View Poll Results: What is your favorite thing to shop for?
Shoes 2 10.53%
Make-up 0 0%
Hair Accessories etc. 0 0%
Groceries (hmmm...'good' food or 'bad' food? 2 10.53%
Jeans, pants, trousers etc. 0 0%
Shirts, jackets, blouses, tops etc. 3 15.79%
Purses 1 5.26%
Home Decor -- Inside and Out 6 31.58%
Gifts 0 0%
Other - please share! 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 12:17 PM   #31  
A Yankee in Virginia

OK, I'll start one. Everyone who's already posted pics, please post them again on the photo thread!
Old 05-08-2001, 12:32 PM   #32  
Scotland's finest export

Default in case you miss it on the photo thread

hmm, only problem with the photo thread might be the time it will take as we get more and bigger piccies on it...
not sure what to do about that. maybe someone that has a webpage could save them all to that as thumbnails and we could go visit it? i dunno. but here's one of me (about five years old, no, i'm not 5 years old, the photo is!) that can keep you going till i get to a scanner and post a nicer one (i'm prob about 20 pounds heavier in it). and i think the colour is a bit odd, but there you go (blame my friend cos i nicked it off his website).
kirsty
Old 05-08-2001, 01:16 PM   #33  
Eve's Mom

Default POINTS BOOSTER!??

Can anyone tell me what 65 min of moderate walking is at my weight for points?? Need to know how many I earned today walking to work

Please let me know if you have your slider handy!

Thanks!

Belle
Old 05-08-2001, 01:26 PM   #34  
Go Avalanche!!

Haven't had time to read all the posts yet, but just a couple of things!

Thank you so much for all the compliments! It means a lot.

Jen: I do have long hair, it's just tucked around to the other side in the pic. I need to get some wedding pics scanned/on disk so I can put those out.

Stacey: See above....I'm dying to show you my dresses

Kim: Your dogs are sooo cute!!!

To all: Trish is doing well but is restricted on internet time at work. She was going to try and catch up some today.

OK, gotta actually get some work done. Check out this quote though...I love it!!

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -- James M. Barrie
Old 05-08-2001, 01:27 PM   #35  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Belle!!

It's 5 points! You go girl
Old 05-08-2001, 01:42 PM   #36  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Frozen Dinner Alert!!

I am eating the LC Southern Beef Tips in bbq sauce w/ oven roasted potatoes. The potatoes are ok, not the best, but the beef in bbq sauce is awesome!!! I just wanted to share!
Kirsty: Wow! Great picture! You don't look overweight at all in that pic!!! Lucky Ducky!
Old 05-08-2001, 01:47 PM   #37  
Parrothead

Default Just a fast note today!

Brenda ~ Fabulous pic!!! Your pup is so sweet . My best friend had one that looks the same. Hers is HUGE now and named Bailey.

Stacey ~ I didn't wear the gloves for the wedding. I can't handle anything on my hands for very long. I had a shawl to wear in church and my veil was over my sholders. I thought the gloves would have been too much for the simplicity of the dress. My dress and the BM dresses were so comfy. I wish I could wear it again but 1. people would think I'm a freak and 2. It is too big for me now.

Kirsty ~ Great Photo even if it is 5 years old!

As far as the press goes, I used to believe everything I saw, but now I don't. I don't know if any of ya'll heard about it but a couple of years ago there was a tragic bonfire collapse at my university and 12 people died. Well my DH was still in school at the time and a friend of his was one of the ones killed. I was in Houston working and was watching cnn online all day long trying to get info. Once the phone lines were clearer I was able to compare stories with DH (then fiance). It was so weird how far the truth was from what the media was telling the public. I assume there is a reason things are mutated on TV, but it made the situation much more difficult for those of us with friends on site. I agree with Kim in that the print media (non tabloid) tends to be much more accurate.

Well, I gotta run now! Hi to everyone!

Kay
Old 05-08-2001, 02:03 PM   #38  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello to everyone. I have MAJOR internet police here now so I am trying to figure out how much time is allowed. AHHH. Very bad for me.

Well, I have been doing ok food wise. I missed weigh in Sat due to conflict of schedule but will be back this weekend.

