Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 01:58 AM   #1  

Default LATE late night "snacking"/eating ..

Hello everyone. I'm sorta new to this forum (just posted my "newbie" thread not too long ago!! lol) and after just talking to my BF who's bringing home "dinner" (yes ... he'll be home from work at about 3 am lol ... made me start thinking about our eating habits even more ... there's not much available from mcdonalds *puke* lol at 3 am, so I'm stuck with chicken nuggets ... the healthiest thing they make this time of night ... our eating habits are waaaaayyyy off ... I work M & W from 10:30-2 (give or take a bit depending on how busy we are), Th from 10:30-8 pm, and Fri from 8 am - 2 ... my BF works Wed - Sun from 5 pm - 3 am (except Fri/Sat when he goes in at 7 instead of 5), so our eating is just way screwed up .. not to mention my sleep lol .. I take naps while he's at work then wake up about 1-2 am so that I can hang out with him for a few hours before going back to bed, then waking up AGAIN in the morning for work .. lol .. so basically we eat once/day while we're home together, or I'll eat while he's at work if we're not hungry before he leaves, and then we eat when he gets home ... *sometimes* ... I don't usually eat at work, b/c they don't have a lot available "health" wise, other than salads... and they definately don't have too many healthy dressings ... as far as the soups go, they usually have beans in them which I don't like, and my stomach is unfortunately a mess from stress, and having my gallbladder removed in may 2000 ... so eating can be hard for me sometimes b/c if I eat the "wrong" thing (which honestly could be anything depending on how my stomach is at the time ..) then I end up either sick or in the bathroom every lil bit for a loong time .. ... soo anyways ... I guess what I'm asking is for some advice on how to help curb the late night snacking/eating and perhaps get on a more "balanced" eating schedule ?? for anyone out there who's on somewhat opposite shifts from their BF/Hubby/SO ... if you have any tips as to how you stay away from eating late (and eating Junk ???) I'd definately appreciate it !!

Thanks in advance and best of luck to yas!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:59 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hockey: Eek, that's tough. Have you though maybe say during Sundays taking a few hours and cooking up a batch of easy to eat foods like chicken breasts. I find a good way to avoid eating is to avoid the kitchen and keep myself busy. Exercise is also a great appetite suppressant. Also maybe cut up some fresh veggies and keep your house stocked with stuff like LF popcorn and fruit. Maybe examine you schedules and make an eating schedule you could live with and still have some time together with your spouse.

Anyhoo good luck!

Ali
Old 08-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #3  

Hey, thanks again for the response! I've actually done a bit better the past few days with this too ... the past 2 nights when we've "snacked" I've been healthier with some cottage cheese and fruit ... last night I had a little bit of pasta (not a "full" serving) with some FF spray butter & a little parmesan cheese ... I still don't want to be eating too many starches late at night, but at least I'm on the road to doing better! I've talked to my BF and we're working on getting some better food into the house and trying to figure out a good cooking "schedule" so that we're able to eat home cooked, healthier meals more often!

Thanks again!
Closed Thread