View Poll Results: What star sign are you? (can't do 12 options, so I've grouped them as elements!)
FIRE - Aries, Leo or Sagittarius 3 13.64%
EARTH - Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn 6 27.27%
AIR - Gemini, Libra or Aquarius 6 27.27%
WATER - Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 10:50 AM   #16  
Parrothead

Default Go Away donuts!

Brenda ~ If I can give up my Cigs today, then you can give up the donuts. How 'bout we support each other on the addictions today? Donuts are bad for the body like Cigs are bad for the body. Just think of all the nasty grease that will coat your insides and I'll think of the nasty tar and chemicals. Good Luck!
Old 03-30-2001, 10:58 AM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Default Moving...

YUCK!! Last night I moved LOTS over and my mom and sister helped me to unpack and arrange some things. I am taking tonight off cuz tomorrow is the big day. It was sort of fun and I met a guy in the elevator - he was pretty cute and said he loved living htere - had been there three years already. I hope that's true!!

My mom made an awesome dinner last night, very WW except Sara Lee bite size Cheesecakes (3 points each). I had two. I figure all the moving counted as 1 more booster point, so 3 in total (hope!).

I am having the WORST TOM!!! Anyone else?

And then at 12am a hottie cop came ringing our bell - seriously, we were asleep and they came b/c some brat kids had kicked my mom's taillight in. Seh was distraught. THey caught the little buggars. I am sending her flowers today, should cheer her up a bit.

Kirsty - I thought the tube was a TV too. Good you didn't eat the cake, although it spurred some interesting conversation...??

Ali - that is a very cool compliment!! Ih ope I am happier now that I am getting a place of my own. I hope I am not too lonely!!!

Lola - have fun on your retreat!

Hi to Shay, Bren, Lolly, Lisa, Lori, Emily, Jen, Tonya, Sarah, Steph, Kristen, Becky, Kierie and the rest of the gang.

Belle
Old 03-30-2001, 11:06 AM   #18  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hello again!

Tonya - sounds like you had fun in HS. We did some of the same but on the beach. Or we'd drive over to New Orleans. It was only 45 minutes away and the drinking age was only 18

LoriD - How bad does this weather suck. Will it ever end? Good luck staying away from the snacks at the nurses' stations. I know you can do it.

Jen-L - have fun tonight without the kiddie! I'm sure you deserve it.

Kay - I'll post the recipe at the end of this message. It's WAY good... and you can use less cheese or light cheese and make it even less points. Be sure to calculate the points for yourself too, because the different brands of tortillas and cheese, etc can make a difference. (I'll say what brands I used thought). I love MEXICAN food.

Brenda - GO AVS! Good game last night. And by the way, that's not glaze on those donuts... it's snot.

Okay - here's the recipe... it's a rough recipe, but here it goes:

8 8-10 inch flour tortillas (I used Mission)
3 cups of cheese (I used half sargento light and have reg sargento)
6-8 green onions (scallions)
taco seasoning
1 large can green enchalada sauce (or two small cans)
1 pound chicken breast

Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cook in a skillet (use Pam)... add taco seasoning and appr. 1 scallion for seasoning.

Preheat over to 375.

Dip each tortilla in enchalada sauce so it's covered in the sauce. Place tortilla in a large bake pan. Add chicken, cheese, scallions, and a little more sauce in each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas side by side.

Add remaining enchalada sauce and cheese over the tops of the enchaladas.

Place in the over and cook for 15-20 minutes.

Mmmmm. They're good. Each one was 8 points.. so it's not exactly low-points... but if you plan for it during the day, you can have 1 1/2 of them for 12 points. Like I said, maybe you can find low fat tortilllas (although I can never find them in 8-10 inch sizes) and use all lowfat cheese - and maybe you can bring them down a few points. Okay - now I'm hungry

Lisa
Old 03-30-2001, 11:11 AM   #19  
Go Avalanche!!

Default FRIDAY!!!!

I’m still resisting the doughnuts. I’ve even had to go by the kitchen and I’m remaining strong. I had to keep repeating nononononononono as I walked by. Jeez, I feel like a food lunatic. Lunch time and afternoon is another weak time so I must be very careful. Thanks for the support, it really is helping!

Survivor fans: I didn’t watch it last night but I was also ecstatic to hear the Jerri was voted off! Hopefully she doesn’t come back in the jury and screw things up!

Kirsty: Good job turning down the cakes! Glad you got to work without a hassle. The Hallmark stores here are full of Harry Potter paraphernalia! I want to join you in Griffindor. I’ll send you an owl post heheheheh I have a Harry Potter calendar in my office!! This month is Ron riding a broom. My DH and I trade stories about when people flirt with us/hit on us. Before we got married some girl told him she wanted him to come back to her house for the night so she could fix him breakfast in just an apron! This was after he told her he had a g/f! We joke about it and I say ‘Where is she, I’ll kick her a$$!!’

Ali: What wonderful compliments! Were you glowing even brighter for the rest of the day or what??

