Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 09:17 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy The Whole Week Can't Be This Bad--Monday

This week is starting off a little rough for me... BBIAM to post.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:32 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Default A Bit of a Pity Party Here...

Good morning, everyone. Feeling pretty down today--Aaron and I got into a huge fight this morning. He was having this huge crisis and taking it out on me. Well, I really didn't appreciate him being a d%^$ to me, especially since his crisis was making me late for work, so I got mad and started yelling at him. The whole fiasco ended with me getting into my car and starting to drive off with my middle finger in the air. I made it about 10 feet before I felt bad, so I stopped the car and said "Do you want me to stick around until this is all resolved?" And he's like "No." Then I offered to let him use my cell phone to call the guy he had a meeting with and let him know he was going to be late. He's like "No, I'll just get there whenever." So, I go "I'm trying to make things right here, Aaron", got in my car and left. I didn't even make it 5 minutes away before I started bawling. I turned around and went back home, called work to let them know I was going to be late, and cried. He still hasn't even called to apologize... I guess he doesn't care like I thought he did.

OK, now I'm all sad and don't really feel like talking much... I'll probably stop in later, when this isn't on my mind so much.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:44 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Aw, Jess honey - sorry to hear that you guys got in a brawl - but good of you to go back and try to resolve it - there isn't anything worse than letting it brew all day at work! And that is what would have happened, so at least you made the effort!

On the other hand, if the other party isn't keen on budging, you are pretty much on your own.

I hope your day gets better! It really can't get much worse, and with any luck your day will improve exponentially. I look forward to hearing from you later today when you feel like talking sweetie!!

And to the challengers (including you of course Jess) - it's DAY 1 of the NEW YEARS CHALLENGE! Kier is going to get her day at the spa in Jan 2004, lemme tell ya! Anyone else feeling invigorated??
Old 11-10-2003, 10:08 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Girls!

Jess~ Sorry that your morning has started off so wonderfully Dont think that he doesn't care. He just processes things differently. He may just have a different fighting style. I know that I hate to fall asleep irritated with DH or leave for work or whatever but he is fine with it. So let him fester and I am sure you will work things out. Typically DH ends up apologizing

Belle~ Good morning! I too am ready for the challenge although I guess I need to figure out my goals. Hmmm maybe I am not so ready!

I propose that we start a new thread for the challenge that just lists each individuals goals and what their treat will be. What do you guys think????

Jess and Angie (MY Partners) We can do this !!!!!!! Alright I will BBL.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Oh Jess *hugs* Don't you hate starting the day with a fight? That's the time of day when Drew and I are most likely to get into it because he is very crabby in the mornings. Maybe Aaron just didn't get enough sleep and kind of lost his head there.

On the up side, you know that you did all you could and that now the burden's on his shoulders...who knows, maybe you'll even get flowers out of this!

Belle, you've got me all jazzed up now about that challenge. Of course, I'm not going to do a weight loss one, so I have to figure out something else to do. Can't really be exercise -- I'm banned from that. Hmmm...help me out here guys!

Becky, I agree with your suggestion of the new thread. And you, too have me all jazzed up about this challenge. Now if only I could come up with a goal...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Default Feeling A Little Better...

Hello, again, everyone. OK, I think I'm done feeling sorry for myself now. I dug right into all the work I have to do here and kind of pushed it from my mind. It was especially helpful that today is just FLYING past. Then I came here and saw all the sympathetic posts and felt so much better knowing that you guys care, too. Thank you all for being so helpful and supportive--it means so much to know that you all care and that you're such good friends.

Belle--I'm totally ready for the challenge, except I'm not sure what I'm going to make my goals be... Better get to work on that, hadn't I?

Becky--My partner, you sound just like me with your goals. I'm not sure what I'm going to make my goals--whether they'll be weight loss or what. I better start moving on those, hadn't I?

Jayne--Maybe you could make your goals something that includes what WW teaches--portion control (as much as you can when eating for two people), good wholesome choices, plenty of fruits and veggies, etc.??

OK, I'm going to figure out my goals and go post on the challenge thread.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:27 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ I know you havne't been here yet today but I had to tell you that I did work out with you on Friday. I just didn't have time to post
Old 11-10-2003, 11:36 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - what a crappy start to your day. Glad to hear though that you are feeling a bit better about it. Sometimes people just need a little time to cool off after a disagreement. I'm sure Aaron will be ready to talk things out tonight.

Belle - I needed your enthusiasm today! Thanks for being our cheerleader. Glad to know that the Dr. was able to give you meds to feel better.

Becky - it's just the opposite in my house. CB hates it if we go to bed irritated with each other or leave for work on two different wavelengths. I've got no problem with it though.

Jayne - I think Jess had a good suggestion. Why not make your goal something that will benefit you & the baby? Making sure you get your calcium everyday or drink x oz's of water would be good ones. Think up something FAST - I want my pedicure.

Well, went to WW Friday and skipped WI. Liked the leader though. Too bad it is at an inconvenient time and place to make it my weekly meeting. I'm going again tonight to get on the scale. My not counting points needs to be over and I need to have a jumping off point. I think the scale will show a gain but that it will mostly be fluff. I've been terrible about drinking water and feel all puffy.

BBL.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:48 PM   #9  

Hey Girls!!

Long time no post, I know. I haven't even had a chance to look at the old threads - I have been busy at work and moved into a temporary place with roommates, so I don't have much access to the internet at home now. Anyway, I came over the the site to lookup something and realized that I really missed it! I am starting today on losing weight AGAIN Something has to be done because it seems like all of a sudden things crept up on me. I am not fitting into my clothes, my body looks TERRIBLE, etc. I think I've put on 10 lbs in the last month or two. Totally my fault, I've been eating mini candy bars like they're going out of style lately. My boss keeps a drawer full of them and I seriously eat probably enough to gain a pound in 2 days.

I've done well so far today (a whopping 6 hours OP ). I had yougurt with Fiber One mixed in for breakfast and then the new Lite Combo from Burger King for lunch. Has anyone tried these (sorry if it's on an old thread, I'll try to catch up!). I LOVE the smoky BBQ baguette, and you can get that with a side salad and a water. I felt like a pig bringing back a huge bag of BK to work, but it's seriously like 400 calories for the whole lunch.

Anyway, I should go prep for a meeting, but I hope you all are doing well and I hope to be back soon. Oh, and looks like I'm just in time for the new year's challenge! I'll have to read about it and sign myself up.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:17 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

I just ate the most yummy 5-point sandwich ever! Yum. Tonight my goal is to make some 0point soup - I haven't done that in years. Of course, celery free since i am so allergic! Yikes.

Lexxy - welcome back! Go join the challenge - I think it's a good one, b/c you are working to treat someone else!

Laura - good luck at WI tonight!

Jess - glad you were able to delve into your work and get your mind off of your issues with Aaron. I am sure you'll work it out tonight! May the force be with you!

Jayne- the calcuim suggestion is a good one! Or just making sure you get your exersize in! my sister is due April 8 and she is into prenatal aquasize...she goes 1x/week only, but it is helping her feel better and sleep well. She is overweight (over 200lbs for sure) and so far she has gained only 2lbs, so she thinks that's pretty good!

Well, I have a feeling that wedding bells are coming for me! (at long last). B/f and I had a good talk yesterday and we even looked (albeit casually) at rings! I think before Easter I'll get a ring.....yay!!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:16 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Psst...Belle.....I was trying them on yesterday too. Fun isn't it?
Old 11-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Oooo wedding bells for you too?? I never actually tried it on, just "looked", as b/f is adement that he picks out the ring all on his own!

It'd be cool if we got engaged (officially, that is) at the same time! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls! Today is a bit better Long weekend UGH! some fights lots of makign up AHEm and we saw Matrix revolutions good action NO PLOT I was POP this weekend and today I had a good bye lunch with a girl whos moving to phoenix so I'm checking pts to see how many pts I used I had 22 left for the day I'm still kindof depressed but I'm doing better
JEss Hugs I hope this week gets better too
GGGGGRRRRR dotties doesn't have pts for on the border!
Belle! thanks for the mails hon you made me smile
JAYNE My goddess of momminess hows you?
Hey Laura my yahoo buddy how are you holding up too
And Becky My Bday twin
One class of mine is cancelled and replaced with a meeting htat will Run till 10 tonight I'm a bit unthrilled UGH!
BBL off to find nutritional info for on the border
Love
Kierie
Old 11-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #14  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girlies. Thanks for all of the suggestions on the challenge. Since I'm high-risk, I can't do any exercising and portion control is kind of a funny thing these days since it's been completely self-regulating. I can eat when I'm hungry, but the very instant I'm full (and I do mean very instant) the thought of putting one more thing in my mouth is enough to make me throw up. So that's actually been going well -- too bad it's not like that for the rest of my life. I think that my goal will be to eat 5 daily servings of fruits/veggies and 2 daily servings of calcium or supplements (since I'm lactose intolerant and can't take the pills that help with that right now, I'm doing those viactive chews but I forget a lot)

Kierie, Taco Bell can be pretty decent points-wise if you stick to chicken soft or regular tacos. I know a Taco Salad without the shell is 10 points, a chicken soft taco is 3 or 4 or something like that, and a regular taco is like 4-5. Of course since this is after the fact for you this probably isn't much help at all, so I'll quit rambling at you.

BELLE AND LAURA -- OMG!!!! I am so excited about that...more so than I should be? Nah -- you guys are my 3FC sisters, and if I want to jump up and down because you were trying on rings, well then I'm gonna shake the house!!! Keep us updated, that is way cool. By the way, if you guys are planning to ask me to be a bridesmaid, I look great in navy!

Lexy *big welcome back hug* I've been thinking about you. We miss you around here too. Just remember that every weight loss starts with 6 hours of being OP, and it just builds from there. You CAN do this. Things are kind of rough for you right now, but I am so confident in you and your coping abilities. Keep us updated when you can!
Old 11-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

JAYNE - navy is the colour I have chosen (and b/f too has chosen)!! I want navy dresses with berry coloured/fall coloured flowers! I soooo want an autumn wedding.....

I think your goals are good! You go girl!!

I like your sticker idea too - I think I'll use stickers for my exercise days - I just need some happy faces or something....hmmmm.....
Closed Thread