Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr olds #32

Thought since I haven't been here in a while the least I could do was start a new thread. Usually Maria does it at the same time I do.

Karen love the name Sprout. It sounds so cute. I guess I didn't realize that you had to boil water. I guess I should have. That would be getting old. Never thought but did you have to boil to wash dishes in also?

Ann been thinking and praying for you. I hate the unknown and I was awake a lot at night too before my surgery. It is hard to turn you mind off. I just would rather get it all over with. How is your dh doing? So sorry to read about your little dog. The hardest thing to me was putting ours to sleep. Now this one is almost 12 but so far he is in pretty good shape. My one son makes him run and walk a lot. Way more than me.

Maria my son and dil are going to find out the sex of the baby in December. I think they are hoping for a boy but I don't care as long as it is healthy although a little princess would be nice. There are too many boys around here. I don't know how you deal with all the upheaval and uncertainty you all have job wise. I would be more than happy to ship some leaves to you. They are from huge oak trees and the leaves are about 10 inches long. You no sooner get some raked and mulched and they are back. Plus my neighbors blow into my yard and stop at my fence. Sure wish you were allowed to burn them.

Glenda how wonderful for Cody to find his way. You sound so happy and I am happy for you. You always want the best for your kids.

Trudy and Slavika you all can keep your snow. It is way too early for that. Right now it is freezing here and rainy. The days are getting shorter and I hate it.

Trudy your little sounds like she is getting big. Sorry she has been having a tough time teething.

Well cross your fingers. We have a decent offer on the other house and we countered. Hope it all works out. Having 2 houses is getting real old. I will have to find the link on the net for it so you can see it. It needs work-just need the right person to want it.

I just got a recipe from someone in my painting group for a chocolate martini that sounds decadent. Of course it has no calories. , One of these day I am going to have to try it.

What does Lily mean by waving bye bye?

Got to run,

This is the one we are selling. http://www.sibcycline.com/viewlistin...ESI&s=SFRD&m=1 Really glad that we aren't moving there since it has over an acre of ground. The room where the table is was once a garage that dh's uncle remodeled. Like that room. Dh is just going to have to rent some place for all his construcion stuff or else downsize some of it. No room for it - our original house.

Last edited by painter5; 10-16-2004 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: We just got back from the Octoberfest dinner with entertainment, down at the clubhouse. It was just a fun evening.

Peggy: that is a nice looking house, but you would sure haave lots of leaves to rake if you were to move there.

It seems that I wake up about 4a.m. and just can't get back to sleep. Very frustrating, to say the least. And of course I can't turn off the brain. I have found tho' that just praying for everyone i know helps me be more relaxed.

I'm taking everyones' advice and keeping busy. no time to do a lot of thinking.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 'See' you later. Ann
Old 10-17-2004, 12:56 PM   #3  

Hi all, Ann glad this is going to get done, soon. sorry you are ahaving trouble sleeping.

peggy I like the house but way too much house and yard for me. Looks like a house to full of kids.

It's a lazy sunny day here. it strated out cool this morning needed a light jacket for church. But it has warmed up vary nicely. Maybe a good day for the pool?

My son told me that it was quite cold in Minnesota just like where Trudy and Slavika are. BRRRRR.

Puppy is keeping us very,very,very busy. For 2.7 pounds he can be a hand full. But is so fun to see play.

Not much else to write now Catch you later!

Karen
Old 10-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #4  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Maria did you go someplace and I missed that? I don't think you have posted for a couple of days...maybe your computer is down.

Peggy that's a very nice looking house and a fairly large place too. I guess with that much yard...and grass to cut etc. it could get to be too much work. Is it sold now?

Ann that is so great that you don't have a long wait......the waiting is the hardest. You sure have the support and the prayers of all us gals on the board. That waking up in the night must be something we all share. I sure seem to get up a lot at night. Sometimes, I can fall right back to sleep but other times that just isn't going to happen. GRRRR....then I am dragging myself around all the next day.

Karen I hope that you will be able to send us a picture of SPROUT. Maybe it would be easier to do it with email. I just love holding a new little puppy close to my face they smell so nice. When I hold puppies at the pet store I do that. So you and Ann both are in parks that allow you to have dogs, I think that is just great. They really do bring so much love and joy to our lives.

My poor Trudy is sick with a bad cold. First her DH got it and then he just felt he had to share with her. I haven't talked to her today but I hope she is feeling a little better.

