Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default Totally Thursday

Morning girls,

It's a miracle, I actually got out of bed to run this morning! Granted, I am a bit worried at how much I struggled and how long it took me to go 2 miles (I have a 10k in 3 weeks, and a 10 miler in 6), but at least I got out there. I made myself do a little strength training last night while watching the OC, and I'll probably try to do a little more tonight while I watch the Thursday shows. My life is so exiciting, right!! I'm on mandatory unpaid overtime right now, and probably will be through March (late nights and weekends). Oh joy. Definitely cuts into my training time, but I'll just have to do what I can. Last night I made tortellini soup, so I have some yummy lunches for the next couple days. My goal for today is to REALLY TRY not to eat candy. My client keeps an entire large file drawer full of mini candy bars and I run straight to it when I'm stressed. I figure I could easily lose a half-pound a week if I stop eating that crap. Repeat, I want to be thin!! I want to be thin!! I at least want to fit into my size 12 pants!! Well, I will check in later on today....wish me luck!
Old 02-19-2004, 11:55 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Lexxy - Good job on your run! Could you post the recipe for your tortellini soup - it sounds like something yummy.

Jayne - how went prep for the monster paper?

Lisa - I can understand not wanting to lose the earrings but you have to wear them once and awhile or Brian will be disappointed. Guys generally like it when we wear things they give us.

Well, I bit the bullet. I've been avoiding my monthly WI because I knew I was up and didn't want to pay. Decided last night during some sleepless hours that I was going to WI today no matter what. Figured paying would PO me and that a meeting with people trying to lose would put me in the right frame of mind. I'm up 7.4 from a month and a half ago and am 4lbs over goal. Ugh! On a good note, I'm totally back on with my work-outs. This morning I did Maximum Cardio Burn. It will be my only work-out of the day because I used lunch for WW and have to work late tonight (working out too late makes it hard to go to sleep).

Check-in and let us know how you are doing.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #3  
Bono Fanatic!

Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been around. I start each day with good intentions and then things just spin out of control!

Lexxy - Don't worry how long it takes you to run. The fact that you are out there doing it is more than a lot of people can say. For your races have you considered walking one minute out of each mile? When I ran a half marathon, I would run for 9 minutes and then walk for 1 to make up each mile. I read that if you do that (from the beginning, even before you feel you need to walk) you end up conserving a lot of energy that you can use later in the race. Just a thought. Either way, just keep at it!

Laura - Welcome to the world of maintenance! I often say that maintaining is much harder than losing, and I think it is quite normal to gain a bit at the beginning - you automatically think, "well, I've taken the weight off so now I can go back to eating what I want." The important thing is that you weighed in and know how to fix the damage.

Not much going on here. Just really busy with work and school, as usual. Have a pretty quiet weekend planned. I'm going to spend some time hanging out with my mom, since I haven't seen her since X-mas. Other than that, it will just be studying. I plan to get at least 2 workouts in as well, since my weekends are really the only time to do it.

I'll try to check back in later.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:02 PM   #4  

ok, where are all da ladies at?

I got the recipie for the tortellini soup from cooking thin, although I don't really follow that. All it is is a bit of olive oil and garlic (and onion if you have it) sauteed in a pot. Add a can of whole tomatos, kind of break them up a bit. Add 3 cans chicken stock, bring to a boil and add a package of tortellini (I use dried). Cook to directions then add a thawed package of frozen spinach. Viola. I put a little parmesan on top, and it almost tastes like it's something that should be forbidden.

Jen, funny you should mention the walking....yeah, when I 'run', it's really run 3 minutes walk 1 min. I'm just so out of shape!!

Laura, wtg on going to WI before things got any higher. Maintaining definitely is the hardest, which is why I gained all my wieght back!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:18 PM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lexxy - WAY to go on getting up to run. You should be proud. I watch the OC too, although Marissa in annoying the *(&$# out of me. Thanks for the recipe. Yeah, it's been quiet. Maybe we should sake things up a bit!!

Laura! I think it's great that you went. That's the hardest part. It's easier to lose 4 pounds than it is to lose 15

Hey Jen! Good to hear from you. I laughed. I'm having quite an easy time maintaining... the catch... I'm trying my darndest to lose. I suppose that actually supports your statement. I'm working my behind off and just maintaining... when I'm actually trying to lose.

