View Poll Results: (Spot the bitterness here!) Is your computer ....
Your personal organiser? 0 0%
Your workmate? 8 40.00%
Your friend? 9 45.00%
An evil sentient being committed to destroying your life, soul, and dignity? 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 12:04 PM   #16  
Running Babe

I have job orientation this evening yippee! I just have to buy an outfit to wear to that (my clothes right now are either too casual or too formal or too big). Working retail I'll have to look good and trendy, but comfy.

Kirsty: ah, so the term "dirty weeekend" is British, my parent's use that term sometimes and I am usually like "don't tell me these things" Good Luck on the audition, I am sure you'll be marvelous, I am so envious of you.

Belle: to be honest flowers guy sounds kind of creepy, holding a flame for a girl he hardly knew and the fact that he doesn't understand that you have a boyfriend is also a little weird as well. About feeling blue and depressed, we all get that, just remind yourself that you're a smart, beautiful, caring and compassionate young woman and you deserve the best.

Kim, Belle: I read an article about people (especially women) having "quarter life crisis", I sometimes feel that I am being left behind on certain things, I am still single and in school and won't be starting my career for at least two years and now I am starting to think "what on earth is life all about" type questions. Argh!!! Oh well, things in general are looking well, except for taht speeding ticket I got yesterday.

Tonya: Good Luck with the family portrait! My whole family has never had a full sitting done before, I am thinking of getting it done for my parent's birthday (though I think my mom wants to be a goal before she gets it done).

Lisa: yeah I have yet to manage to get in yummy snack treats into my eating regime, I just have them as very special preplanned things.... I miss apple pie and carrot cake so I'll try to fit them in soon.

Angie: I hope I didn't pass my cold to you through my cpu

Lolly: I am so sorry about your computer and thesis. Technology can be such a pain sometimes.

Jen: I hope Emma feels better soon.

Take Care Y'all!

Ali
Old 05-10-2001, 12:06 PM   #17  
Running Babe

Belle: Same here! When I shopped at Addition-Elle the petites fit me perfectly as well!!!

Ali
Old 05-10-2001, 12:22 PM   #18  
Scotland's finest export

of course i forgive you lisa! i don't do mornings either!!
i had a yukky experience today. i bought some strawberries from marks to have after my lunch. i noticed some of the punnets on the shelf had a few moudy ones in it (shocking for marks i know!) but i thought i'd found a good one. but no. i had eaten quite a few of them when i discovered some dodgy ones. and then i found a bug! eugh! it was still alive so i stuck it to a post-it note and headed back to the shop!! got my money back and apparently the bug is being sent off for lab tests and i'll get a written apology in a couple of weeks. oh, and they're taking the rest of the strawbs off the shelves cos i told them a lot were moudly looking. gross. but on the good side i'm not feeling peckish anymore...
speeding ticket ali?! bad girl!!
kim - enjoy the shower/wedding. i'm sure if you have a good time you'll feel fine and you'll look fine. think happy thoughts!
oh, and belle, yeah i sometimes feel sad for no reason. i just try to snap myself out of it by thinking all the good things about my life.
best go, only 35 mins of work left!!!
hee hee, see you girls tomorrow,
kirsty
Old 05-10-2001, 12:40 PM   #19  
Running Babe

Kirsty: yes, I was going about 15mph (23 km/h) over the speed limit and got a ticket. I deserved it, the cop even reduced my speed on the ticket so I'd only get 1 demerit point and a lesser fine. I have been kind of driving a little recklessly as of late so it has gotten me to slow down (and the cop was hot).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 05-10-2001, 12:42 PM   #20  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Forgot to tell everyone. Ran to the store last night to see if they had any of the Skinny Cow ice cream treats... they are always sold out... They had one pack left and they were on sale. I was bummed because I wanted to buy a bunch since they were about 50 cents off. Anyhooo, ate one in the car on the way home and was in HEAVEN! Hubby had one too and he loved it. 2 points. They are AWESOME... you have to buy some if they are available in your area! I told hubby he better not eat them today while he is home... I'll kick his butt if he does!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:44 PM   #21  
Running Babe

Tilley: My best friend is about your height and she has made good friends with a tailor near her place. I love Petite clothes length but for jeans and stuff they also reduce the ride on the hips and stuff, which makes them too small.... I wonder if designers have ever seen what real women really look like. Like a novel idea would be to have Petite length clothes to fit petites and average size clothes for us average height women and stuff and tall stuff for tall women.

Good Luck and Take Care!

Ali
Old 05-10-2001, 01:19 PM   #22  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ali, Belle... and others:

Wanna hear something funny (or maybe just plain sad)? Since i'm so short, every pair of paints, jeans, need to be hemmed, cut off, or altered in some way.

However, as of last year the BEST thing has happened to me. Cropped pants came in style. I bought these cropped pants in every color/style that was available - because .....

they are the perfect length on me!! I wear cropped pants as if they were regular pants.

