Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 08:37 PM   #1  

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, jump on in and join us. You will be sure to get a warm welcome.
Old 02-17-2001, 12:41 AM   #2  

TGIF!! Wow... this week flew by for me!!

I had my weigh in on Thurs... goodbye to another pound!! That makes 5 pounds gone! Geez, I NEVER want to see the 240s again.

Rebecca I am inspired by your BAGGY jean story! I have a pair of jeans I wanted to wear for my signing-up weigh in.... but I COULD NOT BUTTON them. Heck, I missed it by 3 inches-- I couldn't close the jeans. Well, I tried them today... and ugghhh... grunt.. suck it in... hold my breath... I GOT THEM ON!! These will certainly be my inspiration and measuring stick for my progress! It will be a proud day for me when these are baggy like yours!!

Regarding the satsumas... are they also known as clementines? We get them in early December, packed in 10x14 inch wooden crates, shipped in from Spain. They are small like the tangerine, but super tender, easy to peel, and they are as sweet as candy and no pits. As fast as I buy them, my kids gobble them up! Who would complain about that! But the season is short and over by January.

Sara what interesting things you are studying and experiencing in school! It certainly gives your brain a work out! Other than college students, who would be reading and analyzing rituals, the KKK, and peace talks! Good for you! What a great experience.

Janet/Kudzu.. you can slap my wrist... as I was reading your post about the KKK and Mississippi, I had to admit I wondered what you might have experienced with the KKK--- not you personally, but in your town or region. Thanks for setting the record straight. It's just like many people stereotype Jersey folks as "tawking like dis jus cuz thaze from Joizee!!" Believe me, only some folks from the towns closest to NYC tawk like dat! lol Liz do any people comment on your accent or lack of accent during your training sessions?

Nancy in TC...hello and welcome! Two more things to add to your "Things to Eat While in Philadelphia" are hot preztels with mustard from a street vendor, and some GOOD EAST COAST PIZZA!! It's like no other pizza! NY/NJ/Phili pie rules!! Oh, and see... it's often called pie and not pizza! But don't ask for "tomato pie" unless you want a super thin crust! Oh, and I shouldn't
forget to recommend having a sub or hero sandwich. Fresh cut deli (meats and cheese) heaped with thin cut lettuce, tomato, onion, oil and vinegar, and hot peppers on a torpedo roll is not just another sandwich!! Believe me, these foods might be imitated elsewhere, but nothing can compare!!

JOYce have a fun family weekend!

Carol follow your doctor's advice and have a quiet weekend. Maybe rent a video or read a good book. How about the Disney Production of "Anne of Avonlea" the turn of the century story set in Maine featuring Anne of GreenGables? My video store has about 4-6 hours of episodes. So good. If you want to read a good family saga book, I just loved Rosamund Pilcher's ShellSeekers. It is set in modern time with flashbacks to WWII/Europe. Fabulous story you can lose yourself in! Incredible character development and understanding. It's the kind of book you don't want to end.

TexasLady have you recovered from the Rodeo yet? It sounds like a full night!

This weekend, I am off with 3 of my kids to my sister and brother-in-law's house at the Jersey shore. It will be fun to walk the winter beach and hunt for treasures. Brrr the water temp is 32degrees! My oldest son (15) is staying home. He has stage crew practice for the HS production of Sound of Music. He'll be busy all day Saturday. My sister will have him in for dinner. But he wants to spend the night alone. He stays busy with his model RR, the computer and tapes of RobotWars! Time will go fast for all of us.

Hi to Jan and Kendra!!

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND, Everyone.
Old 02-17-2001, 05:07 AM   #3  
Inchworm

