like I "NEED" Cinnamon Bread) LOL
Geri good for you for keeping up with your workouts. I wish I was as dedicated.
Maria I too, am sick of pushing numbers on my touch phone and hearing "how my call is important, so If I just hold on for an estimated 23 minutes "someone" will actually speak to me. Even DH (who works for a bank) has voice mail now, and you would have to be bank robber to get the attention of a "living" person.
Good Morning Ann yes, Sammy gets corn. Actually I buy him a mix made up especially for squirrels that has grain, sunflower seeds, corn and other stuff in it. I even put out slices of apple or him and grapes because I read on the internet they like fruit.
Lily I checked my flower box and after my little "talk" with Sammy everything seems to be fine.
I told him, flat out I would take his little floatation away from him and then pool time would be very boring. Oh Lordy I think I am losing it. I used to talk "to" and "for" my dog and now I do the same with a squirrel. Oh well, I'm sure you gals would come and visit me if I am "placed".
Peggy to bad about the dishwasher leaking, but you are right . it's always something..
Have a great day everybody, and I'll come back later on to visit........
Old 05-16-2001, 12:35 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Ann: My DH says the same thing some times! I do try new things all the time and not very often but it does happen that some of them are pretty bad....... I cant even eat them. But there are ones I like that he doesnt. I loved the WW Cheese Lasagna one and he didnt like it at all.

Geri: Sammy is so spoiled now that Slavika will never kick him out. Even if she trys he wont go. Heck he has a carpeted house all the food he wants and a garden to dig and now a pool. Now would you leave?

Peggy: Oh no! Sounds like a lot of damage the washer did. Hope its not to bad.

Slavika: Glad Dee is doing good. She nevers pops in here anymore. That meeting did sound fun. My leader goes on a program here once a month and had 3 girls do that. It was fun to watch, as there was a big difference! Yes I will visit you when you are placed. Actually I will probably be there with you. My DH says I belong in a home as Im pretty wierd.

Trudy: Forgot to tell you, congrats on being 3# under goal! Thats great! How many more did you want to go?
Closed Thread