Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 08:53 PM   #1  

Thumbs down

well hello...we all managed to fill up another thread..don't forget to go back and read to keep up!!

lynn - i can't believe you are still getting cold weather, i have been going through the boys summer clothes to see what they might need..the weather has been great here. ...alot of people here have trampolines, but they all have the ones with the nets around them..aren't those suppose to be safer? hope dh gets good news...and what news are you expecting to hear from the gyn? take care of yourself.

cindy - my mom really wants us to go to shreveport together and do some gambling for the weekend, i have been twice and had fun both times...enjoy your time off.

theresa - don't think i didn't spot that pb egg..i read the fat grams and went for the marshmallow one instead....good luck with the party, charlie has wanted a bouncy house too, but it always rains on his bday so i always make sure i plan an indoor party away from the house i had 22 kids show for his this year, pre-school, soccer, friends and family...glad it was at chuck e cheese....way to go on the straight A's!!!

well, i have managed to walk the last 2 nights, skipped tonight..charlie has soccer practice and i had to stay home with evan to get his crunchy butt in bed..no nap today, he was a little monster. i have plans to walk tomorrow though!

viv - almost forgot about you....let me know about the book, for now i still have the maids twice a month, but that doesn't mean i don't have to clean everyday!!!! keep us posted on your dad.

well, i guess that is it for now...later all..robin
Old 04-19-2001, 01:14 AM   #2  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hey there,
68 degrees today; felt great. I had quite the day; I'm exhausted.
I cleaned the windows, put the screens on, cleaned up some straw bales that were kinda all over the yard, worked on the pond, then around 4 the one cow in the corral was starting to sound funny so I checked and she was in labor.
Came in, made supper. dh said if 'nothing showing' in an hr. to come and get him(he was in a tractor in the field) so sure enough, I had to go get him.
So, we ended up having to put the cow in a thing called a shute and had to pull the calf. My head got in the way and dh elbowed me so I have a fat lip.
Long story short, we have a cute(big) new calf. There is NO way that mother would have had it herself.

Then tonight my youngest son and I worked on the pond again.
I'll try and get back in here tomorrow
Old 04-19-2001, 07:16 AM   #3  
Princess Buttercup

Default Morning

Hi Guys!

Well Lynn, I'm relieved about the tramp! and a big thumbs up on the volleyball net! that sounds like fun!

Robin, thanks for starting up a new thread.....I though about it yesterday, but so many people had already post that day, I didn't want to break it up. how many fat grams in a pb-egg? I have no idea! lol WOW! 22 kids in your house! I'm praying (even to the weigh watcher Gods) for no rain on Sat!

Jill, I can't believe it's warmer at your house than mine! what's up with that?! lol --- I can't imagine chains that's gotta HURT?!

yesterday, I had the munchies pretty bad......it sure adds up fast! I'll do better today----cause Sat is weigh in day! so I'd better shape up fast or it'll be a big fat +

you all take care, Theresa
Old 04-19-2001, 05:48 PM   #4  
LIFETIMER

HI

Lynn-Glad to hear that THERE WILL BE NO TRAMPOLINE in your back yard. My son broke his arm on one in our back yard 5 years ago. He broke both bones in 2 places, had to have surgery, wore a cast for 5 months, and was under the doctors care, (without being discharged) for 18 months, ALL to the tune of 8,000.00!!! I never realized a broke bone could cost so much. We sold that Trampoline immediately, and HE would NOT get on one now for love or money.

Theresa-I hope you have fun with all the kiddies running around for the birthday party. AND I hope the weather holds out for you.

Robin-how close are you to SHreveport? You and your mom should go, we had a blast. Only spend $15 and played the slot machine for over 2 hours, kept winning a little, and reinvesting for the big pot, which we never won. LOL

The play last night, was awesome, we totally enjoyed ourselves. IT was a nice break to spend some time together.

Farmbabe-living on a farm sounds interesting and hard at the same time.

Hi to everyone else

cindy
Old 04-20-2001, 09:12 AM   #5  
LIFETIMER

WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS!!!!!!!!!

T.G.I.F.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY THERESA!!!!!!!!!

Cindy
Old 04-20-2001, 10:35 AM   #6  

Morning Everyone!

At the library right now. So nice to come here without kids to say "let's get out of here NOW"! LOL

Theresa - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! and many, many more! I'm always glad to celebrate all the good things in life.

Cindy - I'm here! Went to Starbucks for coffee this morning and enjoyed every sip!

Well DH is ready to leave (what was I saying about kids LOL). Hi to everyone else!

