5 ft to 5 ft 3 5 19.23%
5 ft 4 to 5 ft 8 16 61.54%
5 ft 9 to 6 ft 4 15.38%
above 6 foot 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 02:23 PM   #16  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello Ladies! I am 5'8'' tall and very distressed because I like to think of myself as tall, but KIRSTY you have put me in the average group. How could you???!!! Actually it's funny, because I was this tall when I was 11 years old, seriously. I had to have medical checks every few months when I was a kid, they were worried I wouldn't stop growing. I think I was in the 98th or 99th percentile. But when I was 11 I suddenly stopped. And now I'm average ... ah well. I'll just have to live with it ...

Hugs to everyone who's having hubby/BF troubles. Whoever mentioned cabin fever has probably got it about right. I swear this time of year makes us all antsy. Of course I have the opposite trouble, I am missing Blokey sooooooooooo much, but he's coming on Tuesday! YIPPEE! Don't know what I'm going to do until then because Spain takes Easter very seriously and everything closes down so I am going to be BORED unless I make a big effort. Hmm. Biggest danger will be food, especially because it's pre-TOM and I could eat the apartment. Wish me luck!

Gotta go now, I want to have a bath before Big Brother...

love
Lolly
xxx
Old 04-11-2001, 02:43 PM   #17  
Parrothead

Default I'm glad theres only one more day...

I am so swamped at work today (go figure). Thank goodness that I was able to pull myself away for WI. The big news is that I lost 3#!!!! After the 1.2 gain last week this was a good step. I am now 2.8 away from goal. Yeaaaa!!!!

Ok enough about my excitement. I'll try to respond as best as I can. My memory is not so good these days.
As for the poll, I'm a middle gal. I thought I was 5'6" for the longest time, but the last time I was measured I am at 5'5". Boo hoo! I always wanted to be taller. I guess all of the smoking in my growing years hurt me.

Kim ~ good luck at WI. I love the cheesy sit coms as well. DH hates it when I watch TNBC on Saturdays.

Belle ~ Don't worry about the vent. It sounds like you and BF are doing better. I wouldn't apologize for feeling resentful towards the ex. That is completely natural since she still calls and such. He should understand your feelings on the matter, too. You were just joking if I understood you correctly, so he shouldn't have taken it so seriously. Don't be hard on yourself. I would have been ticked off if someone from DH past couldn't get over him and wouldn't leave us alone. I think you are doing the right thing by taking some Belle Time. If I we're you (which I am not, so take this with a grain of salt...), I would talk with him about your concerns and see how he reacts. If he is understanding, then that is a good thing. These issues are just better to get out in the open instead of bottling them up. Good luck and I hope ya'll grow stronger from this. I'm glad you had fun at U2!

Brenda ~ I wish I had a snow day. No fair! Its 80 here and really humid. yuk! Welcome to Texas summer. I've got to play football in this mess tonight!

Tonya ~ You have to post a pic of the new do! It sounds really cute.

Stacy ~ That is how I was with my hair. I didn't touch it before the wedding but right after it was chopped. All of the styling and veil stuff messed up my healthy hair, so I had to do something. Now I love the shorter hair.

Trish ~ I own a ton of 80s movies! Pretty in Pink is one of my faves. How 'bout that prom dress! Too funny!

Jen and Suzanne ~ I can no longer eat the stuff I used to without getting sick. I even have to order less cheese on my pizza to keep myself from getting sick. On the good side, I haven't had a gall bladder attack since getting off of the fattier foods.

Hello to all I'm missing!

Smoke free update: Yet another day without! 11 days without cigs. Thanks for all ya'lls support. Its getting easier, but I still have to fight the urge a lot.

I have to get back to my software testing...fun
Kay
Old 04-11-2001, 02:52 PM   #18  

Default so bored!

Hi. I am so bored today! Thank goodness it is Wednesday, I don't think I could do this all week. There is nothing going on at my client sites lately and I have been terribly bored. when I get bored, I get restless and want to leave. I could get so much accomplished if only I oculd leave when the work was done! Too bad it doesn't happen that way though.

So I ate my stew, orange and pudding for lunch. My new thing to curb my cravings is Hershey's TasteTastions. they are 3 for 1 point, hard sucking candies. They are so yummy and help my cravings. I have had my 3 for the day so hopefully I can resist having any more. I need to buy some more at the store tonight. I am plannin g a big grocery run to re-stock the house. I think I will make 0 point soup to have in the house. don't know what else I am in the mood for though.

So, I haven't done any school work which is the one thing I should do during slow times at work. I can never get interested or motivated, make no progress, feel worse - vicious cycle. Argh, how frustrating.

Lolly - Have a fun Easter in spain. It will be neat to see the difference. I spent Easter in Vienna, Austria when I was in France for a semester. It was neat. We went to a church we couldn't understand but it was still cool.

Tonya - Your haricut sounds really cute.

Belle - I'm glad you enjoyed the concert! Don't stress about what you said about bf's ex. He seemed fine last night afterwards and that is what you should concentrate on. You have made a lot of progress so don't dwell on this one slip.

Stacey - Good idea to wait on the haircut until after the wedding. I don't think it's a good idea to do any drastic changes you might regret later.

Brenda - how are you doing in the snow? Did DH come home early? Although I have no desire for snow, I would love for work to be cancelled just to have a free day off! Enjoy!

