Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 09:46 PM   #16  
Net browser

Default wet and dreary out tonight

Hi Everybody

Lily today and tonight we have had rain and more rain but at least it gets rid of the snow. I went out today with my friend for lunch and shopping and we actually saw a guy and a young woman wearing shorts today, and the temperature today was around 38F. Now I know you have been wearing shorts but I am sure it's warmer then that.

Hi Peggy You go every six months now for a blood test. I think you said a while back that you had uterine cancer, but I forget when. Was it a couple of years ago? I'm happy that you are doing ok. Did you have a fun time at the Mall? Even if you don't buy anything it's still fun to see all the new spring things that are coming out. I bought a couple of things for my grandbabies for Easter. This year I am not giving them much in the way of chocolate since they still have stuff in the freezer from last year.

Oh I know what else I bought today.........a little thank you present for my friend Trudy , but don't tell her you guys because it's a secret. LOL

Where is everybody??
Oh brother is that crazy mouse still dancing. YIKES!

Last edited by slavika; 04-04-2001 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:05 PM   #17  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I will not say a word to Trudy. My lips are sealed Whoa those people are brave to be wearing shorts when its that cold. Brrrrrrr. Least I wait til its in the 70's.
Course people wear them to WI when its that cold here. Thanks but I dont need blue legs.

Night all!
Old 04-04-2001, 11:36 PM   #18  
Super Surfer

Default ..a present? What is it... When do I get it??.. I love presents!

Slavika Just what have you been up to?
I had never seen an Aebleskiver pan before, it looked like something you would see in an antique store. I will be interested in seeing (and tasting ) the finished product.
Shorts today? Yikes, they must have been teenagers.
Geri are you reading the posts today? I read in the paper that Dallas/Ft. Worth had temps around 88F. I guess you are definitely wearing shorts
Lily BLUE LEGS are not a good thing. You are only 3 lbs from goal? I have no doubt at all that you will get to goal before me, and probably have the will power to stay there. WTG..
Karen Nice to have to have you back. It's too bad that you have to wear yourself out after you get back from a vacation. I hope you had a great time.
Peggy I can't believe they forgot about you...
I had tried drinking Soy milk, and I really didn't like it. I guess if I had to do it, I would.
Hi Dee... How are you doing?

I fell asleep around 11:30 last night and woke up at 4:30am and that was it... I just couldn't fall back asleep so I am really tired tonight... going to bed

Slavika Notice the mouse? He can dance with yours.
Old 04-05-2001, 07:08 AM   #19  

Trudy did you get your present yet? If so, what was it? Sounds like fun. Maybe it's Tom but don't tell Lily. They would have to be young or crazy to wear shorts when it is that cold. We have been having wonderful weather -70- and possibly 80 by Sunday. Won't stay that way but we are enjoying it while it lasts. Some of the magnolia trees are starting to bloom. Had a fun time shopping yesterday at the posh shops. My favorite is Coldwater Creek. I like their web site especially the outlet store. Had lunch at Max and Erma's. Lily only 3 lbs from goal - that's great. You can do it. Dee hang in there and let us know how it is going. Greeneyez where are you? Have to get some work done and then go pick up some napkins for a napkin survey. Peggy
Old 04-05-2001, 08:35 AM   #20  

Well I began to tell you the story of the Vacation From **** when after I was well into it I lost the post. So will type it in word and the post it later.

3 pounds from goal Lilly you must be on top of the world . I know it's slow going when your so close. But just think of it as insurance that you won't gain it all back over night. Slow losing is so much better it gives your body time to adjust there fore it helps you to stay close to that weight . I don't have a bread machine either. I remember we all talked about them last year about this time.

Got to go get ready for today got 2 meeting to work to day. Off tomorrow and then WW staff meeting on Saturday .

Where do you all get those cute Graphics?
Old 04-05-2001, 10:43 AM   #21  
Fun Blonde

Well, I just had to tell you that the news was good on my cancer test. It was a 3 which is very low and the lower the better. Just so you can relate, after diagnosis and before the first surgery, my number was 1799. So, onward and upward for another 3 months when I get to go through all this again.

Tomorrow my son learns if he passed (hope, hope!) or failed the bar exam. I am hoping we have two things to celebrate this weekend.

It is absolutely so beautiful here in Oklahoma. Yesterday it was 80 degrees and the day before that it was 87 degrees. Both days a friend and I walked around our lake which is about 3.5 miles. All of Stillwater was there. People were skating, riding bikes, flying kites, walking, jogging, etc. We were like little caged up bunnies set free. Spring is such a rebirth!

