Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 02:05 AM   #46  

Donna,
Hi! Great loss, especially with TOM.
Yes, I do the same thing every week so far.
Mon, Wed, and Fri- Bowflex (45 min.) and treadmill (30 min.)
Tues.and Thursday- Weight Watchers High Intesneity DVD -(30 min.)
I have to do it everyday or I feel out of whack. Never thought that would be a sentence I'd say.
I am glad you got all that straightened out with the birth certificate. Have fun!!!!!!!

Jen,
Enjoy that treadmill. I love mine. It will be 3 years since I got it soon. I never tire of it.
I know it has to be hard knowing that about Joey and Iliana. Just be glad he has you and Joe for parents. I am sure he is a smart guy.

Es,
I hope Pete has a great birthday. The membership is a great idea.

Luv ya all!!!!
Terri
Old 02-13-2004, 05:33 AM   #47  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy Birthday to Pete! I'm sure he'll be pleased with his gift, Es, it was a good idea.

What is everyone doing for Valentine's Day? We're going to a local winery in the afternoon, but will have dinner at home.

later,
~Jen
Old 02-13-2004, 12:22 PM   #48  

Jen,
OK Did you cry on Survivor last night? Britts and I started bawling when Jenna started to cry about leaving to go to her mom. The music did it for me. When the words about her mom popped up on the screen my boys started bawling. So sad. Wonder if Jeff will tell the Survivors?

For Valentines Bruce and I are going to dinner (my choice) and to a movie. I want to dress up a bit. He will have a gift for me. I love his surprises.
Have fun.
Terri
Old 02-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #49  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
at first I was disappointed that Jenna even went on the show, considering how ill her Mom was. Then I just felt so sorry for her. Thank goodness she made the decision to go to her, just in time.
Sounds like a nice date...have fun!
~Jen
Old 02-13-2004, 12:35 PM   #50  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Es - Happy Birthday to Pete Hope you both enjoy it!

Hi guys Will be back later.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 02-13-2004, 12:41 PM   #51  

Hi guys, don't get to watch Survivor so can't put my two cents worth in! I even missed American Idol this week. I have caught a stupid cold and it has me feeling like I'm in the clouds. LOL
Happy Birthday to Pete!!
I think we are going to cook out steaks for our Valentines dinner this year. Seeing we are soon going away I think I'll consider that my Valentines day. We will get our daughter something but that is it. That is I hope it is. He has been known to surprise me a time or two!
Have a good day you all!
Donna
Old 02-14-2004, 08:03 AM   #52  

Talking

Thanks for all Pete's birthday wishes. They put a big smile on his face.

Love you all!
Es
Attached Images
File Type: gif valentines_sign_rose_rocking_md_wht.gif (10.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #53  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! to all my friends.

I'm loving the treadmill. Am probably the only person here who's never stepped foot on one before! Joe's been using it also, which is great, since I can never seem to get him out for walks. I did have concerns about heel pain from using it...have read that on some sites before, and since I was treated for that in the past, it was a big issue for me. We'll see how it goes. It's a great way to test one out without having to purchase one.

We're having the family over tomorrow for Joe's birthday dinner. I'm making lasagne, but got smart this time and asked the kids to bring the salad and garlic bread

Hope everyone has a great day with their Sweetie!

~Jen
Attached Images
File Type: gif val003.gif (5.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 02-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #54  

Hi Buddies,

Belated birthday wishes to both Joe and Pete.

Donna, Congrats on your losses, you are really moving toward your goal! Have a great time going on that trip!

Terri, wow, that is an impressive amount of exercise, are you feeling really toned up?
You asked about my mother, she is doing ok, but kind of depressed about not being able to live independently. This week is February vacation for the schools. My sister is ready for a break. She and her family want to go to Vermont for a snowy, skiing and snow-tubing kind of holiday. This past week we spent figuring out who would take my mom in the meantime. As it turns out she wanted to go back to my brother’s because he has the handicapped equipped bathroom. I was looking forward to having her here, but I guess she will wait until Greg is performing in the musical and then stay with us.
Greg is starting to seem better. It almost seems as if the activity of the play is perking him up. He said he was enjoying the rehearsals and actually used the phrase “having fun”. Hooray!

Jen, I am thinking of a treadmill too, but haven’t gotten around to buying one yet, I mostly use a stationary bike at a gym along with the weights. I have had lots of foot problems due to flat feet, I had quite a bit of heel pain too. I think being really conscientious about stretching before exercising has helped me a lot. I hope that hammertoe thing is not too painful, will you need to be on crutches for a while?

Es, That is a really nice gift for Pete. If we support our guys in good health habits, it tells them we love them a lot and want them to be well and around for a long time.

Dianne, you must be awfully busy, hope all is well, I miss seeing your longer chatty notes.

Hi Ruth, Happy Valentine’s Day.

I lost 1.2 this week, I was really happy, I exercised at the gym 3 days, which is probably what helped.

Valentine kisses to all,

Sandy
Old 02-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #55  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Happy Valentine's Day my buddies!!!

I finally did it - 10lbs!!! I'll consider that my valentines's present - I needed 4 ozs and I got 6 so its actually 10.2 lbs. lost

Congrats to all you losers and exercisers I think exercising helped me a lot this week too - I actually did the watp tape 4 times and willie did it with me - that was fun. This morning after ww, I went to the park and walked for 45 mins. Better take advantage of actually WANTING to exercise, right?

Sandy, yes I have been busy - thanks for missing my long chatty notes : I'll be back over the weekend. Willie and I are going to dinner and a play tonight. I hope you all have a great night with your honey's!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 02-14-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:12 AM   #56  

Angry

Hi

Dianne/Amiga, you go Girl!!!! I am so proud of you. Like I always say, exercise is the key. Whenever someone tells me they're slowing down with their weight loss I suggest exercise. It boosts the metab. Keep up the good work.

Sandy, congrats to you too. We should start an exercise thread. Not a separate thread just post what activity we did for that day. Keeps us focused.

Jen, I absolutely LOVE my treadmill. If you can do that at least 3x a week it'll be great. Not only for weightloss but for your heart! Good going.

I am so proud of all of you!!! We fit our title, Fab. 40's!

We're bad, we're bad.
Attached Images
File Type: gif wow.gif (2.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #57  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
congrats on the loss! Glad to hear Greg is doing better. You can look forward to your Mother's visit, and show off Greg in the play.
I don't have details yet re:the surgery and recovery. I'm hoping I can do weight bearing right away.

Dianne,
whoo hoo 10 pound mark! good for you. persistence pays off, right? good job on the exercising. How was the play?

Es,
I know how important exercise is...I can understand how Terri said that she has to do it every day or she feels out of whack. I have only felt that way a few times when I've been consistent...and am determined to get back there now that I've got the treadmill.

have a great Sunday!
~Jen
Old 02-16-2004, 02:51 PM   #58  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Whoo hoo...check out the new thread....#154!!!
Closed Thread