Clementines!! I know what they are! thanks NANCY
Linda brought me part of the crate that she bought, when I was so sick!
They are not as large as my tangerines, but it is nice that they are soooo sweet and have no seeds.
Your trip to the shore sounds like "my cup of tea" ENJOY!!

~~~~
JOYce

[This message has been edited by gmalil (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-17-2001, 03:06 PM   #4  

Good morning!
NYNancy, I love those Clementines too! What part of the Jersey shore were you headed to this weekend? When I was growing up in Philly we went to Wildwood Crest every summer. Boy has it changed from those days!!!And Atlantic City, of course, is a world of it's own! Congratulations on the pound loss!! Thats 4 sticks of butter off your hips forever!

I've got to work this morning (not this early, but I couldn't sleep in), but then the rest of the weekend I'll spend doing what I'm told- BORED,BORED, BORED!! It's supposed to be cold and windy anyhow, once the rain stops, so it sounds like a good indoor weekend.
Jan,speaking of weather, what are the temps going to be in your area that first weekend in March? Warmer than here, I know, but I wasn't sure if the 80's you all have been having are typical now!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Carol
Old 02-18-2001, 10:18 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend.

NJNancy, congratulations on 5 pounds gone forever. That is terrific!!

I'll make a deal with you...I won't slap your wrist if you won't slap mine. I LOVED your rendition of a "Joize" accent, and I'm guilty as charged...that is exactly the accent I think of when I hear New Jersey. I've never thought of it in a negative way though. I love how different areas of the country have different accents. I'll never forget the first time that Carol and I spoke on the phone. Some of her first words were "you DO sound southern." She was so cute!

I hope you and the kids are having a great time at the shore. That sounds so wonderful to me. I also hope that your son is having an equally good time at home alone. I'm sure he is. Concerning your curiosity about the KKK, all I can say is that I have never really been exposed to them or their dealings. I'm sure that they are here, but I think that now there are factions all over the country (even up north). Every few years they will blow through here and have a rally, but usually the people protesting them far out number the KKK. They mostly just make fools of themselves.

About the clementines...they sound EXACTLY like the satsumas I was talking about...super sweet, easy to peel, no seeds, and the season is very short. Now I am curious if they are the same things as the other girls were also calling satsumas. I want to know why I can't get them for a longer period of time.

Carol, I can answer your question about what kind of weather Texas will be having the first of March, and the answer is...WHO KNOWS?? http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif Thursday's high was 81 here, and last night we had wind chills in the teens. I know that we won't be in Houston, but Texaslady's weather is usually the very same as ours. I saw something the other day that was making fun of some things in the south, and one of them was the weather...the only place where your local weather forcast will be "high 68, low in the teens." How true! My best advice to you (and me since I will be in the same boat) is for us to wait and watch their five-day forcast right before we leave. More than likely (unless a cold front has come through) their temps will be mild (in the high 60's/low 70's) with night temps a little cooler. Jan had mentioned that some of the wildflowers are already starting to bud out. I can't wait to see them. Wildflowers are my favorite flowers...if that makes any sense!

Now to the topic of weight. I am so disgusted and angry with myself. I have purposely avoided reporting any gains or losses lately because I was hoping that I was going to get back on track. However, last night as I sat in the Lonestar Steak House at 10:30 pm stuffing myself with a ribeye, loaded potato, salad and bread, I knew that I was out of control again...and the place was PACKED. What is wrong with everybody. Don't they know that they shouldn't be eating such heavy foods so late at night?? We had been out shopping for prom dresses and closed the mall down. I never intended to be out so late, but there we all were...starving and tired. Krysten's boyfriend was with us and they both said that they didn't want any fast food so off we went to the Lonestar. I was so full by the time we got home. I was also exhausted, so I fell asleep immediately. I still felt so sick this morning that we didn't even attempt to go to church. I had talked about how my metabolism goes into overdrive every December and how I can eat and not gain, but that metabolism has definitely slowed back down while my eating has continued on. I had lost 40 pounds and now this morning I discovered that I have gained 15 back. WHY oh WHY do I keep doing this?? I thought that I was finally on the right path and had gotten my mindset right. Those of you who have posted here since the beginning know how good I was doing. I am SO SICK of this rollercoaster ride. I'm not giving up...NO WAY! Like Jenny used to say...what is the alternative. I know what happens though. I will have my mind completely focused and then I will let myself slip a little...and it snowballs. Y'all will remember that this all started last year when we went on vacation. I took a week off and I have never gotten completely back into focus since then...and now here I am having to start over once again. I haven't even been eating things that I really love...I've just been eating. The other night I wanted something to munch on and couldn't find anything so I ate cream cheese on low fat Triscuits. I HATE Triscuits. They taste like cardboard to me (not that I have ever eaten cardboard). The only reason they were even in the house was because I had accidently picked up a box thinking they were low fat wheat thins (which I love). The REALLY terrible part is that I know I can have anything on WW and stay OP if I plan ahead. There is nothing that I have to give up. WW is not hard to follow...SO WHY DON'T I JUST DO IT???? I had really started to feel and look so much better. Why wouldn't that be enough to keep me going?? Now my biggest fear about flying in two weeks is if the seat belt will go around me. I'm serious...do y'all think it will??

