Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 10:48 AM   #16  

Trudy and Ann. I know when I have a sleepless night I do puzzles or read a book or the T.V. When i use the caption mod it helps to put me to sleep and i don't desturb any one else in the house.

Ann tell your daughter or DH that I will be calling to get an update on your surgery . If you let them know then they won't think some nut is calling and identifies herself as one of the "Fat Chicks" Then I can post or e-mail to let the rest of the gals know. Is that OK?

Have a great day!

Karen
Old 10-31-2004, 12:51 PM   #17  
Life Time 2001

Maria Sorry that you have been sick but glad you are feeling better now.

Trudy: Havent seen that Loser show. Havemt even heard about it. I dont like reality shows. Sure doesnt sound like a good way to lose tho. What people wont do for Moey. I assume they get some if they win?

Karen: Sprout sounds so cute. Glad your SIL is walking with you at least it gets her out of the House.

Glenda: Sorry to hear about the Accident. Hope your back feels better soon. Have you stated back with the Ciropractor yet?

Ann: I missed the Elipse. Sure glad Karen is gonna check up on you and let us know how you are doing

Slavika: Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you had a fun Party for the prince He will love the wall Climbing thing to. Kids love that!

Yes I did quit WW but I still have 2 weeks to go. She asked me to stay 3 weeks to find a replacement. I went back to my Normal Meeting Sat. And I realized how much I missed it and the others to. Nice to be an Almost Member again

Have a Happy Halloween All!

These seletons are to cute
Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 AM   #18  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning all: Taking a few minutes off from bathroom duty. I go for the colonoscopy this a.m. Going to get an inner tattoo for the Doc. tomorrow. Fun Fun!!!

I have shown DD how to get on line with you all so along with Karen, she can keep you posted, if it is not too late when she gets home. She plans to stay the night tomorrow, if the hospital will let her. It depends on whether I have a private room or not. Because of the privacy act, now with a semi-private room they don't like to have people stay over night. But maybe DD will push a little.

I am looking forward to broth and jello and tea and water for a few days. I hope the scales will show something good for all this torture.

We'll be in touch. Thanks for all the prayers, and love you gals. Ann
Old 11-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #19  

Ann take care. And do enjoy your liquid diet. It all sound just yummy!

Karen
Old 11-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #20  
Fun Blonde

Ann, I want to add my wishes and good vibes to you. Remember, you will get this taken care of and get back to your life as soon as possible, just a little bump in the road. What a way to get your child to come visit! You are in the best possible hands. So glad your DD and Karen can both keep us up to date!

Karen - Sprout is such a cute little guy. I love other people's puppies--you know what I mean. They are a handful, but so worth it! I will go through it all again when I need to. Our dogs are such a bunch of company and keep us laughing a lot. But they can be troublesome, like when you leave. Trudy, you had the best offer ever from Slavika, of puppysitting. Take advantage of a great deal!

We had a funky Halloween. All it did was rain, so we had about 10 brave souls. What a bust! I am so tired of rain! On Saturday OSU almost beat out in-state rivals, OU. 38-35. It was decided in the last 11 seconds. Lots of fun!

My back is better. Seems like I will be going to a chiropractor "for weeks". But I have had people tell me to take advantage of all the therapy. I also get to have massages. YEA! For now, I just want my car fixed. Tomorrow we will take it to a bodyshop and get a rental car. We are going to insist on a "like model". We have always gotten some little subcompact. Didn't know we could insist on anything else. Nice to have a lawyer son.
Glenda
Old 11-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #21  
Net browser

Dear Ann soon your surgery will be over and done with and you will really get to enjoy your time with both your daughters. I'm so happy for you that your one daughter will be there for you when you have your surgery and then soon after, your other one will arrive. Focus on the "after" part....like eating wonderful tasting jello...hee hee (I know the smilie shows a knife and fork and no spoon, but think of it as a challenge.
To Ann's Daughter Your Mom is very special to all of us on this board. We have been together for a long time now and although we have not met face to face (yet) we really feel like we know each other. When I talk about the gals on this board with my friends I refer to us as the "older dollies". Please give your Mom a big HUG from me and the other dollies.....
Bye for now, see you all tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:52 PM   #22  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Good luck to you! It will be over soon! I will be thinking of you!
Anns Daughter: Give her a hug for me to!

And just what is this?
Old 11-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #23  

G'day all,

I would like to add my best wishes to Ann, I agree with everything Slavika said, we do have a very special group with a special bond, I feel very forunate to be part of it.

I now have laryngitis and feel pretty yuck. It is a fun household, dh has still blocked ears from his flight home on Friday (he had a bad cold at the time of flying) so what with him being deaf and I can only talk in a whisper, we are having some great conversations!!!!!

Talk to you at greater length when I am feeling a bit better.

Take care all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-02-2004, 10:45 AM   #24  
Fun Blonde

Ann's Daughter - I know the procedure is going on about now and there have been a lot of prayers going up regarding the best possible outcome for your mom. Just keep us informed. It is funny to think back about how long we have talked without meeting in the flesh. We know so much about each other and love each other in a very special way. Tell her we are already missing her.
Glenda
Old 11-02-2004, 04:10 PM   #25  

No news yet, I won't have access to the net for a couple of days.....

Hope there will be a message posted that all went well with Ann's surgery when I return.

Thinking of you Ann and I KNOW you will be fine, I would just like to see it confirmed by a message from your daughter!

Maria
Old 11-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #26  
Super Surfer

Thumbs up my best wishes for Ann

The worst is over by nowAnn.
Dear Ann's Daughter add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to the other gals on the board. She has been on all our minds today. Give her a big hug from all of us.. Trudy.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #27  

I did try to call a while ago but got no answer so will call again in the morning. Maybe by then Ann's DD will have given us some news.

Ann's Daughter-- Be sure and add my best wishes to Ann and my wish that she has a speedy recovery. By now you know just how much we all care about her. give her our love and give her a hug.

Karen
Old 11-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #28  

Just a quick post. I talked for a few minutes to Ann's DH. He said she is doing good and things are looking up. Seems there was a little trouble and had to call in another surgen to help out. She has her Daughter abd a friend who is a nurse with her. So she is in good hands. She knows we are thinking about her . So just keep sending good vibes. Hope fully in a day or so we will hear from her Daughter. Any way so far so good.
Karen
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #29  
Life Time 2001

Thanks Karen for the Update.
Im thinking of you Ann. And sending good vibes to you.
Love you! You have been in my thoughts daily.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:03 PM   #30  
Fun Blonde

We haven't heard anything yet? I know we are all wanting to know how she is. Hope all is well.

We have our car in the bodyshop. It will be gone for two weeks. Now we are driving a red Impala which is nice, but just not AS nice. We are so spoiled. I am still going to the chiropractor. On the days I go I hurt more than the day in between. Wonder why.

We are having our couple's weekend this week with my sis and brother and spouses. It has been a bit of a challenge to clean up the pigpen. Leon has been tired too, so tonight will be a big push.

How are you all? I know. We are all concerned about Ann. Me too.
Glenda
Closed Thread