Kim - hang in there. Platueaus suck. I am dealing with another one now.

Becky - Woohoo! You did a great job with the donuts!! I wish I could have had some of that willpower last week when I was faced with Dunkin donuts 2 days in a row - unexpectedly!

Trish - I hope the funeral went ok. they are never fun but I am sure that your friend apprecaites you being there.

Suzanne - I chopped my hair after my mom dies too. I guess we just needed a big change to get though things. Mine has grown back and been chopped a few times since. I can never make up my mind.

Jen - I don't know what Chaddarwurst is but it sounds terrible for you! I hope the grease didn't make you feel too yucky. sometimes it sits in my stomach, yuck. the dress youa re making for Emma sounds adorable. that is so cool that you can sew!

Ali - I think being skinny makes people look taller too.

Steph - Enjoy your boss free time while you have it.

TxAggie - congrats on the great loss and 11 days as a non-smoker! you are doing so well! I can't believe you are so close to goal. Keep up the good work. Yipee!!

Have a great day everyone. I am leaiving in an hour and a half. It can't go fast enough either!
Sarah
194.4/164.8/153WW

Last edited by sbirdhr; 04-11-2001 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2001, 03:26 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Me again.... I did a lot of different things today... but it is only 2:15 and I have 2 hours and 45 minutes left of this day!!!

Hubby and I got over our tiff by the time we got home last night. We talked at lunch and I told him why I was so mad and he understood. Part of the problem is that his family has screwed up ways of dealing with things, so he doesn't know any better.

Brenda.... we have had rain all day... all week. It is just above the freezing line here, so no snow yet. But it has been cold and very windy. Just south of us.. in Illinois.. booooo on you Trish... they are in the 80's... we are in the 30-40's. NOT FAIR. I want spring. My tulips just started popping out and now they will freeze off!

Sarah... cheddarwurt are bratwurst (sausages) with cheese in them. The good part is that I ate mine without a bun, so less points. And I ate a pile of veggies.

Kay... less cheese on your pizza. I can't do that yet. Pizza is my downfall. I love it soooo much! And being from Wisconsin (almost put WI, then you would have thought I was weighing in! ) We eat lots of cheese. I do buy the low fat mozzerella when I make my pizza's... so that is better!

Ta ta
Old 04-11-2001, 03:41 PM   #20  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Tick tock

I'm ready to go home!
I started tanning yesterday (yes, I know it's bad) and I'll do it until the wedding. I'm not expecting to get bronze especially since I'm pretty fair, I just want a little color before July. That, and my swimsuit from last year has a circle cut out in the back and I have a small brown circle inside of my square cut back of the wedding dress. It looks pretty funny. hopefully I can even that out.
Kay: I hear you about the humidity! It's been 90+% humidity the past few days. It stormed pretty hard last night, so this morning was breezy, sunny and DRY! I couldn't believe it! It's funny that when we were kids, we could play outside in 100+ temps with the same level of humidity and it wouldn't phase us! now, I collapse and so does my hair.
Jen: That's cool about the sewing! My grandma used to make a lot of my Easter dresses when she was alive. I didn't care for them growing up (i was a spoiled brat) now, I would give ANYTHING just to have her alive and sewing! She made both of my prom dresses, too. She probably would have made my wedding dress if she were still here. *sigh*
Brenda: Get those taxes done! I still haven't sent in my state taxes...I owe. I got my federal back, though.
Ok,
Hi to everyone I missed! I have to go to a meeting now!
Have a great afternoon!
Old 04-11-2001, 04:47 PM   #21  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default A little loss is better than none

I lost .8, but darn it, I was hoping for more. I hoped I had lost about 2. My scale this morning said 183, but of course that was nekked! Ali, my hat is SO off to you for dropping the weight in 9 months. I've been at WW this time for 6 months, and it's like I did great for 4 months, and now I'm struggling. I wish there was a magic pill that would make me not love food so much!

Kay: Congats on your loss! 3 lbs., way to go! And so close to goal, lucky you!

Belle: Don't fret!! I think you're justified to feel like you do toward the ex, but you knew that already. I confess to being pretty catty toward my b/f's exes, I think it's pretty natural for a lot of women. It helps when the exes drop off the picture.

I think I'm out of stuff to say. So I'll sign off for now!
Old 04-11-2001, 05:58 PM   #22  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

My ex story.... just the thought of hubby's ex repulses me! Belle, you are not alone, we all harbor bad feelings for exes!!!

5 minutes and I am outta here. Unfortunately I have to want 2 blocks in the cold rain to my car, then jump out again when I get to daycare to pick up Emma! I hate rain.... unless it is a warm summer rain and hubby and I run out in it to goof around! Then I like it!

I am at 11 points today, so I can have lots at supper, yah me. I need those extra points since last night I kind of didn't do well!

Have a great evening!
Old 04-11-2001, 06:01 PM   #23  
CM
Chick

Default The other short person

I am the other shorty. I'm about 5'1 1/2" but WW has me down at 5'2" I can use all the inches I can get.

Congrats to all the losers! My WI is tommorrow and I am half worried half excited I think I did okay but I may have not. The scale at work has been up and down all week.

Belle- I think you should talk about the ex if it's bothering you. But that is just my opinion.

Bye Y'all
Closed Thread