Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:55 AM   #16  

Linda,
I am so happy that you are on the road to recovery. Wish we were there to help.

Lana,
Hi! Welcome. I am Terri and I am 45 and have 3 children. I have been married for 22 years. I have lost over 60 and am a lifetime member. I did it on points so I think I will stick with flexpoints. I can't handle any kind of deprivation. I am spoiled. When I get told what to eat and they tell me I can't eat something I rebel. Good luck and I hope you like the Core Plan. There are people on the Boot Camp Buddies that call it the FLORE PLAN. They combine both plans.

Es,
You are so cute.

Dianne,
Hi. That is great that you are happy about the move. Good luck!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 08-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #17  

Thanks for welcoming me to the group. I lost all my weight on the old plan before the point system. I kept the weight for several years,then gradually gained it back. I let my unhealthy eating habits take over. I feel ready to stay on the right track this time.
I plan to go to WW on Saturday to hear about the new plan. Talk to you later.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:49 AM   #18  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Talking

Hi Girls

Terri, I like the Flex Plan better than the Core. I'll stick with the Flex for now. I think I'll scoot on over to BCB's & see what they have to say about it.

Lana, I'm 50 years old but feel like I'm 30. I've been married for 24 yrs. My second marriage & it's been wonderful. I have a son, David, 33 years old who is my life. I have 2 dogs. Sammy is a Pug & Susie a chihuahua. I'm a legal secretary. I've been working at the same place for 16 years. You'll love it here. Hope you stick with us.

Dianne, how exciting! When is the BIG move? PP lady said her a** is cuter than his face. I said, yeah right! WHATEVER and kept walking. I'm not giving her the satisfaction anymore in showing her that she upsets me.

I'm trying to form a group at work to have WW come in. How many people do we need & do we pay the same?

Have to get ready to step out for awhile.

Be back later.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 08-27-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:51 AM   #19  

Es,
I think the Points Police must be a genius. She skipped all formal education and went straight from 3rd grade to work. WOW!!!!
Terri
Old 08-27-2004, 12:15 PM   #20  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Es, her *** probably looks better than her face

Oh, and good one Terri!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 08-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #21  

we Love Es And Sammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:21 AM   #22  

Wink

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hello and have a great weekend.
I am going back to WW in am to get back on track and hear about the new program. Have a feeling I will stay with the points,but will have to see.

Does anyone have an easy way to explain how to chang the font, color, etc? I can't get it to work

Talk to everyone soon. Hope I can learn all your names.

Lana
Old 08-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #23  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default You guys are GREAT!

Before I even say HELLO (ok, hi you's guys), I am ashamed that you continue to talk to me here in your posts and I don't even look in. This even after an email wondering where I was. I have no excuse other than a busy life. But to not give time to you all who have pushed and pulled me through some rough times......well, that is so crazy.

<sigh> So here I am, can't even remember how to get around this place....
I am reading all your posts on the "new plan". I've only "heard" about it since my WW meetings are Saturday mornings and I'm going to be leaving shortly. What I have heard is making me nervous but I am going with an open mind and will listen to y'all here too.....

Ok....so I had been doing so well.....lost about 45 pounds....remember that guys? Remember how wonderful I was doing? Well, I went up about 25 of those pounds but I'm back on track now, having lost some of it. I did start working out.......you that know me and how I HATE exercise....but I hired a personal trainer for 2 times a week. I have gone about 4 times now and my weight has gone up some. I am not going to get discouraged because I know that weight training will build muscle and muscle weighs more than this 'fluff' I have. haha...

So's not to ramble on here......I missed you all and have thought of you constantly. I don't think a week went by when I didn't think of you's guys and that I really should POP in to see ya's. So if you still love me, I'm here. And thank you for occassionally mentioning me. It's so nice to know that even though I'm lost, I am not forgotten.

