Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 03:04 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr olds #33

G'day all,

I have been home a few days but unfortunetly I have been quite sick with a cold/flu or whatever
I went to the doctors today and I have infected sinuses so I now have some antibiotics and hopefully will start to feel a bit better soon.

'See' you all tomorrow.......

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  
Net browser

Maria sorry that you have been sick with a flu/cold. It sure can knock you down. I hope you will soon be feeling better. Take care of yourself. Bye for now.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:41 AM   #3  

Maria hope you are feeling better soon. Whatever it is, it must be going around the world. I think everyone has something. Take care.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #4  

Ann hope your DH is better today. I know what you mean by the flat surface syndrome. We have that same problem. Glad your DD will be here for you while you have surgery. I miss mine even tho we didn't spend alot of time together we spoke almost every day. She is one busy girl. Seems to have gotten busier since school started again.

Maria sorry you sick. Not a good thing to come home to be!!

Slavika 2.2# is a great thing!!!

Have to go and get ready to go to Tampa with DH we are picking up his new glasses today.

We had good news yesterday Of the $16,000 hospital bill we had to run up in August. We will only have to pay $250.00 the insurance picked up the rest. That was a biggggggggg ! relief off our minds.

Sprout is growing like a weed. We take him for a shot next week and we'll see how much he has gained. He does like to eat!

Karen
Old 10-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Wink Hi friends..

Maria I hope you have better luck shaking the flu/cold than I am having. I still have a sore throat and do so much sneezing. I can't believe I got the flu in the first place. It sure does lay you flat though. Hope you feel better soon. I am still feeling quite rough.
Karen How big is Sprout supposed to get? He sure is a cute little bundle right now. Do you give him special food? I watched a re-run of Sex & The City the other night and the character Charlotte got a Blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that I would have just loved. Been thinking about getting a dog ever since. They sure can warm our hearts. You sure got lucky with that medical bill.

I went to Tea Time with our Slavika yesterday. That was the highlight of my week so far.

Had anyone else besides Slavika and me been watching "The Biggest Loser" on TV? I won't be suprised it a contestant or two has a heart attack on the program. These completely unfit, obese people are just starving themselves and exercising until they throw up. The first week they lost big, but this last week the losses were small to none. I feel sorry for them and their desperation.

See you all later...
Old 10-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Trudy - Omigosh! I wondered about "The Big Loser", but since I really do detest reality shows, I didn't want to see it. Just sounds like a surefire way to cause someone real harm! You guys aren't supposed to get the flu yet, are you? Leon and I were up one whole night, just so sick. We spent yesterday recuperating. I went at 5 to MacDonald's to get strawberry shakes and a young man ran a stoplight and hit my car in the back passenger side. Just ruined my milkshake! (and my door!) Anyway, we were both okay, but I am having some bad karma--sprained back, stomach virus, and wreck. Ready for some good stuff now. My sweet man just said, "Are you all right?" Several asked if he were mad--can you imagine!!!!

Karen - so glad for you with that bill. That takes a load off the mind. I can't remember why you thought you might have to pay in the first place--didn'[t you know your insurance was this good? If not, you can be happy now. You are in good hands (or whatever the slogan is).

My back is back to hurting, thanks to a little car accident. I might be seeing my chiropractor more than I wished to afterall. Poor kid who hit me didn't know he was hitting the mother of a lawyer. My son has given me all this advice, but it is fair, just stuff I never knew before.
Glenda
Old 10-27-2004, 06:53 PM   #7  

Glenda this was the first time we had ever used this insurance that we had through the military retired part. So that is why we were wondering. When we were told that it would be that way it just sounded to good to be true. So we held our breath until we say it in Black and White. Sorry about your shake oh! and your car too. Hope your back is better soon

Trudy Sprouts mommy was 8 pounds and his Daddy was 10 pounds so he expected to be no more than 10 pounds. We feed him puppy food for small breed dogs. He doesn't eat much only about a cup of food through out the day. Plus we give him a couple of treat snacks a day. No table food don't want to ruin him and make him fat!

I haven't seen the Big losser show we watch The top Model show and Survivor that is enough for now.

Karen
Old 10-27-2004, 09:35 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Cool On the countdown

Hi Everyone:

Maria: So sorry that you are sick. flu is bad stuff. I'm trying to keep away from people. I don't want it that is for sure. Get well soon.

