Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:43 PM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I know! It's very disappointing to see what kids are viewing now. They'll grow up thinking nothing of it. I suppose it's a matter of age, that our parents at our age were saying the same thing about Woodstock, rock & roll, etc....but it really is much worse now, in my opinion. We weren't constantly bombarded with boobs and sex.

We listened to Janet Jackson's first song, then we hit mute and were playing dominoes and eating we missed the whole thing, only saw it on the news later.

~Jen
Old 02-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #17  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I definitely earned some Activity Points this morning! Shovelling really is a workout. We got about 4 inches. Because of his previous heart attack, I don't want Joe to shovel, so I got outside early while he was in the shower and at least got the driveway in front of his van cleared. Then went back later to do all the rest. If I wasn't afraid of the monster snow thrower we have I'd use that

This weather is really getting to me. I know it's due to having been on the beach just a week ago It's making me realize I don't care to stay in this area forever. I definitely don't see putting up with this snow 8 or 10 years from now. I always thought I could never leave Brandon and Matthew, but by then they'll be old enough to be put on a plane if I want a visit from them.

Hi to everyone!

~Jen
Old 02-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #18  

Thumbs down

Hi Buds

Jen, you sound like my sister. She wants to move to Florida someday. My nephew(her son) loves it too. I would miss my nephew but I'll have someplace to stay. I like the winter. I know, I'm weird. Pete likes to shovel. He always says it's a great workout.

Gotta go eat.

Later.
Hugs,
Es
Attached Images
File Type: gif pug_e0.gif (5.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-03-2004, 09:23 PM   #19  

Hello everyone! How are you doing? I'm getting better every day since my rough weekend. My weigh in is tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good less of me!
Jen, you were asking of any tips that I may have learned. Well, I have been thinking about that and for me two things have really been a great value to me. I was not a breakfast kind of gal and learned that even if it's just a cup of yogurt that will get your motabilism going. Funny that the breakfast is the only meal that will trigger that Motor to go! AND I learned that a good night sleep and not staying up so late helps too. Oh, this is three but Yogurt and I are best buds now. LOL
Keep moving and eat your breakfast! Then get rested well to start again.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #20  

Hi Gals,

Some days just seem so long, that by the time the evening comes, I feel as if 2 days had passed by. I got up at 5:30 this morning and showered and brought Greg to school. I came home and had breakfast with Mike, then drove into Boston to work. The office I work at is right behind the State House and just a couple of blocks from the parade route for the Patriots who returned to Boston to celebrate today. I went down to watch and took rather a long lunch, then I worked later to make up for it. I stopped on the way home for something quick to make for dinner. I was home for all of 45 minutes and then had to go back out for a church committee meeting. I am so glad that I don't do this every day, tomorrow is an at home catch up kind of day.

By the way Terri, the kicker for the team passed by all of 20 feet from me. The parade was worth it even if I am not a big football fan. The excitement of over a million fans was infectious. I called Mike on my cell phone so that he could hear the roar of the crowd. He is a huge fan, he actually taped the parade on our VCR. So I think he did enjoy it vicariously through me.

My WW efforts are pretty good still, but it does feel like a real battle some days to make the right choices. I think I need to have something other than salad at lunch, it is almost a month and I am getting a little bored.

Donna, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, I will be my fingers for you too.

Es and Jen, I dread shovelling until I get out there, but once I am outside, I don't mind it and feel a sense of accomplishment when I do it.

Hi Dianne and Ruth, hope all is well with you too.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 02-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Donna,
I've often wondered what the difference is between those who say they want to lose (me) and those who actually do it (Terri, you). You were able to find what worked for you, thanks for the insight. I need to eat yogurt more often; it's always in the frig but not usually my first choice.

Sandy,
It must have been awesome to hear and see the parade. If it had been my Bears, I would have been right there!
I usually become bored following WW. It's so easy to get into a rut and eat the same foods all the time; trying a couple of new recipes a week helps alot. Hang in there, change your lunch menus if you can. Adding protein to lunch has helped me tremendously, as I don't get munchies before dinner.

