View Poll Results: Favourite day of the week?
Monday 0 0%
Tuesday 0 0%
Wednesday 0 0%
Thursday 0 0%
Friday 6 27.27%
Saturday 14 63.64%
Sunday 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 05:27 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

here's the new thread, can't stay on long as extra busy and computer keeps dying. also looks like someone (security?) has been trying to log onto my machine overnight. dodgy. i really hope my poor wee computer hasn't been forced to download nasty piccies for some sad man. i really hope he didn't sit in my chair. eurgh!
Old 03-28-2001, 06:14 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Default Beware the PMS Monster

Yes, she is here, the PMS monster who gets snappy with her mom on the phone (my mom was nagging me, but I usually just bare with it and not snap back), who's been craving all these high points snacks (right now, garlic bread covered in cheese and yes it is 6am, luckily I have no cheese or garlic bread, because if I did I would be pigging out on it) and who in general has been really grumpy for the past 24 hours. She also broke out badly and realized she left her concealer/face powder at her parents house last time she went. Oh well, hopefully she'll disappear soon (I am usually not this bad, honestly).

Casey: Good Luck at WI, I sadly am not looking forward to mine. But take care!

Kirsty: that is really creepy. Could you set up some more passwords or something on your cpu? Good Luck.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-28-2001, 08:55 AM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Hello,

Kirsty I wouldn't like that at all. Hopefully some measures can be taken to prevent that from happening again!

My question for the group is: eggs. Like them? I am totally on an egg kick. They really fill me up in the morning. 2 poached on LF bread is great for 5 points, and I know I won't eat again until lunch! I also realized through "the Right Mix" books that I'm way short on protein, so it helps there as well. Do you guys eat eggs, or are you worried about cholesterol and the like?

Ali 5 weeks away from Ottawa, eh? That's great. What area will you be living in? Close to school? Hope your room mate is nice.

Bellea time limit sounds good. I just worry about the rollercoaster ride you've been on. I've been lurking on this board since August and it seems you have yet to get a straight answer from this guy. The ex is a perennial issue, so are his friends and so is the way he acts with you "come here/go away". At the end of the day, it's just important that you find your own peace. Good luck!

Have a good one, ladies.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:45 AM   #4  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hump Day!

Girlsgirlsgirlsgirlsgirlsgirls!!!!! I’m so incredibly proud of myself! Last night I turned down PIZZA!! I came home, at a sensible dinner before going to my show and I was able to turn down Papa Murphy’s take and bake pizza. It looked sooooo good. I could have eaten just a little piece, but NO! I stayed strong The worst I did was drink root beer with them. Sorry, this was just a huge deal to me for some reason. I ended up at 23 points for the day! Woohoo!

I thought it was strange that Jen brought up pets again b/c I have a story for you guys this morning. I went into our bedroom where my husband was already sleeping and picked up my favorite flannel pajamas on the bed (it’s been snowing so I dug them out the other day). It felt like the shorts were a little wet. Well, my darling puppy (I say this dripping with sarcasm) decided he wanted to chew on mom’s shorts. There’s a nice big half moon shape chewed out of them. I was furious! I’m going to have to revamp my entire house at this point b/c he is getting worse on the chewing. I yelled at him and he made me feel totally guilty b/c he was hanging his head, giving me puppy dog eyes, the whole bit. I’m in such big trouble when I have kids *sigh*

Suzanne: I don’t like pre-nuptials either. I’m with you that it’s like planning to get divorced. I can see where he is coming from on the house. If he bought it though before you are married and it’s in his name and it stays that way, would it be an issue in the case of divorce anyway? I don’t know how that works. I believe though that he needs to trust you enough before he marries you. I think we all have money issues in our marriages.

Belle: Those pet names!!!

Lola: I love eggs. It’s about time to get those Easter Eggs done. Then I bring them to work for hard boiled lunch treats. Hey, it’s only 2 points! And scrambled eggs with meat and cheese in them? Yumm! Don’t get that very often thought. I also love to put egg on my salad.

Oh no, getting a headache again. Must go take something.
Old 03-28-2001, 09:46 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm going to be a weather girl!

ok, so that's a bit of an exaggeration. i've just seen a job advert looking for broadcast meteorologists or broadcast assistants. i reckon i'd make an excellent weather girl so i've asked for the application form....watch this space!

kirsty
ps lolly - tell no one! i might not even fill out the form if it's too long/hard/boring!
Old 03-28-2001, 09:50 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning ladies!