Glenda: So sorry about your accident, and especially the ruined shake: Hope your back will improve quickly. An accident like that does shake a person up, more than we think.

Slavkia:Congrats on the weight loss. you are doing great. And I just can't believe that I am so stressed! :

Trudy: Hope you can shake the remains of your flu away. No fun to fell bad for such a long time.

Karen: Glad your insurance kicked in the way you had hoped. Sprout will probably be about the size of our Cuddles. She weighs about 9lbs. And she only eats about 1/2 cup of dry dog food a day. But I make her little turkey/beef burgers that she gets mixed in with the dry food. About an ounce of meat. She never liked any of the canned dog food. She has large nuggets available all day and of course she gets her treats. She likes the 'Greenie" toothbrush shaped chews. They are good for the teeth.

Got to go out and see if the eclipse has started. Another fairly sleepless night, so to be early again. Hi Peggy, and Lily "See' you all tomorrow. Ann
Old 10-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #9  

G'day all,

Today is the first day that I feel reasonable again, boy it certainly hit me for 6.
It has been good to read all the posts

Glenda sorry to hear about your little 'bingle' in your car. Besides now having a bad back again , what a nuisance to get the car fixed etc. etc.

KAren what great news having your insurance cover most of your medical bills, you must have been thrilled. Happy to hear 'our' Sprout is thriving

Trudy We don't have the show you speak of, so cannot comment. It does amaze me though that people volunteer to be part of these type of shows.

Slavika great loss again, well done.

Ann I can imagine the last thing you need at the moment is the flu but I think Trudy passed it on to me , so just be careful!
Your dog 'Cuddles' has a very 'sad' life with you I must say I used to cook special food for my 2 pappilions when I had them, they were spoilt but very sweet and good company.

Peggy I think you are right, the world is such a small place now and we all seem to be affected by similar ailments.

DH is home tonight and we have 3 weeks holiday. We will be spending the three weeks getting organised for a 6 month stay in Sydney. We are leaving Adelaide on November 21.
I have gotten used to the idea and this time it won't be too bad. We are renting a fully furnished apartment as opposed to the serviced apartments we have had in the past. The apartment has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large 'sweeping balconies' and overlooks the harbour. It is a short ferry right into the CBD of Sydney. The apartment is not so much in the tourist area and it should be alot more like home.
It is right next door to a rather famous factory shopping outlet (http://www.birkenheadsc.com.au/home.amx) where there is also a huge supermarket.
I have not lost any more weight, the weekend in Sydney was just hopeless, I did try and choose the right things and I am happy that I did not gain any.
So my aims for the next 6 months are to get to that goal weight and get the scrapbooks done for my children.

That is all for now.......
Cheers
Maria
Old 10-28-2004, 08:45 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Did anyone see the eclipse last night. I stayed up long enough to see it and they were right, at least here, that it was the Hunter's moon, because it was a real reddish color once the eclipse was total. Can you imagine what the ancient people used to think of something like this when they had no understanding of what was happening.

DH is feeling better today from his epidural. Hurrah So there is hope after all.
I was beginning to think nothing was going to help him.

Looking forward to DD coming Sunday. We have always been very close. We sort of speak the same language, I guess. Our personalities are a lot alike.

Had lunch with a friend today and we had a good visit and vented to each other about the problems with husbands when they are sick, or just don't feel well. I am beginning to think that most men are alike in that department.

Hope you all are doing well. "See" you tomorrow. Have my pre-op tests tomorrow a.m. Don't know just exactly what that entails but will before too long. Good night all. Ann
Old 10-29-2004, 01:05 PM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Ann...how did your pre-op tests go this morning? We couldn't see the eclipse because of all the cloud cover but I did go outside and try. We have had so much damp and rain that it is getting somewhat depressing.

Glenda.....sorry about the accident, but happy that it is just your car and not you that was damaged. I was "really" sorry to hear about the ruined milkshake though......hee hee How's your back today?

Maria, how are you feeling now? People are getting the flu/colds on our side of the world too. I will go and have a look at the web address you gave us. Ahh shopping one of my favorite sports.

Karen, so "our" Sprout is not going to be a very big doggie? How's he getting along with everybody? Has he "met" any other four legged critters?

