View Poll Results: Where is the most memorable (for whatever reason) place you've gone to the loo?
Famous building/monument 3 20.00%
Famous person's bathroom/restroom 0 0%
Somewhere you shouldn't have... 1 6.67%
Somewhere disgusting 5 33.33%
Somewhere really posh 2 13.33%
Other, details please, heck gimme details on all your answers! 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 10:12 AM   #16  
Parrothead

Default Happy Friday

Hi all! I just was able to lurk yesterday but here I am now!

All of this potty talk has got me laughing in my cube. It brings back many lovely memories. I have always been known to have a "tiny tank" so to speak, so I have had many experiences with a variety of girls rooms. My most memorable was in a dance club in Chicago. It was a very strange experience. At this particular club (someone else in our group's suggestion), no one went to the restroom to actually use it. There were groups of girls in the stalls getting high which is something I hadn't seen in a club in this quantity. The attendant had to knock on the stall doors every time I actually wanted to use the stall for its intended purpose. I tipped the lady well because I don't know how long I would have had to wait otherwise.

OK so as far as eating this week, I haven't been that good. Last night I met with some gals that had been laid off from my company. We went to this awesome mexican restrauant and I ended up having 3 glasses of wine and chips and queso (I think 1/4 a cup of queso and about 1/3 a basket of chips). I think I was over for the day by about 8 points. Oh well...

I gotta get to work (boo hiss)! I'll check in later and tell ya'll good bye before I'm off to the cruise.
Kay
Old 05-11-2001, 10:15 AM   #17  
Scotland's finest export

Default still here, just nipped to the loo

on the subject of loos, what do you married/cohabiting couples do about that old toilet seat issue? lid up/lid down? why can't men aim properly etcetc?!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:17 AM   #18  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning Everyone!!!

Wow, Kirsty and Lolly...that was quite the conversation you guys had going on I am one of the Germaphob people.....I rarely use a public washroom, if I do use one I totally line the seat with like half a roll of TP, I'm such a freak!!!!

I went to WI the other day and I was down 3.6# so I am at 31# and got another ribbon I was very excited, I think I have gotten back the motivation that I had lost!!!!

Kirsty Good luck with the interview!!!!

Lolly, I think that we have the same little computer gremlins in our computers!!!!! I hate mine

Brenda.....Go AVS....Actually I wanted Buffalo to win last night but looks like my team is out

Lisa, good for you for writing down the coffee cake, I love it but haven't had it for years....

Sarah, Have fun at graduation, My dad is coming down to my place tomorrow and staying the night, I am looking forward to seeing him with out the Step*itch. He is going to pick her up on Sunday from her Mothers house!!

Jen, Glad that Emma is getting better, it must be a great feeling to get a Mothers Day Present!!

Trish, I am like you I want new "stuff" but I hate to spend the $$$$$, I love shopping for Appliances. We just bought our first major appliance(live in an apartment) a Deep Freeze. I love it, I can stock up on Fudgesicles and Cool Whip

I will try and check back later, hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend!!!!

Steph
Old 05-11-2001, 10:21 AM   #19  

Default TOILETS!!!

You girls are too funny!

I put that my most memorable was in NYC when the lady gave my the paper and had all these perfumes to use but then I remembered drunken college nights when we were walking back from the bars thru Harvard University and I peed all over Harvard Yard!!! That was great!!! I remember squating next to the building and people walking by....of course I was so drunk I didn't care. Oh those were the days!!! I'm such a lady I know!

Anyways~~~LAST DAY!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I just met with my boss and it was okay~she was really nice actually and gave me all these compliments, not good at taking compliments....but anyways.

Weigh in tomorrow and I better have lost cause I did so well this week and it was pretty easy. I have that first week motivation thing where you are so psyched and feel so in control. Gotta take advantage while I can. Okay gotta go wrap things up. Have a great Friday!!!!

Last edited by Suz78; 05-11-2001 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2001, 10:24 AM   #20  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Hi Kay, posted at the same time as you!!! Your storey reminded me off my mom, a couple of years ago she went to Quebec City with my aunts. They went out to a club one night and she went to the bathroom and like you had, there were no doors, guys in there and in her words "they were getting it on" !!!!!!

Kirsty, In my house we do things MY way(joking) but he ALWAYS puts the seat down!!!!!!!