I have been eating like there is going to be some big shortage of food in my country. I stepped on the scale this morning and I think I am up 3#. Yesterday we went a 50th Anniversary Tea Party and they had those little fancy sandwiches....well I must of had 6 of them, and several little cubes of cheese. YIKES.. (that red guy with horns made me do it)

Hi Glenda I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Supper tonight will be a bowl of "sort of homemade" chicken soup and a big dinner roll.

I was hoping to see Lily on the board. Maybe she will pop by later this evening. Talk to you all soon.

Last edited by slavika; 10-17-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:27 PM   #5  

G'day all,

Slavika you are going to have the best time in Hawaii with your family. I think it is fantastic and something your grandchildren will remember for many years to come.
Sorry to hear Trudy is not well.

Peggy Great you were able to share pictures of your house. It looks nice, are the vents in the bedrooms your central heating?
Your 'yard' looks great but I guess a lot to maintain. Hope it all went well with the sale.
Are you going to find out the sex of your new grandchild or are they keeping it a secret?
I am glad they are telling me, I HATE secrets

Ann You are often in my thoughts during this difficult time, I am sure all will be well but the quicker you can have done what needs to be done, the better. Waiting around is just the pits.

KAren sounds like you are well and truly settled and not missing the cold from Minnesota. I bet little Sprout is a handful but he would be just so cute

Well I have some good news and some bad news........
I gained this week .6 The last few weeks I have been really bad with indigestion, I thought it was the antibiotics I was taking for yet another urinary infection
When the indigestion is so bad and I feel nauseous, I just need to eat things like dry toast, crackers etc. and obviously ate far too much of that. I normally would eat fruit but the acid in the fruit made me feel worse.
I went back to the doctors last week and she thinks it is my stomach ulcer playing up and has given me some other medication. I feel much better but in the meantime I did gain.
I am off to Sydney on Thursday and will be there just till Monday.
The good news is that dh has booked Cirque de Soleil, Quidam for Saturdaynight. Not sure if the show eventually will get to Adelaide.
I have heard such wonderful reports, I have never heard of one person not being totally enthralled by the performance.
Dh will come home the following weekend and he will have 3 weeks holidays after that......who knows....looks like Sydney for 3, 6 maybe 12 months
Yesterday I spent the day putting together a website for the company my son-in-law works for.
I have uploaded it to their free website for his bosses to have a look before uploading it to their server.
It is a bit boring but you may like to have a look at my handy work
http://www.users.bigpond.com/joenlexie/
I love the truck! I did the logo on the top of the page and then my s-i-l asked if I could put it on a truck. Found a picture of a truck, removed the name that was there and replaced it with the company logo!!!

Gotta go and some 'stuff' done...

Cheers
Maria

Starting weight: 94.9 kg
goal weight: 72 kg
todays weight 85.4 kg
.6 up from last week
total loss till now 9.5 kg
Old 10-19-2004, 12:22 AM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Im here Slavika: Just been really bad lately.

I was called to go to work Sunday moring at 1:00 AM I was there until 3:00 AM Didnt get anything I was suppose to do accomplished. I had to ship something on a Plane. Well The airports shut down at night now. Came home tried to sleep and didnt.
Had to be At WW same time I had to call again to get something on a plane. I was a nervous wreck.

I brought home the card I was to ship. Told Hubby Im calling all these people and I dont know what will happen. He is a Hero. I did call and he did take over like a Hero. Card got to where it was suppose to and all was well. Cell phone bill will go the the roof this month

Im really thinking of quiting WW as far as working for them. Its getting to hard. I get called to Sub all the time and its killing me, when I have to go thru above. My real job is more important than subbing for someone.
I make very little with WW. Not worth it to me. I want to be a Member again. To Many obligations and WW should not be one of them, at least to not make my life unbearable.

Humm just said it all. Im quitting tomorrow

Last edited by LilyG; 10-19-2004 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 AM   #7  

Nice to see you Lily but boy you need a talking to!
Life is too short to be running yourself ragged doing everything you are doing!
I would definitly be calling it a day with WW and I hope you have gone ahead and have called it quites with WW.

It is all very well to be needed but you do need to put yourself and your dh first. No-one is going to thank you for 'killing yourself' doing what you think you should be doing.....believe me I speak from experience

That is enough now!
See what happens when you are the youngest here
Just take care of yourself,

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #8  

Maria is so right Lily. You need to take care of you. WW will find some one to fill your shoes they did for me!! SLOW DOWN! or you'll be ready for the rag bag soon! By the way good to see you!
Karen

Last edited by Karen L; 10-19-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:12 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all:
Lily: Nice to Hear from you, and I agree with everyone about first things first, and that running yourself ragged is not a good thing for you or for your DH. So just listen to your 'elders'.

going off to have a nice relaxing massage now. That should help a bit. I really feel so good, that it is hard to believe that in a week I'll be hurting alot, but better off than I am now. Life sure is strange sometimes.

