Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 07:21 PM   #31  
Net browser

Default ...ok I guess it's my turn

Hi All

See you all at our new Thread #117.
Old 05-18-2001, 09:09 PM   #32  

G'day all from a cloudy day in Melbourne,

I had a great day yesterday, went for a long walk in the botanical gardens where I came across a 'craft cottage'. Spoke to a lady there who was telling me of the workshops they have. One is on 23 June to make cards with pressed flowers. She showed me some of the examples, they were just stunning made by some very talented people. Anyway I thought it would be interesting to learn that there is more to drying a flower than sticking it in a telephone book I told her about my life and she said that this is probably something that I could do wherever I go.
Daughter is coming this morning, she is shooting a video tape to apply to be a member of the Australian Survivor team. Not too sure about that, I haven't seen much of those programs but what I have seen is that it seems a bit cruel and humiliating. Anyway she wants to have a go and has the whole thing scripted etc. The rumour is that the Australian Survival team will be going to Canada.
I have been meaning to tell you that the fatblaster pills are in the rubbish, goodness knows what possessed me to buy them in the first place. Good old WW, counting points and journaling is definetly the only way.

Geri that is a ridiculous price for lemonade. Whilst being away from home it is sometimes difficult to prepare like you are doing, I do resent paying some of the exhorbatant prices that get charged at different places we go. Is it normal for you to have such hot weather in what I assume is still spring??
Peggy Sorry to hear the leak was major, are you insured for this sort of mishap?
Good for you making the 5 mile walk in aid of MS. That is quite a substantial walk, you probably could join your sister for a bit of a tapdance, have fun
Slavika dandelions, now they could be interesting to dry. I love all flowers and I don't really care if they are a supposed weed or not. You should have seen the most magnificent camelia tree I saw in the botanic gardens yesterday, it was full of buds, hope I might still be here for it to burst into bloom. I took quite a few photos, it was early in the morning and very few people around, so peaceful.
Have a great day,
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 05-18-2001 at 09:12 PM.
Closed Thread