View Poll Results: What would you rather do?
Work less hours for the same salary 7 33.33%
Work the same hours for more money 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 05:44 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Unhappy

morning girls,
sheesh - can't believe it's monday. where did the weekend go? i met up with some friends from oxford uni at a party on sat night, hadn't seen some of them since before WW. so they were pleasantly shocked at my new figure! one of them is going to send a piccie of me and my friend kate drunk at a may morning ball. if he does i'll post it so you can see a "before" picture!
last night i went out for dinner (thai), and either i got food poisoning or i was allergic to something. it wasn't pleasant and my belly is only just recovering. can't wait till i can go back home to bed! so, how was everyone else's weekend? i was actually pretty good on points and didn't snack or booze too much. hmm, maybe that's why i wasn't well?
our network is crashing lots today, so i might not get back on.
love to you all,
kirsty
Old 03-26-2001, 08:26 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default playing with things

don't worry about me, i'm just practising bold and italics and bold italics.
found another good website for avatars.
http://www.aol.americangreetings.com/tribe/iam/
Old 03-26-2001, 08:45 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Morning All,

It is a beautfiul morning and I am feeling wonderful! I had a good weekend which in many ways was a big eye opener for me. Here's my mission statement for the next 5 weeks, FINISH MY DEGREE AND GET TO GOAL!!! Don't worry about guys, don't worry about little insignificant things that will drive me nuts, just do those two things and life will be good (well it is allready but you know what I mean). These two major things I will accomplish at the same time which is really cool in my honest opinion (both have taken AGES to acheive).

Kirsty: Did the clocks go back in Britain this weekend? Anyhoo, I hope life is good for you and that your cpu network stops acting up.. I'll check on the avatars later!

Take Care and have a wonderful day!

Ali
Old 03-26-2001, 08:50 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

hey ali - sadly the clocks went forward. so we lost an hour's sleep. but at least the night's are lighter now!
good luck for your missions over the next 5 weeks - you can do it! where is everyone else?!

k
Old 03-26-2001, 09:09 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone. Why is it that Monday rolls around so fast????

Well, I stayed up last night watching the Oscars, which I never do, and sadly enough I haven't seen any of the movies nominated for best picture. But I enjoyed seeing it anyway! I do need to go see the movie "Traffic" and "Gladiator" my brother told me they are terrific.

I must be out of the celebrity loop, but, this Russell Crowe is hot! Julia Roberts was hilarious accepting her award, I bet she is fun!

Anyway,

Kirsty ~ I can't wait to see your pics, I love seeing before/after pics of people. It shows you have accomplished so much!!

Ali ~ Way to keep your goals in line! It is really hard sometimes to keep the pidaly stuff out of the way!

I wish I could get thru all of the weekend posts, but I don't know if I can, Mondays are usually busy for me, and I never get the opportunity to log on on the weekend at home.

My DH is working nights again this week, so I am "Super Single Mom" this week. I wish it would get warmer out, then I could take the kids to the park after work. At least it is sunny out!

As far as eating, I did o.k. this weekend, but am hitting it hard again today and this week. I had WI on Sat morning (and hadn't been there for 3 weeks, and two weeks ago, had fallen off the wagon for a while) so I am happy to report that I stayed the same! WHoo, Hoo!!

I still have 3 pounds I need to shed, but I am taking it slowly, and hopefully those nasty extra pounds will fall off before summer.

My goals for the week are as follows:

1. Drink 80 oz. of water daily.

2. Eat low-mid range for points.

3. Journal!!!

4. Walk/weights each day this week (M-F)

Well, better get back to work, I will check in later!

Last edited by TonyaLyn; 03-26-2001 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2001, 09:11 AM   #6  

Default Good morning all!

Hi everyone. Well it's Monday already. I didn't do a lot this weekend but I still wish I had more time off. I lost 1.8 at WI on Friday but negated that all weekend. I te too much on Sautrday (mexican for lunch and party that night) and then Sunday we went out for Chinese buffet. I didn't picke bad things but still think I ate too much. I really have trouble guessing the points from it but I will try. I think it is too late to count Saturday. So today, I am back on track and will go to the gym everyday. I have got to lose this weight! I am driving myself cray and feelin very negative. I am so ready to get to goal, or even get back below 160 again. anyway, right now I want to lose 2 weeks in a row, that might help me keep going.

