Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 04:01 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Angry

Don't tell me that another month is almost gone!!!! I don't want to hear that. At the first of March I promised myself that I'd get back to exercising every day. I've done a little each week but not what I wanted. These thighs don't look much better now.

We have a new member on the Weigh In thread--Jules. Welcome, Jules.

I'm off this evening to a Ladies Retreat with my church. 40 of us will hold up at a fancy hotel in town until tomorrow afternoon. This is my first time. I've heard that it's fun. I have my ice chest filled with diet drinks and boxes of juice. My roommate is taking fruit.

How are the painters doing? We are still getting the crown molding up in the sunroom. Sunday afternoon, we'll probably put up the first coat of paint.

Jill, again, your chapel photo is outstandingly beautiful. When do we get our invitations?

Tina
134 personal goal.
Old 03-23-2001, 08:12 PM   #2  
Susan

Time seems to fly by these days! I remember being a kid and thinking it stood still. I seem to grow older by the second

Tina - the retreat sounds like fun. Go and have a good time. Come back and tell us all about it. Taking diet drinks and fruit is a good idea.

Jules - once again, welcome to the group.

Jill - I agree with Tina on the chapel. It is absolutely beautiful.

Ok, it is true confession time! I have eaten everything in sight. I'm only over on my points by 15 (that I can count.) I had 10 banked but it still doesn't help when you have eaten over them. I'll be very careful and try to drink lots of water. It's bad to start the new WW week off on the right foot. I'm afraid that I'll keep wandering off track.

Susan
Old 03-24-2001, 06:25 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

I am so tired and don't want or need to eat again until maybe Monday. The retreat was great. There were 40 of us. There was lots of singing, sharing our ideas, getting to know each other -- and then there was the food.

Wow!!! This hotel provided a snack last night of pretzels, cookies and drinks. I was good and stayed with my diet cola and pretzels. The breakfast was fruit, croissants, & sweet rolls. I took one croissant and lots of fruit. The morning snack was more fruit and granola bars. Lunch was the stopper--3 salads, cold cuts, tortilla soup and cheesecake, chocolate pudding cake and a green cake that no one knew what it was.
The afternoon snack was chips and chili con queso and brownies w/icing.
I am stuffed......points were not counted today.

Susan, do not worry about falling off track because of a bad day. That's what WW teaches us. This is a lifetime thing. We aren't supposed to feel like this is a diet. We can do this!!!!!

Tina
Old 03-25-2001, 04:12 PM   #4  

Hi all! I haven't been able to logon here at times, and other times I've been just to busy to do anything. I just caught up on all of your messages. I want an invitation to someone's wedding because I want to see the chapel in person. What a beautiful place!!!

Bob's real estate stuff is getting busy. I don't know how many houses he has shown in the past week. He is showing more on Monday. There are a couple offers and he is waiting to hear back from another agent or the loan guy. (not the lone ranger!) Hope they stay busy, and he hope that first sale comes very soon.

We just got our tax things back and found out how much we have to pay in for last year. Bob didn't earn anything, but he withdrew $ from the retirement account where he used to work. OUCH!!!! We were expecting $10,000 to pay in, but it is "only" about $6,000. I figure we are saving $4,000 so we can take a very nice vacation , right????????? I'm not sure Bob sees my logic on that one. LOL

Tina, I am going on an Emmaeus Walk for church the end of April. It starts on Thursday night and ends on Sunday night. I'm not sure what all it involves, but I am getting a little nervous about going. I need to find someone to spill the beans on what happens. Everyone is so hush-hush about it.

I'll try to get in to post more often, even if it's just to say hello. Weight wise, I have not lost any. Not gaining either. Food? Eating like there is no tomorrow on some days. I need to stick with it. I go back to the doctor the end of April. I know I've lost since I was there last, but I'd like to be down even more.

Take care everybody. Have a super week!!!!! Tammy
Old 03-25-2001, 06:26 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon All,

Tammy, I am soooo happy to hear from you. You've been missed!!!!!
I sure hope Bob gets that first sale very soon. That'll really boost his self confidence.
I've never heard of an Emmaeus Walk. Do you really "walk"? Tell us more when you find out.

How's everyone doing?

Kimmy-jo, is your little one doing okay now?
Addey, how's the new job?

Maureen & Essie, I know y'all are out there.
Old 03-25-2001, 09:29 PM   #6  
Susan

Hello,

Hope everyone had a good day and is doing ok.

Tina, I'm glad you had a good time on your Retreat. It sounds like you did good with your food. I have a weakness for chips and queso. I would have been happy as a clam. By the way it sounds they didn't want ya'll to starve I went to a lock in high school and loved it. (That was many years agao.)

Tammy, I like your logic on the taxes. It sound like something I would say. Hope Bob sales that house!! I've never heard of that kind of walk. I'll have to ask around to see if anyone knows what happens.

I didn't beat myself up about my "eat a thon" I just started the next day fresh. I'm trying to eat at the low end of my range. I haven't said anything about WW to my husband, because I don't want additional pressure. However, I had to point out my jeans to him today. The seat are beginning to get a little baggy. I'll be glad when I go down a size.

Not much new here. Worked in the garden again this afternoon. Now just have to wait until everything grows.

Susan
Old 03-26-2001, 03:39 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon Greetings,
It was cold here this morning--well, cold for us 41 degrees. Hey, I thought it was Spring. It is beautiful this zfternoon and I'm getting ready for a walk. I have saved so many points for supper.
I had 1/2 c. of whole wheat Chex with 1 glass of skim miilk this morning. For lunch, I just had a carton of yogurt. We are having lunch staff meetings each Monday now with the new minister. There's no way I can eat anything while conducting that meeting. Yogurt went down fast so I'll do it again next week.
Now for supper (can you tell that I'm getting hungry?), I got some chicken breasts to grill and a box of whole wheat bread machine mix. Okay, I'm now soooo hungry that I'd better go get some water. he..he..

How's it going with everyone else today?

Tina
Old 03-27-2001, 06:42 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi All,

Tina, it looks like we are it. Where did everyone go?

Your dinner last night sounded good. I was real excited last night because I thought I had quite a few points left. Only to find out that my chicken bisquit from Chick Fila had 11.5 points. I thought it was only 6. Go figure.!! I had to modifiy my dinner drastically.

Today wasn't a good day. I was awake for the day at 3am. Now remember, I teach. I'm the special ed. lead and this is an extremely busy time of year. My mind was wandering and racing. Being exhausted, I have eaten a little off. I'm afraid to do my points, might have to have the veggie soup for dinner tonight.

Hope you've had a good day. It's cold and rainy here. What about you?

Susan
Old 03-27-2001, 09:16 PM   #9  

Tina, the Emmaeus Walk is not a real walk. More of a spiritual walk I guess. Everyone that I've talked to says that I will come back a different person. Wonder if that's a good or a bad thing?? I'm excited about it, but very nervous. I've always been afraid of the unknown. I have a few weeks to get over my fear before I go. It is April 26-29. I know of at least one more woman from church who will be experiencing it for the first time. Our preacher's wife will be helping lead that weekend. She is also Tim's scout leader.

I've been pretty bad about exercising lately. Not sure what the problem is. Food is OK. Hoping for a loss this week.

Our music teacher and hubby (a 4th grade teacher at our school) had a message on their answering machine when they got home from school last night. The man gave his name, number, and said "we have a situation that you might be interested in." Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, they called the number. They are leaving for Florida in the morning to pick up a baby boy who was born on Sunday. They adopted a little boy 3 years ago, and now they are heading to get son #2!!!!!! I am so happy for them!

Take care all!!!
Old 03-27-2001, 09:53 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Good evening Susan and Tammy, and everyone else out there only reading!!!

Susan,
I know how you feel waking in the middle of the night and your mind going and not being able to stop it. With this new responsiblity at work (I am "the" secretary now & must train this guy secretary.), I wake up thinking about what I must do to get certain things done. One night recently, my husband was snoring big time and I was "thinking." I got about 4 hrs. sleep that night.
It's been raining here all afternoon - and - it's down to 45 degrees and falling. What happened to our Spring!!!!

Tammy - Don't get too worried about that walk. I'm sure you will enjoy the time.
I did not want to go on that retreat. Except for this message board -- I'm not one for sharing my feelings and ideas. It's just not me!!! I found that it was not really that kind of thing. Oh, there were two sharing times but you didn't have to participate. Congratulations to your music teacher & husband.

I haven't been good with food today. I'm also bloated. You know, I ate beneath my range yesterday and still felt like a big blob this morning. Go Figure!

Everyone please post! We need to stay together and support each other.
Tina
Old 03-28-2001, 10:57 AM   #11  
PartyAnimal&ComputerNerd

Thank you guys for the welcome to this group. I hope to be fairly active... I really want to have the motivation to lose this extra weight!

Hope everyone has a great week... and a good WI tomorrow. I am not really looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow. I have not exactly been good... but I haven't been terrible either... guess I will just have to wait and see . Good Luck everyone!

Jules
Old 03-28-2001, 06:51 PM   #12  
Dropping so I can TTC

Hey ladies-just peeking my head up from work. Boss is gone for the day so I am chilling. My Achilles has been bothering me so exercise has been limited to walking. I don’t like how I feel, I kinda feel flabby. I guess it is my PMS (TOM should be here tomorrow). I am expecting a gain. I will be ecstatic if I have a maintain or a loss.

We haven’t done our invites yet. We are trying to find a way to cut more costs. We are going to try to make our invites. I am also trying to choose bridesmaid dresses. We shoulda just eloped!

I am journaling and increasing water. I have been getting back on track faster now that I don’t feel like it is a diet. I was always feeling like I had to be perfect and felt like such a failure whenever I fell on my face (I am an unforgiving person). I am now feeling more in control…I do have my days though.

Tammy-I hope that bob gets that first sale. My mom is in real estate and it can be tough.
I just proofread Dave’s cover letter for him to send to Hewlett Packard to apply for a job. He has 4 jobs he is interested in so please cross your fingers. I am hoping he gets a job by May so he can move here!

Gotta head to my other job. I hope everyone is doing well! Hugs to ya
Old 03-28-2001, 07:52 PM   #13  
Susan

Helllllooooo everyone,

Hope all is doing well.

Jill, What can I say, except I feel like a beach whale. And just a tad moody... wonder what that could mean? I retain tons of water so I feel pretty bloated. I'm with girl! The wedding will be here before you know it. Everything will work out the way it's suppose too.

Tammy, congrats on your music teacher's new addition. How exciting!! Please tell us all abour your walk after you do it. It interesting.

Jules, this is a great group. Everyone is very supportive.

Tina, our weather seems to be the same. We must be in the same area or kinda close (for Texas.) Will the guy you are training be helping you or willl he go elsewhere?

Happy Weigh In
Susan
Old 03-28-2001, 10:22 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Evening All,
Boy, I envy everyone that has TOM because you have a good excuse to be bloated. I've had "the" surgery so I'm just bloated.!!!

Tammy--Is there any word on Bob's sale?

Jules, come in here more often.

Jill --- my boss leaves at noon tomorrow and won't be in Friday. Yea!!!! I can have some peace to do catch up.

Susan - the guy I'm training will be the afternoon secretary. That's right. We now have a male secretary. He doesn't have a problem with the term. He applied for the job. He's very good at computers. He just knows nothing about Microsoft Office & all that we do. He's learning quickly. But, I don't have to worry about him trying to take over my position.

I'm not thrilled about weigh in tomorrow.
See y'all then.
Tina
Old 03-29-2001, 10:26 PM   #15  
Susan

Evening all,

Hope everyone has had a good day. It's been busy at work and just a little stressful. Hope it starts to slow down soon.

I've gained this week and feeling like I'm getting out of control. I'm having a hard time controling my food. I've been using up most of my points by early in the day.

The only thing with being bloated is.... I can be bloated for at least a week. It seems like I also crave salt too. Bummer!!

Off to finish watching ER.....

Susan
Closed Thread