Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 09:34 AM   #1  
Net browser

Angry

Hi Everybody
I was up early this morning and read the new posts and now I have to go and work on this body of mine to look my "usual wonderful self". Ahhh....I don't think I will be getting a webcam. LOL
See you all later today. Lily hee hee "maybe" that is me this morning at the computer.

Last edited by slavika; 03-24-2001 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2001, 04:27 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: I wont be getting a web cam either! Specially not for morning!

Ann: I added you to the members list! Glad you found your way there.

Gonna go play out in the yard today. Its beautiful out. But there is lots of weeds to pull.
Old 03-24-2001, 10:20 PM   #3  
Senior Chick

Happy Saturday (or Sunday)!

I am still not getting everything right with this but want to keep in touch so at least I can send short messages.

Welcome Ann - this is a great group of women. I am in the midst of reading the first Left Behind book and really enjoying it. I guess I have some catching up to do.

At WI I stayed the same this week.

Margot
Old 03-25-2001, 02:33 AM   #4  
Justa Wannabe

hahaha Man I can't keep up with y'all...I had the entire message written out (below) and when it went back to the page, that's when I noticed the little message of "we're on 104 now" so I highlighted the message so I wouldn't have to write it again....then I clicked delete this and POOF...the entire page disappeared! hahaha I quit!!!

Lizziepie Here's the address to a slew of low-fat recipes
http://www.floras-hideout.com/recipe...fat/index.html

Trudy that bread sounds wonderful...Would you share the recipe with me? I have a bread maker but don't use it cause I don't have many recipes with it and I had heard to stay away from bread...so I did. It's that or go to the heavy wheat bread which I'm not crazy about

My hubby got me a zip drive for my birthday and was so pleased with himself he couldn't wait till Monday to give it to me....hahaha gotta love the guy!
So then my youngest (13) daughter gave me her present which was a teenie bear that said "I Love You" I wonder when my kids will quit buying me "TOYS"!... I can always count on one of them getting me a beanie baby or something I can't use ....but what can ya do?

My scale is a week old today and I've been 'scared to step on it hahaha...

Who is the fly lady you have mentioned?

I hope those of you who had trouble were able to get to the web page with no trouble. I do notice when it gives me an error that if I click "reload" it usually comes in okay....but I dunno!

See you all and have a great Sunday
Old 03-25-2001, 02:27 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all from beautiful sunny and 'very dry' Florida. We need rain badly. The worst drought in 100 years.
Slavika- Are you from Western or Eastern Canada. Before we came to Fl. we lived right on the border, not far from Kingston. We were on the St. Lawrence River. A beautiful spot, but we have given up on winter snow and cold.

Margo- Once you get started on the series of Left Behind books you won't be able to stop. I can hardly wait for the new one to come out. They have opened up the book of Revelation for me in ways I had never dreamed of.

Lily- Thanks for the help and putting my name on the list. Maybe I can find my way there again with a recipe or two.

Are any of you quilters?

Next week I have to 'bite the bullet' and go and weigh in. I hope I'll be back close to my goal. I've got three lbs. to go to get there. Why is it so hard to stay at goal once you finally get there? Anyone have the secret formula?

Are those great attached images from 3fatchicks, or do you have them available from you own computers?

Bye for now. Ann
Old 03-25-2001, 06:52 PM   #6  

g'day all,

Beautiful day here in Sydney (Monday 9.30 am) after a very miserable weekend.
Nothing seemed to have gone right this weekend, dh lost is American Express Card, was locked out of his office (the request to give him 24 hour access was not updated), I won't go on but it can only improve!
Computer is playing up so now dh thinks we should get a 'super-duper' laptop and sell my current laptop and home computer. He has a fairly expensive Del which the company supplied as it is his virtual office wherever he is, he now thinks we should go for something silmilar with a docking station. Who knows, as long as I have access to the net I am happy
We are booked to go to Melbourne next Monday for a week, so that will be good.
Greeneyez thanks for the low fat recipe link, looks good! Sounds like you must have had a recent birthday, happy birthday Who would have thought 25 years ago that to receive a 'zip drive' is a great present!
Ann what are the 'Left behind' books about??? Sounds interesting.
Margot good for you staying the same at wi. I am having a bit of a battle, lost 3 pounds and have gained 4 The last time we went out to dinner I ordered grilled snapper and salad. I was quite pleased with myself resisting temptation to order something more decadent. When the grilled snapper arrived it was beautifully served up in a bath of hollandaise sauce!!! I did scrape some of it off but it was delicious
Anyway back to the drawing board this week.
Webcam not working, I really haven't got enough memory, another reason to upgrade so dh says.
Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
By the way Ann, I love all craft work and have tried my hand at quilting though nothing major.
Old 03-26-2001, 01:13 AM   #7  
Justa Wannabe

Lizziepie I've quilted for a number of years. I don't anymore cause it got too expensive but I've sold several and made one for hubby in secret. Man that was hard to do but to this day it's one of his favorite gifts.