Lily....how are you doing? Have you left your job at WW now and just become a member only? I can't believe that the people on that "loser" show work so hard and the results are so small. Next time they should just join WW and buy a treadmill or join a wellness center.

Yesterday was our grandson's 11th birthday and tonight Papa and I are taking out the family for chinese food (grandson's chose). Later we will come back here so that he can open his birthday gifts and have birthday cake. On Saturday he and friends are going to one of those "wall climbing" places and then he is having them sleep over, so the Princess is spending Saturday night here with us.

Peggy.....how are you doing? Has your DH managed to find someplace to store all his tools? What kind of weather are you having these days?

Trudy ....go ahead and get a new little puppy and then if you go away DH and I would be happy to puppy sit.

Talk to you all later. Bye for now.

Last edited by slavika; 10-29-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #12  

G'day all,

At last starting to feel much better other than I feel very tired as though I have done a week of manual labour, when I have done absolutely nothing since returning home on Monday

The weather here is very warm again, hope it cools down a little next week when we will prepare the garden for our long abscence.

I have promised to get a newsletter done for our local cricket club. I had better get on with that seeing I am a week behind schedule due to this rotten cold/flu bug

Lovely having dh home again, had a good sleep last night which certainly makes all the difference

Hi to everyone, hope you all have a great weekend......

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #13  

Happy Halloween

Tried to post last night but lost it so gave up in disgust

Sprout has met a few other barking dogs and one who was friendly. But he loves people and will go to any one who stops to talk.

He is walking really well on a leash and is going pretty far. it gets me out of the house and now SIL has started walking with us so she is doing something other than stay in the house.

Ann was wondering how the pre op testing went? And how is DH doing today?

Skavika I can't believe your GS is 11 years old already. We sure have part of each others lives for a long time now.

SIL brought her sewing machine back with her the last time she visited her Daughter. So I have began making new throw pillows to go on the bed. and will be making Valance's to match over the week end. Haven't got back to quilting yet but plane to begin again. Just need to find time. How did I ever find time to work. Retirement is one long weekend and we always seem to be going and doing something.

Trudy how you doing.

Maria I'm glad your feeling better.

Lily I too have been wondering if you quit your WW job? And have just become a member? Being a member is nice. No muss no fuss just go and enjoy. I had forgotten how much i enjoyed just sitting and sharing.

Well I'm going to make some decaf and watch Dateline so check in with all of you later.

Karen
Old 10-30-2004, 03:58 AM   #14  
Super Surfer

Unhappy sometimes sleep just isn't an option

Tonight is just one of those nights. It is 2:55 am and I just can't sleep at all. I have been up and down since midnight, turned on the tv 1/2 doz times, tried to read and now decided to come here and see what is new. Why is it, I can be tired, but just not able to turn off my mind. I have been managing 4 -6 hours a night, 2 hours at a time for a while now, but things are worse tonight. Of course, DH has been sleeping since 11:00 pm. It sure can make me crazy. I guess the rest of you are all sound alseep, except Maria, who is probably enjoying her Saturday.
Maybe a few games on MSN will help. If I survive the night, I will see you later.... bye for now..
Old 10-30-2004, 11:37 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Wink

Oh Trudy: I sure can identify with your sleepless nights. I always blame it on the full moon I get up and go out in the living room and do cross word puzzles until my brain just gets tired out.

The pre-op was fine, and i haven't had any calls so i guess i passed. I had to answer a gazillion questions, and they took some blood and then did an EKG. So it was quite simple, oh and I got a lot of instructions for the actual day. What to wear and not to wear. And my diet. It is a good thing I like jello as I think I will be having a lot of that for a few days.

We had a SHOWTIME at the clubhouse tonight. A very good entertainer. And very quick witted. he had us all laughing a lot. and a good singer too. He finished up with Music of the Night from Phantom. Very good.

And now we get an extra Hour of sleep since it it fall back with the clocks.
Tomorrow my DD comes to be here for two weeks. I'm looking forward to having her here.

DH is doing better after his epidural. It has seemed to make a difference. I am glad for that. Today we went to Sam's club and I stocked up on all sorts of stuff, since I know I won't be making that trip for a while.

Hope everyone is having a Happy weekend, and with all the little 'trick or treaters. we miss that here in the adult only park.

Will check back tomorrow. Ann
Closed Thread