I'm off to plan my eating for the day. I will be okay. I'm just having a really bad WW moment. Doing WW at home has its disadvantages, and not being accountable is the biggest one for me. I am going to make myself report my gains and losses here no matter what...and hopefully, being around Jan, Texaslady and Carol in March will rub off on me. For those of you who haven't posted here long, these three women have continued the downward path for as long as I have been posting here...almost a year. Carol has only had one gain in that entire time. They may not have lost every week, but they certainly didn't gain. That is why they are where they are and I am where I am.

Sorry for the long post...I needed to vent!

Have a wonderful and Blessed Sunday everyone!

Janet (Kudzu)

[This message has been edited by Kudzu (edited 02-18-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 06:24 PM   #6  

Wow - its been quiet in here again this week-end!

Janet - I feel your anguish, really I do! I have been unable to get totally focused on ths program since before Christmas. Oh, I still manage to lose a little here and there but that wonderful mindset I had at the beginning is long gone. I don't know how to get it back either. As far as your situation is concerned, all I can suggest it that you put the brakes now right this minute, forget what has happened in the last few months, and focus on not gaining one more pound. For me, I count it a success when I haven't gained anything - not necessarily that I have not lost anything! And I am very conscious of what I eat - it is not often that I throw caution to the wind and eat whenever and whatever I want (because if I had, I would defnitely be in your postition right now too), but even though I am aware of what I am eating, I still cannot manage to be totally and completely on program for more than a few days at a time. I suppose that it the reason I have not gained - but it sure itsn't helping me lose much. Perhaps the four of us can give each other a big shot in the morale when we get together in a couple weeks!!! Tell Carol to bring her biggest WW needle!
And don't worry about that seat belt - I am sure it will be fine. Heck, if it fit me the last time I flew (70 pounds ago) - it will fit little ol' you! By the way, did you and your dd find that prom dress?

Carol - I'm worried about you. Didn't hear from you yesterday. How's your back? I hope the rest and treatments are helping.

This week-end just flew by. I am so tired of cramming everything that doesn't get done during the week into 2 short days!! I ran myself silly both Sat and Sun. All of a sudden, its Monday! Imagine that. Don't feel like I even had any time off! Wish I could afford to cut back to working only 4 days a week. Guess I should be careful what I say - I might get what I long for and I don't think the boss would be willing to pay me 5 days pay for 4 days work! I think we may have lost a rather large client so I should probably just be grateful if I don't get laid off. Actually, I am pretty sure that they would not do that but they probably would reassign me to a different area. If I can't do the kind of work I know and enjoy, I may have to follow Jan's lead and get out my resume and polish it up.

Nancy, did you enjoy your trip to the shore this week-end? That's still a little too chilly for me althought I LOVE the beach and water! But there's no place any colder when its damp, rainy and cold! But it still has a particular kind of beauty even then! How did your teen do at "home alone"? I was always blessed with a responsible teen - even though she drove me nuts! I can think of only one or two times that she allowed friends to push her into a decision that she knew was wrong - or at least only the two times that I am aware of!!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif There's something to be said about ignorance and bliss! And huge congrats on the big loss this week! 5 pounds is absolutely fantastic!

DD and fiance went to a marriage workshop at the church on Saturday. She called me afterward and said - Mom, guess what? Matt and I are exact polar opposites (according to a personality test they gave everyone)! I told her I could have saved her $100 and 8 hours of time and told her that before they went. Its funny how others can see what we can't.

Joyce - how's you and your? Hope everyone is over the crud now. You stay so busy with your church activities - I wonder if they realize how lucky they are to have you so involved?

Janet - you are right on about our weather. It was freezing here again Sat. morning after being nearly 80 on Thursday. Supposed to be back up in the 70's this week but it was pretty darn chilly here Sat and Sun (this morning, too). I keep hoping spring can't be too far away - but in my heart I know we are still going to have some cold days and nights sprinkled in among the warm ones - all the way to Easter. We all need to keep our fingers crossed for some of the really nice stuff when we get together.