My animations I got by surfin' and stealin' from the pages that would let me

I was tickled to see I've lost 5 lbs this week. I didn't believe it but hubby said I did and that the scale is working right....wow. I am not doing much differently except cut sweets and eating more WW frozen dinners with a salad.

Thank you for the birthday wishes flaggies It's tomorrow (Monday 26th)

I'm anxiously awaiting that bread recipe ...Yum!
Old 03-26-2001, 08:52 AM   #8  
Net browser

Good Morning Everybody

Happy Birthday GREENEYEZ
Is a "zipdrive" like a "burner"? I think you can download music and info onto zipdrive (CD's). This inquiring mind would like to know. Please.
I hope you have a wonderful day in celebration of your birthday. Congrats also on the great weight loss.... 5# is a wonderful loss.
LIZZIEPIE I made a hand quilted "wall hanging" some time ago about the size of a large crib quilt. It was a "two storey house". The quilt was a like a doll house with a sofa, bed, curtains etc. It even had a garage and car. It turned out very nice and I enjoyed making it at the time. Last year TRUDY and I each made a lovely Christmas Tree Skirt. We machine quilted it with gold metallic thread. We were both very pleased with our efforts.
MARGOT hi there, nice to see you again. Staying the same once in awhile is ok....I stayed the same last week too. It's funny when I was going to WW I thought well I'm sure I didn't do too well during the week and if I managed to stay the same, that would please me. Then I get on the scale and I'm disappointed that I didn't lose.
MARIA maybe if you are going to continue to bounce around from place to place you should treat yourself to a really nice new laptop. When my DH retires and we go away more I think I would like a lap top too.
My grandson's team was in the hockey finals yesterday and of course we went to the game. All the little munchkins skated their hearts out but my little guys team lost 2-1. For second place they still got these big medals (looks like an olympic medal) which he told me he was sure it was made of "gold". I of course agreed with him.
Time for me to get going on the treadmill...see you all later.

Last edited by slavika; 03-26-2001 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-26-2001, 11:55 AM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Greeneyez: Happy Birthday! You had a great loss to!

Maria: Oh my. You didnt have to good of a weekend. Lucky you a new laptop will be nice!

Ann: Im not a quilter. I have never been good at making anything. I have helped make one before. But thats about it for me.

Slavika: A Zip drive is basically the same as a CD burner only it is on your computer. You can put stuff on to it. Oh boy they got Gold Medals! Bet the game was fun to watch.

Margot: Staying the same is good. Your doing so well I wouldnt even think about it. It is a disappointment when you dont, but next week you could have a big loss to make up for it!
Old 03-26-2001, 01:51 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Greeneyes- A big Happy Birthday. Have a great celebration.
Staying the same is good. What is driving me nuttsy is the going up and down, up and down with the same two or three pounds. Short of 'starvation' I'm not sure how to handle it. What does anyone suggest? Anyone been having the same struggle?

Right now I'm working on a Queen Size quilt for our bedroom. It is about 3/4 quilted, but I developed an ache in my shoulder, so I've had to put it to rest for a while. I've only been quilting for a couple of years. As a kid, my mother tried to teach me and gave up in despair. Now I'm really enjoying it.

Slavika- Where in Canada do you come from?

Flaggies- The 'Left Behind' series deal with the people who are left behind, after the Rapture, when Jesus comes back and takes his church home. They are really fictional accounts of the Book of Revelation. They have all the intrigue and excitement anyone could want. There are 8 books,and number 9 will be out this summer. Can't wait.

Have a good week, and less of each one of us. Ann
Old 03-26-2001, 03:45 PM   #11  
Super Surfer

Default Hi... How's everyone doing? :wave:

Greeneyez Let me know what you think of the recipe for the bread. That Floras Hideout looks good. I can read recipes all day and never tire of it. 5lb loss is really great. You must be so pleased with yourself. Happy Birthday
Ann I keep on losing the same 3 lbs too. This has been going on since Dec. I get to goal, then I gain, then I lose, then I gain... you get the picture. I wish someone could help the both of us. Maybe Karen can give us a pointer when she gets back from her vacation.
Lily do you mean with a zip drive I could make CD's on my 'puter? You have to remember that I have only had my PC since last April, I have so much to learn.
Margot You have done so wonderfully with WW, don't get upset with staying the same once in a while. We look forward to your posts and updates.
Maria Sounds like you had a frustrating weekend. I have come across that problem eating out in restaurants. You are confident in the order and then it comes bathed is sauce or obviously cooked with oil.
Slavika Your GS must be so proud of his "Gold Medal". Now when does he start Soccer? Guess I will see you tomorrow, for the good, the bad and the ugly? It's Weigh In day for us...