Tonya & Ali: I’ve never really dressed with the trends, but now since I’m losing weight, I find that I want to get some more trendy clothes but keep to my own style as well. It’s funny when my co-worker and I go out shopping b/c she buys VERY trendy stuff. We have a blast though. I don’t know if I will ever be comfortable enough to wear one of those back baring little tie around the neck things, but we’ll see!

Tonya: I was a deprived child. I’m the oldest and a girl with extremely strict parents. I didn’t get to party in HS and my year and a half in college was at a kind of wanna be school (no football team, one fraternity, no sororities and in a boring boring town). I have kind of lived vicariously through my DH’s stories. He was a hellion and always got away with it. Maybe this is all part of the reason I now want to go get a tattoo, hang out drinking in the Carribean (never went on Spring Break either) etc. It doesn’t really bother me, but I’ve been gradually making up for it *evil grin*

Lisa: Spectacular job OP yesterday! I love fixing low fat/fat free yogurt with Cool Whip free and put it in the freezer. It makes a great low point ice cream type snack.

Jen: What movie are you guys going to see?

Belle: I’m so excited for you in your new place!
Old 03-30-2001, 11:13 AM   #20  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Lisa

You posted while I was writing. Ewwwww...snot! I'm so glad they won last night. Once again I missed the game and I'm in training for the Sat game. But! I'm home Monday and Wednesday night so I may have to make a hockey date in front of the toob (hehehe) with my hubby!!!
Old 03-30-2001, 11:22 AM   #21  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hey guys, soooo busy at work. Just have a min. Brenda, we have donuts in my office, too. AHHH> But you know what, the person who spit on Kirsty's cake came to my office and spit on my donuts. He mentioned that he was on his way to Denver to visit your office as well.

Boy, some mad treat-spitter is out there. Too bad we won't be able to eat any of those donuts.

Hello to eveyone else.

Trish
Old 03-30-2001, 11:27 AM   #22  
Running Babe

Default Wooohooo, one more class left for the Week

Wheee, lived through discussions on British politics during the latter 19th Century.

A general question: I am meeting my potential roomate tomorrow at her place, should I buy something to be hospitable like daisies or something? I'd like to.

Kirsty: Cool, compliments. Yeah a lot of men are suckers for beautiful blonds Though I am dying my hair blond for the simple reason that I feel like it

Belle: My shed got robbed last year and someone stole our generator (generators have been a hot commodity since the ice storm of 98), so the cops came by. Boy the cops that come by on the late-night shifts are really hot Hmmmm hot guy in your building, that is soo cool as well! Good Luck on moving day! Other than that, I am sorry that your mom's car got vandalized. Happened here my first month at Bishop's, I had had my car for just over a month, so I can understand how upsetting that can be (this year someone backed into my car, at least she was honest about it).

Shalyne: The weather is majorly sucking here as well. Have a good weekend.

Lola: well the outside of the carrfour is still kind of in that scuzzy 1970s architecture, but the inside is pretty nice. especially around the new boutiques, but it's funny it goes from low-end stores to high-end boutiques as well, it's very diverse. Yeah I will miss the townships, I wouldn't mind coming back down during the summer to bike for a day and have dinner at the Pilsen Pub (I love that place).

Kay: yeah I have a slightly sarcastic and dark sense of humour, which most people don't realize I possess until they really get to know me, but they all like it. I am glad I am not alone on the whole quarter-life crisis thing

Brenda: The guy who spat on the cake at Kirsty's office has spat on the doughnuts at your place

Tonya: my clothes are preppy, but form fitting too (though for the shirt I am wearing today I had to bring out my padded sweater bra, it makes me look like a 'b', I know TMI). I like being able to wear tight stuff

Jen: Highlights are sooo addcitive, but they're great. I started getting them done and before I knew it I was a full-fledged blond. I am thinking about getting light and medium blond highlights at the same time to then merge with my natural hair colour, but it will give me the overall "blond" look.

Lori: Good luck on your 30 hour shift! I envy and admire anyone who goes through residency. Yucky snow.... I know March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, not this year
Old 03-30-2001, 11:31 AM   #23  

Default Resist the donuts, cigarettes, and everything else!

hello! TGIF!

This thread is busy today....I returned after an hour and there were like 10 new posts!

Okay, I am 23 and I still get pimples....bad. I have a huge mountain on my forehead and it hurts. Anyone else still get them? Any weird remedies to try?

WEll, not much is going on. Good luck resisting all the food demons.

Later!
Old 03-30-2001, 11:31 AM   #24  
Running Babe

Trish: You posted when I did, but yeah that pastry spitter is a very busy guy Tonight I get a vegan muffin with chocolate on it which are only 3 points and boy are they yummy (155cals, 1 g of fat), the pastry spitter will most likely be away from Canada I hope.

Suzanne: I am also 23 and have just had the worst breakout in about 3 years. My advice is just to leave it alone and hopefully it'll be better within the next couple of days. If it really hurts, I numb them with ice, but that's all I can think of. take care.