I did have a realxing weekend. I hope eveyrone enjoyed hers. We rented the movie Remember the Titans, about a high school football team. It is a true story about the public high school where I grew up( thought I didn't go there). Excellent movie, I definitely recommend it. I did some work around the house, volunteered at a Rummage Sale, sorting clothes and saw frends. Yesterday I was kind of lazy and went to bed at 10:30, it was great! I feel pretty rested today. I didn't feel ike staying up for the Oscars this year.

Ali - Congratulations on making some great goals. I think those are the same as mine. I wish I were as close to goal and graduating as you were but hopefully I will only be a few months behind.

Kirsty - I hope you have recovered from your food incident from yesterday. That is no fun!

I'll be back later to check in with everyone else. Have a great day!

Sarah
194,4.164.6/153WW
Old 03-26-2001, 09:39 AM   #7  
Parrothead

Default Hello everyone!

Hi all! I'm with all of you and can't believe it's monday already. It seems like the older I get, the faster the weekends go by. Way to go Sarah for the 1.8 loss! Don't worry about the slip on the weekends, That has happened to me a lot and if I get back on track it all works out.
Tonya~That is great that you stayed the same. It shows that you really have a handle on the program and you'll be able to maintain at your final weight.
Ali~Your goals sound excellent. I have full confidence that you'll meet them both. You have already come so far with your loss!
Kirsty~Hi there! Good job on staying OP this weekend.

My weekend was pretty good OP. I did have Taco Bell on Friday, but I was still in points. Me and DH went to my cousin's lake house and spent Saturday afternoon there. It was really cold, so we couldn't go boating, but it was still relaxing. Yesterday we met FIL in a near by town for lunch. It was at a BBQ restaurant so I was kinda nervous. I ended up getting the smoked Turkey breast plate with a dry baked potato. It was so hard to turn down the brisket and potato salad, but in the end I felt better about my choice. I also worked out on Saturday morning!

Anyway...I hope everyone has a great day. Welcome any newbies that are joining us!

Question for all: Do you lose weight even if you stay at the top of your points? Do you lose more if you stay at the lower range? I have been maxing my points every week and have still had small losses, but I'm wondering if it would come off faster if I ate at the lower of my range. Just curious...
Kay
Old 03-26-2001, 09:44 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Default this sounds quite teachery - many apologies!

i wouldn't advise eating at the lower end of your range of points. you may find you start maintaining/putting weight on if you don't eat enough. it's a funny old world. i think lowering your points also puts you on a slippery slope where you are in danger of not eating at all or doing silly things to lose weight. this is a lifestyle change, so what you do now is going to be pretty much how you live the rest of your life. and i'm sure you don't want to be on low points forever...
just remember, gradual weight loss is more likely to be permanent. if you want to see a faster weight loss then do more exercise, but not too much (or you'll be arthritic before you know it!).
hope that helps and didn't sound too patronising or whatever,
kirsty
Old 03-26-2001, 10:02 AM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default Good morning girls!

Kirsty - I hope you're feeling better

Ali - Great mission statement. Why are guys always messing up our minds?

Tonya - it must be so awesome for you to be so close to goal. I love the way you posts your goals for the week... it's like a public affirmation and prob helps you keep them.

Sarah... congrat's on the 1.8 loss. I had an "over" weekend too. I posted about this yesterday... but I think i'm going to go into it again.

I was over by 15 POINTS on Friday. How bad does that suck? It was two dinner rolls and alcohol that did me in. So I was absolutley bummed about that. So I did double time at the gym on Saturday and went yesterday too (four times total this week). And prob not a good thing... but I ate below my min on Saturday also.

I won't get in the habbit of that - promise. I just was so bummed about Friday that I only had 20 points on Saturday (4 under my min). And I could totally tell that it wasn't enough. I was so tired I fell asleep by like 10 (I was supposed to meet friends out at 10 - whoops).

I'm still looking forward to WI today. If I lose 2 pounds this week, then I'll have reached my 10% - YEAH! But if i don't reach it this week - I know I'll reach it next week! I really can't wait!

Well, I weigh in in two hours!!!!! WIsh me luck. I sure I hope I get to 10% - I'll write back with a full report!

