View Poll Results: What is your first choice to keep up on current events/news?
Newspaper 1 4.55%
TV 6 27.27%
Radio 2 9.09%
Internet 5 22.73%
Word of mouth. 1 4.55%
Combination of above. 6 27.27%
News? Current Events? Huh??? 1 4.55%
Any other medium I am missing...... 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 12:53 AM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Wacky Wednesday

I'm up late again so I'll start another thread! I chose a combo of the above. I don't have time to read the paper, so most of the time I hear it on the radio or catch it on the net. I'll make sure I find a paper if there's someting I specifically want to read about.

I went to WI and I lost!!! .6 # but I'll take it. I didn't have time to eat dinner, just some peaches so I inadvertantly saved some points today. That's OK. I have a total of 38# gone. I'm only 5# away from virgin fat territory. The Tuesday before my wedding last July I WI at 43 # gone. If I'm really good my Memorial Day goal (down to 155 - 43.4 pounds gone) is reachable. Wow, when I look back at that I realize how far I have come. Yeah, I have gained up to 10 pounds back, but I have never quit and never let myself go back to my original weight! We can all do this. Need to get that exercise in! I think I'll wear my tennis shoes tomorrow and do some walking at work! Send me motivational vibes please

Kirsty: I'm right there with on paying rent. We are so sick of it! We are starting to plan now for a down payment on a house. Big goal but we will do it. I will have to live vicariously through you to experience Paris (for now). I'm so glad you had a good time.

Lisa: Tomorrow errr...today's the day! We will conquer the Kings! Losing is not an option. I have a party tomorrow night *torture* so I will miss at least half the game Ah well, the sacrifices we make -- no matter how painful they may be. It's so much fun to watch them at the bar. I just always end up drinking too much beer and then my resolve not to eat evil appetizers dissappears. Still haven't solved that problem

Suzanne: Thanks for the tip on the Ab-doer. I hadn't heard that but I will def check into it now. My DH is totally into the body building magazines now so I will have him keep an eye out for any articles.

Lolly: Congrats!!!!! What a wonderful loss. Hmmm, dang, no PB spooning every weekend? Darn. I love PB in celery, don't you think the celery should even out the points in PB? Eureka!!!!

KO: Never tried raisins in PB on celery. Sunds wonderful!

Belle: I'm so proud of you for walking! That really will make all the dif in the world! I know you can keep it up *hugs*

Kim: I use proflowers.com and love them. I ordered flowers for my mom too. I was impressed with proflowers b/c the first time I ordered with them was last year for Mom's day and they came to her all wilted. I sent an E-mail letting them know, explained everything, and they made good on their guarantee. Refunded me and now I am a faithful customer. I have to say I was very impressed.

Kay and all who were in Media discussion: Yes, things get very distorted in the Media. Remember Columbine? I'm right here in the Denver Metro area. I have cousins and niece/nephews in HS (not at Columbine). It was very strange to see the reports over the rest of the country versus even the news reports here. In a way it made me mad how they used this tragedy to exploit the lives of the people affected. I never know what to believe anymore wheter it's TV, newspaper or the net. It seems the focus is less on the true story than it should be. V. sad.

Stacey: I can sympathize on being sick of a certain story. I switch the radio evertime I hear ref to Jonbenet Ramsey. You'd think they realize it's been run in the ground!

OK, now I have posted this huge thing and have none of my PL stuff done so I can go to bed. Can we say 3fc's addict?? 'See' everyone tomorrow.......I mean, today.

"Spread your wings and fly! You are on your way to freedom, success and personal growth." -- written to me by a friend an fellow PL Consultant. I thought it was appropriate for all us us as well

Last edited by Brenda N; 05-09-2001 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2001, 04:33 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Just checking in ... I HAVE to go and do some work away from a computer! And then I have to go and buy a dress ... or two. Yup, I just found out I have to wear black for 2 concerts this term (first one is next Monday) and do I have anything black in my wardrobe? NO! I don't want to spend loads on a dress I will hopefully shrink out of soon, but I really need to get something. Hmm. And also a dress for the wedding I'm going to on Saturday. Can't wear black to that because I don't have anything colourful to go with it and I'm not buying yet ANOTHER piece of new clothing. I have to budget! At least now I can go to all the high street shops and find the best deal and not be stuck with Evans (our version of Lane Bryant, only less trendy!). Wish me luck!

I voted for combination on the poll, because I go through phases - sometimes I listen to the radio all the time, sometimes I read several newspapers in a day (depends how much work I am supposed to be doing!), then I can go for days not knowing anything. Plus I have some friends who are into current affairs discussions bigtime - though mainly Spanish stuff. BTW, did you hear Britain has a general election on June 7th? Can't get excited about it though - it's a foregone conclusion. Kirsty, any thoughts?

