Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 12:35 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Lightbulb

Ok....I know I've been telling you all that I've been at a stand still as per weight loss and just started losing again. For the past few months it's been more inches than weight and that was ok for a while...but now I want to REALLY see that scale start going down. I've tried on my last suit until I see 160 on that scale. I am totally disgusted with the way ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING in the stores fit so I'll just stick with the few I've got. I've been teeter-tottering between 178-180.......SO - At the risk of making a complete fool out of myself ...... I'm baring all to my Owls. Here is a picture I took LITERALLY 10 mis. ago. (It's a really bad hair day, hense the hat ..... my lawyer never saw me this casual before and asked if I was ok...lol) It's not a great one but shows all my "BAD" spots...like my humongous thighs and the waist that is supposed to be there but just isn't. Anyway, I figured that if I can bare it all to you....then I'll have the picture on here to keep me motivated because I really don't like the way I look but it sure is alot better than the 217 I was at....it's all how I look at it. So, heeeeeeer's Pammy.

Last edited by PJ; 05-03-2001 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:10 PM   #2  

Hey girl,

Hang in there you are doing wonderful. It sure is awful when we have to try on clothes. I know how you feel I did it last week and didn't buy a thing cuz I just couldn't stant myself.
Bren
Old 05-13-2001, 05:59 PM   #3  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default I missed this earlier....

...and I don't think you look bad to me PJ....and you have really come down from 217 ! I think it looks like you have lots of muscle especially in your legs. You just keep up the good work PJ....You are inspiring!!!

emmy
Old 05-13-2001, 06:38 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Aww Em - You are so kind.......you made my day. Especially since I went back to bed until around 4:30 this afternoon. I was coughing up alot of "junk" and just feeling very, very weak. I just can't seem to shake this thing. Anyway, I couldn't stand it any longer and just got my suit on and laid out in the pool for a while. Got a little color too (badly needed as I haven't been in the sun for a while except for my gardening and I wear shades and a hat. LOL). Anyway, I wound up skimming what little bit of dog hair there was since Max and Bill and the kids were in all day while I was in bed. It felt good to use my arm muscles so I started to do a little water aerobics and before I knew it, over an hour had passed. I took a shower and am ready for bed...LOL.....

Actually, I DID get dressed but I'm so tired. Bill told me to just relax and if I felt like it....go back to bed. He's barbecuing for the kids and their friends. I feel bad but I also feel "bad" so I'm not going to sweat it.

Thanks so much for the compliments Emmy. It really helps me. Especially the part about my legs. The BOTTOM part of my body is the real problem and I've been working hard at biking and walking. Guess it finally is showing being you're about the 5th person who said it this week. Thanks again Em, have a WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY!

Hugs to you,
Old 05-18-2001, 12:25 PM   #5  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi Pammy,
I am sot sure we have "met" before, but i am Marion, and have posting in the over 100 club for a few years now. But now i am branching out and starting over, my goal because i need lots of support cause i just started over, is to post on 1 new board everyday.......today you get to be the lucky/unlucky one, hehe. I have a question for you thought, we just bought a pool this year and i would like to be able to do water aerobics too!!! How did you get started??? is it just your own program or did you go somewhere to learn it?? Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, and hopefully be able to help me out :-)

Marion
252/232/126
Old 05-18-2001, 01:22 PM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Hi Marion~

I learned some basic exercises that are for specific areas and wont hurt my back or neck as I was in an accident in 2/99 and went to physical therapy. Part of that therapy was in the pool. So, I use a little of what they taught me but also use what I already knew. I used to take dance and did my "stretches" in the water. I used the "deck" of the pool like a "bar" that you would have in a dance class to put my legs up. I start out a little different than alot of people though and I am told that this is the CORRECT way to "stretch and warm-up". I start out doing my exercises by jogging in place S L O W L Y ....working my way up to a quick jog. This lasts for 20 mis. Your body will then be "warmed up" and that is when I start using the "water weights" that you can buy in just about any pool supply store or online. Before I bought them, I used a regular ball. It's just to make a type of "resistance" to work against which helps to firm you up and believe me, you CAN sweat in a pool. LOL....

If you don't already have one, it's a good idea to have an outside clock somewhere for you to keep track of your time.
If you want some really good tips and exercises.....just click on SEARCH on your computer and type in POOL EXERCISES or WATER AEROBICS. You'll be amazed at all the links that will pop up and you can then print out the ones you're interested in. It's also a good idea to BOOKMARK any of the sites that you like best or subscribe to their updates or daily emails as they always have new ideas and exercises.
Good luck and email me any time and we can share in our WATER fun. By the way, my IM name is resler41
Have a good one Marion.
~Pamela~
Old 05-18-2001, 03:02 PM   #7  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi Pam,
Thanks for responding so quickly, i am going to try the search later...........hopefully i can use my pool sometime soon!!!!! Its been pretty chilly around here..brrrr......We have had the pool almost 2 weeks, and i havent even taken a dip!!!!!

I added you to my buddy list, is that an aol instant messenger name??

talk to you later

Marion
Old 05-18-2001, 03:12 PM   #8  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Yes, that is an AOL IM name. I only use AOL for the IM. My daughter uses it alot more than I do. I've added you to mine as well. Hope to see you there.
Closed Thread