Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:38 PM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's and fit 50's #165

I will write more in a few. I just wanted to get this started.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week.
Terri

OK I'm back.

Es,
How did the dinner go? The spinach lasagna sounds wonderful. MMMMmmmmm!
Actually I changed my mind. I am doing CORE again. I love it. When I get tired of it I will do flex. I love that we have a choice.

Zoe,
Don't blame you for not wanting to look at that pig. Did you see Survivor when the tribe had that pig on the stick? We all screamed and hid our heads. Bruce was laughing at us so hard.
You will get it together with the program. We are here for you.
I don't know what the referral is. Keep us posted if you find out.

Ruth,
CONGRATS Grandma. That is awesome. I'll bet he is so cute. I hope the new mommy is doing better now. with the program.

Lana,
Congrats on the loss.

Jen,
Too funny about the black shoes. MEN!!! They are so cute.
Glad Brandon's bd celebration was a success.

We went to the Jam all weekend. I had grilled chicken on a stick. It was CORE and it was delicious. I had a total of 5 extra points the whole weekend. I had 2 beers and a few potato "chips." They were planned. The grilled teriaki chicken was too good to eat things that were "Bad." I am so glad they had that.
The bands were so good. It was a really fun weekend.

TTYL,
Terri

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri

Last edited by points; 09-27-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
Congratulation on the birth of the newest little angel! I hope your daughter is okay, it sounds like she had a tough time of it. My best to your family.

Terri,
Glad you had a great time at the Jam

Es,
The spinach lasagne sounds good. Hope you had a nice visit.

Zoe,
I don't know what the heck a referral is on this site.

~Jen
Old 09-27-2004, 10:36 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Ruthie - Congrats on the new grandson, and another beautiful name. Send pics when you can. Sorry to hear your daughter had a hard time and hope she recovers quickly.

Well, went to work today and it was rough - I have 4 Board committee meetings I'm setting up and preparing materials for all in the same week! Too much stress, I have a feeling that's why I got sick in the first place. And tomorrow the weather here is supposed to be pretty awful. Oh, well, what can you do........***** and moan, like I'm doing now

Terri - that chicken terri-acky (chicken named after you) sounds great - glad you had a good time. I still haven't checked out the CORE program yet. I lost 2 lbs this week for a total of 4, but that probably had a lot to do with being sick. I'll take it, anyway I can get it though

Well, gotta go to bed, I'm pooped.

Hi Es, Jen, ZoeGirl, Linda, Janie, Sandy and Lana

Talk to you's tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Attached Images
File Type: gif Baby_crawling.gif (10.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by dpadro; 09-27-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:34 PM   #4  

Dianne,
You are too funny. I hope you are feeling better.
2 pounds down is wonderful.
I hope work gets less stressful.

I just got off the bowflex and treadmill. Feels good.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 09-29-2004, 07:14 AM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hey there y'all.....just checking in for a moment, before getting ready for work. I'll be back...............just wanted to say hi

Me <><
Old 09-29-2004, 07:51 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Great loss! and hope you're feeling better.

HI to all
~Jen
Old 09-29-2004, 09:22 AM   #7  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Red face

I'm playing hookie from work today. Pete's off. We hardly ever spend time together so I decided what the heck I'll take off & hang out with him today.

Terri, where do you keep the bowflex? It's a big machine! WTG! JAM weekend must of been so cool. 5 points a whole weekend!!!

Amiga, take care of yourself. Work stress can make us sick. I've been there many times. It's not worth it. Congrats on your loss! :

Ruth, must be nice having a new grandchild. Give him a hug for me.

Someone asked if the spinach lasagna is WW. Believe it or not Points Police gave me the recipe. You layer it with ground turkey, lite ricotta, part skim mozerrella & spinach. I use Ragu tomato & garlic sauce & the oven ready lasagna. It's so easy to make & so good.

WW at Work is going well. We have 17 people. I called the main center & as soon as everybody pays a leader will pick up the money & then we start the following week. Our meetings will be Mondays at 1:00. Can't wait.

Well my friends, gotta go. I'll be back later.

Hugs to all,
Es
Old 09-29-2004, 08:32 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

It's a beautiful full moon out there, or has been for a few days. What gorgeous weather we've been having...sunny and 70 during the day then very cool at night. Good cuddling weather at night!

At work we've been catching up on some data entry, etc., so I have been there late for two nights. Yesterday was the longest...was there from 7 am till 7 p.m.
The Village offered some of us the opportunity to take Workplace Spanish classes, so I, of course, jumped at the offer. It's for 2 hours each Tuesday morning for 10 weeks, taught by an instructor from the local college. Best part is that it's no charge to us After having taken 4 years of Spanish in high school, I've found I have retained much of the grammar (the nun who ran the language dept. was a tyrant!) and the conjugating verbs, etc. BUT, I'm weak on vocabulary. This class focuses on work-related phrases. It's so cool!

Es,
That recipe sounds good! I've used ground turkey alot. I'm surprised we're not clucking and gobbling after all the poultry we've had here.

Hope all is well with everyone. October 1st on Friday
Linda, hope you're healing and getting about a bit better. Please remember, this is not just a thread for losers... I'm here for good.

~Jen
Old 09-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #9  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Jen, full moon brings out all the nutty clients at my job. I never used to believe in that but it seems like they act crazier when there's a full moon. We eat alot of chicken. We hardly ever eat red meat. So, you'll be taking spanish classes I can talk to you in spanish now.

Trying to organize WW at Work is becoming such a pain. Some want different days, different times. Mostly everybody is paid up except for two. I left the Points Police in charge since I'm off tomorrow.