Time for me to get in line on the road. Have a great Monday, everyone.
Old 02-19-2001, 09:30 PM   #7  

HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY!! Today is a holiday for me, so I thought that I would get a quick post in to let you all know that I'm feeling much better. I got all of my old WW materials out yesterday, and really tried to get back into that mindset that had allowed me to lose so much weight. I'm going to start doing the one thing that has always gotten me through, and that is to take things one day/one meal at a time...and look forward, not back. One part of me wishes that I could stop thinking about food all the time. I wake up thinking about what I'm going to have for breakfast, and then I immediately start thinking about the next meal. It drives me crazy. On the other hand, I know that when I stop obsessing about food that could be the trigger that allows me to fall back into old ways. I know that this is a lifestyle change, but part of me still thinks of it as a diet and that is what I have to work on. I know it, but I need to "live" it.

Texaslady, I share your concern for Carol. That is not like her to go so long without posting. I wanted to tell her about the "sign" that I got yesterday. I know y'all are getting sick of hearing me talk about being afraid to fly, and I was just starting to feel a little more confident when the airline called. I had been wondering why I hadn't received my tickets, and the phone call yesterday explained it. They had been returned for insufficient address. The girl read me the address, and it was my complete address. She (and I) couldn't understand why they would have been returned, and nothing like that has ever happened with my mail before. I have a great mailman who knows me and has delivered things with half my address on them. Is it a sign?? Things like that don't usually bother me at all, but I felt so uneasy after that phone call. They are going to FedEx the tickets. My daughter heard me telling a friend who had called about what happened. After I got off the phone, Krysten said "it would have been a sign if your flight was today...or if you never got them...this was NOT a sign." Kids are so wise.

Texaslady, that was so cute about your DD and her fiance being polar opposites and your response to her about how you could have saved her the time and money she spent finding that out. How true that it is so easy for others to see what we can't about ourselves. DD and I did not find a prom dress yet, but we are going this afternoon when she gets out of school to look at the shop where we found last year's dress. They are a little more expensive, but it's very small and I love the people who own it. They were so sweet last year and went to a lot of extra expense and trouble to make sure that our dress arrived in time.

Nancy, I hope y'all had a great time at the shore. How did your son do home alone?

Well, I have rambled long enough. I'm off to get a shower and do some housecleaning before DD gets home from school. She has early dismissal this year since it is her senior year and she only lacked a few credits. We didn't get to do that when I was in school. Of course, we didn't even have air conditioning when I was in school...and couldn't even wear pants until I was in high school. Boy have things changed. While we were out shopping Saturday, I noticed that all the new spring clothes looked like they were straight out of my closet from the 60's and 70's. I told Krysten that if I had known that my daughter would want those clothes one day I would have saved them. The kids are even wearing Wallabies. Do y'all remember them?? We wore them in high school, but all the kids here think they are something brand new.

Have a wonderful OP day. It is a glorious day here...bright and sunny and mild. I can't wait to get outside!!

Janet (Kudzu)
Old 02-20-2001, 05:19 AM   #8  

Hi! This will be really brief, but I wanted to answer Janet and Texaslady's concern about my not posting for so long. I have the "crud", or the flu or whatever. Fever's been 101 to over 102 since Saturday night. All I'm doing is sleeping! Should be good for the weight- haven't been eating either. I plan to try to work tomorrow. I'll post more then.
Janet, hang in there!!!!
Carol
Old 02-20-2001, 11:40 AM   #9  

Carol, GET WELL SOON!! I'm so sorry that you are sick. This season has seemed especially harsh for the "crud" and the flu. We have had so many people at work who have been sick for weeks. It just seems to linger and linger. I certainly hope that isn't the case for you. I want you feeling great for our get-together!!

Today has been a really good OP day. I feel like I may be back on track after hitting bottom again, but I don't want to talk about it too much for fear of jinxing it.

