View Poll Results: What's the max number of points you have managed to eat/drink in one day (*on* WW!)?
20 to 30 1 4.55%
31 to 35 1 4.55%
36 to 40 1 4.55%
41 to 50 5 22.73%
over 50, but under 100 12 54.55%
over 100 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 04:55 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

Morning girls!!!

I had a *fantastic* night at so graham norton last night! Kierie, he does have a website - http://www.channel4.co.uk/sograhamnorton
Lolly - do you mind if I tell the girls what happened or do you want me to wait until after Friday's show so I don't ruin any surprises?! Lemme know. The guests were (I'm sure you don't mind me telling this bit) Shannon Doherty (from 90210/Charmed etc) and Janice from Coronation Street (British soap opera).

I can totally relate to all these stories about people calling you fat!! I think I read somewhere that you can get 9 positive remarks and 1 negative one, and no prizes for guessing which one you remember most. The best way to deal with it is to focus on the good ones and let the bad ones wash over you (rather than the other way round). And once we're all at goal there are going to be plenty of good ones to pick from.

Better do some work (since I spend most of yesterday making my Calista Flockhart autobiography, Skeleton!!)

Kirsty
Old 04-26-2001, 07:07 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default oooohhhhhhhhh go on then!

Hello Kirsty, everyone!

Go on then, I don't mind if you tell what happened - I will be taping it anyway because I have to go to Leeds for a conference and will be away Friday night. And I bet you can't hold on till after the weekend!!! Was he wonderful? Are you going to be famous?

Having a busy morning so can't stop long - student welfare crisis and I have to set up some meetings. I'm supposed to be typing up a report now, so I'd better get back to it. Ah joy!

Back later,
hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-26-2001, 07:21 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default i won i won i won!

my calista/skeleton book won!! the audience cheered loudest for me and i won a mediterranean cruise!
ooh and then, when graham was looking at my book and asking me about it he recognised me and made me put my fist in my mouth again!! quite amazing cos it was over 2 years ago and i was 3 stone heavier (42 pounds). i guess i haven't changed that much after all! hee hee. so yes lolly, you will get to see me. i have no idea how i will look on tv apart from being quite embarassed and trying to avoid the microphone which a half-naked man was thrusting at me - he actually held it so close to me i had to lean backwards so i'm sure i'll have a double chin!!
i've got a free holiday - woo hoo! my mum and my sis have already tried to convince me to give it to them (my mum: "it's my birthday soon"; my sis: "i'm pregnant"). i hate to think what happens if you win the lottery!!
Old 04-26-2001, 08:17 AM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default quick post

Morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I wieghed in fully expecting a gain or at least the same..and I lost! 1.5 pounds YAY! I am really bummd this morning though because my dd ear is infected....where she got her earings. I know that I should take them out but I can't do it. The things are so tight and everytime I try she screams in pain. So, I am taking her to the doctors. My ex is going to kill me he said that I shouldn't have gotten her ears peirced....and I am beginning to think the same thing. She is 6 and has done a super job of taking care of them....just luck of the draw I guess. If you havn't guessed my dh is not her father.....but the ex is

Anyways she is really upset because she knows that they will close up and her ears won't be peirced anymore. She was so excited to get them done too. Ad did so well when they did it. I am really upset for her.

Kristy Glad you had a good time last night, and congrats on the free trip! That is awesome.

Slinko How did your weigh in go the other day?

Gotta run,

Talk to you later,
Angie
Old 04-26-2001, 08:31 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Slinko - Thanks for sharing your story. Yesterday brought up a few more memories... not good ones. But I guess it was good to go back and think about them. It's ironic because I had a similar thing with a homeless person. My freinds and I were crossing the street and I made it over before the light changed - but they didn't. So I was standing on the corner waiting for them. Well this homelss guy was walking and since I was standing there I was in his way... and he yell "move out of my way fat-so." And my friends heard. I was mortified. I think it totally does bring out weird feelings, because while you and you love ones obviously know you have a weight problem, it's something you never talk about and they never acknowledge. So it just makes you feel akward and hurt. Anyway - thanks again for sharing your story.

Belle - Thanks to you to. Once I got to the 8th grade, the negative comments (to my face at least) stopped... so I was shocked the two times it has happened in my adult life. You'd think adults would have learned that name calling is for kindergardeners.

Kirsty - I'm glad you had a good time yesterday. That is so awesome about the book. I can't belive you won a cruise. REALLY? So awesome!

Angie - I knew you would lose!!!! Congrats!

Lolly - Have a nice morning!

Talk to you girls later!
Lisa
Old 04-26-2001, 09:03 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello. Not much time this week. FIrst, I want to say thank you to angie. I ment to do this the other day and then the post did not take and I ran out of time to post again...well, anyway, thank you for the info. That was very helpful and I am looking into it.

Kirsty: congrats to you.

Well, must go. I am doing well but tottaly busy.

trish
Old 04-26-2001, 09:59 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default The day is beautiful outside

but of course im inside waiting for class to start i had a record 2 hours of sleep planned but slept a half hour thru the alarm and barely got out with my shoes on let alone the books i left on my desk or the work that was due
aaaaaaaaaaaaand my lovely dose of meridia exploded in my mouth so obviously im not taking it today lol
im having a slightly modified breakfast of champions poptarts 10 pts and a Diet coke
i have a sub with veggies and turkey and cheese for lunch points unkknown and some yummy 0 points spinach for dinner
anywho darlins i will bbl
Kierie
ps kirsty i will check that site later congrats on tthe hols
id love to see the calista book
Angie congrats on the loss
the same thing happened to me when i was 6
Old 04-26-2001, 10:25 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Hey

Kirsty - that is so cool!! I wish I had a satellite!! Congrats! If anyone wants to send me a taped version, I will send my address and reimburse them....