Back later,
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-09-2001, 05:53 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default METRO!!!

i'm a metro (free newspaper you get on the underground) girl in the morning, and then always on bbc online news during the day. but i'm not really into politics and i fear that with the upcoming election in the UK i shall be forced to not watch/read the news at all for fear of falling asleep. i know labour will get in again but not solve any problems. i don't think conservatives would be any better. i'm sure lib dems would be ok, but no one votes for them. and the other parties are too small, although the scottish national party does do quite well in scotland. i wish lib dems i think. but i expect labour. tony blair scares me though.
lolly - have fun dress shopping.
brenda - hooray on the loss! good luck saving up for a house. i can't wait to be in my own place. our new neighbours downstairs have managed to transfer both our gas and electricity accounts into their name, meaning lots of hassle on my part to get them changed back!! there are two meters for each, but somehow (and it may be people at the companies going wrong) they've taken the wrong one over each time! argh!!
hooray on all the piccies, i love seeing them. the one i posted is also my passport picture but i don't think it looks much like me anymore so i am always glad that they let me back into the country! i will post a more recent one soon i promise. we are a rather good looking bunch i agree!
hey stacey, i remember you saying you were going to exercise every day till the BIG DAY - how's that been going?
i have to go. i am the boss in my department today cos the 3 people above me are on a media law refresher course. so i'm chief and my coworker ben is the deputy. hee hee! so i guess i need to do some work and stop faffing. got to set a good example to young ben.
more laters,
kirsty
Old 05-09-2001, 06:47 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default must work, but struggling

lolly - eurovision song contest is on this saturday!! i emailed you a drinking game for it. are you going to watch it? for those of you who have never heard of it, this is a top night!! every country in europe enters a song and on the night each country performs their song and judges from each country vote (certain countries always vote for each other and those that get "nil points" or are in the bottom few can't take part the next year cos so many want to take part they have to have a selection process!). the winning country hosts the whole thing the next year. it is hilarious, especially because different countries have very different ideas of music. oh, and fashion takes about a decade to get from western to eastern europe. my friend is having a party where we have to bring food/drink from our allocated country and we'll have a sweepstake on the winner. it's where abba first became famous (they sang waterloo). katrina and the waves did the uk entry a few years ago (didn't win but did ok). ooh, i'm all excited!
Old 05-09-2001, 07:14 AM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello Kirsty - got drinking game, thanx, but won't be able to watch (BOO!) as we will be at that wedding on Sat night (YIPPEE!, I think). Eurovision MUST be on American tv, on some cable network or something. People, you have to find it! It's fab! They have songs with gibberish names like Boom-Bang-A-Bang (and yes, that one was British. We are so proud).

Am working v hard today. Well, have planned next stage of chapter and am now playing with writing it up. Then I'm going to get a dress ...

Oh, and re: the election, I think I agree about LibDems, ie, they have the most sympathetic ideas but a snowflake's chance in **** of getting in. Maybe we should all vote Natural Law and start yogic flying. It must be depressing in US with only 2 parties.

Lxxx
Old 05-09-2001, 07:54 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default eurovision on the web

i'm not sure if you can see it on cable tv in the states or canada, but if you can access the internet you can watch it there on
http://esc2001.dr.dk/
denmark won it last year, so they are the host nation this time.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:40 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Lolly, Kirsten, and Brenda!

Brenda - we will win tonight. We HAVE to. I commend the Kings on working hard - but the Avs are the better team and the Avs deserve the cup. GO AVS! Also, Sakic had a day to rest, so I think he'll be looking better. And congrats on the .6 - you really have come far!

Yesterday I was asked to lunch by an old co-worker, so I went. I was SO close to getting the fried buffalo chicken sandwhich with fries!!!! But I got chicken sir fry. I had that and a piece of bread from the bread basket - so still I estimated 14 points for lunch, but I guess it could have been worse.

I found this picture from October - when I was at my heaviest - UGH. Can I just tell you I looked uncomforatable. Anyway, I'm going to scan that in and scan in a ercent pic, so I can show off my progress.

Ladies - have a great hump-day.

GO AVALANCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Lisa
Old 05-09-2001, 09:04 AM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

working working working ...

Can you tell I'm procrastinating?

Lisa - looking forward to seeing your photos! Great idea to post a 'before' and an 'after'. And good going on lunch yesterday - I don't know what buffalo chicken is but it sounds yummy in that greasy, not-very-good-for-you-but-sometimes-oh-so-necessary kind of way.

Laters!
Lxxx

ps:- found this picture on my computer, don't know where it came from, but it's so cute! And isn't it just the opposite of what we all go through when we look in the mirror? Maybe we should all try and be more like this kitty ...
Old 05-09-2001, 09:07 AM   #9  
Running Babe

We have the natural law party in Canada as well!! It was run partly be the late magician Doug Henning.

My roomate opened up a Pandora's box with me. He asked me how I felt about getting a cat.... Now I want one, oh well... (I am at my parent's currently and my cat is being so cute).

