Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:19 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Magnificent Monday

OK, technically, it's not Monday yet in my time zone. But I'm working night shift the next couple of nights and tonight I'm here by myself and want to make sure that I'm occupied all night, so I thought I'd take a little break and post here. Sorry I haven't been around much this last week, it's kind of weird for me still, with my hours and jobs...

This week has been really good for me, as far as WW goes. The only thing that was kind of hard was Friday and Saturday nights. I got home both nights from going out and was hungry, so I had little snacks, which isn't bad, except that I made sure they were covered in cheese both nights. Then, tonight with the night shift, I've just been eating pretty much non-stop since about 8 p.m. Oh well, I hope I'll still be down at least a little bit at WI on Tuesday. And at least I know I can do well when I'm on a normal schedule.

So, how's the time change treating everyone? I wish it would have waited another week so I wouldn't have had to work nights right after it changed. Oh well, just a couple of nights to get through. And tomorrow night will be 8 hours instead of 10 hours like tonight is.

Hey, it's my birthday. Or it will be at midnight. I'm 25, and I hope that by 26, I'll weigh around 150 and be a C-cup. (That's what all this overtime money is going for--new boobies. Hehe).

Do you guys have exciting Halloween plans? I'm going to a friend's house to watch her scare her neighborhood children. (I'm not a big fan of kids, so it should be fun).

Did anyone do anything exciting this weekend? Friday night, I went out with my friend Melanie and we went to this fancy-schmancy bar called Prestige and I'll tell you what: if I were in the market for an older rich man to be my sugar daddy, that's the place I would go. I got asked to dance by an old guy in a Bill Cosby-type sweater and Melanie got barraged by 3 old guys on our way out. After that, we hit a local hotspot called the Naughty Lounge. Totally not my scene. There was not a single overweight person in the entire place, except for me. I felt really uncomfortable there and it was loud and just not for me. After there, we went to a bar called Rumors where this awesome local band was playing. That was more like it. We stayed until close and on our way out, a couple of guys from the band recognized us from past shows, so we chatted with them a little bit. Last night, we went to a sports bar called the Arena where this other local band was playing their final show. I used to date the bassist and kind of wanted to see him. That SOB didn't even come over to my table and say hello. Of course, my 6'5" BF sitting next to me was maybe a little intimidating.

Anyway, that's about all I can think of to ramble about now. I've been pretty darn chatty tonight, anyway and you're all probably bored with my yammering. See ya!!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:57 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Jess! You seem bubbly I am glad that you had a fun wknd and that your WWer's has been going well. New boobs sound fun. Sometimes I would like to make mine a bit perkier.

Well my halloween plans are to pass out candy and have dinner with my family. My sister is bringing over my neice and nephew so that will be cute. BTW my Halloween goal is far from happening. I am up 4 POUNDS!! I have got to get it together. The halloween candy has been my downfall. I have been eating Reeses Cups like they are grapes I am banning myself from them until Halloween and then I will only have 2 like normal people not like this Peanut Butter addict. OK girls help me with that committment PLEASE. Keep askng me I promise I won't get mad.

I won't be in the office anymore today so I will either check in at home or tommorrow. Have wonderful days everyone.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls happy monday Cough cough
I had a good weekend Saturday we went on a hayride and 2 pick pumpkins and I walked for an hour and 45 min and earned ALOT of points our leader gave us 2 pts for every 15 min of activity for the first 2 weeks. so i ended up with one point left on saturday and a few last night yesterday I just hung out with mom and gram and OH before I Forget
I'm get married July 4 2004!!!!!
Jess your weekend sounds great!
Becky I feel for you i won't even let H candy into our house!
bbl
Kierie
Old 10-27-2003, 11:34 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girls. Just time for a quickie post. It's been a rough weekend here. My cousin (the only other family member up here and not in Milwaukee) was in a pretty serious car accident this weekend, and while she's only got a broken collar bone, her friends that were in the car with her are in pretty bad shape. One is in ICU in a coma and on a ventilator, and the other got airlifted to the Mayo clinic with punctured lungs, broken ribs, a shattered pelvis, and multiple organ injuries. Pray for them all please, if you are the praying type. My cousin is struggling with some really heavy guilt, since she was the driver. I've got a houseful, as her parents are staying here with us and now she is too, until she's comfortable enough to make the seven hour car trip home with them . Thanks in advance for your prayers.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:59 PM   #5  

I will definitely say a prayer for them. I know you will have the strength to get through this trying time, and turn to other forms of comfort (rather than food). I was in a similar situation with my dad almost dieing and I turned to food for comfort, which ultimately left me feeling worse. I'm sure everything will turn out find. My prayers are with you.
Closed Thread