Tilley
Old 03-26-2001, 10:12 AM   #10  
Go Avalanche!!

Default I'm back?

Hey gals. My weekend was awful. I was in bed from when I went home Thursday until yesterday. It's just a bad cold/infection on top of seasonal allergies and there's really nothing the doctors can do. I was actually feeling normal yesterday but now that I have to be back at work I'm feeling worse again. It was beautiful last week and when I got up this morning there was about 5-6 inches of snow. I know the weather has something to do with my headache. It's killing me! I know I said I would go to WI Thursday no matter how awful I felt, but that didn't happen. I am going Wednesday and I've been pretty much OP even with being sick so I'm proud of myself. Had some weakness where the GS cookies were concerned, but I'm going to try to stay mid-range on points. I know I've probably missed a lot and I'll try to catch up but it may take me a couple of days.

"Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." -- Oscar Wilde
Old 03-26-2001, 10:13 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Continueing b/f saga....sad, but true.

Well, another confusing b/f weekend!!!

Went home Friday and did my thing. Saturday we had plans and he ended up not sure what he wanted to do - so we went to see Miss Congeniality adn then went and rented some video games and hung out at home. Sunday we got up at 9 and left the house by 9:45 and he was freaking out b/c we take too long to get out of the house on the weekend....(?)

So we went to the garden centre to get some pots and were going to go rollerblading after.....which I was looking really forward to. got home, and the ex called. She talked to him about work and then he said, well, Belle is making me lunch gotta go and she talked for a bit and he said "no, I can't open your emails, but sometimes when Belle sends me attachements I can't open them either". And then they hung up. I didn't mention it, I thought that was semi successful of me. And then he said how Sunday night he thought I could go home cuz he had to apply for a job in Halifax. Well, I am so PMSING and I started to cry - the ex lives in Halifax, as you may recall. So he said, it had nothing to do with her and just sort of left me there crying. And then a bit later he asked if I wanted to go rollerblading or something else and I said I was going home and packing and he said, no, he really wanted to see me. So he suggested going to Ikea to get some things for my place.

Then he proceeded to tell me that he only wants to see me 1-2x/week and weekends so our relationship can be better b/c he gets too grumpy when we are together too often.

Of course, I was holding back the tears, and then he turned into this weird sucky kissy thing, and asked me what I wanted to share about the relationship and I told him. I told him I thought he didn't want to hold my hand inpublic, that he never knows what he wants with me, stay - no go - no stay, that he makes me feel bad about myself and rarely says anything GOOD about the relationship and us and that he should make up his mind how often he wants to see me, and when I say, no I should go and give you room, then he should LET me do that. He was quiet, didn't say much, just more hugs.

In Ikea, he held my hand.

And after, we watched the Oscars for a bit and at 7 I got up to go and he said, lets watch the Princess Bride. And I said, no, you want to apply for that job, its getting late. ANd he said, I just want to watch this with you. So he made me some (light) hot chocolate and cuddled me on the couch and you know at the end when they say there are 5 top kisses in the world and this kiss surpassed them all?

Well, that is when he kissed me - this wonderful, long, meaningful kiss, he held my hand hand and was clearly trying to make it special. and then he told me he didn't mean to hurt my feelings, that he loved being withme and loved my sense of humour and that I was a pretty girl. and he walked me to my car.

Anyway, I don't know what to make of any of it except he obviously did need to hear where I was coming from I guess.

I have some serious packing to do this week (YUCK!!!!!)

I thought Julia Roberts looked awesome last night......and I saw that Javier guy - what a cutie!!!

Well, I gotta mosey, I will respond later and sorry for the LONG email.....

Belle
Old 03-26-2001, 10:51 AM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Hello everyone

Well, I stayed the same again at weigh in. That made me so mad as I have been so on program that last few weeks and I have not lost anything. However, I know I am retaining water so that is the issue. It is just a momentary mad.

