Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 05:28 AM   #1  
Teacher chick

Especially Setina... my doctor prescribed a drug for my headaches today. It's for migraine and tension headaches (mine are tension) called Midrin. Anyone ever hear of this?

Thanks!
Judy
Old 02-15-2001, 09:01 AM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Judy - I have never heard of that medicine - my sister gets migraines (not all that often though - but once in a while) and is on Imitrex. I am sure you have tried that one!! I hope you have good luck with it. I hope your migraines go away forever!!! Tara

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!
Old 02-18-2001, 06:30 AM   #3  

Hi Judygal:

Just had to say "Hi" to you. Sorry I don't know much about migraines. Used to get them all the time until I asked for a transfer from
a boss I couldn't stand. They gave me a 3-month or a 6-month temporary transfer, and when my old boss asked me if I was coming back, I said "No". He said he needed me!!!! I said that I was happy where I was and the new boss said I could stay if I wanted to. He asked me whether I liked the new job and I said "I don't know what I am doing over here, but I do know that I haven't had a headache since I left so I am staying here and am making it permanent.

Judygal, how have you been? I haven't been in
touch with the Nightowls in a long time. I am so sorry about your migraines. I did take some prescription for them in the 1960's or 1970's and the doctor said I would have to take them for life. After I didn't have any headaches for quite a while I quit taking the
medicine and then when I would get one once in a while, a Stanback powder would snap me out of it right away. I am sure the medicines of today are better than what they had 30 or more years ago. I can't remember but I bet if I asked my sister Judy she would remember the name of what I took. She can't remember what happened yesterday or 3 hours ago, but she has a good memory for ancient things. If you ask me to, I will check with her. My email is still [email protected]

Love my Judygal,
Freddie
Old 02-18-2001, 08:44 AM   #4  
Teacher chick

FREDDIE!!!!!! Holy cow! I lost your email address when our old computer died. I will email you tonight. I have so much to tell you. I have missed you so much!!!!

Love,
Judy

[This message has been edited by judygal (edited 02-17-2001).]
Old 02-23-2001, 04:18 AM   #5  
Getting back on track!

Hi Judy!

Sorry you are still suffering as am I. I have been sick with those, the flu, sinusitus and bronchitis. Midrin was one of the first medications they gave me and it didn't do a thing for me...I hope it helps you. The Maxalt XL (I think those are the letters) and fiornal are the only things helping me. I am on neurontin to and going to talk to my doctor because I am still gaining weight like crazy while I am trying to loose...I mean I have been so sick and just eating chicken broth and drinking water and I have not lost one pound.
Let me know how the Midrin works for you.
Love ya
Setina

PS-Freddie-I have missed you girl. Great to see you post. I checked out your picture too and you are beautiful!
Old 02-23-2001, 06:14 AM   #6  
Teacher chick

Hey Setina, The Midrin doesn't do "jack" for me but I'm still not giving up yet. Steve (hubby) is on the neurontin for his MS. He is up to 6 pills a day. He's gotten real puffy too.

Let us both have a headache free weekend.
Judy
Old 03-16-2001, 03:52 AM   #7  

Default I have a friend with Fibro that has migraines too!

She takes the neurontin and it helps her alot!

Judy do you think the neurontin made Steve puffy?????????

She says she has lost weight since starting it! I sure don't want to try it if I'm gonna gain the weigh back then I will feel worse!
Old 03-16-2001, 07:39 AM   #8  
Teacher chick

Oh gosh yes, Steve's put on weight since on the neurontin. Maybe 10 lbs. He's not happy about that.
Old 03-16-2001, 08:16 AM   #9  
Teacher Lady

I am a teacher and prone to tension headaches. My doctor gave me Norgesic Forte and I find it is wonderful.
Also, I go for massage therapy every few months and that works wonders.
Closed Thread