If I don't get back on later, have a great weekend.

Talk to you all later.

Lynn
Old 04-20-2001, 12:07 PM   #7  
gettn' strong in 2002

HI there

Yes, it is getting busy here now. dh and 1 son have been in tractors all week cultivating the fields.(getting ready to plant)
It is still cool here We had 1 nice warm day this week.

Happy Anniversary, Theresa! How many years?

I guess I should go plan some suppers(my hardest challenge being OP).

Have a super day
Old 04-20-2001, 12:56 PM   #8  

Hi everyone --
Theresa -- Happy anniversary ! How many years? we are celebrating our 15th in August & I thought you were close to that. I am hokey and remember our 1st date, engagement ann. and wedding ann (& something else )
Jill -- what a lot of work on a farm?! How's the calf doing?
Cindy -- counting down?
Viv -- are you back OP? SB is hard with so much S around.
Lynn -- sounds like everyone's pretty healthy down there. How will you fill your days -- just kidding.
CAB -- How's the move coming along. We were looking. Basically, we are happy where we are. To get the few things we want plus keep the things we like -- it would be our house plus A LOT of money. I think we'll stay put.
Ellie -- Friday has come & gone & is here again -- hint hint.
We had a sad story-- A family from our dance studio lost their Dad (only 45). He had leukemia. They have 2 beautiful little girls (13 & 10). It's so sad.
Then we have these other friends who basically have everything (material) that you could imagine. And the father has been cheating on the wife for 4 months. They might be able to work things out. It gets me mad, though. Life can throw you all sorts of curve balls. If you are lucky enough to be healthy & do well, why mess things up yourself? It's very hard on the kids.
Then again in NYC, there are plenty of women who are on a mission to get a successful guy . DH was in the city a few months ago at a business meeting at a famous steak house. A group of guys went out after dinner. He said these women came up to them. DH was talking about his wife & kids & one women still would not leave him alone. She just said that she'd been with married men before. Shocked DH (thank goodness). His friend overheard a girl he passed on the way back from the men's room say that she was determined to leave with a guy that night who made at least a million dollars a year. People are nuts.
Old 04-20-2001, 01:18 PM   #9  

Default hi gals...

wating on my stupid maid who was suppose to be here at 9!!! not showing now til 2..i should fire her!!

cindy - i think i am about 2 1/2-3hrs from shreveport..i really can't remember for sure, it has been so long since i have gone. i would really like to go with my mom, it would be fun..and we would spend the night..no kids! glad to hear ya'll had fun.

theresa - happy anniversary!! i am sending no rain wishes your way! have fun

linn - what an awful story, 45 is very young....and about the other thing...those sluts!!! my dh doesn't seem to interested in other women, i hope, but i am amazed about how single women will throw themselves at married men and not think anything about it. shame shame shame...

i weigh on monday, so will be back for sure by then..i know i have at leat lost another pound, hoping for 2..

check with ya later..have a lovely weekend

robin

almost forgot...hi lynn and jill
Old 04-20-2001, 04:07 PM   #10  
Princess Buttercup

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! it's 16 yrs for us! and I'm happy to say, I'm still very happy!

My mom is driving in from St. Louis this evening for Stephanie's b-day party tomorrow. Then tomorrow nite dh and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary looking forward to that.

planning to go to WW in the morning. then run a few last minute errands before the b-day party. sure hope the weather holds out ......can't imagine 16 pre-schoolers running wild in my house! YIKES! lol

Robin, well least yours will eventually show up, mines vacationing in the Smokey Mountains this week......hmmmm what's wrong with this picture?! LOL I've worked my *ss off cleaning this house today! I need a backrub......where's a dh when you need one lol

Jill, I'm just curious....how many acres to you have and how many head of cattle?

Lynn, glad you enjoyed your coffee---you deserve it! I love Starbucks how's things going with you?

Poor Poor Cindy, Roger is gone! now who are you going to root for?

Linn, Ellie, CAB, Viv

Theresa
Old 04-20-2001, 07:47 PM   #11  

Default survivor...

i told ya'll according to letterman colby is the winner....and dh heard a rumor that the girls are the next 2 voted off, which will leave keith and colby....keith does nothing for me....and i was very disappointed and surprised that tina voted roger off!! tsk tsk...

anyway, that is all that i know...i only watch the last 1/2, i love friends and it was new last night, funny funny.

have a good one. ...robin
Old 04-20-2001, 08:29 PM   #12  

Default hi, all

Linn--Thanks for remembering that I'm the Fri. gal! Really wish it was more but can't post from home and at work I can only do it when no one else is here (I'd get fired) so it's Friday nights! Didn't work last Fri. Yippee! (Don't like my job much. At least it's part time.) Thanks for putting up with me.