Hope everyone is having a good morning. I read this last night and felt it was way important to share.

It's about losing muscle mass when you are losing weight.

for every pound you lose, 3/4 of that pound is fat, and 1/4 of that pound is muscle. So if you lose 20 pounds, you've lost 15 opunds of fat and 5 pounds of muscle.

And muscle burns more calories than fat. Your body burns 11 calories an hour for every pound of muscle you have, but only 2 calories an hour for every pound of fat.

I hope I don't sound like a book, it's jsut when I read that I was like "Wow! Good to know!" and I wanted to share.

I'll definately add stregth training into my workouts.

I asked the fitness consulatant at my gym about that and she said it was right on. She also said that when machines are calculating how many calories you are burning while working out, they assume 20% body fat. Well, I have 41% body fat... So when the machine says I'm buring 400 calories... I'm really not.

Anyway, I thought it was good info and I'll definately start weight training.

Lisa
Old 03-28-2001, 09:57 AM   #7  
Crime Fighter

Suzanne I meant to give you my opinion on pre-nups. I am just about to become a lawyer, so I may be biased . I don't mind them. I think most pre-nups go along the lines of "what was mine before will be mine, what was yours before will be yours, what we accumulate together is ours". Sounds fine to me. It's not an issue unless there is a divorce, and then it saves the heart-wrenching "counting spoons" process. What I think is most important, though, is that couples have a thorough conversation about money before they get married. I think money break up more marriages than anything else, so you'll be better off if you sort through this stuff now. To me, marriage is more than the romance. (Although the romance is the best part! ) It's about becoming part of a team... an entity larger than either of the players. This team is in charge of providing support for each other; maybe becoming parents and creating children with values and strength; and being fully aware and responsible for the financial future of the family. My advice is explore this option. If you decide not to go down the pre-nup road, it will be because both you and the love of your life have made an informed decision.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:14 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Happy Hump Day....

Hi everyone... I am doing OK Today! I did my aerobic and stretching last night (For the SELF Challenge!). I am on track. Gonna make that 10 pounder! I am tired of my pre-pregnancy clothes not fitting. I look horrid because I have to scrape together clothes that fit. I did buy a couple dresses (from that bag of a lady!!) but I don't feel like wearing them everyday! UGhhh.. I can do this!!

BRENDA.... oh you poor thing. My Sadie still chews all the time. It is a horrid thing, but certain breeds just do it more. We buy her lots of chew toys. The Kong toys are great. Also, don't buy rawhide and hoofs, etc. They are VERY bad for dogs. Rawhide is NOT digested in there system and will actually expand when they swallow it. My vet says they get dogs in all the time with bloated digestive systems that are clogged with rawhide. Just a warning, it is very dangerous. We buy the Booda Velvets (which get messy sometimes) and the Nylabones. Both of these are natural. Now taht Sadie has all her adult teeth, we mostly get the nylabones because she chews HARD. She can chew up a big boods velvet in a couple hours. She still steals our socks and chews them, but we are working on that. Good Luck. It is a tough thing to control. But lots of chew toys is a good thing!!! If you have any questions, just ask... I also have a degree in Animal Science and would be happy to share my knowledge (this little I have ) Oh and Papa Murphys is my weakness....actually all pizza is!!

Kirsty.... ohhhhh, tell us more about the weather girl job when you apply!! Sounds thrilling!! Oh and I hope the secruity guy wasn't scanky. How gross if he did sit in your chair! Get the Lysol out!!

Tilley... Thanks for the info. I guess that is why exercise is so very important!!

Well, I better skidaddle back to work! Tootles
Old 03-28-2001, 10:19 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default Only Wednesday...

Is it me or is this week creeping by....

Well, last night I rented the contender with b/f, had dinner made and all planned out then he cracked out the M&m's.....now, I just got TOM yesterday and I ate the whole thing. I am so disappointed in myself ! But, I shall move on, its PMS after all.

Well, last night was pretty good with b/f. Lola, you make a good point about no straight answers, and the ex still being somewhat of an issue.....it does make me wonder, the whole thing. But then on the other hand, he has these really tender moments and - ARGH - its just plain confusing. At any rate, he is off on feild trips tomorrow and Friday and I have to pack so I won't see him until Friday night. So,that's good. Some time off.