You all will have to forgive me. I have been in such a funk lately with this entire "trying to get pregnant" agian thing. I am sorry if this is TMI, but my TOM is all messed-up. That is making me really mad because I feel like if I am not on a normal cycle, I will never know when I am ovulating etc. Anyway, it just makes me cry and cry. My hubby thinks I am nuts. He is right to say that between 4 years on the pill, then the pregnanc, then all that happened the last few months it will take a while to even out. Well, that is fine and good but I want to get pregnant again soon. Anyway, I know this is TMI, but I really needed to get it out. I am going to the DR today. He wanted to look at the fibrods on my uterous to see how big they are when I am not pregnant. They were just borderline when I was. I am not sure what all this means. I guess he will tell me more today.

I am sorry girls, but I just want to sit down and cry. Why does this all have to be so hard. AHHH! And to top it all off, I just know the Dr is going to say something about the 20# I gained since December.

Anyway, I am so sorry I keep dumping all this heavy stuff on all of you. I just don't know who to talk to about it all. My hubby is so sick of it all. He says he just wants his wife back. I know he is right, but I feel so broken right now as a woman. It is like everything I am is tied-up in all of this. What makes me so angry is that I have no way to control this nor is there some action that I can just take and be done with it.

Well, anyway, I guess that is enough about sad old me. Good job to people for acheiving their goals this weekend.

Belle: I think it is great that you were able to tell BF what you have been feeling. I also think it is nice that your BF wanted to communicate like that. That is a rare thing.

Brenda: I hope you feel better soon.

Kirsty: I hope you feel better too.

Tilley: Don't worry about the points over. Getting back on track is the best way to go.

Kay: I also think that you should eat the most food you can while still losing weight. Some I know can eat over their points and do this (to be that lucky). I think it has a lot to do with how active a person is, motabolisum, age, and BMI etc. Anyway, I think it is different for all and you need to see what works best for you. I would rather lose slowly and keep it off than drop a bunch fast but never be able to eat again to keep it off.

Sarah: Congrats on the 1.8 gone!

Tonya: I was up late with the Oscars, too. I was happy that hubby and I won our Oscar pick game. I also had not seen many of the movies however. We never seem to get many of the good movies here and I just have to watch them on DVD.

Ali: I think you are so right to work on those two things and de-stress your life. The rest will come. I should take my own advice.

Ok, see you all soon.
Trish
193.2/187/145
5'10"
Old 03-26-2001, 11:00 AM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default GO AVS!

An aside (sorry I couldn't control myself)

BRENDA!!! OMG!

I love the Avs! I went to Boston University and Chris Drury was a god there. Best player to come through Boston University. I lived in his dorm junoir year and once watched a movie in his room. So ever since he graduated I've been a HUGE Avs Fan.

Joe Sakic is my favorite non-BU-grad hockey player ever. He's the best - no arguement. He does everything with ease and class.

I went to the Bruins/Avs game Saturday, and I'm telling you I got all choked up over Bourque's return. it was so emotional. With about a minute left the whole crowd started chanting "Ray, Ray, Ray."

They so need to win the cup.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad.

Sorry girls about the non-related post... I just couldn't control myself.

Belle... this guy has no idea what he's got in front of him. But I think he may be starting to realize it. Good for you for telling him how you felt. Maybe he realized that he could lose you. It sounds like he's coming around. Guys don't always know what's going on... once we clue them in, they seem to come around. GOOD LUCK!

Lisa
Old 03-26-2001, 11:04 AM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

trish, we must have posted at the same time.

It's not TMI - that's what we're here for. I'm praying for you. It will happen. Just hang in there!

Tilley
Old 03-26-2001, 11:11 AM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Just another Manic Monday...

Whoa, whoa (completing song)
I am so ready to go home and organize my life. Forget about work!!
Things are really busy here and I feel like I've been ignoring everyone here! I'm super duper sorry and really don't mean to! I need for my supervisors to go on vacation so all I have time for is posting! Hee hee
This weekend was uneventful except we took an impromptu road trip to Tulsa and bought lots of new clothes at Kohl's! I don't care what the scale says tomorrow at WI b/c I was totally happy with how the clothes fit!
Trish: I'm praying for you and your husband!
Brenda: I know where you're coming from! My allergies were so awful last week and the weather was beautiful!
We had temps in the 30's and lower 40's all weekend long! We even had snow flurries this morning. Nothing big, though.
Kirsty: I just love Bridget Jones!! I'm on the second one, now. I think it would be a blast to live in London!
Well, got to go now and get back to work, smoke break is almost over.
Hello to everyone I missed and have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread