Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 09:41 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters - for March

We are so happy it's March. We've made it through another month or healthy eating! Okay, some of us, including me, have had bad food moments-----that's the way life is.

Tammy, welcome home! We missed you. It's good to hear that Kramer is holding his own.

Sis, are you still swamped at work?

BJ, when does your new job begin? I am sure I couldn't work all through the night.

Lynnie, how are you doing? I don't think we heard from you last week.

Susan, are you still tired all the time? Do you take healthy, pick-me-up snacks to work? Or---it's not considered "healthy"---how aobut a roll of Lifesavers! When I'm on a trip, I always keep some for when I get a low spot.

Maureen, how is the world treating you? Are you walking to work? I can't remember how far you have to go. Please let us hear from you some more.

It's time for me to get on the treadmill. I've been doing the WW dvd exercises mainly. It's time to add variety.

Tina
Old 03-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Where is everyone?????

I just made the most delicious banana bread. I customized it to WW. Now, I have to go figure the points.
Wish y'all could enjoy a piece with me.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!!
Welcome home Tammy. We thought about you daily.....I was sorry to hear that your son wasn't feeling well. Hope that you still had lots of fun. I'm so happy that Kramer is doing better!
Hey Tina - Bananna Bread....YUM!! My new job training begins the week of March 15-19 from 12 noon until 8 pm and since I have been assigned to the Mercedez Benz account, I'll be given further training the following week for several more days. I'm excited, but nervous. I've never worked nights, so we'll see....two nights a week shouldn't be too bad. Ironically my current company called today to see if I could handle more hours! Talk about timing....I said yes, and figured that I'd play it by ear!
Hi Susan..how's life treating you?
I'd love to hear from the other members too...I don't know Maureen, Sis or Lynnie as well, and I'd love to hear more about your guys!
So far I think that I've had a good week weight wise. I'll weigh in on Thursday, but I've been walking 3-4 miles daily and that always helps.
Okay, it's been a long, busy day and I'm heading up to bed to read for a few minutes before I go to sleep. Night everyone - BJ
Old 03-02-2004, 10:16 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi Everyone,
It seems like days since I've written. I haven't gotten email notifications lately. I hate it when they don't come.

Tina, got any of that banana bread left? I love it. I do take snacks to school with me. I have cheese and crackers around 10, lunch at 11:45 and then something around 3:00. It really depends on when I get hungry. I'll have to get lifesavers. I love them!!!

BJ, I'm doing good. You've been great. Walking is really good.

Tammy, how was Disney? We missed you!!

I've been walking in the mornings. I signed up for 3 more months of Curves. I plan to go back next week. I'm going to do it real slow and then I know which ones I'm not suppose to do.

Well it's 9:15 and I'm about to fall asleep. I need to try to stay awake until 10!! Any ideas????
Old 03-04-2004, 06:50 AM   #5  

Hi Gang! Just checking in. Haven't had time to get on here. Trying to catch up on all of the school work. My sub graded quite a few things, but there were things that I had to do myself. I've also had something going on every night, so that limits free time. I think tonight is a free night unless I go to my nephew's band concert. It's always something, isn't it?

Food and walking are good. Water is OK. BP and sugar are good.

Hope I can get on here more over the weekend.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

This is so weird!
I didn't get notified of any posts. So, Susan, I'm with you on not knowing that people posted.
I was out yesterday looking for rugs for Larry's new office. The whole floor is covered in dull gray carpeting. I wanted some color in his office. I finally found something at Super Target. Now, I just hope it fits the area I got it for. We had Pizza Hut chicken pizza last night. I was very good and just had 2 BIG pieces. Even with our son eating with us, there was still some left. We just threw it away.

Tammy, I'm glad your school substitute seemed to do a good job.
Susan, your snacks sound so healthy. I know that exercise will be good for you.
BJ, you sound so busy. That's Great!!!!!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #7  

Hi Everyone,
I am getting notifications (most of the time), but I'm not able to journal. I'm able to get to the area and type my journal, but it doesn't appear on the journal page.
Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong??
Today is my weigh in day.....I can't attend my normal meeting as I have a much needed hair appointment at 10:30. I had made this prior to getting back on program. I'm planning to go to the 5:30 meeting tonight. I will have the same counselor, just a different group of folks. I know that I need the accountability.
Hope that everyone has a great OP day. Bye, BJ
Old 03-04-2004, 08:56 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi,
We had a major storm this afternoon. All of the students were freakin out!!! They came on the intercom and said they would not release students at 3:30 unless it let up. That freaked them out more. Luckily there was a break and they got to leave on time. THANK GOODNESS!!! On top of that, next week is spring break. they are just a little wound up!

