View Poll Results: What is your favorite time of year?
Spring 0 0%
Summer 0 0%
Fall 8 36.36%
Winter 0 0%
Spring/Summer 7 31.82%
Summer/Fall 3 13.64%
Fall/Winter 1 4.55%
Winter/Spring 1 4.55%
Any combo I missed & explain! 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 12:30 AM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

I went to WI, stayed for the meeting which was GREAT and I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was and how suprised. What that tells me is I really need to get some exercise in this week so last weekend doesn't show up at next WI! I called my hubby right away and he was so proud of me! It's always such a rush to come here and change my profile Anyway, it's actually still Tuesday night and I need to hit the sack. Maybe I can ignore that evil snooze button and get up and get some exercise tomorrow? Yeah right

Type atcha lata!
Old 04-04-2001, 05:10 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default the colour purple

brenda - i've had no joy finding a purple website, which is odd cos i've seen purple shops before...

well done on the loss, same to trish and everyone else.
i went running this morning and i've just had my brekkie and now it's time for work. hope to get back to post more later, quite busy today.

hi to everyone, sorry no time for proper reply,

love kirsty

ps i had such an annoying breakfast yesterday. i bought some philadelphia soft cheese only to discover i'd accidently bought the full fat version! so couldn't have that. and then the milk i'd bought was already opened (no foil seal). don't know if it was someone at work (i'm the only one that uses skimmed) but figured i'd have to throw it out just in case someone put something dodgy in it in the shop. so no cereal either! it was all ok today though!
Old 04-04-2001, 05:13 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default favourite time of year

i like spring and autumn (fall). summer can get too hot for me and my pale skin. i quite like winter cos of snow, but don't like it being so dark all the time.
Old 04-04-2001, 07:07 AM   #4  
Crime Fighter

Congratulations Brenda on the loss! It also sounds like your business is going really well too. I am not familiar with PL. Tell me more!
Kirsty I too have fallen victim to buying low fat stuff too quickly -- and ending up with a full fat product. In fact, there is a full fat version of Philadelphia cream cheese in my fridge. What a drag!
I am an autumn lover. I enjoy the summer, but I wilt in heat and humidity. I love going out to sidewalk cafes in Montreal in the summer! But my absolute fav is autumn. It makes me think of nature. I like to sit by a campfire at my cottage, and walk through crinkly leaves. My brother was married last fall, and I thought it was a gorgeous time for a wedding.
Have a good day!
L
Old 04-04-2001, 08:24 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well today. Argh! I am sore from the workout I did yesterday but that's okay. Well the dinner has been postponed until tonight so I am carefully watching my point intake for the rest of the day. I am still having pizza I am just scared that I have hit a plateau, my weight isn't really doing anything and I am 3 lbs from goal... This is frustrating. I am shaking up my routines a bit though, hopefully this will help (though having TOM last weigh-in as well as just starting Tri-cyclen is not a good combination for now <also started with the mass building weight training> ).

Lola: I am not suprised how much you love the summer and fall, the fall is absolutely breathtaking where we are. I also love summers in Montreal (eek, I am getting sentimental), especially after this winter.

Brenda: 3lbs down!!! Wow, that is awesome and great motivation!!! Congrats!

Kirsty: I am a sunlover and am lucky to have slavic colouring but I am getting strict about applying sunscreen. The best time of year in Eastern Canada though is early fall!! HOw is the weather doing in London right now anyway?

See Y'all

Ali
Old 04-04-2001, 08:35 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone <<yawns>> Okay so I'm still a little tired! LOL There were a few things I wanted to respond to from the last thread but I can't remember all of them... we wound up not seeing a movie this weekend... I didn't get to see my guy friend... could be why I had my little breakdown on Sunday and we wound up figuring out our different definitions for friendship/relationship on the phone. Frustrating I think I just need the routine, when we don't get to see each other (hard enough that it's just on wkends) I don't do very well.

Kirsty... I like Spring and Fall too... moderate weather LOL. After this winter here in New England I've definitely had my fill of snow and cold for quite awhile and the summer just gets too hot for me.