Jill--I love your farm stories. Congrats on calf. Most of my family farms in downstate Ill. Makes me homesick.

Theresa--16 yrs.! Yippee! We'll be 20 in June. I'm glad to say I love my DH too. (And he's my best friend.)

Those liquid diets will do it! It would all catch up with me the next week though. Always happens. Are you all better? My Emma threw up at school today. Ick. Wonder if it's the same thing?

Ok, Viv, are you listening? I'm giving SB a try. I got the book and I don't know if all the stuff about insulin producing foods is accurate or not (Theresa, read it and give me your medical opinion) but I figure it won't hurt me any (no refined sugar has to be a good thing, right?) and I'm sure I'd lose weight since you can't eat anything! I can deal with the sugar but the no flour, no potatoes, no corn is hard! Ok, ques., no honey, right? What bread can I eat? NAtural ovens and everything else has either honey or fructose or something in it. Know a good site for food info. for SB? I can't find anything on the SB threads at 3fc site. Do I have to calculate glycemic index etc.? (Too much figuring for me.)

Cindy--Am. Pediatric Assoc. has warned people against trampolines, haven't they? I wasn't happy when my son came home from a friend's last week and said he'd beenon their trampoline.

Robin--Did the maid show up?

Lynn--I'm at the library too. But I work here...

Hi to all else.

We're working on buying a new van. A car dealer actually kicked us out yesterday because he thought our offer was too low! Didn't want to bargain. I went through the Edmund's site and got an offer from a dealer 1/2 hr. from here. We made a deal over the phone. A bit scary. Anybody done that before?
Old 04-21-2001, 10:49 PM   #13  
LIFETIMER

Lynn-Howdy, how is Les doing with PT. and has he gone back to work yet?

Theresa-did the kids have fun at the birthday party? How was dinner out with DH for your anniversary. YOU have a MAID????? You dirty rat, you've been withholding that precious piece of info. I'm rooting for ELIZABETH, but I know she won't win.

Linn-YES, I am counting down. I reopen Monday, we had the whole week off for Easter/Spring break. I have 5 weeks of school with NO days off. Thats really sad about those young girls losing their dad. Aren't you glad that you have a faithful husband, SOME people (those women) have NO concious!

Robin-I was disappointed in TINA too for voting RODGER off. Seems to me that she would have wnted to vote the one that was more of a threat to her, and leave my man alone. LOL I still think that RODGER went out in style. HE was such a gentle-man!!!!!!

Ellie-I'm not sure if the AM. Pediatric assoc. has warned people about trampolines, but I'm sure glad we don't have one in our back yard again. HOW, my son never broke his neck is a total surprise to me. We were fortunate that he ONLY broke his arm.

will check in tomorrow

cindy
Old 04-23-2001, 09:55 AM   #14  
Princess Buttercup

Default Morning!

Hey Everyone!

It's been a busy weekend here. my mom drove in from St. Louis for daughter's b-day party......which I might add was a major sucess! the moom walk was a wonderful idea! the kids jumped and jumped and jumped! one little boy told his mom he wants one for his backyard! lol

I did very well on program. had "a" piece of cake and that was that. DH and I went out to dinner Friday nite for our anniversary.....made good choices for dinner too. did have a dessert though----only ate 1/2 of it. so that's good.

I lost 1.2 at WW Sat morning. bringing my total to -34.2! I've lost 22.6 since Jan of this year! It's amazing what following the program as it's written will do! lol

I'd better go, have a lot to do. My mom just left this morning.....need to get my house back in order. DH left for Wash DC Sunday and I'm flying out with the kids Weds to meet him there.......very nervous about flying out with the kids alone!

you all take care. Theresa
Old 04-23-2001, 10:29 AM   #15  

Default hello.

ooh theresa...you loser you congrats, you are doing so well. glad your party was a success. enjoy washington.

ellie - let us know how sb is going..viv swears by it. yes, the maid did show..late, but she showed.

cindy - roger did go out in style...what a guy.

viv - where are you...yoo hooo.....

well, i weighed this morning...down 1, makes my 3 week total 10 lbs! i have a regular scale at home..do any of you have a digital scale? and do you like it? let me know please.

hi to lynn, linn, and jill.....take care..

later..robin
Closed Thread