One other good thing happened today (well, actually two because we found a prom dress). I had gone to a friend's house late last night to take some things that she wanted to borrow. I had laid my wallet on top of my car so that I could load some things. As I was laying it on the hood, I thought to myself "Janet, don't do that because you are going to forget it." This afternoon the phone rang and this man asked me if I had lost something. I told him that I didn't think so, but he continued to ask me to think and told me that he wanted me to describe it. I told him that I had no idea what he was talking about, so he finally asked me what I kept my checks and credit cards in...and it hit me. This man lives at least two miles from my house and I've noticed him because he walks this HUGE Great Dane everyday. This dog is so striking...black and white and as big as a horse. Anyway, he said that he was out jogging and walking his Great Dane on the main road from my house and noticed the wallet. He said he couldn't figure out how it got there because he knew it was too heavy to fly out the window. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif Even if I had noticed that it was missing, I would never have thought to look in that area. God certainly had his hand in this one. It was also strange because up until about 2 yesterday afternoon, I had those 12 N'Sync tickets in my wallet...plus I have been keeping my DD's money that she's been earning from her job. She's going to Gulf Shores for spring break and I didn't want her to lose it. Something told me the other night to take that money out and leave it at my house. Anyway, I was really lucky that such a nice man found the wallet. Krysten was quick to point out that she would have probably gotten yelled at if it had been her. She was right, and it gave me some food for thought.

I know y'all are thinking how I'm the only person you know who can make a short story long! Sorry...I know I can ramble! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

Have a good OP Tuesday!

Janet (Kudzu)
Old 02-20-2001, 06:23 PM   #10  

Morning, ladies!

Janet - What the heck were you doing up so late last night? Don't you know you have to go to work this morning! I laughed at your wallet story - and yes, you were very, very lucky to have someone find the wallet who was willing to return it. Can't imagine that happening in Houston! Thought about you at lunch yesterday when a co-worker told me she had waited in line to buy N'Sync tickets here this week-end. I don't think she did a marathon like you described. Around here they give out wristbands with numbers on them to everyone in line and then they draw matching numbers from a bowl. The person with that numbered band is now "first" in line and everyone else lines up numerically behind the first person. Following this logic, the person who walks up at 10:00 the day the tickets go on sale has the same chance as someone who's been in line since 6 AM. So if you are lucky and have a good number, you don't have to stand in line too long. Everyone has the same chance and that discourages people camping out for days to be first in line. They do this for the rodeo and for all big concerts like N'Sync, etc. I am glad you are feeling more on track. Just remember to take it one hour at a time - even 5 minutes at a time if that's necessary!

Carol - Gosh, you just can't catch a break! First your back and now the crud. As widespread as the crud is, people in my office have been exceedingly healthy this year. I don't think anyone has had this latest strain of junk - knock on wood! Take it easy and don't go back to work too soon - you will just relapse! We need you to be on that plane March 2.

Where is everyone else? Jan, Nancy(s), Kendra, Saara, Joyce, Liz, Rebecca - anyone? You guys have been way too quiet! Let us hear from you.

Time for me to duck out the door. Its a little foggy this a.m. - that's what happens when you have 100% humidity all the time! But its supposed to clear off a bit and get into the 70's today! I sure hope we can hang on to our warm temperatures for the get together! I'm crossing my fingers!
Old 02-20-2001, 08:31 PM   #11  
50+ pound loser

Good Morning Everyone

Had a busy weekend with DH being home the whole weekend. He had Monday off so we went shopping!!

I have to share my wonderful story...I was getting ready yesterday morning to go and I knew that my "baggy" jeans were in the wash so I was sure that the pair that I would put on would be so tight that I wouldn't be able to breathe...well, was I mistaken! They were huge! Made me feel so good. All this hard work is paying off. And then we went to Taco Bell for lunch (fast food is not diet friendly) and I ate two tacos and drank water. Not a big feat there, but I left feeling full. I think I may actually be learning something on this plan.

Janet- How lucky that you have such an honest neighbor! I remember once seeing a car with a cup on the back bumper. They drove like that for miles. I am just glad that you got your wallet back!

Well ladies, I better get my tush in motion. I have an exercise bike calling my name!

Big hello's to everyone!

have a great day!

Rebecca

------------------
This above all: to thine own self be true...
~William Shakespeare~
Old 02-20-2001, 11:16 PM   #12  

I'm back! I can't say how much I have missed reading these posts everyday. Not only is everyone here such inspiration (wish I had baggy jeans LOL) but I everyone welcomed us newbies so warmly and openly I feel like I have known every one for years instead of a few weeks!

I'm with you Janet. I have had such a difficult time staying on track. I think if I didn't excercise everyday I would be back to the origional weight. I did real well last week while I was training ( and that catered food smelled heavenly everyday) But come the weekend I walked around with my mouth open eating everything in site. And it didn't help I was visiting a friend of mine in Boston who loves to cook and snack. And of course, is a size 8 on a bad day. And she doesn't even have those "skinny people" habits of only eating a little. She eats like a horse. Hate those good metabolisms.
Even today I can't seem to get back on track. Planned well but just haven't stuck on it.

And Kudzu, you are lucky having such a nice man find your wallet. And even luckier the great dane did not eat it.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-21-2001, 12:00 AM   #13  