Be sure to watch Rosie today, her guest is Fergie and they talk about WW. Maybe we can pick up some tips from Fergie, Rosie is just getting started at WW. I have a hard time identifing with Fergie, but I do like her.

Hope y'all are having a great day.
Old 03-26-2001, 05:03 PM   #12  
Fun Blonde

AHA! When the thread is short, I have no problem accessing it. I left a message on the previous one to Lily, asking where the Edit Options are so that I can make the page only have 10 replies on it. Anyway, I had worked so hard on that page, just so I could catch up, that I forgot it was the old thread and replied to it. Lily, by the way, I found it.

We had the most beautiful springday on Friday. Gorgeous weather! Daffodills everywhere! About 5 in the afternoon, the wind changed and it has been awfully, awfully cold ever since. I know spring will arrive, but we are SO READY! And we just keep seeing glimpses.

What a weekend! We did nothing but sleep, go to the movies, church, and eat. I have got to find a hobby before retirement! Another day of that and I would have been running around with little men in white chasing me with nets.

I have had the saddest news. A childhood friend of mine is dying, after having colon cancer. She is not dying of the cancer but of the surgery that was botched. They did a colostomy and did it bad so that for a year she has been poisoned by a leak and when they found it out, she was too weak to have it repaired. So sad! She is actually cancer-free. Hope there is some kind of lawsuit, not for the money, but so that will never happen again.

Lizziepie, so good to welcome you. Lots of talk, good recipes, etc. Everything you need to "get with the program."
Glenda
Old 03-26-2001, 06:15 PM   #13  

Hi all, Happy Birthday Greeneyez. Hope your day is great. Mine has been wierd. My computer page wouldn't load and my e-mail to my sister keeps coming back saying she doesn't like me any more. We can't figure it out. Need Lily to make a house call. My e-mail chapter a day has a good book this week. It's about women who "meet" on the internet at a breast cancer site. It sounds good. If anyone wants to read it I will e-mail it to you. Finally got out today and walked today even though it was cold. Felt good. Slavika I saw a foam stamp that said Princess in Michaels the other day. I thought of you and the real "Princess". [b]Ann]/b] I played at quilting and taken a few lessons but that's about all. I did make a quilted jacket a few years ago. It looks shaggy now. Have to go now and see if my sister really doesn't like me. Peggy
Old 03-26-2001, 08:11 PM   #14  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

TRUDY What a cute avatar. I'm telling you with weigh in tomorrow it's going to be "UGLY"
maybe I won't go since I have gone this month. Let's see. Hmmm, the first time I went this month I was down l#. The second time I went, I stayed the same...ah why break a winning streak. hee hee.
I'll wait and see what tomorrow morning "bringiths".
Ok, ok, LILY I know that's not a word but it sounds like one. You see LIZZIEPIE you are not the only one on this board that recycles the same few lbs over and over again. ALAS there are a couple of us.
PEGGY thank you for mentioning the "Princess" stamp at Michaels. Next time I go I'll check and see if ours has it. I don't know exactly what I need it for but I'm sure I could find something to stamp on.
I told one of my friends today that I spent an enormous amount of time doing not very much. One thing I did was made the "Apple Cinnamon Tart" from the "floras-hideout Recipe site" for our Tea Time tomorrow. If any of you go to that recipe site and want to try the recipe be sure to use a "tart type pie plate" or a very deep pie plate. It looks good but I didn't taste it yet.
I might have to do that tonight to make sure ok to serve to my friends tomorrow.
Have a nice evening everybody.
A LITTLE LATER:
GLENDA somehow I missed your post. I'm sorry about your friend. How sad that she should beat the cancer but now this.
TRUDY I watched my tape of the "Rosie" show and I thought that Fergie came across very nice and friendly and was a good sport. Rosie seems to know the points pretty good too. I guess if you have been on a million diets you gain knowledge even if you don't always lose weight.
Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 03-26-2001 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2001, 09:33 PM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: No A Zip drive is totally different. You can place things on the zip drive to keep.
A CD Burner, you can make from files that are on your computer to store them on the CD away from the computer. They both store files. Just the zip drive remains on the computer where with a CD you remove it and place elsewhere. Does that make sence?
Missed fergie. I was gonna tape it and then forgot. ALAS

Glenda: So sorry to hear about your friend. Thats very sad news. Glad you figured out the shorter pages. Does make it easier to load.

Slavika: Huh? What word? What Id miss? ALAS Im lost. Thats you down there cooking by the way. (image I attached)

Peggy: Sounds like maybe your sisters email is down. Its not finding the address to deliver it sounds like to me.

Ann: Try to vary your points everyday. That helped me when I was stuck. Like go: low then mid then low then mid range.
Closed Thread