Tammy, Welcome Back!! We missed you! Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation.

Tina, I wish we had a SuperTarget close. I love that store. Did ya'll get the storm?

BJ, how was weigh in? I love to get my hair done. I go every 4 weeks religiously. My hair dresser and I laugh about how my life revolves around getting it done.

Have a great evening!!!

Susan
Old 03-04-2004, 09:05 PM   #9  

Hey Susan,
I was down 1.8 pounds. I'm now at 201.4.....I'm hoping to be in the 199's by next week. Thanks for asking. I hadn't had my hair done in almost 8 weeks! Lord, I was looking like a skunk with regrowth. I had dyed my hair a medium warm brown, but it was really turning brassy. We took it to a medium brown with blonde highlights. It's a nice change.
Hope that you and everyone else are doing well. You guys are a great support system, and I appreciate it! Bye, BJ
Old 03-04-2004, 09:23 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

We didn't get a major storm. I told it to visit you, Susan.
We got a little rain but most of it went north of town, around the airport.

BJ, I need a haircut!!! She couldn't take me until next Tuesday morning. Ugh. I'm taking my mother tomorrow afternoon. It was more important to get hers cut and colored.
I'm seriously thinking about getting some highlights put on. I've never ever had any color put on my head. I'm getting more gray hairs now and don't like it.
(The gray started coming in with all the stress I had at work.)

I hope all have a good eveing and a great Friday. Wow, it's amazing how time is flying.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:47 PM   #11  
Susan

Howdy,

BJ, excellent job on your weight loss!!!! I hope after the baby, I drop some weight. I would like to get back to a size 14.

Tina, Thanks for the rain I've been coloring my hair since my mid-late 20's. I started turning gray when I was 17. I was completely gray in my 30's. If I didn't color it, people would certainly think I was the baby's grandmother.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:13 PM   #12  

I need to get my hair trimmed SOON! I've been coloring my hair for at least 6 years. I started getting gray hairs my first year of teaching. Tim has had gray hairs for a few years, and he turned 16 today! Bob's brother was completely gray about the time he graduated from high school.

I am ready for the weekend. When we got home from supper tonight, Bob drove to a little bar near here to hang out for a while. Tim and Jessica are watching a movie in the family room. I took a 1 1/2 hour nap in the recliner! It's about 10:15, and I'm ready to go to bed! I hope I get sleep this weekend and get caught up. I've been taking vitamins, but I'm exhausted. Old age I guess.

Today it was beautiful here! Sunshine was a wonderful sight to see!

That's all for tonight!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:27 PM   #13  
Susan

It was beautiful here too!!!! I'm so ready for spring. I'm officially on Spring Break!!!! I'm off to San Antonio in the morning. I'm going to visit my folks and the rest of my family. I'll be back on Wed. Then Thursday, I go to the doctor. I hope we get to hear the heartbeat!!!!

Tammy, you need the rest!!!! Hope you get a lot of it!!!! It's NOT OLD AGE!!! Girl you are ALWAYS on the go!!!

Tina, How are you doing? How is your mom?

BJ, what's new with you?

Everyone else.... We miss you! Please drop us a line and let us know how you are!

Susan
Old 03-06-2004, 10:26 AM   #14  

Susan, have fun with your family!! Spring break sounds nice. There have been lots of college students around, stopping into my classroom to say hello. It's always great to see them. Our Spring break is in April. We are off the Thursday and Friday before Easter and the Monday and Tuesday after Easter. 6 days! We are thrilled. Most years we have Fri. and Mon. off. This is a pleasant change!!!

I really do think that I'm doing too much. Bob keeps telling me to slow down. It just doesn't seem to happen. Tuesday night I'm having a Pampered Chef party here. Bob wasn't thrilled. A friend of mine is just starting out in the business, so I told here that I'd help her out. I don't cook things that I would use much of the PC things. I'm supposed to make out a wish list for things since I'm hosting a party. I really don't want anything! Pam will think I'm crazy!!! lol

Need to get started on some cleaning. Tim's friends are coming over tonight. A b-day party, but no gifts. I can't believe he turned 16 yesterday!!!! My baby!!!! lol
Old 03-06-2004, 01:51 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Birtrhday, Tim!!!

Tammy, You are doing way too much. It's not easy to slow down when you get in that groove.
How is Kramer doing? Have you taken him back to the vet this week?

Susan, you are already gone but I hope you are having a blast!!!!!
I'm sure you will be baby'd and taken care of by all your family.

BJ, how is the travel business?

Sis, you need to motivate me to stay away from sweets. If I have the stuff in the house, I can't eat just one piece. Right now, that's my downfall.

Maureen, I know you are out there. Please stop for a second and post.

Tina
Closed Thread