OOPS just got busted by boss, shitty!! Oh well, will have to look very diligent today now!

Kirsty - I wanted tobe a weather girl when I was younger - but I always thought I was too fat so never went for it. I sort of regret it. After all, if Oprah can do it, so can anyone. That would be very cool - not that I could see you over here...but still.

Ali - I am with you on the PMS. Strenght in numbers!!

Bren - 23 points for hte day?! Holy smokes!! Well done. I, on the other hand, gave in to the chocolate monster.

Lisa - I was thinking of buying some free weights for home - I never seem to get to the gym as much as I want and now I live 25 min from the gym - but I have a bike and videos and lots of places towalk at home - so I thought I'd add some free weights and get a lower body strenght video. I actually heard the cindy crawford one was really good for that (I know, its lame). I think it makes a difference too in howyou look when you are more firm.

Anyhoo, I should mosey - hello to Steph, Casey, Lolly, Kim (on vacation?), Emily, Jen, Trish, Suzanne, Kristin, Becky, and the whole herd. We are getting so huge now!!

Belle
Old 03-28-2001, 10:23 AM   #10  

OK-I've been hesitant about posting today but I feel the need to confess about how badly I did yesterdayI started with good intentions of drinking water and exersizing-I did drink the water...but after getting off of a thirty hour work shift with mininal sleep I spent the afternoon apt hunting and in the process lost my cell phone!!! So I wound up not cooking a nutritious dinner but going out -I had 1/2 a broiled catfish and about 1/3 a cup of potatoes but a piece of cornbread and god knows how many tortilla chips as well as a drink. now i only had about 9 points left going in to that dinner, so I am now pretty annoyed at myself. I was tempted to skip weigh in this week but I am going to go...not sure to which meeting yet...
On a brighter note-my cell phone was found, and I am going to exersize at lunchtime today!!!! So far I am at 6 points for the day-If I stay OP all day I think I may treat myself and make some seafood fra diavolo tonight for dinner...mmmm-thanks for being a confession board guys-I know lal of you can relate to stress eating...oh i forgot to mention that as soon as I realized I lost my cell phone I promptly ate 2 thin mints!!! But they tasted good...Lori
Old 03-28-2001, 10:31 AM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Why, oh Why, is it not Friday!

Only Wednesday. Pooh!

I was very good yesterday OP. My hubby brought home Cadberry Cream Eggs yesterday for a little treat. I had enough points for one (he brought me two) but not for two...that would put me one point over. so I only had one. It was yummy and I saved the second for today. I am so proud of myself.

On the bad side, I did not make it to the gym this morning. It was so cute, I was getting up at 5:20 but hubby wanted to stay in bed and cuddle. So I did. I will have to go tonight after my afterwork meeting and make sure I make my weight training class on Friday!

Well, I started my temp reading this morning. It was so strange, I was dreaming about it all night. One little dot on my chart.

Lisa: great info on the fat/muscle thing. I will have to make sure I don't keep missing my weight training class.

Kirsty: It would be just like Bridget Jones (only not so nuratoic) from publishing to TV. How great! How were drinks last night. YOu know, I just wanted to tell you what a great job you are doing with maintanence. YOu really are an insperation...to be able to work good food and drink into your plan and still maintain your weight so well. Good job! That is a hard thing for many people to do...me included.

Brenda: That is so great about the pizza. It is such a hard thing to take a pass on. Oh, you know, I thnk I like Diet Dr Pepper because is reminds me of root beer and diet coke cross. I do love it so much!!! Oh, I also can not get mad at my little cutie dog. She can be such a grump to me...but when I get mad at her she just looks at me like, "What? What I do? Hey, look, I am cute!" and I just smushy hug her to death. She hates that. Ginger wa snever a chewer, but when we first got her and she was mad she would pee on your stuff. It is good she has not done that in years or cute or not she would be in BIG TROUBLE! Hope your headache is better.

Lola: I also LOVE eggs. I am not worried about calesteral as I read it was the good kind in the eggs and I think most of the nutrition is in the yoke. However, sometimes if I am low on points I will use one entire egg and one white or something. Hubby and I eat eggs a lot for dinner. They are a great way to use up the little bits of things you ahve leftover. Like dump that blop of spegetti sauce that is left on them or that extra spoonful of veggies that are leftover from yesterday. I also found I was not getting enough protein in my diet.