My WW leader said she had the most trouble maintaining during "Cadbury egg season." I relate to that, but Christmas always gets me. Easter is, at least, just a day or two that candy is floating around me. I buy NO candy, just cannot handle it at all.
Glenda
Old 04-05-2001, 12:25 PM   #22  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Yep I will make it sooner or later. What was the present? We want to know!

Karen: I should also add thats to my WW goal. I want to lose 5 more after that for insurance. Heres some places for graphics.
http://www.barrysclipart.com/
http://www.animfactory.com/
http://www.allfree-clipart.com/

Peggy: I love Coldwater Creek! I get thier catolog all the time. They have some great stuff. We dont have one here though. Wish we did. Did go to one a long time ago on Vacation in Wyoming.

Glenda: WOO Hoo! thats great news about your test! Lets us know as soon as you hear about sons bar examine to. My fingers are crossed for him.

Beautiful here to. Hate working when its like this. Should get to 75-80 today. Want to move my desk outside. Maybe thats not a bad idea! I woldnt have to answer the phone!
Old 04-05-2001, 03:59 PM   #23  
Super Surfer

Default ... MY TULIPS ARE COMING UP....

Hi Gals,
I am so excited, the snow is almost all gone from the front of the house (the front faces north) and peeking through what is left are my tulips. <- that's me with a big smile on my face.
It is so nice outside today, and tomorrow we are supposed to hit 51F. I'll just bet you southerners think we are nuts. My hubby is walking around outside in his shirt sleeves.
Karen Oh No! - A VACATION FROM **** ? You've got to get that posted. So, losing slower is a "good thing"? That is good news to me, I don't think I can go any slower.
Glenda that is great news about the cancer test. When would they tell you that you are cured? My fingers are crossed for your son. X Your going to laugh at this one, but people are doing the same thing here, everyone thinks it's great weather.
Lily I saw Slavika at Safeway this morning, but she isn't talking about my "present". I guess she will make me wait till Tuesday. I will let you guys know what it is.... maybe Peggy's right and it is Tom.
Peggy I am going to put Coldwater Creek into my search and see if I can get it. I love shopping, looking and touching too. We can't grow Magnolias up here, season is too short. Now, what do you do with a Napkin survey... you sure do try out a variety of things.
Slavika You sure looked good in the yellow jacket today. The daffodils I bought are that color. My friend dropped by with another bunch for me so I have a cheery display. Did you make the Angel Food Cake dessert yet?

Well hubby just poked his head in the house and said we will go to the Mall if I want to go.... is he kidding? I am out the door right now. See you all later...

Last edited by Trudy; 04-05-2001 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2001, 09:05 PM   #24  
Net browser

Default ...ok relaxing time

Hi Everybody

We got a late start this morning. We had one of those "hang up" phone calls around 2:00 in the morning and as DH fumbled for the phone he also shut of the radio alarm. Boy nothing like a phone ringing at 2 in the morning to get your heart beating...FAST

Lily boy you sure are doing well with your weight loss. Good for you. Oh by the way thanks for not telling Trudy about her little present, but somebody did, because somehow she found out. I think Peggy told her. LOL
Karen you'll have to let us know about this vacation of your's. It sounds like it might be a bit like the bus trip Trudy took, remember.
Glenda I am so happy for you. Will you have to have the blood tests every three months forever or will the time in between tests get further apart? I hope your Son passed his Bar Exam too. Boy that would make for happy times in your household.

Trudy I think your little mouse is so cute. He's not as crazy as mine is. You have to wait until Tuesday for your little present. It's not that wonderful but you have to wait anyway.
Oh by the way, nice things at Coldwater Creek.

Bye for now, I want to tape some new music for walking on the treadmill to. I'm trying to walk a little faster and a little longer these days.

PS Trudy's tulips are coming up now that the snow is melting and the only thing coming up in my yard where the snow is melting is all of "Sammy's" empty peanut shells. Yucky what a mess I have to clean up, but I'm still feeding him.

Last edited by slavika; 04-05-2001 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2001, 11:11 AM   #25  

Default My vacation from ****!

Finally a day to myself. Let me tell you about my vacation. DS and DIL drove us to the Minneapolis /St Paul airport and stayed with us for a short while and then we sent them on their way so the could get to the Mall of America. DIL was champing at the bit for that. First thing that happened was Delta called our flight and then told us that there was a problem with the “stairs”. Two other flights left while we sat in the airport gate area waiting for 3 hours for our flight to be called again we were asked not to leave the gate area as they wanted to be able to load our flight as soon as the problem was fixed. Finally our flight was loaded after we were in the air the pilot told us that it wasn’t the stairs it was a hydraulics problem. Like we didn’t know it was more than the “stairs” Anyway we missed our connecting flight in Atlanta so had be booked on another. Had to run from the gate we arrived at to make that flight, as it was the last one for the day. We finally arrived in Jacksonville around 11 or 11:30 that night tired and hungry because they don’t serve more than peanuts on coach flights. It’s a good thing our hotel was only 3 steps from the airport as neither one of could go no farther. Took some Motrin and fell into bed.

Picked up SIL and Her friend the next day and went to the funeral home for the viewing. Did I tell you that DH’s Brother (deceased) and SIL were twins)? Anyway she was a mess, feeling the loss of her brother who she took care of the last 2 years. He had a lot of heath problems and could not live on his own. Anyway at the funeral home we were finalizing the burial plans when we came to a bump in the road. DH's other sister who chose not to come was needed to sign off on the cremation papers. Now mind you she is in a RV some where in AZ and calls home for messages when the urge strikes. So all plans were put on hold until she had the urge. Luckily she did call the following day and by the next day had found a place to receive a fax and return a fax with her signature. That was Tuesday by then it was too late for the cremation so had to wait until Thursday as they only do cremations on Tuesday and Thursday’s. Friday we finally were able to bury poor BIL. There was an honor guard from Moody AFB and a very nice ceremony.

Now the Wednesday before SIL had to have dental surgery so poor thing was in pain. She couldn’t cancel be cause she would have had to wait months to get scheduled again. She gave up taking the pain meds other wise she would not have been conscious for the ceremony.

So now we are a week into vacation. So we decide to take SIL to Savannah, Ga. Just to get her away. She was so agitated being in the house as she said she could still feel the presents of Brother. So off we went. Now Savannah is a beautiful old city when it’s not poring rain. But we toured in the rain anyway what a wet day. The last 20minutes of the tour it quit raining and the sun came out. So we have a picture of the sun shining. Oh! Yes I forgot to tell you that the night before my left hearing aid died. So we needed to get back to Jacksonville where the spare one was. When we returned to Jacksonville I called my hearing aid man and he told me to drop it in the mail and he would do what need to be done and the mail it to me. Well it needed to go to the factory to be repaired so I got it back yesterday. The one I use as a spare it not as good so am glad to have it back. (Plan to by a new set this summer so I have 2 good pairs). Back to VFH We spent the rest of that week getting Deceased BIL’s affairs in order. All those things you have to do to stop checks to stop payments that come from checks and the lot. Also we had to put all the funeral expenses on our Visa Card so had to make arrangements to get the insurance claim filed other wise we would be in a poor mans jail.

My DH being the good mechanic he is checked the oil in the rental car and when he went to close the hood he forgot to put the hood rod down so there was a nice big crease in the hood of that little green car. Had to make a call to our insurance company. Now all the time we are in Florida we got down to the beach maybe three times as the weather was cold and rainy. We did get down to St.Augustine and took a touring boat around the bay. Got to see the dolphins swimming around and playing. That was a nice day. Then Dh got sick had to take him to the emergency room with a 102.6 temperature. Turns out he had a bladder infection. It was a really bad one and came on rather suddenly. One day he was fine. The next sicker that a dog. The doctor gave him Rocephin in the vain. Took 20 minutes for it to go in because it is so thick. Anyway poor DH fought a fever for the next three days taking Tylenol and Motrin every 2 hours. Finally by Thursday he was beginning to feel better. By Friday he had the spring in his step back and we had to leave the next day. Needless to say we both feel as if we need a vacation still.

Now that you've heard my tail of wooooo I need to get up from here and do some domestic stuff. You remember the old sayin Be it ever so humble there is no place like home And I was sure glad to see home last Saturday night when we drove in the drive way

The good news is I only gained 1.6 ounds in those 3 weeks. Thats what comes from motel living no stocked cupboards to raid.

See you later

Last edited by Karen L; 04-06-2001 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2001, 11:17 AM   #26  

Well Slavika now you know I can't keep a secret. At least I don't know what it is or I would probably tell that too. Don't you hate those middle of the night calls. The married son used to have a friend who called at strange hours. I guess he thought that we never slept. Karen I can't wait to hear about the vacation from ****. We are going to the Outer Banks in June and sharing a house with 22 people. That should have a few stories. Glenda how thrilled you must be with your numbers. I am happy for you. HOw long does it take for the grades to come back? [b]Trudy how did you get a DH who asks if you want to go to the mall? He is a keeper. When does your snow go away for good? I was just playing in the yard moving daylilies and iris around. I want to make a faerie garden in a little spot. I am going to go surf the Greenfied Herb Garden site since they sent me a card and they have fairy things. Peggy
Old 04-06-2001, 03:08 PM   #27  
Fun Blonde

I can't wait to tell you all--just got a phone call from the LAWYER, telling me he passed the bar! He is excited and so am I! My son, the lawyer! Now I will have to get out all those old jokes and send them to him. Anyway, passing on the first try--just so very proud! And I remember he started law school 10 days after having a big cancer surgery after testicular cancer. This was the surgery where they tested all his abdomen for cancer sites and it was a BIG surgery. Then in the middle of law school his wife decided she was a lesbian. Wow! What obstacles he has contended with! Anyway, just wanted to let you all know.

Karen, I am so sorry that your anticipated vacation turned out to be such a bust. The worst thing is that it had to include the death of a brother and all the attending woes. So sorry. But it does sound like you made it back home in one piece. Maybe later on this summer you can take a little shorter vacation to make up for the problems you experienced on this one. You and Trudy have had some pretty bad experiences in the vacation category. But overall, I think Trudy's sounded worse. She never said she had ONE good day!

Peggy, it ususally takes a week for me to get my results back, but since I was just doing the one bloodtest, it just took a day. With my recurrence of 3 years ago, I was graded with ovarian cancer, stage 4 because it had metasticized to my liver, even if it was just the lining of the liver. I have been unbelievably fortunate.

You northern ladies, I believe if I still had to contend with any snow, I would be in a looney ward somewhere. I am glad we are all different because if everyone was like me, we would all be crowded into the southernmost part of Florida.
Glenda
Old 04-06-2001, 07:14 PM   #28  

Glenda now do we have to call you the mother of the lawyer? So glad to see your sons good news and yours. Are you going to have a party to celebrate? After all your son has gone through he deserves this . I'm sure he studied had to make it on his first try. Good for him.

Your right Trudy's trip was way worse than ours . And we were able to get all the stuff done that DH sister could not have done by her self. We are talking about a short getaway but at the moment DH has only 4 hours of vacation.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:40 PM   #29  
Net browser

Default ...did you hear the one about the lawyer

Hi everybody

Glenda, Mother of a Lawyer YIPPEE for your Son. Passed his bar exam on his first try. How nice for him and how nice for all the family. Congratulations.
IMAGINE THE APPEALS DISSENTS AND REMANDMENTS IF LAWYERS HAD WRITTEN THE
TEN COMMANDMENTS.

- Harry Bender.

Karen that was for sure the vacation from ****.
I don't think much else could have gone wrong during that short period of time. DH only has 4 hrs vacation time left eh? Maybe save some more up and spend it at home. LOL

Well gals the snow is going away. It was a lovely day today at least from what I could see from my kitchen window. Trudy and another friend of mine make "Paska" (Easter Bread) and I decided I too, would like to try it. Well I make great bread in the bread machine but I wanted to do it the "old fashioned"way. Well that last time I even tried making bread was about 25 yr ago. The key word in that sentence was "tried". It was a dissaster. Well I got out my Ukrainian Cookbook, found a recipe to make "Paska's" that took 11 cups of flour. Geez I had bread dough rising all over the kitchen. I am happy to say they turned out quite nicely. I made two fairly large ones and 3 (coffee can) smaller ones. I'll pass one to my Son tonight and freeze the rest. I also made some very nice buns (from dough I made in the bread machine) which I added raisins and glazed cherries to.

Ok Glenda I can't resist:

- Anonymous prison cell graffiti

FOR A GOOD TIME, HIRE A HOOKER,
FOR A LOT OF TIME, HIRE MY ATTORNEY.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:56 PM   #30  

Default need a fruitsalad recipe Help....

Just wondering if any of you can help me . There used to be a Fruit Salad recipe floating around a lot of WW meeting rooms. I remember that you used FF pudding ,Yogurt, cool whip as the dressing. It had a lot of different fresh fruits and even the canned oranges and pineapple. Ring a Bell with any of you?
Closed Thread