See you all later tonight. Ann
Old 10-19-2004, 02:55 PM   #10  
Super Surfer

Thumbs up you came to a good decision Lily

Lily your post was so stressed out..... good you are quitting WW. They will find someone who only wants part time work to fill your spot. You will feel a lot better without that worry on your mind. good for your DH coming to the rescue.

I have been so sick with the Flu/Cold since Friday. I wasn't feeling well when I got my Flu shot on Fri, the doctor said that it didn't matter if I was coming down with something, the Flu shot wouldn't affect it. Fri night, Sat & Sun were just the worst, couldn't hardly hold my head up... no way I could eat a thing, so nauseated. I am able to eat again, but still feel awful. I don't know what kind of flu it is, bad enough though. Everyone go get your Flu shots, it's no picnic It was on the news last night, that Can. is helping out the USA with the Flu vaccine shortage.

Slavika I miss our

See you later..
Old 10-20-2004, 07:58 AM   #11  

Trudy hope your feeling better quick! I dohpe the flu shot be comes available to us down here. My DH will be getting his on Friday at the VA we hpe but I don't meet the criteria. So I'm going to make sure I get the pneumonia shot. Because if I get the flu it almost always turns into pneumonia. The people next door had to get to the supermarket early like 6:00am to get in line for theirs at 10:00 am they began to give the shots. That was one long wait. There was only 200 to give and they were #31 & #32. They are 80years old so really needed the shot.

Ann glad you are feeling good. Hope it continues like that. Maybe the better you feel going in the shorter time you'll have to spend recovering.

All I am going to be sending a picture of Sprout to Maria so she can post it to the rest of you. I'm going to try one othere thing first to see if I can get it to work.

Have to go puppy is hungry.

Karen
Old 10-20-2004, 06:58 PM   #12  

G'day all,

This will be a very short post....I have been messing about with Sprout this morning and I now have an hour and a half to get ready to catch my flight to Sydney.
I am still sitting in my nighty and have not packed

Sprout is just gorgeous but I HAD to put an Adelaide flavour to him and he is sitting on grass from the Adelaide Botanical Gardens

I won't be accessing the net whilst I am away so I will 'see' you all on my return next monday.

Stay happy,

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:28 PM   #13  

Maria you did good! We are so lucky to have you.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for me. He looks so cute on the grass.

We have again had a busy couple of days. When did I find time to work?? I'm finally getting to know my way around enough to take the car and go to the store with just me , myself and I. It is amazing what a few minutes alone will do for a person. Yesterday i did have to drive home from Tampa on the freeway. That was a little hairy But i did it and now I know I can.

Talked to my Mom last night . My Dad had been to his cancer doctor and is doing great. The doctor was very pleased with how well my dad is doing and how well he handled the whole cancer, surgery thing last year.

How is everybody seems quiet around here.

Back later
Karen
Old 10-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #14  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

I am just getting reading to go to bed but I wanted to come and have a quick read here first. I was so happy to see the picture of Sprout . How sweet he is. He looks like one of my granddaughter's stuffed little beanie baby puppy.
Maria that was sweet of you to post him on our board for Karen. I think we have a little mascot now.

I'll come back tomorrow. Night all.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:37 AM   #15  

Hi,

Lily-Run and do not walk and quit WW. You don't need all this aggravation. Life is just way too short. Now I hope you get some rest-maybe it is time for a weekend trip to one of those wineries.

Karen I want Sprout. He is sooo cute. I would be like Slavika and holding and cuddling. See you are adventuring out a little and getting to know your new home.

Maria that is the house we were going to move to but decided not too. If you are confused I know that I am. It was dh's aunt's house and we were going to fix it up and sell it a few years down the road. The setting is pretty-it is on a private drive with only 5 houses. We have a contract on it-a couple with some young boys. Perfect for them. Our house is much smaller-should have posted it when it was on the web site. Dh has all his construction equipment stored at the house for sale. He rented the space when his aunt was alive. Now he will have to get rid of some of it [yes!!!] or find some other place to rent and store it.

Trudy so sorry you have been sick with the flu. I have been down with a cold. I feel so sleepy all the time when I have a cold. I have never had a flu shot and this year doesn't sound like a possibility with the shortage of shots. Take care of yourself.

Got to get things done around here today. I had to go to a luncheon thing at my sisters hospital guild yesterday. It was their annual money raiser. It was just on the other side of town and it was a rainy nasty day. Off to clean.
Closed Thread