Brenda...congrats on your loss! Yay

The weather is actually looking a little brighter today tho still chilly... maybe I'll try to get outside a bit, or at least in the car and go somewhere LOL. Don't really have any plans tho I should run errands...yuck!
Old 04-04-2001, 08:36 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning ladies!

Brenda!!! Congrats. My turn to do cartwheels for you! Way to go! Dude - you're more than half way there. That must feel awesome. Keep up the good work!

Ali - I feel your pain. I'm sore too. I told you guys I won a free session with a trainer... or should I say drill sargent Just kidding. She wasn't that bad. But she had me doing lunges for a half hour and this morning I wasn't sure I'd be able to walk Ali, I have a question... it might be personal, and I understand if you don't want to answer it. It's about skin. Did your skin bounce back after you lost all that weight? I'm hoping because I'm young that my skin will be elastic enough to bounce back once I've lost all that weight - but I'm a little worried about it. I totally understand if you don't want to answer... up to you. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

And girlies... about the pizza craving yesterday. I planned around eating 2 slices, which would be 2 points over my max for the day.... which I was going to "earn" by exercising. Well, after my workout I thought, well I just worked my butt off and I don't want to have done it for nothing.... so I went ahead and got pizza - but only once slice and I also got a salad (and I'm NOT a salad eater AT ALL). But the slice was veggie and the salad was 1 point (because I had 2 tbsp non-fat dressing)... so I actually ended up eating only my min yesterday

I can't wait for Friday You girls have a great day and I'll catch up with you later!

Lisa
Old 04-04-2001, 08:55 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Lisa: Check your PMs

Shalyne: I hope you get to see him this weekend!!

Take care!

Ali
Old 04-04-2001, 09:39 AM   #9  

Ali... I hope so too! He's not usually very good about planning ahead for us to get together but he's been trying really hard this week... I think he wants to make sure I'm okay lol. Very sweet.
Old 04-04-2001, 10:04 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Good morning....

I am so sick today - I have this brutal head cold! I had night sweats and everything . But, my b/f came over and took care of me, he even voluntarily slept over at my house and drove me to work. Can you believe that?? I was flabergasted.......he talked to his sister last night and told her he liked my place better cuz it was bigger....Me too!!! I am really liking my home. ANd my mom is being so great about it now! Its nice....

Well, I am attaching a pic of me - its from Thanksgiving - its one my dad liked (he likes pink) and scanned for a newsletter (stupid xmas letter) so I decided to post it since most ofyou have posted pics. It'll give you an idea of what I look like. I won that model thing around this time, but this is like 20 lbs ago, so I am quite a bit thinner now (esp in my face). I hope it works!!

Brenda - well done! Woo hoo!!!

Kirsty - I can't believe you went running - I have never been too into it. Walking to work is enough for me!!

Lola - I watched the talking to americans! My fave part was the navy part...that was TOO FUNNY!!

Ali - three pounds from goal....that sounds SO FAR for me....this will sound silly, maybe you can relate, but when I got to less than 50 lbs to go (I am at 49, but I WI tomorrow) I was really pumped.....it just made it seem not so far off - but THREE??!!! Ah, what a feeling that must be. I still love your before and after pics.

Shaylne - aren't men stupid?? Your guy friend, my b/f......they don't realize just how lucky they ARE??!!! Ih ope it works out for you. Maybe I shoudl turn to the internet too......

Lisa - that 's an awesome question you ask - and since I have lots to lose, I worry about my skin too. My leader says just drink your water, you won't have a problem...but I do worry, I think I might buy some skin firming cream, just in case. And on that note, I am opening a diet coke.... yikes.

WEll, I better mosey for now - hello to Emily, Steph, Casey, Sarah, Lolly, Kiminey Jiminey (el tanned one), Tonya, Jen, Lori, Kristen (are you still around?), Keirie and everyone else.....

Belle
Old 04-04-2001, 10:28 AM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ali - how do I check PM's... do you mean check my email?

THANKS!
Lisa
Old 04-04-2001, 10:29 AM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Wow, I wish it were Friday - -

but it is only wednesday. What a bummer!

Work has been very very busy this week. I have also done SO BAD with points since Saturday. But I draged my bum out of bed this morning and went to the gym. I am thinking that will be the shock I need to stay OP. Lisa, I am like you. I don't want to do all that work for nothing!