Carol, I am so sorry to hear you're down with the flu! I hope you were able to stay in and rest, and are feeling better. Re: your question on the weather, like Janet says, it's SO unpredictable. Right now it's warm and pleasant, but it would be wise to bring along a sweater or light jacket just in case. March can be hot in Laredo, so you'll want cool, comfortable clothes for that, good walking shoes, and maybe jeans to wear to the ranch, if you'd like to try out the paddleboat.

Janet, I am so glad you're back on track. Don't be so down on yourself, though! You have lost 25 pounds, and are heading back down as we speak; that's quite an achievement. What a great story about your wallet being found! I love to hear how honest people are still around.

Texaslady, sorry for being awol; the weekend was so pretty, I spent most of it outdoors planting flowers. Then yesterday, had to give a workshop in Victoria. I know just what you mean about losing focus; I've been hovering around the same weight for way too long now. Although I'm not totally discouraged by that, I do wonder where that original motivation went, that kept me losing steadily at the beginning. I mean, we've all made major progress in changing behaviors and overall lifestyle, which is key, but the pounds are coming off so slowly now! You are so right, though, I *know* that we can help each other recapture that spirit!

NJNancy, congrats on the pound lost! Tell us about your weekend at the beach? Did you do lots of beachcombing? I'm with you, I enjoy the beach more in winter than in summer; it's a great place to just walk and think.

Liz, welcome back! Way to go, resisting all that catered food. (Why is it that caterers so seldom put out healthy stuff? Maybe it's far easier to make high-fat foods that please everyone, but a bit harder, or more expensive, to fix healthier fare. Do you think?)

Rebecca, another wonderful pair of baggy jeans; terrific! All that exercise certainly *is* paying off! You said y'all went shopping; did you buy some new clothes? Congrats on staying OP at Taco Bell; that's not easy. (Their Taco Salad, under the new rules, is 21 points! Whew! That's what I used to order there, before I knew better. Tacos are a *much* better choice, at just 4 pts.)

Hi to JOYce, Kendra, Saara, and Nancy in TC; hope your week is off to a great start!
Regards,
Jan
Old 02-21-2001, 03:25 AM   #14  

Hi ladies! How was everyone's Tuesday?
The fever part of my crud is gone, so I went to work- shouldn't have maybe, but couldn't not, if you know what I mean. I still have the cough/throat/sinus stuff, but this too shall pass in good time! One good thing about being too sick to get out of bed all weekend was that my back is MUCH better now! "Every cloud..." as the saying goes.

Okay, Janet, have you been saying your "I love to fly exercises" every day?? You have a smart daughter!! I'll go one step farther in the "sign" theory: I figure if, while you are in line to board the plane, two large birds swoop down from the ceiling and one takes your ticket and the other your carry on, then that's a sign!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif I think all of us have been sluggish in the motivation department lately- I have a feeling that on our weekend get together we can get each other motivated again!!! And good for you for starting anew!! How lucky you were that such a nice, honest man found your wallet!!! And I have another dumb question- what are Wallabies (other than the fuzzy little animal that looks like a kangeroo)??? I'm older than you, so they can't be before my time. Maybe they didn't have them in PA?
Texaslady, how was your drive in during the fog? Traffic was probably heavy too, it being the day after a holiday. The wrist band idea for tickets is really interesting- I never heard of that before, but it would sure help! With my luck, though, I'd probably just give up on tickets altogether- I'm not one of those naturally lucky people!
Rebecca, GREAT!!! Another pair of jeans bites the dust!!! I chuckled at you comment about maybe "learning something" on this plan. That's one of the things I like about it- there's a lot of flexibility, but along the way you learn to make healthy coices on your own.
Liz, I'm glad you had fun in Boston, but aren't skinny friends who can eat anything and everything the worst thing to deal with? Hang in there- you'll get back on track!
Jan, I used to do the same thing (pre WW) at Taco Bell. I'd get the Taco Salad somehow thinking it was healthier!

Well, I've got to run. Hi to everybody. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Carol
Old 02-21-2001, 06:12 PM   #15  

Good morning everyone!

Rymsh, I am glad you are feeling better. Just be careful that you don't do too much too soon. Relapses can be such a pain.

JanetMae: planting flowers sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend. What type of flowers were you putting in? It's not too early to plant? This yardwork business is a relatively new thing for me. I owned a condo in Boston and didn't have any yardwork to do before. I really would like to work on my yard this year. The skanky ex used to do it (and not a good job, I might add) so I am not quite sure when I can start the spring thing.NjNancy,is it too early to do things in our area? I figured mid-march might be the right time to start (can you tell I am the type of person who likes to plan things? Although I admit sometimes I get carried much to far with my schedule)

I am DETERMINED to get back on track today. I tried visualizing my sucess this morning before I got out of bed. Some one talked about the stalling technique when the munchies hit you. I'll try that too.

Everyone have a great day!
Closed Thread