Anyhoo, I have Orientation at work tomorrow evening so hopefully taht will go well, I am just glad I got a job. I also have a parking spot It was funny though, I was getting a video store membership card yesterday and I needed a credit card and my liscence. My liscence pic was taken when I was about 225lbs or so and my hair colour was different, she kind of looked shocked, luckily she believed it was me, it was kind of funny though seeing her reaction.

I am off to go shoe shopping and to have lunch at a veggie restaurant with my parent's.

Hello to everyone.... I need at home internet access

Take Care!

Ali
Old 05-09-2001, 09:10 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default i am catwoman...

...hear me roar!

belle - how's the running? i did another 25 mins today. bit tough halfway through cos i got a bit of a stitch but i made it! i'm still always amazed i can get past the first few minutes without realising it. when i first started i was struggling to get to a minute, and boy, i really enjoyed the walking times!! anyone else interested in following the program it's at
http://kicksports.com/new/couch.shtml
hello ali! good to hear you've got a parking spot! have fun at lunch with your folks.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:15 AM   #11  
flibbertobbergenie!

Kirsty, you are obviously as focused on your work as I am! RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!

Hi there Ali - good news on the parking spot. YOU MUST GET A CAT!!! And then post hundreds of pictures of it ... I totally get cat withdrawal symptoms after I've visited mine at my parents' place.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:28 AM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

RRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-09-2001, 10:03 AM   #13  

Default Catch up

Wow, there were so many posts to catch up on since Monday afternoon. I love the pictures thread. I wish I could post too. Everyone is so lovely and it is so fun to put a face with a name. Funny how some people look nothing like I would have pictured.

Well Monday evening was fine. Had a short workout at the gym and ate my max., At least I had earned a few points to cpmensate for the weekend. Yesterday I was in Annapolis, finally go my laptop so it will be easier to work from hom. I ate very well yesterday, better than I realized when I added my points this morning. I was at 20.5. I was able to save 4.5 plus earn 5 exercise points. I still want to save 10 per day until WI. I don't know how I can do that becasye I may have to have some short sessions at the gym this week. It has gotten very busy. Tomorrow night I have graduation rehearsal and Friday I have to go meet witha teacher during the day. I am working from home but feel bad about going out too much.

I also just found out that BareNaked Ladies toickets go on sale Friday morning at 10am. how are we supposed to get tickets?? I am worried that DH will expect me to go wait in line since I am working from home and I jst don't think it's right. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

So how is everyone's hump day going? the boards have been so busy lately. I will try to check in a few times today and maybe tomorrow and Friday depending on how work goes. I do like the idea of being home though.

Kay - your bridesmaids dress was the same one I wore last summer in sky blue. It was lovely. I lovve your dress as well.

Belle - Great on the walking. I hope you are able to keep it up!

Lolly - Have fun buying new dresses. I know that it is kind of annoying to need new clothes for only a short time.

Kirsty - you are doing great with you running. How far do you run? I didn't do a full mile yesterday, got too tired.

Ok, I better go. Hi to Stacey, Brenda, Trish, Tonya, Shaylene, Ali, Jen, Angie et al. Talk to you later!

Sarah
194.4/160.6/153WW
Old 05-09-2001, 10:03 AM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Morning!

My boss is late this morning so I have a few moments to spare. Well, I gained 1# last night! It was frustrating but my "bad" week before last finally caught up with me. I will be such an "angel" this week! Honestly! Too bad my Memorial Day goal is shot to heck. Maybe I can make it to 180 by Memorial Day. Hmmm, we'll see.
Well, I have a closing this afternoon so I'd better get busy on the file.
Have a great hump day and hopefully I'll be back later.
ps... Yeah! Brenda, way to go on your loss!!!!!
pps...Ali, def get a cat!! I love my Goofy! I want another, too, but my fiance would croak. Besides, we're getting a dog after the honeymoon. Brett thinks it's "compromising" instead of children. hehe little does he know!! There is a website called www.petsandpeople.com they are based in Oklahoma and rescue animals from the shelters before it's too late. They give the animals a checkup and any shots needed and you can adopt them for like $40!! So, I keep checking the website and getting all sappy at the cute puppies and kittens. If you go there, look at Dillion, the cutest puppy in the whole world!!
NOW, I must get to work. I keep minimizing my window when I hear the door open/close.
I'll be back...
Old 05-09-2001, 10:58 AM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Ali, Stacy, and Sarah,

Good to hear from you ladies. I'm not much of a cat person. I like dogs. Big ones.

Sarah - good luck with BNL tickets. I know they go fast. That should be a fun show.

I think a male co-worker subconsciously noticed that I have lost weight. He asked "Did you do something different with you hair?" I said no. He asked "Did you go tanning?" I said no. So he goes, "well something's different. But whatever it is - you look really nice." I just said thank you and moved on. No reason to give away my secret!!

Lisa
Closed Thread