I'll just sign off "ME".....

love you's guys,
Me <><

Last edited by Zoe; 08-28-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

See, now I'm thinking that her *** and her face are probably identical

Es, I'm proud of you for not rising to the bait and getting into it with her! People like that absolutely HATE to be ignored, that's your best course of action.

Dianne, How cool! I was hoping you'd make the move. It may sound selfish, but at this stage of our lives, it's time to think about us....life is way too short! When is the move?

Zoe, welcome back! We will always be here, rain or shine, weigh loss or gain. Good to know you're well.

I am glad this week is over. I returned home from work on Thursday, when the humidity here was 90%, to find the house a stifling 84 degrees, with the air running! We had planned on replacing the central air unit next year, but it made up our minds for us. We're getting quotes now, for a whole new system, furnace and air....ouch!

Had a blast last night. The village I work for holds a big street festival each year; we were "voluntold" to work at least a 2 hour shift. I chose selling beer tickets...there was no way I was going to work the beer tappers and pour/serve! The place was packed,thousands of people,we were very busy. I worked two shifts, from 6till 8, then 8 till 10, and was exhausted afterwards. Free beer all night for us was a good thing It was in the 80's with almost 100% humidity, very uncomfortable.

Hi to Sandy, Ruth, Linda, Lana, Janie, Terri
~Jen
Old 08-28-2004, 04:48 PM   #25  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

WELCOME BACK ZOE! We kept hoping you'd come back. How's that beautiful house coming along? I'm going to WW tomorrow. I want to hear other opinions on the Core Plan. Don't be a stranger.

Jen, it's been humid for us too. I hate it. I can't deal with hot humid weather. I stay indoors with the AC on. At least you can go in the pool. Getting a new AC system sounds pretty expensive.

Lana, how did your meeting go?

Terri, you are so sweet. I saw 2 Pug puppies yesterday. I felt like bringing them home. They were 2 months old. Sooooooo cute.

I'll be back later.

Luv you guys
Old 08-28-2004, 08:47 PM   #26  

Zoe,
Welcome back. We missed you. You know you can stay with us even if life is causing you to not be able to stick to this.

Lana,
How did your meeting go?

Jen,
Fun time. I love the "voluntold." Britts is using that from now on.

Es,
I want one of those Pugs. They sound adorable.

I lost 2 pounds today.
I am definitely sticking to flexpoints. I feel free with it and it works great with me.
It is definitely the way I want to live. The CORE PLAN is just 2 much like a diet. The Flexpoints is a lifestyle to me.
I will use the CORE PLAN if I need to if I gain a few or hit a plateau etc... I have never had to do that on the way down but you never know.
Every member of our meeting said they were sticking with the Flexpoints. A lot were scared they wouldn't know when they were satisfied and they also said there weren't enough points for NON CORE food. They had too many snacks and side dishes that were NON CORE. They said they would need at least 50 a week. LOL

TTYL,
Terri
Old 08-28-2004, 10:50 PM   #27  

Hi everyone!
I am so glad I went back to WW today. I hadn't been for about 2 months and I had gained. I am back on the program and decided to stay with the flex plan. The core plan sounded boring and difficult to go out to eat on.
I went to Applebee's for lunch with a friend and had the WW Sizzling chicken skillet and the chocolate raspberry cake. It was a yummy meal!! My leader probably won't be there next week--she is due any day now and is ready to have the baby. I will miss her. She is energetic and a fun leader.
You guys all take care. Talk to you soon!!

Lana
Old 08-29-2004, 02:12 AM   #28  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

ZoeGirl!!!!!!!! Welcome back girl! We missed you very much and remember its like we're married here - that means through thick and thin, . Its great that you have the personal trainer, that will really give you a push. Don't feel bad, you're getting back on track and that's the important thing. I'm so glad to hear from you!

Linda, how are you feeling? I hope your pain is not so bad now. We miss you too.