Sad, huh?

Lisa
Old 05-10-2001, 01:50 PM   #23  

Lisa ~ Its not sad...just really great for you! I have a few friends that have done the exact same thing....

Jen ~ I love Skinny Cows, and they are never sold out at my grocery store, but I have heard of people talking about their strawberry ones, never seen them, but would love them, I hope they come around here soon!!!

Ali ~ There is something about a man in uniform....

Kirsty ~ That was a discusting story, I hope they supply you with bug-free strawberries for life!!

Belle ~ I am 5'7" too, I love my height, not too tall, not too short.

Well, eating my turkey wrap and my raspberry iced tea, love it!
Old 05-10-2001, 01:55 PM   #24  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Wow! We are busy!

Hey everyone! I'm here, but haven't even gotten on line till just now. I only have a few moments, so I'll make it super quick. I'm still doing ok on points. I went to McD's last night with some friends and I got the ice cream. I had been craving ice cream (still want the good stuff) so it was pretty good!
One of my best friends had her baby yesterday! I'm going to the hospital right after work. We have church directory pictures tonight with my family, so I can't go later in the evening. I hate those photo sessions!
oh well, just gripy today.
My salad is shouting my name, so have a great afternoon!
Old 05-10-2001, 02:00 PM   #25  

Default Hi Girls!

Hi ladies~~almost Friday!!! Woohoooooo!!!!

I think I may be getting a UTI, I know too much info~ but I had to give up precious points for cranberry juice! I don't usually drink liquid that has points. Oh well, hopefully it will work and I won't have to go to the Docs.

Belle~ as strange as the flower guy can be I know what you mean about it making you feel good because someone has sucha strong attraction to you. Does your bf know about him? Does it make him jealous at all? Your bf sounds like he is starting to acknowledge his real feelings for you though. I know what you mean about being sad for no reason. I go thru all kinds of mood swings. Unfortunately, my poor bf gets hit with most of it.

Ali~ hot cop! You lucky girl...errrr I mean, make sure to slow down

I'm about 5'5 and I'v never had a problem with just getting the regular length. I like to wear men's jeans more though and I usaully get 31 lengths. I like them a little long anyways....hate the flooders look

I'm wicked tired~~I finally got TOM after skipping one month. yuck! I want to look into that new prescription for PMDD because I always get PMS fiercely. It's like clockwork bf says. About a week before TOM anything makes me cry! I mean anything! I'm useless. I'm sure that is part of why I have had bad days last 4-5 days.

Well, I am trying to wrap things up here at work~1 more day...yippeee!!!!

Have a good one!!

Last edited by Suz78; 05-10-2001 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2001, 02:18 PM   #26  
Eve's Mom

Default Rules on how to get a good man.

I saw these online and I thought they might help us single girls!!

1. Just be yourself. Sure it’s an old Brady Bunch standby,
but although you are a paragon of pithiness, this might be the
most difficult one for you to follow, since you’ve been telling
women to be someone else for years. We suggest that, until
you get reacquainted with your own self, your impersonate
someone else’s. We were thinking maybe Martha Stewart.
Hillary? Oprah? Anyone, really.

2. Stop with the self-improvement. Enough with trying to
be “a creature unlike any other.” Clearly you have spent so
much time making up, spraying and bleaching that your
husband ran like a frightened Chihuahua when he first
glimpsed your actual face. We prescribe a strict
no-ornamentation, no-make-up policy, until such time as you
can be trusted to wield a mascara wand without growing
dependent upon it.

3. Go natural. It’s time, my friend, to dispense with
deodorant. Then when the next Mr. Right (note how we refrain
from calling him Mr.
Insane-to-Get-Involved-with-the-Co-Authoress-of-The-Rules)
comes along, you will know he really loves you for yourself.
Or, in your case, for Martha Stewart.

4. Take the lead. This, in response to the Wrong Rules’
stipulation that you never ask a man to dance: Huh? A Right
Rules woman hardly needs a partner in order to dance. A
Right Rules woman frugs freely. A Right Rules woman can
Mony, Mony at her cousin’s wedding all by herself. A Right
Rules woman only has one worry when she’s dancing: Will
she make it out of the mosh pit alive?

5. Shag like a minx, baby. The Wrong Rules insist that we
nutty ladies who happen actually to enjoy gettin’ a little action
“exercise a bit of self-restraint.” The Right Rules state that
you should lay big fat tongue kisses on your man any old
time you want.

6. Drop the coy act. It’s time to address the most notorious
Wrong Rule of all: Don’t Accept A Saturday Night Date After
Wednesday. This is the hardest Wrong Rule to resist, really.
No one wants to appear to be lonesome, to have too much
time on their hands. I think this would be a good moment to
point out the basic flaw of the Wrong Rules: Who would really
want to marry a guy who was susceptible to these ridiculous
Rules? Isn’t it possible that maybe there’s a regular,
stout-hearted guy out there who’d simply be psyched you
were free on Saturday?