Steph
Old 05-11-2001, 10:27 AM   #21  

Happy Friday everyone!!

Well, I agree with Jen, my most memorable potty experiences are camping (peeing in nature) and college parties and such. When you gotta go, you will go anywhere!

Kay ~ I hope you have a terrific time on your cruise. DH and I really want to go on one, let me know what you think!

Kirsty ~ I have trained my DH well, he never leaves the lid up. Good man!!! I didn't know a toliet was called a "loo", I learn so much from you!! I am cultured now!

Trish ~ Sorry to hear you have been sick, I wondered where you were! I just bought a new fridge this past fall. I have always had a side-by-side, but opted for the freezer down, fridge up one, and I must say, I love it!! Nothing like a new fridge! But, I cannot believe how much they cost? Are they lined with gold????

Jen ~ I love Amish furniture, we have many Amish living around us. Have you been to the Amish furniture store by Hwy PD? I wish I could afford to decorate my whole house with it! Have fun!

Sarah ~ I am so envious of how much work you have gotten done! I need to wash all my windows in my house, and get a bunch of projects done at work, but I have been procrastinating!!!

Lisa ~ When you really want something, just eat it, and hopefully you eat a small portion, take the hit, and move on.....you will do fine the rest of the day.

"Hi" to everyone else that I missed or hasn't posted yet.

I am trying to be productive at work today, but it probably won't work!

Eating has been better, but I still need to cut back on my portions, they are getting large again. I hope to get lots of exercise in this weekend, it is suppose to be nice here.

Busy weekend...I hope to wash my windows tomorrow, take the kids to the park, and finish laundry. Then, on Sunday, we are having our family over for Mother's Day. We are deep-frying a turkey and hopefully enjoying the day outside. Should be fun....

Well, better get something done....see ya in a little while!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:31 AM   #22  
Scotland's finest export

Default there is nothing worse...

..than rushing to the loo, sitting down and then realising the seat is up. argh!!!

ooh, if you are ever in Soho, London, then go to L'Escargot (posh french restaurant). not only do they have (tasteful) paintings of nude men on the walls of the ladies, but you get individual towels (yup, towels, not paper) to dry your hands.

Last edited by Kirsty; 05-11-2001 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2001, 10:37 AM   #23  
flibbertobbergenie!

Oh yes there is Kirsty, it's realising the seat is up and "someone" has sprayed and not wiped up ... if you sprinkle when you tinkle ...
Old 05-11-2001, 10:41 AM   #24  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Potty talk!?!?!

Kirsty: I agree w/ the seat being down!! I had to get used to having both seats down all the time...especially now with a cat! The worst is in the middle of the night! I don't have a fluffy lid cover for that exact reason!
I voted somewhere I shouldn't have...
Just because when I was in 7th grade, my dad took me and a friend to a Haunted House. Well, I went pee before we got in line, but everytime I got scared in the house (which was a lot) I had a little "leak" hee hee
So, by the time I got through the house, needless to say I would have soaked the most absorbent (sp?) Depends! I was sooooo embarrassed and of course my "friend" HAD to tell everyone at church the next day. I cried all morning!
Ok, so much for bringing back the horror of adolescence! Thanks eveyone!! just kidding
I have so much work to do and yep you guessed it...must go to the loo (oo i feel v brittish!) did i spell it right?
Another thing I hate is when you really really have to go and the closer you get to the potty, the worse you have to go! Overalls are the WORST clothes to wear, too!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:41 AM   #25  
Scotland's finest export

wet toilet seats are gross, i agree. sometimes that is cos of the power of the flush though, but it's still horrible cos you're not sure.
still, thanks to legs, bums and tums i can hover if required!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:51 AM   #26  
flibbertobbergenie!

Oh Stacey, that's a traumatic story, poor you! I'm still haunted by the time I wet my knickers on the way to my swimming class (I was about 5) and had to go home ... the next week the teacher ('Auntie Olive'!) asked where I'd been and in a shameless and desperate attempt to cover up, I told her I'd had measles and mumps and chickenpox!!! She cannot possibly have believed me, and I was convinced that somehow she 'knew' what I'd done ... THE SHAME.

