Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 09:16 PM   #1  

Morning Everyone!

Cold again here! I want some warmth! LOL

Well I thought I'd help you out Cindy and get us back up to the top. Hope you don't mind, but I didn't see a new thread and wanted to post.

I went on Friday to Baltimore and got my second Pap done. Now I just get to wait. The fun part obviously. At least I got there and back with a car in one piece this time.

Other guys insurance company called yesterday and is sending someone out to take pictures of my damage. They haven't decided wether they will pay to fix it yet. Still waiting.

Watched an infomercial for Richard Simmons this morning and have done is program in the past and it works great for me. I'm going to look into it again. It would not only be benificial for me, but for DH since he is diabetic. Maybe if he had his thing to tell you what your eating all day in front of him, then he'd see that he's eating wrong. Only a try, but it might be worth it.

Everybody will be home tomorrow since everything is closed for Presidents Day. What fun??? LOL DH is taking off on Wed. since it is our 19th Anniversary and I told him that I would love to have the house to ourselves for the day. HE HE HE Probably won't do anything, but it will be nice to be here without the kids.

Have a great weekend and get some good sales for Presidents Day!

Talk to you later.

Lynn

P.S. Farmbabe - yes there are mountains in Maryland!!!! I leave my house and look up to them every day. Really beautiful at the right times of the year, Fall and when it snows and especially when everything is really green. Bye!
Old 02-19-2001, 11:29 AM   #2  
gettn' strong in 2002

Yes, Lynn, the waiting part is the hardest; I hate that. Hopefully everything will be fine.
Cool on the mountains! I never knew!
I've never heard of President's Day, either. No holiday here.

The kids are on their winter break now. Took them to a movie tonight(well, dropped them off) and dh and I went to my mom and dad's for coffee.
We MIGHT go to the city tomorrow. I've been there twice in the past week, so I'm not sure that I really want to go.

I'm getting worried about my 15 year old. He's slippn' on the recumbent bike(using it). I gotta get on his *ss about it again. He is way too heavy. I don't want to bug and bug him......but he is really unhealthy.

I have to get out the veggies more; that's MY fault.

I'm starting exercising tomorrow again. It's been 12 days since I started getting the awful stabbing head pains and I've missed exercising so bad! Pains are gone.(well, slightly there at times.....)

Off to bed..... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif
Old 02-19-2001, 08:57 PM   #3  
viv

Morning Alllllll....
Well, I'm feeling rather grumpy, therefore, not GOOD morning....
I have a bunch of friends who are currently in Fla, the Carribean, on a cruise and in Mexico and I am feeling irritable that I am not among them. Since DH is in TV he can never get off Feb because it's ratings time, so we can never go away this week. Hmmm, maybe next year I'll take the kids to FLA myself and stay with BF. Hmmm, that sounds good, actually....

Sugarbusters is still great. My weight has gone down down down - but yesterday started having breakthrough bleeing with BCP and cramping, and I am up 1, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it....

I never touched the Valentine's chocolate. I can see how the cravings are totally in my head vs in my body. I am so totally grateful that I read this book - it was just a fluke! FYI here is what I ate yesterday (Sunday, so different a bit from normal)..

1/2 Grapefruit

30 min later:
2 eggbeaters with 2 slices uncured bacon (no sugar)

snack
nestles carnation no sugar added hot chocolate
1/2 grapefruit

lunch:
leftover crustless spinach quiche
salad with oil and vinegar

snack:
muffins I made with whole grain flour, agave nectar instead of honey, no sugar and strawberries....they were pretty good

dinner:
greek salad with FF feta and anchovies, olives, onions, tomatoes, greek homemeade dressing

snack:
1 cup sf choc pudding made with skim

Because I am trying to lose, notice how I only had one serving of breads yesterday. You can have more, but I am trying to cut way way way back. I no longer have the afternoon doldrums (unless I didn't sleep well because of DH snoring!) and absolutely no cravings. If I want something salty, instead of pretzels (HIGH glycemic index!) I'll have the reduced fat triscuits, maybe with some no sugar added PB on them. I dohave to look for whole wheat pretzels, tho.

Anyway....

Lynn - Good luckwith the Pap. It will be totaly fine. I know it. Re: Richard Simmons stuff, I think on the boards, where you can sell stuff, there were a coupla gals selling their RS stuff. Also check Ebay. BEcause I know you like a DEAL!

Jill - what do you do with an overweight 15 yo? is he really into the junk food or is he just inactive? Because I would think the food would be easy to control, ie making healthier alternatives, etc....for the activity, gosh, can't ya make him go birth some cows or something...that would take a lot of energy! Are they into skiing? It's hard keeping them active in the winter, isn't it? That's one reason we like hockey, because it forces them to get 3 hours of intense exercise every week...even tho I am getting totally burnt out going by this time of year.....Brendan has it at 6 tonite and my only motivation is that while he skates, I can walk!

Well, everyone.....back to work....

Hey Cindy!

viv http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif
Old 02-19-2001, 10:56 PM   #4  
LIFETIMER

FINALLY----REAL PEOPLE POSTING!!!!

Lynn-keep us posted on your pap results, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fine

Farmbabe-thats too bad that your son hasn't been excercising. Has he gotten interested in girls yet? Most of the times that helps them to thin out a little. LOL

Viv-how much have you lost doing SB and how long has it taken you?

cindy
Old 02-20-2001, 11:31 PM   #5  
CAB

Hi all - sorry to be away so long - can't seem to get any time to post these days. I'm still not on-line at work (can you believe it? It has been almost a year!!) so I have to grab a second here and there at home.

I'm joining WW on Wed night - I think i'm ready although I am still nursing. Emmett is eating some cereal and veggies, though only a little bit every other day or so. It bothers his tummy so it actually keeps him up at night rather than helping him sleep through. I'm not rushing, since he is at daycare where I work there is no problem with nursing through the day. They just page me when he gets hungry.

On the exercise front, I am going to try to start walking at 6am again next week - when my partner gets back from Paris. Also, I'm trying to get an aerobics class started at work 2x per week (I mean the gym is empty most of the day) and the other days I will try to walk in the park or swim. Have to find my weights again too and dust off my rollerblades. Boy, I am ready for the warmer weather. I like winter but it is so much easier to exercise when it is warmer.

Have to run ladies. Will try to check in more often - maybe after my am walks or something. Hi to everyone.
CAB
Old 02-22-2001, 02:09 AM   #6  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hey CAB, great to hear from you!
Looks like you are slowly getting back into the 'groove' of things after having the baby. I can't wait for Spring, either!

My son got on the bike last night. Hopefully he'll keep it up. I 'gently' say how good for the heart it is. I never mention the fat or overweight word.
I rarely bake and buy junk food. The odd bag of tacos. We DO have popcorn quite often.(microwave) We are big fruit eaters. So, I'm sure the EXERCISE is the main thing lacking.

I got back into it after my head pains. It feels great.
I hope to see a loss again. I have NO idea where I'm at.

dh got his 30th school reunion form in the mail. It's in July.(we are from the same town) I didn't know him then but alot of his classmates used to babysit me. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif
(he's 7 1/2 yrs older than me)
It would be nice if he could take his young, thinner wife to this shindig!
We have to decide our reply in a couple of weeks

'Talk' to y'all soon!!
Old 02-22-2001, 11:40 AM   #7  

hello..hello....

well, i have come to the conclusion that i cannot make the ww meeting i have been going too....i am going to try ww on my own for awhile and see how it goes...i officially started back today, and i bought me a journal to help keep track....i noticed writing in it tends to calm me when the boys are driving me nuts....i felt like i was wasting my money, with dr. appts, people coming to the house, school functions, etc...i was missing my meeting and i was driving 25 mins there and 25 mins home...that could be time spent exercising
i am going to see how it goes, and if i totally stink at it, i will try to find more "me" time..but i don't really see where i am going to find that..anyway..that's what i am doing..

lynn - any results on your test? i hope it comes out okay, let us know.

cab - how old is emmett now? they grow so fast, evan is interested in the potty!! can ya believe i might be potty training soon. i just wish he would talk more...and then again, maybe i don't

cindy - when is fat tuesday? is that the last day of mardi gras? is theresa coming this friday, the 23rd?? you girls be careful...and try to keep your shirts on! hee hee

viv - i am very impressed with your sugarbustering...i read that website you told me about, that girl looks good...i might try to incorporate some of the principals if i find i am floundering with ww..i actually bought bread today with no added sugar, i guess that is something.

jill - are you doing ww from home now? or did you find a meeting? i forgot to weigh today, but i will first thing in the morning...we should keep track and have weds. or thurs. as our weigh days and post our wonderful losses.

hi theresa, ellie and linn...

good night ladies, i have to take evan to music in the morning so i need my rest..will check in soon.

bye..robin
Old 02-22-2001, 07:36 PM   #8  

Morning Everyone!

I had such a wonderful day yesterday!!!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif It was our 19th Anniversary and we spent the entire day together WITHOUT KIDS!!!! No yelling, screaming, taunting, teasing, just absolutely wonderful. I actually got to talk to my DH and spend some quality time together. Much needed, may I say.

CAB - So glad to hear from you. Emmett sounds like he is growing up so fast. Barry turns 12 on Sunday. Enjoy Emmett while he's little, they get big to quickly for sure.

Jill - My DH and I are 9 years apart. Guess we both go for the older men. LOL Actually, I dated two guys and was engaged to both and they were within a year of me. Both I am glad to say I didn't get married to, because looking back I realized now how immature they really were. I am really happily married for sure!

Robin - Sorry the meeting is working for you for WW. I told DH yesterday that I really need to do something and I really am starting to believe that the Richard Simmons program will do it for me. It is really very similar to WW, but you have everything right in front of you at home and don't need the meetings, if that will work for you. I found that after 2 years of straight going to WW that the meetings weren't helping me any more. They just seemed to go in big circles from one year to the next. Good luck which ever way you go with it.

I'm waiting right now for a person from the insurance company from the guy that hit my van to show up here at the house. They haven't ruled out paying to fix it yet and are going to take pictures of the damage. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I won't have pap results for at least another week. At this point I can't wait to see normal results so I can get that off my mind to.

Hi to everyone else!

Take care,
Lynn

Old 02-22-2001, 09:03 PM   #9  
viv

Hey!
Gosh, the Sugarbusters thread is so long, but Thursday it takes an hour to read it! We shoudl all learn shorthand!

It's so cold here today, snow tonite, yuk yuk yuk. did I mention my BF called me on monday - from ST. THOMAS! The b*tch!!!! I'll get her back...somehow.....

I'm doing well on SB and feel really good, altho this strange TOM/BCP issue is messing up my scale readings and a lto of other things - I can't truly measure my loss now until this is resolved. Very Frustrating. On the other hand, yesterday I got Mcdonalds for the kids and usually I scarf down half their fries and half of someone's shake. Didn't care at all. Major progress.

Robin - a lot of the SB-ers incorporate WW into their WOE too. It really helps a lot of them with portion control. So go for it, girl!

Lynn - well, are you goign to tell us what you DID yesterday or what???Sheesh......

Jill - glad you got your son on the bike. Did he enjoy it? Ya could put up a skating rink in the backyard and get him to skate - really , a lot of people here built rinks in their yards! Go for the reunion - a goal date is so motivational!

CAB - so nice to chat with you, girl! Go for the WW and Walking - if it ever warms up here....

Cindy - I love SB. Before this TOM issue arose, I was down 6 in 2.5 weeks. Let's see what happens when this stupid bleeding clears up.

Back to work! Stay warm!

Viv http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif
Old 02-22-2001, 09:12 PM   #10  
LIFETIMER

Cab-how was your first WW meeting? SOunds like you have an excecise plan too, excercise and senisible eating has been the key to my sucess----good luck and keep us posted on your results

Farmbabe-I would defintly say going to DH class reunion as a skinner wife would be a plus-----let that me your incentive to get you to goal!

Robin-Good luck to you following whatever program you decide to follow. WW has been the best plan for me, and I have tried em all
MARDI GRAS---(french for FAT TUESDAY) is tuesday the 27th, Theresa gets here tomorrow and will be here until Monday. I can guarantee you that I will be KEEPING my shirt on---- but I'm NOT sure what Theresa will do---LMAO

Lynn-sounds like you and DH had a nice anniversary yesterday------I sure hope the insurance for that guy comes through and pays for the car repairs. hows HOMER doing??? LOL

cindy

Old 02-22-2001, 09:34 PM   #11  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hi there,
It's cool here again today

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif Happy Anniversary Lynn! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

I'm glad you had such a nice day!