7. Remember: Men get lonely too. Say you really are
lonesome for love. Say you spend a lot of Saturday nights at
home alone, or with pals. Don’t you think maybe there’s a
decent fellow out there who doesn’t find that to be a stigma
on the level of, for instance, leprosy? Who understands that
loneliness and vulnerability are the human condition? Who
might be able to celebrate the mutual joy and fulfillment two
lonely people can bring to each other? Just a thought.

8. Get a life. For God’s sake, don’t write another book
Old 05-10-2001, 02:34 PM   #27  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default The perils of being short!

Lisa! My kindred spirit! I wear cropped pants as regular pants, too! All my other pants have the legs cuffed, because I'm too lazy to bother with alterations. (I'll bring stuff to my mom or grandma when I see them to hem for me!) Skirts are a disaster, too. I usually have to roll the waistband over a few times. I have to get coats hemmed, too, which is a pain. My mom keeps telling me to get my own sewing machine, but I have no patience for that.

Ali: Don't get me started on hot cops! Since I cover the police beat for the paper, I deal with cuties all the time. I was drooling over one the other night, actually. Before I met my b/f, at my last paper, I actually dated a cop briefly ... until I found out he was married. Argh! He didn't wear a ring and I found out by accident! It was a bad idea, anyway, with the job and all. So now I date a fellow journalist. At least he understands me!

Belle: Cool list! Amen, sister! I'm not going to stop wearing deodorant, though.

Kirsty: I had to laugh ... you sticking a bug to a Post-it note. Good for you, though!

I haven't been saving points very well for the desserts that will be sure to face me tonight at the shower. For breakfast I had two McDonalds hashbrowns (3 points each), and a meatball sub for lunch. That must have been, what? 12 points or so? (Zero's is a local place and isn't on Dotti's site!) Then I had Baked Ruffles. So I figure I must already be at around 20 for the day. With only 7 left, that's not very good planning. Sigh.

I better get going. I have a few loose ends to tie up before I head out of here at 3:30 p.m. I'm not concentrating well at all, though. I'm excited to see my friend Cindy. I haven't seen her since she moved to Arkansas last June!

Have a good rest of the day ...
Old 05-10-2001, 03:00 PM   #28  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hello!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE AVALANCHE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we kicked butt and we ARE going to win the cup I was done with my candle party and in my car before the second period started! What a great night.

I was doing really well OP. Then I went to that party. I had a small glass of wine and this wonderful pasta salad! It was curly pasta with scallions, cucumbers, some other veggies and a combo of ranch, blue cheese and zesty italian dressing. I have no idea what the points would be so I guessed. I’m going to try to make this salad for the summer b/c it’s very refreshing and could be made low points.

So my boss has been out sick for over a week. My co-worker and I busted our butts to try and cover everything. Well, she comes back and out of everything I did she picks the one thing that wasn’t quite right to bust me in the chops about. I was not happy. Talk about appreciation huh?

Lisa: I E-mailed you in response to the Peter situation. I’m so impressed that you passed up the cake! Keep up the good work. I’ve never bought those egg beaters but I’m def going to have to get some. An omelet sounds wonderful. Maybe I’ll cook for my honey this weekend!

Angie: Way to go on your loss!

Kim: Woohoo!!! Congrats to you too

Kay: !!!!!!! Wow, a whole bunch of losers! You can make it to goal! Our honeymoon cruise was a disaster food/exercise wise. I gained 8 pounds. DH and I swore we were going to work out every day. Yeah, that happened Sarah’s right on how dangerous all the food exposure it. The other thing is all the alcohol!

Kirsty: You are such a travel bug! Take advantage of those long weekends! That would be so cool if you got the job! I have no tips but I’m sending you lucky vibes {{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}} I had a worm in my green pepper once. Disgusting!!

Kim: *hugs* I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better about the clothes situation. I know the feeling of going out shopping and coming home depressed b/c you couldn’t find anything or all of it looked awful. Just keep focusing on the success you have had!

Kim & Lisa: My problem is that I have a high waist, so some things end up being too short on me even though I’m 5’4” My mom had to have stuff hemmed when I was younger. It was a major pain! Oh, and my Mom used to IRON! creases into my jeans. This was not in style and I was mortified. I finally got her to stop doing it after much begging and humilitation.

Gotta run, it's taken me all morning to get his whole post done.

"Be happy. It's one way of being wise." -- Colette
Old 05-10-2001, 05:10 PM   #29  

Default I lost!!

Went to WI this AM and was down 2 lbs!! I'm excited...now i have to stay on track this weekend with the wedding and rehearsal dinner and mothers' day dinner outings...good luck to all-I'll talk more otmorrow!Lori
Old 05-10-2001, 05:27 PM   #30  
Go Avalanche!!

Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job Lori! You can do the wedding/rehearsal this weekend
Closed Thread