Hi Dianne/Amiga, Terri, Zoe, Linda, Janie, Lana, Ruth & Sandy.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 10-01-2004 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:33 PM   #10  

Jen,
That sounds like fun. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!! I remember a little bit. I helped Britts and it refreshed me. I would love to be able to speak a different language fluently. Good luck!

Es,
Oh no, the points police aka BI### cute dog hater is in charge?
Seriously, I hope it is a big success for you.
WE have 2 huge rooms downstairs. One is the family room where the big TV is and the other is where we have a loveseat, computer desk, trophies and the bowflex and treadmill so I guess you can call it the Den/gym/sport room. It is all decorated in Ohip State University stuff. Believe it or not there is still room to dance. That is Brittany's main form of exercise.
That lasagna sounds wonderful. I will have to try it.

Hi Zoe, Dianne, Linda, Janie, Lana, Ruth & Sandy.

Terri
Old 09-30-2004, 09:26 PM   #11  

Hi girls,
Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! It is true the full moon affects people. Some of our clients have been acting up more than usual too :
It has been so busy at work this week. I have walked right after work 2 night and felt so much better.

Dianne congrats on the weight loss Hope you are feeling better. Work stress can sure get to you. Try to take it easy. I try not to let things get to me as much as I used to,but not always possible!!

Jen I never took a foreign language in highschool. When I went it wasn't mandatory like it is now for college. My son Dan is in his 3rd year of Spanish. I never hear him speak in spanish though!! It would be fun to learn. I don't blame you for taking advantage of your work's offer. Have fun with it.

Need to go and do some laundry before bed. Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend. Will talk to you gals later.
Hi Zoe,Es,Ruth,Sandy,Linda,Janie,Terri Lana
Old 10-01-2004, 06:30 AM   #12  
NeverGiveUp

Talking

TGIF

Terri, you cracked me up about the PP Since she's such a B**** I know she'll make sure everybody pays by today. Can you give me an example of a Core day?

Lana, where do your work?

You all know I work 4 days a week & you know about the evil office manager. A couple of weeks ago I had to take off to take Susie to the Vet so I asked her if I could make up that day on Friday. She said no because the executive director didn't want part-timers to get used to switching their days so I said fine, whatever. Yesterday, she came over to me to ask me if I wanted to come in today to make up for Wednesday!!!!!!!! I said, I can't, I already made plans!! She only asked because there's alot of copying that needs to be done by today. Would you have gone in?

Today is going to be a beautiful fall day. I'll go for a walk later on.

Have nice day.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 10-01-2004 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:00 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Lana,
Good job on the walking This is the best time of year for it.

Es,
I would have done what you did, stuck to my guns and said I couldn't come in; but then, to make myself look good and keep future offers open, I would have said that with more notice I would have been glad to accomodate them.

Terri,
Your home sounds huge! We have no basement, are in a single level 3 bedroom ranch. The treadmill and exercise bike have made their way into the dining room, so we're thinking of simply changing that to a game/exercise room. It's an enclosed room, not open to others, so we can close the door when necessary. The only piece I want to hold onto is my Mother's china cabinet, but have nowhere else to put it. Sometimes I yearn for something bigger in terms of a home, but don't want to clean/maintain anything larger than what we have now!

HI to all....TGIF!!!

~Jen
Old 10-05-2004, 01:59 AM   #14  

Jen,
The whole house isn't huge but the 2 rooms downstairs are. The family room has a full bath so it is great for company. The rest of the house sits on top of these 2 rooms. The kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom, 3 bedrooms and our master bath.

Es,
Here is a sample of my CORE day last Thursday.

BREAKFAST 7:30
cream of wheat
1 and 1/3 c.skim milk
ff margarine
splenda
1/2 c. skim milk to drink
2 cups GREEN TEA

LUNCH 12:00
whole wheat pasta
Core sauce
1 small bite of Bruce's cheeseburger - (1)
4 small fries-(.5)
GREEN TEA

DINNER: 6:00
spaghetti squash
Core sauce
chicken
veggies
teriyaki sauce
GREEN TEA

SNACK
3:00 1 pt. peanut butter cookie-(1)
1:30 1 caramel cream -(1)
9:00P.M. 1 plum - My plan

Weekly Allowance Points Beginning: 35
Weekly Allowance Points Used: 3.5
Weekly Allowance Points Remaining: 11
Activity w/POINTS earned: 4 Bowflex and treadmill
Activity POINTS Used: 0

WATER- 120 oz.
WEIGHTSMART MULTIVITAMIN X

As far as the working question. I would WANT to say No BLEEPING way, I wouldn't want part timers to get used to making up days but the butt kisser that I am I would have said O.K. if I could. But if my plans were already made I probably wouldn't.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-05-2004, 06:16 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

We received a call at midnight on Saturday from Joey; Iliana's daughter, Jackie, who was not feeling well with strep throat, had stopped breathing. The paramedics brought her to the hospital, working on her enroute. By the time Joey arrived at the hospital, an hour later, she had died.
The drs. believe it was a heart attack, there will be an autopsy.
It is heartbreaking. I can't bear to watch another mother lose a child.
Iliana is a very strong woman, but just lost her father in May, and now this. Jackie was only 19.
Joey is devastated, he had a wonderful relationship with Jackie. Jessica has had a difficult time explaining it to the boys, especially Brandon, who took the news badly.
We have lost an angel. She was such a sweet girl. While Jackie has not been in our family for very long, she has made a difference in all our lives.

~Jen
Closed Thread