Kirsty - hovering is fine as long as you have good muscle control. Otherwise - icky icky. I have happy memories of a hoverer friend trying to do her thing on a bus in Hungary ... the bus went round a corner, she grabbed the door handle to steady herself and came flying out with her knickers round her ankles. EEK!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:55 AM   #27  
Scotland's finest export

Default we're certainly revealing our secrets now...

bus toilets are evil! lolly - have you noticed on the oxford tube (bus from oxford to london) they have a very low ceiling to try and force men to sit down so they don't spray everywhere? makes them very hard to get in and out of...plus they are so narrow you have to reverse in!!
Old 05-11-2001, 10:56 AM   #28  
Eve's Mom

Default My *** was glued to a toilet....

yes, my cruel sister broke the toilet seat and decided to crazy glue it. I was about 8, came out of bed for a night time pee, dozed off and had my *** bonded to the seat. I woke up, realized I was stuck, and screamed bloody murder. Now, my oldest sister was babysitting me,and the one that glued me was off with my mom at a dance recital. So my eldest sister called mom at the dance place, mom was crying andlaughing at the same time, screamed at the gluer sister (while laughing) and got home to find me still there. She said she was gong to unscrew the seat and take me to emergency witht he seat on my ***. So, I ripped my butt off the seat, leaving flesh behind(if you pardon the pun). Blood pouring down my leg....To this day, I still have a scar on my thigh.

Well, I WI and I was...THE SAME!!! V. pissed off, since I walked my *** OFF and ran, and ate well....I can't believe it. I am v. upset.

To make matters worse, had fight with b/f, who ended up telling me he reseneted me for not being able to talk to his ex, who he told not to call anymore b/c I get upset (v. upset that he said that) and hewanted way more time away from me, he didnt love me, he sometimes wonders why he is dating me, all of these things. It was almost worse than the journal.

then this morning, I was getting out of my car, spotted him, and thought I'd run the other way, he woudlnt' see me, but he did see me...and called out. then he took my hand (which he never does) and said he was sorry for last night, then I said, that's okay(through choked back tears) and he said he wanted to see me tonite after his drink fest with co-workers, I said Oh, alright. And he kissed me goodbye, on the street, in front of co-workers. I was only happy b/c I look good today (albeit exhausted) in a new red skirt with two slits up either side and my hair acutally worked. But I jsut don't get it - mixed signals, mixed words

I don't think I can go on in this relationship knowing that he doesn't really want to be here. I
want a Mark Darcy. I want someone who WANTS me, and it would seem b/f really
doesn't. Only when it suits him.

I want to feel special , even though I have quirky things and I am chubby and goofy. I just need that. and it seems to me that b/f is not a Mark Darcy. I think I am most
definately being used by a daniel cleaver.

I think I might have to break up with him over the weekend. I dont' think this offer is good
enough for me either....to steal a thought from Bridget. I think I'd rather be all alone. At least I would always know where I stood and not have to wonder if I was good enough, pretty enough, smart enough...I woudl know I was good enough for me. And sure, most of my friends are moving away, but hey, I sitll have my sisters, right? they won't leave me. and it could be worse.

I jsut don't want to get out of bed in teh morning anymore, I am constantly anxious, I don't want to sleep or eat or anything. I am not right. I think I need to go to my doctor and get some help. I am really worried about myself b/c I can't shake this.

I hate my job, I am terribly lonelyl here, I am not valued or valuable, and the ONLY thing I like is themoney...which is not good. I want out, but I know I need the $ and its good experience. I think I am in thewrong field, I think I need to do something healing, like Physiotherapy or something liek that.

anyway, there is my toilet story and vent for the week. I promise I won't come on the board next week if I can't be happy.

Have a good day girls.

Belle
Old 05-11-2001, 10:59 AM   #29  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

In the US, with our low power flushers, it is most likely not the power of the flush.

Oh, lolly, I wear black to weddings all the time...without anyting else. I think it is ok in the US..i have even been in many weddings were we (the bridesmaids) wore black. So I would just tell everyone that you are being V. American.

Oh, and hubby better not leave the seat up! But he does splash a little now and then and makes me SO MAD! because I am ALWAYS the one who ends up cleaning it up!

Trish
Old 05-11-2001, 11:00 AM   #30  
Scotland's finest export

excellent toilet story belle! you win today's prize!!
it does sound like you've got a cleaver when you really need a darcy...the question is, what are you going to do about it?
and don't feel lonely, we're all here for you. just floating around in cyber space...like little angels...
Closed Thread