Es, those doggies do sound cute. Alana is already bugging me to get a dog for the new place. She's leaving to go back to school tomorrow My baby girl! If we were to get one, and that's a BIG if, it would have to be a tiny dog that doesn't grow, nice and fluffy and one that doesn't lick me - that grosses me out Well, if its tiny, it will probably have a tiny tongue so maybe that won't be too bad

Lana - The way to change colors is to pick a color and then it tells you to enter the text to be formatted, so you just type what you want in color. Don't know if that explains it but terri or one of the other women can probably give you a better explanation.. That sizzling chicken and chocolate cake sound yummyyyyyyyyy!

Jen too funny about the identical butt and face - twins! We'll be moving October 1st, which gives us a month to get packed and ready, thank God. I'm planning on throwing a lot of stuff out - we are really pack rats.
We're looking forward to sitting out on our deck or in the back yard - things we can't do now. Most important, we're looking forward to having our family over on Christmas Eve the way we used to and other occasions too. Alana reminded me that when she graduates next May, we can have a graduation party for her in the backyard. I think it will be a good move for us, but I will miss Howard Beach - I feel sad when I go to Charles Park now, knowing I won't be coming back next summer....but like Lisa and Lizette keep telling me - there's lakes and parks in Staten Island too Sorry to hear about your air conditioning problem. Glad you had such a good time at the festival -sounds like fun.

Terri, congrats on the 2 lbs loss Great job. I think I will stick with the flex points too - although I haven't really checked into the Core Plan, its sounds restricting and too much of a hassle. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Well, I'll say good night or maybe good morning - its 2:41 a.m. I'll talk to you's guys tomorrow.

Sandy, Ruthie and Janie.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 08-29-2004 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:25 AM   #29  

Good Morning Ladies,

And it really is morning. it is 4:19 am and I can't sleep. Hubby is snoring in the bedroom, I went to get on the couch and the dog was scratching and making all kinds of noise, so I decided to sit at the computer for a few minutes.

LANA, welcome to our group. My name is Ruth, I'll be 46 next month, I've been married to my 2nd husband for 20 years in November. I have 2 daughters from my previous marriage. They are 26 and 23. I have a stepdaughter who is also 23. We have a total of 6 grandbabies with 1 more on the way. I'm a full time student and work 20 hours a week at the university as a student worker. I should graduate in May with a degree in acounting and hopefully will find a "real job".

ZOE, welcome back! Girl, you pulled one of my stunts. I have a habit of letting a busy life keep me away from the group sometimes. How is the new home? So glad you are back on track, you'll have that weight off in no time at all.

Well, I'm beginning to get sleepy, let me try the sofa again.

Ruth
Old 08-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Some of the people at work are talking about forming a WW group at work. They've done it in the past, and are trying to rekindle the interest in it. So far there are about 6 of us who are ready to do it. Apparently they're concerned with what leader they'll get; it seems there aren't that many who are available for the at work program. We'll see what happens. I think being side by side with others on the program all day would be a definite bonus, and an aid in getting me through the evenings, which are my downfall.

Dianne,
What a great fresh start you and Willie will have! ...and you know how I love fresh starts Seriously, it will be awesome to have your own yard, Christmas Eve, etc. While you have fond memories of Howard Beach, think of the new traditions you'll be beginning in Staten Island!

Lana,
good job on going back to WW! good luck

Terri,
WEIGH TO GO!! congrats on the loss! I know I'll be sticking with flexpoints, am at the point that it's a bonus if I stay on program, much less learn a new diet...yuck!

Ruth,
When do you go back to school? If I awaken at 4 a.m., I usually stay up, but then pay for it later by going to bed early Can't win!

Yesterday was a very productive day in terms of running errands and getting things done around the house. Today I'm tackling the bedroom...closet and dressers. I had Jessica come in and do some cleaning on Thursday. She's not working and can use the extra money. I definitely don't want to do floors, so it's the perfect arrangement. Plus I don't want a stranger in my home. So I returned home from work on Thursday to freshly waxed and waxed floors...it was very cool.

have a great Sunday,
~Jen
Closed Thread