Well, I have to run - deadlines. I am going to see Bridget Jones tonite! YAY!!!

Belle
Old 04-26-2001, 10:35 AM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Who's getting voted off???

Who will it be tonight?
I'm super busy at work so I'll be back around later.
Kirsty: Way to go!! A cruise...how wonderful! v.g!!

Hello to everyone.
Old 04-26-2001, 10:44 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm going on a cruise! wow!

belle - i'd love to send you a tape but i know that british and american videos are totally incompatible so i guess it'll be the same with canadian ones? i'll be videoing it, so next time you're over here i'll let you watch it!
angie - hooray on the loss! sorry to hear everyone is so busy at work. with my current run of good luck i'm thinking i should enter the lottery so i won't need to work!!
Old 04-26-2001, 10:49 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone Yay, it's Thurs! I have no idea why I'm happy about that since I have nothing planned yet for this wkend but I am anyways LOL. I just got back from the gym...maybe that's why I have some extra enthusiasm. I was very proud of myself...I finally got the motivation to go!

Kirsty...congrats on the cruise! Sounds like you had a great time
Old 04-26-2001, 11:46 AM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI EVERYONE... I am back from my wonderful (not) trip to Iowa. All work, no play!! And a 9 hour drive one way. YUCKKK. Also, I can never eat right when I am travelling since I don't have much control over what is served. I am hoping to maintain on Saturday at WI... today and tomorrow I am sticking to my low end of points and exercising. I don't get to exercise while I am on the road either! Blahhhhh

I haven't had time to catch up on the posts, so if anyone has questions for me or needs to fill me in... go right ahead!!

Hubby is on Jury Duty... yesterday and today.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:28 PM   #13  

Default hello!

Hi ladies!

Welcome back Jen! Maintaining while going away is good~ that's what I did after NYC.

Shayle~ it must be the endorphins you got from working out! awesome!

Kirsty~ that show sounds fun! Cpongrats on that trip! I've never won anything before, that's so cool!

Stacey and Trish~ don't work too hard

Belle~ have fun at BJ tonight! I hope to go soon too!!!

Lisa~ I have bad stories about homeless people in Boston too! I went to school in Cambridge and there are many times that they were rude, insisting that I had money. Well, sure I had a roof over my head and such but I didn't have money to throw around that's for sure. It always did make me sad though to see them.

Angie~ congrats on the loss! Don't worry about the earrings, something simular happened to me when I was a kid....my ears lobes literally swallowed the earrings and I had to go to the emergancy room! I never blamed my mom for it though I even went later and got them re-done!

Well, I called about a part time gig this morning and hopefully it will come thru...if my calculations are right it will only be a $400 a month pay cut....how foes that work! Have a good one everyone!!!

Last edited by Suz78; 04-26-2001 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:12 PM   #14  
flibbertobbergenie!

Woo Hoo Kirsty, famous person! I will def make sure to vid Graham tomorrow night ...

Still having a stressful day - have been in meetings all day about and with a student who's having a tough time, and have another in half an hour. I wrote today off thesis-wise, no chance of concentrating while waiting for the next phone call ... BUT tomorrow night Blokey and I are driving up to Yorkshire, I have a conference in Leeds on Saturday, and he has a friend in York, so we're mixing business and pleasure. Hopefully things in College will stay under control for 48 hours ... PLUS tomorrow is Blokey's 30th, though he doesn't seem too fussed about being a real grownup at last!

Angie - YAY! on the loss! Hope your daughter's ears get sorted out ... my mum had the worst time with hers (and she was 40something!).

Jen - welcome back! How do you cope being away from Emma? Is it hard, or is it just all worth it when you get back and see her?

Suzanne - fingers crossed for the job!

Hugs to everyone else, I might just be back later, depends how it all goes ...

Lolly
xxx
Old 04-26-2001, 01:16 PM   #15  

A Mediterranean Cruise?
You are NOT giving your cruise away, I insist.
You are sunning yourself on the deck and prancing about in minimal clothing and making the menfolk gape and drool. It's utterly imperative. The end.
Question for those of you in England: What, precisely, is a Bank Holiday? Thanks to Blur's Parklife I know they come six times a year (Six pack of beer, everyone cheers, then it's back to work, etc.). Are they simply arbitrary days when the banks are closed, therefore businesses close and employees get the day off? I'm trying to figure out if they're basically the same as National Holidays in the U.S. How are they determined? By the government or by bank officials? Silly little question, forgive me. Yes and one more thing, can someone explain to me, vaguely if necessary, if hochmagandy is what I think it is? I absolutely must incorporate it into my vocabulary but would prefer to use it correctly. No, one more thing, did any of those who live in England read 'High Fidelity?' Curious to know how "Bridget Jones' retained it's English integrity but 'High Fidelity' got moved to Chicago. I suppose it depends on who buys the film rights. And what's the slang significance of 'Pucker?' Jamie Oliver, the Naked Chef, says it an awful lot. I'm assuming it's in the same realm as 'brilliant' and 'terrific' but I want to be sure, so correct me, please, if necessary. Enough with my demanding cultural inquisitions!
Thanks to all those who asked about my WI but I had to skip it earlier in the week because my precious boyfriend showed up at work and brought me a picnic lunch. What's a girl to do? I'm going this afternoon, I'll post the verdict, whatever it may be, on the morrow.
Hope you all enjoy the day.
Closed Thread