Lolly: Great loss!!! I LOVE PBJ. I have recently read that the low fat kind is not that goo dfor you but that small quantities of the real kind is one of the most nutritions things you can eat.

Brenda: Such a cute picture!

Kirsty: Paris sounds like fun...and your picture is great. You realy do have blond hair.

I will have hubby scan a pic tonight if I can get him to.

Jen: that is great that you are getting the dog out in the mornings. My dog will do funny stuff like yours. It is strange but so cute. I love that pic of you and hubby . It is really good.

Kim: great pic with you and BF!

KO: How did the exam go?

Ok, sorry I did not get to reply to eveyrone. I have to get off line. Happy day and i will check back later.

Trish
Old 05-08-2001, 02:46 PM   #39  
Eve's Mom

Default PBJ

Brenda thanks for the points count - woo hoo!! If I walk each day that will ROCK!!! I won't use them, but I will eat to 31 points if I am hungry to. I go to a new category soon and I don't want to get used to eating too many points....how many boosters are we allowed per day again? I think its only 2 anyway....?

I too love peanut butter - I eat it on apples. Its high count but worth it AND it IS nutritious, so I justify it there....

We are a good looking bunch....!!!! Wow! Kirsty - that is JUST how I thought you'd look!!

Well, back to the grind!

Belle
Old 05-08-2001, 03:09 PM   #40  

Default Ahhhhh!

My boss is driving me crazy today! I can't wait till Friday when I leave and never come back!!!

Just a little vent
Old 05-08-2001, 03:27 PM   #41  
flibbertobbergenie!

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh i want to post a piccie too! Great photos everyone ... does anyone know how to make a 'sticky' like they have on the WW General thread? That way we could keep the photos at the top and they wouldn't get lost ...

Just had formal dinner in college (ie you have to wear an academic gown and get served at the table). I am supposed to go to these far more often than I do - but these are NOT OP dinners! Fortunately no wine today, and fruit salad for dessert, so that helped. Starter was asparagus soup (YUM!), then steak, green beans and croquet potatoes (so classy, I know ... I guess they weren't making too much of an effort tonight). Tomorrow is steamed fish so I might go along again. I can't wait to have my own apartment and cook for myself! (August ...)

Ooh, Belle, peanut butter and apple, that sounds yummy. And Trish, I know PB is so nutritious - all that protein - but I am physically incapable of not spooning it. Really! I think I need a chip in my brain or something ... Why do you think PB is so addictive?

Kim - your doggies are gorgeous! I will have to do a picture of my Jennyanydots when I finally get to a scanner.

Suzanne - YIPPEE! Only 3 more days to go! I forget, do you have something else lined up, or were you thinking about taking some time out?

Trish - eek! Internet police! Post when you can, won't you? We miss you!

hugs everyone,
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-08-2001, 03:58 PM   #42  
A Yankee in Virginia

I love all the pics! Kirsty, you're gorgeous! We really are a good looking bunch! Doesn't hurt to gloat a little, does it?

Kay: I know what you mean about things getting distorted in the media. Oftentimes, I think it comes from the fact that the authorities are so closed-mouthed about things and don't tell everything ... speculation arises as a result. I have a heck of a time with the police departments I deal with sometimes. It gets very frustrating. If they'd just be open about stuff, it would help everyone. And the public doesn't always realize that the media is acting on their behalf ... it's not that we're trying to be pains, we're just trying to tell the truth about what happened. At least, that's my philsophy!

Ah! My computer won't let me read the other posts, so now I forget what everyone said! Sorry! I gotta run anyway. I'm going on a ridealong with a cop friend of mine tonight and have some work to get done first!
Old 05-08-2001, 04:04 PM   #43  
A Yankee in Virginia

Brenda: Post your photo on the photo thread!
Old 05-08-2001, 04:49 PM   #44  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Here is one of my favorite pics of Emma. I know her hair is a mess, but her eyes got real wide when she saw the camera.
Old 05-08-2001, 04:51 PM   #45  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I promise this will be my very last pic but I have a picture of Sarah starting grade 1. It is a little blurry
Closed Thread