Lisa
Old 02-19-2004, 03:00 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Morning all - ok fine, it's almost afternoon here. I've been away for 2 days with a throat infection and no voice. It's hard to talk to people all day when you have no voice. I'm on penicillin and feeling considerably better today. My ankle is also much better and after reading 2 days worth of posts I've decided to go for a walk on my lunch and see about doing my tapes over the weekend (depends how the ankle holds up after the walk.) Thanks for the encouragement.

Did any of you get the Fast Tracks system? I have been off my target for so long I've decided to do it for a couple of weeks and "jumpstart" the losses again. I have to find out if I add in my flexpoints or just go with the regular plan. I also have to go out and buy some more groceries. Thank goodness tomorrow is payday!

Lexxy - hope you managed to avoid the evil candy
Laura - sounds like that monthly WI gave you a workout inspiration! At least something good came of it
JenK - Yay for mommies! Hope you guys get some quality time this weekend.
Lisa - always remember - if you didn't lose, at least you didn't gain...

OK - lots of stuff to catch up on here at work. Hope everyone is having a great day!

KT
Old 02-19-2004, 03:45 PM   #7  

Hi all! I am here! Went shopping today to get a formal dress for my cousin's wedding next week-nothing I have in my closet fits due to baby weight, etc. I'm trying not to be too depressed about it-just staying on track...I found two dresses-a safe, black one and a Va Va Voom red one-I'm going to try them both on for DH and my best friend and let them help me decide....

Lisa-our website is www.busky.net if you want to see pictures-the most recent of Sara are the Valentine's Day pictures...

I lost the earrings at my SIL's house-it was a postpartum moment-don't know what happened.

Today I ate a decent lunch at the mall-grilled chicken and veggies, passed by TWO Auntie Anne's pretzel places, and then gave in to an orange chocolate macaroon from Au Bon Pain...I ate two bites and thought-'what am I doing??" and I threw the other 2/3 in the trash! this man was watching me and probably thought I was nuts-but i couldn't keep it around or I would have eaten it in the car on my way home!!!

Trying a new crockpot recipe tonight-Thai chicken-it's hot salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce or fish sauce, cliantro...I'll let you know how it goes. Off to do Denise Austen!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #8  

PS Sara is about ten days old in the big picture you see when you get to the website....
Old 02-19-2004, 03:48 PM   #9  

Hey girls,

So I just ate some pretzels and hummus, and although I shouldn't be eating refined flour products, I think eating pretzels is a lot better than eating chocolate, right? I guess a calorie is a calorie, but we'll just say yes, it is better =) My back and hip are sore today which is not looking like a good sign. That usually doesn't happen from my "running", so I'm going to hope it's from something else. I did however, plop an astronomical $120 on these super high-tech good for you running shoes online today, so maybe they will help. Not that I am in need of new shoes, but I'll take any edge I can get!

Lisa, Marissa totally annoys me too, and I was so glad Ryan blew her off. I hope he gets together with his old GF.

KT, good luck with the walk!
Old 02-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #10  

Lori, OMG - she is so cute!!

And why was a man watching you eat a cookie - creepy!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

LORI!!! Oh my goodness. Can you say ADORABLE!!! First, those early pictures... what a head of hair!!!!! I loved it. The christening picture... so cute. She's got a great smile. And last... those valentines pictures!!!!!! She can sure put a smile on your face, huh!!! I love the one with the red rose... she looks like a baby cupid!!!! Adorable. Absolutely adorable!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:28 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lori OMG she's beautiful!!!!
Today is gorgeous outside So I've been out and about all day WI is tonight! I'm excited but I don't want to expect anything My scale tho is off by actual #'s shows a loss so we'll see
Oh Try the diet coke with lime its delish
Lex pretzels and hummus soo good and when compared to choc a much better decision
KT I'm glad you are feeling better
Laura I'm proud of you because you went and faced the music before it would get out of hand
Hi Lisa! You are almost there lady I'm using you as my inspiration

DF and I won't be taking the apt in his complex. . .it seems the old woman who lives there won't let us have a permanent ramp so we are back to looking UGH! it will happen tho
bbl to post the outcome
Love
Kierie
Old 02-19-2004, 04:30 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Lori!!! I loved that smile!! How did you make her do that? What great pics.

KT

PS - Ankle's a little sore from the walk but I think it's just rebuilding strength. Should be good to keep going.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:49 PM   #14  

Lori, have you ever considered baby modeling or commercials?? Could really help out the college fund.....

Kierie, good luck at WI tonight! Mine is tomorrow, I'm just hoping for no gain.
Closed Thread