Quitting my job and being at home has caused me to gain quite a bit of weight over the last 3 years. That's embarrassing because I've been here every day of those years! I know now that I've got to stick to 3 meals, and stay out of the kitchen.
Portion control is, as usual, another factor. Joe and I have not been counting points this week, but have cut down on portions and added more veggies and are making a point of drinking lots of water. Only baby steps, I know, but a start. The points are always in the back of my mind even if I'm not journalling.

We're supposed to get another 3 to 6 inches of snow this afternoon and evening My sister in Arkansas got 4 inches :lol they don't even own a snow shovel.

HI Terri, Es, Dianne, Ruth, Zoe

~Jen
p.s....while it may look like the 3fc avatar I've been using, my avatar now is a photo I took in Punta Cana
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #22  

Jen,
I wish I could give you the magic words that would work for you. I'm not sure what happened with me. Other than I finally put my money where my mouth was and it just seemed to make a difference to pay for something than just eyeing things and taking for granted I was making the right food choices and portions. Journaling really showed me and still does what I'm eating. WW works for me. It may not be what works for you. Every one is different. I think the way you look at it also has alot to do with it. You have to look at as something you want to do, a change for the best not just for losing weight and outward appearances but for your health. I have a 9 year old daughter and I want to be around to see grandchildren! I feel you really want to do this but you are looking at it as something you can't do. Have faith, take those baby steps and you can do this! I hope I don't sound preachy but you sound just like me just not that long ago right before I finally decided enough is enough and I have to do something and do something now! Find an activity you really enjoy doing. I really enjoy Pilates. Some people like it some people don't but I really do. Anything that I can help you with please let me know. I did lose 1 1/2 pounds on my weigh in yesterday. That's the biggest loss this year in a week so I'm slowly getting back on track. I hope I don't sound preachy but you sound like a me all over! Are you sure we aren't sisters? LOL
Sandy, I get tired of salads too. I find soups are good. Have you made the 0 point soup? Also during the warm days I will make a 2 point smoothie. That gives you a serving of your fruit and a dairy. Of course if you work outside the home making a smoothie would be kinda difficult. But, there has to be life for lunch beyond salads all the time. I bet the parade was good. I really thought the game was very exciting even if the Panthers lost!
Well, I live in the south but we are suppose to get more icy rain today. I don't do well with the cold that's why I was born in the south I think. LOL However a little snow would be nice but not so much you have to shovel. Not my kinda activity but I bet the activity points would be high. LOL
I hope you all have a great day. I hope I didn't run off at the mouth too much but I don't think there is anything that is a one size fits all even in the *diet* department. We have to find our way the best we can, right?

Donna
Old 02-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I can understand why Pete likes the workout that he gets from shovelling; it really in invigorating. Just seems too much like work tho! I've always liked the change of seasons, and thought I'd never want to live elsewhere. Winters do seem longer each year, however.
Have you tried Pilates?

Donna,
No, you didn't run off at the mouth. I appreciate your comments. Just have to keep trying. I have dabble with yoga and kind of liked it. I'll see if the library has Pilates tapes or dvds and see if that's for me.

Terri,
SURVIVOR tonight whoo hoo!! Hope Richard goes.

~Jen
Old 02-05-2004, 05:46 PM   #24  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Jen, the two of us have been struggling since we first came to these boards. Don't be so hard on yourself. At least you haven't given up. I'm turning 50 in April & I swore to myself I would make my 10% goal. If I can accomplish that I'll be happy. WW is so easy. I've tried other programs & always wind up coming back to WW. I'll be a WW for the rest of my life. Oh, by the way, we're getting snow too. It's starting tonight. They're saying 3 inches. Punta Cana looks beautiful!

Donna, congrats on your loss. I am so proud of you.

Sandy, I wish my days felt long. For me, they go by too fast.

Hi Dianne, Terri, Janie, Zoe(?) & Ruth.

Till tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es
Attached Images
File Type: gif ccwinman1.gif (2.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by EsRios426; 02-05-2004 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #25  

Talking

Jen, we were posting at the same time. My brother has pilates at his gym. I haven't tried it yet. My sister did & she liked it a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ccwin4.gif (3.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-05-2004, 10:18 PM   #26  

Es, you have the cutest attachments! Where in Florida is Punta Cana? I need directions please. I'm way too cold.

Jen, I'm glad I didn't upset you. I can go on and on sometimes. Hang in there! I am not there yet. I'll be doing this also for the rest of my life because it's not a diet any more.... It's my life.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Donna
Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #27  

Jen,
I lived in Fl. for 13 years and I didn't like it with kids but once they are grown I can definitely see myself in Florida.
Maybe at least for the winter. My dream is for my kids to all settle within 1/2 hour from us. I never want the empty nest.
Great workout with the shoveling. Be careful.
As long as we practice good portion control we can eat basically what we want. I know I can have more tomorrow or the next day.
I cried when Rudy went home. Rupert could not vote him out. I want Rupert to stay but Jerri is going to start trouble.

Donna,
CONGRATS on the 1.5# loss. That is fantastic.
I agree about breakfast. I never used to eat it but I eat every morning at 7:30. I feel so much better.
You are so right to say it is a lifetime change. Just as Dr. Phil says in his book. He makes you think. I love the psychological aspect of his book. He tells us why we get fat.
There is a girl on my other list that has stayed relatively the same for 4 years but I tell her at least she isn't getting bigger. It helps when she wants to give up. She could easily be 300 pounds if she ate the way she did but at least with WW she is around the 200 mark. I know I could easily be 300+ pounds with the way I love food. I just feeling good better than food. I can't even imagine eating anything fried (besides fries) again.

Sandy,
I am in awe! You were so close to Adam. He is sooooo cute. Glad you had fun.
Yes, you sound like you have to spice up your meals. Never get into a rut. That is the number 1 demotivator.
I like soups and sandwiches along with salads for lunch. I do the pita bread sandwiches too.

Es,
Enjoy the snow.

I weigh in tomorrow. Have a good weekend.
Terri
Old 02-07-2004, 06:25 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Richard's nudity is irritating me. The last day we were at the resort a group of Americans arrived. One of the women was in her late 30's, about 180 lbs...would not keep her top on at the swim-up bar. She was shimmying and flopping and it wasn't pretty. People were laughing at her, but after a while it was just icky. That's how I feel every time they show Richard.

You are absolutely right about portion control.

Donna,
congrats on the 1.5 loss!

have a great weekend, everyone!
~Jen
Old 02-07-2004, 07:07 AM   #29  

Angry

Hi Girls

I'm so glad it's Saturday. I had a horrible week at work. I'm seriously thinking about going back to 4 days a week.

Jen, that woman must have been drunk to think she looked good! Some people just love the attention.

Remember Points Lady/Police? She asked me if I want to do Atkins Induction with her. She used to weigh 110 now she's 124. It sounds like a little but she is very short, only 4'9". She said she's more motivated when she has a buddy system. I DON'T THINK SO! If I try another diet I'll go nuts. I wonder what happened to Zoe?

Terri, we had a rain storm yesterday so most of the snow is gone. I like the snow but hate the ice.

Donna, I get the attachments from other members. I copy the cute ones.

Hi to the rest of our gang.

Love you's,
Es
Attached Images
File Type: gif cckoala1.gif (6.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by EsRios426; 02-07-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Hope you are enjoying your weekend after a lousy week. I can't say I blame you for thinking about cutting back a day.
It's a shame Points Police gained back the weight. I know how that is.
I've wondered about Zoe also. I miss Janie.
We seem to have so much snow on the ground. Then the weatherman said that we'll have it for two more months didn't want to hear that.
Relax and take care.
~Jen
Closed Thread