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 03-30-2001 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:09 PM   #25  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Brenda... Not a Movie... are are going to "the Theatre". Gonna see a one man opera called Ravenshead. My parents get season tickets and are on vacation... so we get the tickets. It is something about a ship wreck or something like that. The description confused me, but hey, it's a night out! And after all, I have babysat my bro's kids zillions of times, so now its their turn! Plus my 5 year old neice LOVES Emma! Her name is Greta... How is that for 2 little german girls!!!

Forgot to share... finally found the first Brigett book. I also got the 2nd one because it was 25% off! Can't wait for the movie!

Suzanne... I am almost 29 and still get a pimple here and there. Annoying buggers. I think some people are destined to always have them. Don't pick at them and they will go away faster. Hubby likes to pick at his and it drives me nuts! He still gets them too!

I am splitting a half of a 9 inch pizza with hubby for lunch. YUMMMMMM.... Yesterday I had a really crappy day and bought a bottle of coke.. 5 points. BUT, ended with only 26 for the day. AWESOME!!

Oh, and I am not going blond because I think I would look bad as a blonde (but always did want to try it!)... anyhooo, I am going for natural auburn colored highlights. Who knows, I am leaving it in the hands of my hair lady... we'll see what she does. But I have to wait until the 17th!
Old 03-30-2001, 12:16 PM   #26  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Friday!! Yippee!

Finally the weekend!
We're off to the first competetion event weekend for racing. Nope, not the NASCAR race, though I wish...
I'm leaving early today so I have to make this short.
Belle: Good luck with the moving.
Kay: Kick @ss with no cigs! Good luck!
Brenda: NO Donuts! They give you digestional distress.
Hee hee fancy talk for potty talk.
Trish: Have a great, relaxing weekend!
Kirsty: I can't wait until the next Harry Potter book comes out!! Make J.K. hurry up!! I always wondered what their treats would taste like. Hey, they could put a spell on them to be calorie and fat free but still taste the same and not make you sick!
JenL: I get my hair cut on Tuesday night. I can't wait, I'm resembling the Shaggy Dog! Ooh, highlights are my favorite!! They are subtle, yet enough to notice!
Lori: That sucks about the weather. Does it make a difference with the patients at the hosp? or is everyone used to it?
Lisa:Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely trying it!
Tonya: Bonfires, beers and trucks sounds like a ton of fun! Our thing now is racing, then beer, then beer and then beer.
Ali: That's cool about the compliments. It's amazing how weight loss not only affects appearance, but personality as well!
Shaylne: Yep, it's supposed to rain in OKC this weekend, too, but luckily I'll be in Texas. It better not rain there!
Lola: Ding Dong!!! I, too, yelled and cheered out loud when I saw the small print of Jerry's name! Colby writes small like that! But, I hope she doesn't come back and mess things up in the end. Maybe some real food will "mellow" her bitc*ness. hmmm
Ok, I must get back to work, I've been sneaking these posts in. I truly hope I didn't forget anyone and if I did, yell at me.
Have a great weekend and I'll try to be back around!
Old 03-30-2001, 12:19 PM   #27  
Eve's Mom

Default HELP! THAI FOOD????

I have a business lunch at a Thai Buffet.......can anyone tell me what I can eat for how many points? DAMN! I forgot, I had brought a salad for lunch. After those darn sarah lees!!???

I have 45 min till i have to leave, if anyone can hellp me. I don't even know what Thai food is really. ARGH!
Old 03-30-2001, 01:06 PM   #28  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi all! I know, long time no hear. LOL. Sorry. My hubby and I have been busy purchasing our first house!!! HOORAY! We found a good one right near us for 32,000. It's a manufactured home in a park area. We are waiting to find out if we have been approved yet or not. It's seems like it's taking forever althought it's only been a few days. We find out on monday for sure if we are proud home owners or not. So, I am a nervous wreck right now.

It's 4 bedroom and has 2 living rooms with 2 bathrooms huge kitchen, dining room and washer/dryer room tons, of closets. Also has a garage, nice deck that the previous owners built on it and a great back yard for the kids. It's a repo'd home so that's why we are getting it for so cheap.

In the weight loss dept. Well on monday I had a 2 pd loss. I've cheated some this week, I've been so hungry from all the weightlifting that I have been doing! Today my goal is to make up a salad to snack on instead. That's what I should have been doing all along. *sigh* live and learn I suppose.

Well gonna run for now I will chat with you all soon. Just wanted to let you know that I was still alive and kickin'!!! LOL

Emily
Old 03-30-2001, 01:19 PM   #29  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hey stranger!

Emily: That's great about the house!! How awesome!
I've been having snack attacks, too. Mine have been in the evening, though.

I wanted to share a cool thing:
I was standing at the receptionist's counter in the waiting area of the office this morning. One of my co-workers came in the door and said, "You look so skinny standing there!" I almost started crying with joy, but then I thanked her and then proceeded to move all my stuff up front so I could work while standing there!
That was really neat!
Ok, back to work.
Have a great afternoon!
Old 03-30-2001, 01:55 PM   #30  

Ali-What is a carrfour???
Thai food-Pad thai-1 cup is 8 points.....
Closed Thread