Brenda: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am skiping around my office doing a happy dance for you! How great!

Ali, thank you for the advice on breathing correctly when running. i am going to go out tonight for a spin, most likely a short one but it should be fun.

Shalyen: I hope you get to see you guy this weekend. Long distance is hard. When I dated my hubby it was long distance ... about 6hours away. If we had to miss our planned meetings it was so upsetting.

Lola: I love the fall as well. It always seems so cool and the is so clean and crisp. I also love jeans andsweaters.

kirsty: Sorry about your breakfast mishap. that is so upsetting. Good job on not letting it do in your entire day!

Oh, just had to say that the Bridget Jones movie is having a sneak preview this weekend. I am trying to get hubby to go, but he does not seem interrested. Maybe I will ask a friend to ditch her hubby as well and come with me. Check your listings.

Got to get back to work.

see ya -

Trish
Old 04-04-2001, 10:30 AM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

OHHH - I've never checked my personal messages before. I just found them.

Lisa
Old 04-04-2001, 10:38 AM   #14  

Default Yippe, the week is half over!

Let's speed things up here ladies! I feel like this is the longest week ever becasue work has been so slow. I don't think it is going to pick up today either. I got a call from my doctor's offic about my anemia. the results were forwarded to my PRimary Car Dr and they were concerned and want me to come in. I already have an appt for a check-up so I will be there this month. I am frustrated becasue I do not understand this, I will have to ask more about anemia when I got.

On a better note, I was 1 point over yesterday but earned 4 points. I calculated my points according to the points booster and could probably claim 5 points but I would rather be on the lower side just in case. I am still eating too much dessert though. Today I brought a 7 point lunch and had 1 point for bkfast. I am saving up for my yummy dinner at Outback. I will either eat 1/2 a steak and salad or a big salad! I think I need to start eating more protein though, that might be part of the problem. I just don't have a big desire for it.

Brenda - Woo hoo! Yippee!! 3 pounds is great!!!!! You are doing so well with PL and WW! I am so psyched for you!

Belle - Sorry you are feeling so yucky. How nice that bf took care of you and drove you to work. Wow!

Tilley - Way to go with the pizza lastnight! That is major progress when you are able to balance the pizza with a salad and be satisfied. youa re doing great with your exercise too!

Shaylene- I am still tired this morning. It is not getting any easier to get out of the bed in the morning! Sorry you didn't get to see your guy. I am all about routines as well.

Ali - you are doing so great. # pounds from goal is fantastic. I think that shaking things up with your eating is a good idea. That is the best way to break a plateau. you will be at goal very soon!!!!

Lola - Fall is a gorgeous time for a wedding. I went to a weddin gin Oct in New England and it was just beautiful!

Kirsty - I hate when that happens. I get so frustrated when I get full-fat by accident. I hate to throw things out but I also hate to waste the points.

Emily - congratulations on your house!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!

I feel like I am forgetting someone, sorry. I love the Fall the most, spring is my second favorite season. I always wanted to get married in the fall but my husband is a teacher so we had to wait until school was out. I wanted to have a baby in the Fall but again, I would rather than DH is home with me and the new baby so that won't wor out either. Oh well. I will end up having some sort of special occasion in the Fall eventually. Have a good day everyone. I hope things pick up around here or I will die of boredom! Hi to Tonya, Stacey, Jen, Suzanne, Lolly and everyone!

Sarah
194.4/164.6/153WW

Trish - We always seem to post at the same time. I am dying to see Bridget Jones Dairy when it comes out. I wish my week was as busy as yours, or maybe half as busy would be ok.

Last edited by sbirdhr; 04-04-2001 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-04-2001, 10:42 AM   #15  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Belle: just had to say that your picture is great! Sorry you are feeling sick, but glad that you love your new place and the BF is being better.

Ok, my computer is having issues today, so if I am not able to get back in, I hope you all have a great day.

Trish

PS: Sarah: we do always see to post at the same time. Funny how that works. How about I send you some of my owrk (which, if you can tell, I am avoiding at the moment.)

Well, back at it.
Trish

Last edited by Trish O; 04-04-2001 at 10:45 AM.
Closed Thread