Ali: I have been having PMS for like a week and 1/2. Boy, that garlic bread sure does sound good. Good thing I also have none in sight. I did have the leftover cadberry cream egg for breakfast as I typed this. Maybe not as nutritious as my usual oatmeal, but oh so satisfying!

Belle: I think a timeframe is a good thing to keep in mind. Relationships are hard work. I also think men in our generation can be very intimidated my their emotions and commitment. They may have been hurt themselves and most have seen either their parents or friends etc parents divorce. I think it has made many of our generation very protective of their feelings. You were right to tell him where you were coming from. Communication is key to a healthy relationship.

Suzanne: I guess this goes with the pre-nup thing as well. I would also sit with a minister or counselor and talk about these issues. I bet there is more there than just money (but money is a big issue to work out in a relationship). On the property issue going into a marriage, states differ on their rules I think. But once again, I would talk about it and see what happens.

Ok, I need to get going to work. I will talk with you all soon.

trish
193.2/187/155
5'10"

Last edited by Trish O; 03-28-2001 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:45 AM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

For all that were posting when I was:

Lori: don't be hesitant to use us as the confesional. We have all messed-up and really can relate. I also think it is good to go to weigh in on bad weeks. It helps me to put the week behind me and get back on track. Plus, I need another journal or I will stay off track. So go to the meeting! Great job on working out today!!!

Belle: How was the Contender? My week is creeping too. And don't worry about the M&M's. Stupid PMS.

Jen: I am in the same boat. None of me old clothes fit but a few right now. They are all so tihgt in the behind! So I put things together. However, I am not getting any bigger clothes, so I guess if I want to not be naked at work I had better stay on program and get this weight off. My hubby was so rude (he did not mean to be, but you know men) I was complaining about nothing fitting due to my slightly bigger size right now and he went, "Well, you have a ton of things in that closet. You must have clothes in every size, something should fit!" Well, thank you! We will get back into our old stuff. We can do it!

Lola: What kind of law are you thinking about practecing when you graduate?

Ok, really must work now.

trish
Old 03-28-2001, 10:51 AM   #13  

Belle... I have a little questions for you if you don't mind. Since you are stressing about your bf's ex. Why did they break up and was it on good terms and that is why they still talk?? I guess I am just wondering what the circumstances were prior to him dating you. Maybe that will shed some light on the your problems with the relationship.
Old 03-28-2001, 10:55 AM   #14  

Oh Trish... we posted at the same time. We are exactly in the same boat. I DON'T want to wear my huge old ugly tent clothes, I have a few. BUT, as my hubby said, I am sick of you wearing those knit pants all the time. They are left over from my early PG when my belly started to expand. YUP, I look aweful in my clothes and I hate it. Before getting PG I had lost 30 pounds and was getting all this confidence and started buying really cute clothes is all these great smaller sizes. NOTHING FITS NOW. But, I have a new light on this and I KNOW WE CAN DO IT! If you want I will nag you about it to keep on track.... and feel free to nag me back!!
Old 03-28-2001, 11:05 AM   #15  
Running Babe

Lola: I meet the potential roomate this weekend. The apartment is in centretown so I am roughly halfway between Algonquin and Downtown. BTW where did you go to Law School (McGill, Ottawa?)? I am doing a Law Clerk course for the next two years, but I am thinking about one day actually going to Law School (I want to work for a while first and what not, the Law Clerk thing though is closer to what I want to do now).

Trish: I've got to ask, how many points are Cadbury Cream Eggs? I love those things and am planning to have at least one on Easter Day.

Belle: solidarity with PMS.... My mom annoyed me again when I talked to her, I was telling her about my presentation and she was like "how can you discuss this without talking about that", grrrrr... It's my research, not hers (and she's not even a history major or ever has been) and she doesn't understand what angle I am using (my seminar is on Canadian Vs American policy on Cuba From the Revolution to Helms-Burton).

Jen: mmmmmmmm Pizza, something else to crave! We give our oversized doggie Nylabones as well, he loves them. He also has his favorite toys, but overall he's been very good about not chewing (our other two dogs on the other hand were terrible when they were puppies)

Kirsty: I'd love to be a weather girl too

Brenda: Good for you on the Pizza, that rocks

I have a presentation this afternoon, wish me luck!

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread