Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 08:49 PM   #1  
LIFETIMER

GOOD MORNING,

Robin---good thoughts and prayers are headed your way. please let us know how you are doing.

cindy
Old 02-08-2001, 10:30 PM   #2  
viv

It's not the "C" word for my Dad...some other relatively minor conditions, like bronchitis, pnemonia type stuff, hiatial hernia, scarring....

Thanks for all your support and good wishes. It's nice to have buddies on line as well as here in Snowbury.

Hopefully now I can get back to (relative) normall.......

viv
Old 02-09-2001, 01:01 AM   #3  
LIFETIMER

Viv-thanks for sharing the good news about your dad.

Robin-Good luck to you today, let us know what the doctor tells ya.

cindy
Old 02-09-2001, 03:50 AM   #4  

Hi!

Well I finally got a call from the State of MD Tresurers Office this morning and they are going to send me out a check for $500 to cover my deductible for the gas tank mess. Finally!!!!!! One down! LOL

Cindy - yes, the other guy has insurance, but since it happened in a "parking lot" they have to decide whether we backed into each other, which didn't happen, or if they should cover it. My insurance has already denied him, since he backed into the side of my van. He neglected to tell them that his vision was impaired by the fact that a cart return was blocking him being able to see anything coming at him. DUH!!! I'm still waiting. My foot is still attached. I've been told by the PT that it will take another couple of months to work out. My body must be a mess, because this is going the same way my wrist did. Up the leg. The muscles tense up and as he works on them the next set up the leg get tense and have to be worked on. What a pain in the ********! LOL

Viv - I'm so happy for you and your Dad. At least that is treatable with meds and nothing more is needed. I'm sure that both of you are relieved.

Robin - I'm thinking of you. Keep in touch. A little fairy dust won't hurt either. LOL I'm sending some. POOF!

Farmbabe - how's snow country? We've been told we might break our heat wave for Feb. here. Supposed to reach high 60's tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else. Hope your all having a great day.

Talk to you later.

Lynn
Old 02-09-2001, 06:05 AM   #5  
gettn' strong in 2002

Viv - glad to hear about your dad. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Robin-how did you do today?
Lynn - glad to hear you got a check; 1 more to go! A couple of months yet, huh? jeesh! Well, you should be good by the end of Spring!!

It's going down to 17 below again tonight

Well, I'm on my 3rd day of stabbing pain in my head. She (Dr.)gave me 2 days on meds and if no improvement by tomorrow, I'm to go back and she'll put me on some painkiller that they give epileptics. It makes you drowsy and that is NO good.(I have a busy weekend with my kids....driving included)
So.........I'm really hoping that it IS a sinus infection and will just go away!
My one top row of teeth hurt and 1 ear is red. (everything on the one side hurts)

I did really good all day until 3:30-5:30 it was constant stabbing It finally went away a few mins. ago.
The advil takes it away.

Anyways...........hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 02-09-2001, 10:20 AM   #6  

WOO HOO!!!!! I JUST HAVE A FREAKISHLY LARGE LYMPH NODE!!!! it is normal, just big....the lump was bruised tissue and blood from where i rammed my boob into the stair banister almost 2 months ago..go figure. i will be just fine..yeah...thank you all for your nice thoughts, prayers and fairy dust i am sure it all helped. i found out from the sono lady that 1 out of 4 women are called back after their mammograms..that's alot...i was surprised to hear that...

viv - i am glad to hear your dad doesn't have the big C, i hope everything else goes okay. i think i saw you lost another pound, way to go girl....

jill - sorry you are so sick, yuck...it has been in the 70's here, suppose to change tonight though.

i just wanted to check in real quick, i am going to get a good nights sleep tonight..mil is coming tomorrow afternoon..i will catch up on everyone later...

thanks again for the support ladies....take care all...robin
Old 02-09-2001, 07:22 PM   #7  

Robin-- I was so glad to hear your good news !!! If any good could come of this -- I bet DH won't be taking you for granted any time soon. What a scare. Doesn't it make you just so thankful to have your kids and family etc? It's scary to think how quickly our lives could change so drastically. I have a mammogram next week (ugghhh)
Old 02-09-2001, 08:01 PM   #8  
Princess Buttercup

Morning!

I spent the day at the mall yesterday! Didn't get any bargains, but I did buy some new things to wear!

OH! Robin, thank heavens. I've been concerned about you. I go for a mammogram in May---it'll be my second one. had one as a baseline at 38, then go every year at 40....YIKES can't believe I'm going to be 40 this year http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif just call me "Granny" lol---maybe I'll change my user name to that--- Granny40 !?!

And VIV! same for you! I'm so glad you're dad is ok. congrats on that loss! you're doing great. how do you feel about SB's? do you find you get hungry? how's the new treadmill? are you happy with it?

Lynn, dealing with car ins. can be a nightmare! I had a guy back into my car door in a parking lot too. I was driving down the lane and 'boom' he just put it in reverse and banged right into my car----I was about 7 mos pregnant when it happened---boy was he scared! lol

Hey Jill, we're going to hit 70 today! lol but tonight we'll be back in the 20's lol. how's your head today? advil is good to take for sinus headaches.

got a babysitter coming to sit tomorrow nite, dh and I have a date! woo hoo!

Theresa

Old 02-09-2001, 08:29 PM   #9  
viv

Hey Everyone - Half a second to post before I run around like a lunatic.

Robin - Whew! Nothing like wave of relief, right? I'm happy you can now not worry about this and get on to better things!!!

Everyone - thanks for the good wishes about my Dad. I REALLY appreciate it!

Theresa - SB is great. I am NOT hungry at all and have no craving for sweets. AS a mater of fact, there's been a box of good quality valentines chocolates from my DAD in thehouse that normally I woul dhave broken into already. Not even tempted! Getting ready for Disney? The new treadmill is excellent.

I'll post more over the weekend, I hope....but I gotta get outta here now.

Linn, Lynn, Cin --- That rhymes. Hi!

Viv
http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif
Old 02-09-2001, 09:37 PM   #10  
LIFETIMER

Lynn-hang in there-----things will get better just before you reach the BIG 4-0 and then start falling apart. LOL (I"M KIDDING) LMAO

Robin-GREAT NEWS!!! I know you are relieved!
I've had problems with tumors in my breast since I was 21, and even now with the mysectomy, I still need to get checked every 6 months. Cancer runs rapid in my family. I'm glad that you are all right.

Farmbabe-I'm beginning to worry about those headaches of yours. How are you doing today?

Theresa-sounds like you had fun yesterday. HUMMMMMMM 40 in may!!!! Wonder if DH is going to give you a 40 party??????

Linn-good luck with your mamogram next week.

Viv-sounds like SB is working for ya.

cindy
Old 02-09-2001, 11:39 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone!

Robin - I'm so happy for you!!! That's great news. Now all I have to do is have the same thing happen here on my pap next Friday and we'll both be swinging from the rafters. LOL

Viv - When do you leave for Disney???? PT gave me a magazine for Hawaii. I told him that DH wants to take me there for our 20th anniversary next year. He said he would love to give us all the info he can. He took his courses in Hawaii. Hard way to learn a trade huh? LOL

Theresa - New clothes! Good deal. Enjoy the date...

Cindy - Hey girlfriend, catch up to me. 40 was 4 years back. Now you can tell me how everthing goes downhill afterwards right. LOL

Jill - Get well real soon. I know what your going through. Do you have an ear infection to? Barry, Rachel and I just got over those double ear infections. Doctor told me last Friday that I still have fluid in my right ear though. Now I'm getting sinus headaches. Guess it's going to take it's own good old time to go away for sure.

Linn - HI!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Supposed to hit upper 60 here today and tomorrow.

Talk to you later.
Lynn
Old 02-10-2001, 01:52 AM   #12  
LIFETIMER

Lynn-well you see, things really do fall apart when you reach 40 LMAO

cindy
Old 02-10-2001, 07:31 AM   #13  

Funny weather here in IL today. 55 and rain this am and teens and snowing tonight. Weird. We just about got the snow gone and now we're getting more. No spring yet I guess.

Robin--Glad you're ok! Very scary. I guess I better go for a mammogram sometime.

Viv--So glad to hear your dad isn't seriously ill.

Karl is going to a sock hop tonight. What do elementary kids do at a sock hop?

He has a friend sleeping over Sun. night (no school MOn.--Lincoln's bday--this is IL you know). I have to admit I don't enjoy it when my kids have sleepovers. I guess that's why they only get to do it once or twice a yr! Emma has one next weekend.

Sounds like all are doing well.

Theresa--When's Disney? Sounds great.

Ellie
Old 02-11-2001, 08:10 AM   #14  
LIFETIMER

HELLO HELLO HELLO

ANYONE HOME?????????

HUMMMMMMMM looks like I'm home alone!

Oh well,

Ellie, how did you son enjoy the sock hop last night? Do you have any fun things planned for the sleepover tomorrow night?

So where is everyone?

cindy
Old 02-12-2001, 10:54 AM   #15  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hi,
I'm here but our power keeps going out again.
I'm on my way for a pain-free 4 hrs. My last episode was 2 hrs. long and I was ready for dh to take a gun and shoot me.(well...no)

I did get those meds. I talked about and they aren't doing squat.

My sis is manager the CCU unit at the Univ. Hospital in the city. She told me to get in there tomorrow by 8 a.m. dh and I will have to leave around 6. (she said that early, I shouldn't have to wait)
I can't take this anymore.

So by 9 your time in the a.m. think of me. Send those pain-free vibes my way!
Closed Thread