Robin - well, I DID join WW in the city but you know, that is just about a 2 hr. drive and I just haven't been getting there to weigh in. I WILL get there more often when it warms up.
I will make it a 'me' day. I plan on taking a scrapbooking class, getting a pedicure(which I've never had)....stuff like that.
So, even if I can do that twice a month will be great!

viv - ohhhh, St.Thomas; sounds divine
I think my son enjoyed the bike. I gotta get him at it today. We have thought of putting up a rink(our youngest bugs us every year) but we don't really have a 'flat' spot in the yard. That's dh's excuse, anyways.
We take my youngest skating every night(pretty well) into town.(5 miles away)
My oldest never wants to go.

Cindy - I can't wait for the Mardi gras pictures!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif

Have a great day!!

Old 02-22-2001, 11:36 PM   #12  
Princess Buttercup

Hey Everyone!

Less than 24 hours now! Cindy are you ready???!!! LOL Now do you all want pics of me with my shirt up or down! ROFL!!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif

Viv, I'm glad SB is working well for you. Try not to focus so much on the scale, think about how much better you're feeling and can you tell a difference in your clothes? What are you doing for exercise----treadmill right? how often and how long are you walking? How are your plans for Disney coming along? We leave for Disney 3/3! how's your dad?

Jill, wow! that'd be cool---to have an ice skating rink in your yard! (I've never had a pedicure either!)

Yeah, Lynn! we want DETAILS! LOL come on spill it! Congrats on 19 yrs. that's wonderful---it's always nice to hear of successful marriages.

Robin OMG! That would be cool if you got Evan potty trained this summer....he turns 2 this summer right? I've always heard boys are usually older....but if he's interested go for it! My next milestone is GETTTING RID OF CARSEATS!!!!!!!

CAB, good for you joining WW and dusting off those roller blades! I'm proud of you --- how was your first meeting? how are you doing this week?

Viv! now you've got me craving a greek salad! LOL

Better get back to packing! I'm sure Cindy and I will have a minute to post this weekend.

Theresa
Old 02-23-2001, 01:42 AM   #13  
LIFETIMER

Viv-thats quite a lost in just 2 weeks! Keep that up and you will get to your Disney goal!

Farmbabe-a RINK on your property!!! that would be way too cool!!! Do you know anyone with on in their yard?

Theresa-I'm ready, made some Mardi gras dip this morning, and I cut up all the veggies, thats the OP stuff, also made some bread pudding, and pasta salad-----thats the GOOD stuff! LOL DOn't forget to pack some shorts, its nice here, lots of things blooming, you might think you are in the tropics! LOL

Oh, if you get a picture with shirts up----Theresa will be the one with the "boobs" LMAO-------

cindy
Old 02-23-2001, 09:50 PM   #14  
gettn' strong in 2002

Good morning

Yes, Cindy, there are a few people here with rinks in their yards! We aren't too far from the main one, so we don't really need one here.(that is what dh and I say, anyway, lol)

Well, I'm not sure what my plans are for the day. Just thought I'd say HI

Cindy and Theresa- I hope you made it there safe and sound and you 2 are having a super time!!
waiting for pictures...
Old 02-24-2001, 01:05 AM   #15  

good afternoon ladies...i just got back from the mall..it is rainy and yucky here, so me and evan went on a little shopping spree..gymboree is having there 50-70% sale, so i bought the boys a few things for next year...i will only buy things there on sale.

i have done very well op for the last few days, and i have managed to bank 7 pts for the weekend. since i weighed on thursday, i will make that my official check in day. i am hoping i can do this from home...now i don't have the stress of trying to make my meeting...yeah....

cindy..do you or theresa have a digital camera to post us some pictures?? i am anxiously waiting. i don't think i have ever seen pics of the 2 of you...i have seen jill, cab, viv..and i think that is it...and ya'll have seen me...oh yes, please make sure shirts are on!! you girls have fun...if you get bored with all that mardi grasing, take a little drive to dallas and come see me!

evan has disappeared from my sight, better go check on him and write in my journal what i had for lunch before i forget....

bye robin
Closed Thread